20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 114.
#1851 6 years ago

Spooky would have to change the electronics to p-roc in RZ in order to change the display graphics. That's not going to happen.

Quoted from davijc02:

Because the current display resolution sucks on RZ. It has a display capable of so much more just not utilized. Yes I know it was the first production game to include the color display and the price was not increased all.
I’m not asking for them to do more work for free I’d be more than willing to purchase it as a mod from Spooky.
I have a color DMD installed on my Fish Tales and the quality of those images are far superior to that of a game made in 2016. Sucks to see the display not displaying images to its potential.

#1852 6 years ago

I spoke with fawzma once and he mentioned that he could build a mod for the original board to make it happen.

I just hope at some point Spooky or possibly someone else in the hobby could make higher resolution happen. I’m sure it would be a lot of work but the currents dots need a lot of help.

Or possibly the pinheck board that was intended for ACNC could be used?

My rant is over back to ACNC!

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Because the current display resolution sucks on RZ. It has a display capable of so much more just not utilized. Yes I know it was the first production game to include the color display and the price was not increased all.
I’m not asking for them to do more work for free I’d be more than willing to purchase it as a mod from Spooky.
I have a color DMD installed on my Fish Tales and the quality of those images are far superior to that of a game made in 2016. Sucks to see the display not displaying images to its potential.

I own RZ, I love RZ, I really HATE the display on RZ, and I don't think they should waste 5 minutes converting to Hi-Def. I wish RZ had come out after the "conversion" to P-Roc, but it is what it is. It's not realistic to spend the time on this high of an effort low-to-no profit project for them. Too much work.

That said, I would love if Bowen chimed in on some rule upgrades. That would be a much lower cost investment, and I *thought* there was at least one more release that was supposed to happen at some point.

I also wish something would be added to the apron mod. Frankly I feel like I wasted $300 on what was supposedly to come, because it seems like it has died on the vine at this point.

#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It has a display capable of so much more just not utilized.

The RZ display is higher resolution, but the Pinheck and LCD controller are not. You'd have to swap out everything to be able to display at a higher resolution. Not gonna happen. The best we can hope for it that Bowen gets some input into some rule changes, and even that feels like a serious long shot.

Edit: I should have read the other responses before responding myself so I didn't just say the same stuff.

#1855 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I also wish something would be added to the apron mod. Frankly I feel like I wasted $300 on what was supposedly to come, because it seems like it has died on the vine at this point.

I wants one but I’m now glad I decided to wait it out and see how it develops. Hopefully Fawzma finds the time to get back into developing that.

I too am hoping that Bowen gets a crack to add some items to RZ or as I posted earlier maybe collaborating on the apron mod and giving some direction for it.

I enjoy my RZ too but that damned display pisses me off. If you’re gonna put in a capable display you need to use it appropriately or just leave it out. Just feels like waste to have it display the way it currently is.

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I wants one but I’m now glad I decided to wait it out and see how it develops. Hopefully Fawzma finds the time to get back into developing that.
I too am hoping that Bowen gets a crack to add some items to RZ or as I posted earlier maybe collaborating on the apron mod and giving some direction for it.
I enjoy my RZ too but that damned display pisses me off. If you’re gonna put in a capable display you need to use it appropriately or just leave it out. Just feels like waste to have it display the way it currently is.

Seems pretty silly to be complaining about this now. We all knew what the display looked like when we bought the game and it would be a giant waste of resources to focus on that now. It's ACNC time.

#1857 6 years ago

Was at TPF and got to play this several times. It is really does look and play great! The art on the display screen when you wander the castle is damn near perfect. The shots were also very satisfying.

I'm was happy to hear Charlie announce that they were using P-ROC, and that all the lights would now be RGB. The demo unites still had colored inserts, and when I asked a guy from Spooky if the production games would be clear inserts he said no. That was the only odd thing, as you can't get the full spectrum of colors when you've got colored plastic getting in the way.

Other than that, a big congrats to Spooky! What an amazing game!

#1858 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seems pretty silly to be complaining about this now.

It’s pinside never be amazed at what some may bitch and complain about

#1859 6 years ago

An updated display for RZ is an unlikely as a colorized AMH.

HD LCD's are a content nightmare. I really feel manufacturers shot themselves in the foot making the jump.

#1860 6 years ago

There's no way Spooky will do anything for the display on RZ.

It's something Fawzma has hinted that he could look at in future, but that would be a mod / passion project, and he doesn't seem to have yet found the time to support and update his apron mod as he said he would.

Doing the hardware and then redrawing the RZ graphics would take a hell of a lot longer.

#1861 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

HD LCD's are a content nightmare. I really feel manufacturers shot themselves in the foot making the jump.

I totally agree. All those resources/budget used to make a pretty video presentation (that I never see if I'm playing anyway) that could have gone into the game mechs, toys, or how about adding some quality back where needed and maybe lowering the price??

In a lineup of modern LCD games and say a MMr remake with the "32-bitty" color screen, the MMr is by far the most compelling presentation.

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm going to say an updated RZ display is less likely. Granted, this is not done, but it's well underway.

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm going to say an updated RZ display is less likely. Granted, this is not done, but it's well underway.
» YouTube video

Nice!

#1864 6 years ago

This thread needs more Alice Cooper!

Alice-Steve (resized).pngAlice-Steve (resized).png

#1865 6 years ago

#1866 6 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

» YouTube video

Official song list from the latest video:
BRUTAL PLANET (ZOMBIE MODE)
COLD ETYHL (COLD ETHYL MODE)
DISCO BLOODBATH (VAMPIRE MODE)
FEED MY FRANKENSTEIN (FRANKENSTEIN'S MONSTER MODE)
GO TO HELL (TENTACLE CREATURE MODE)
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS (INSECTIONS MODE)
LOST IN AMERICA (IGOR MODE)
NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY (WEREWOLF MODE)
BILLION DOLLAR BABIES (WIZARD MODE)
I LOVE THE DEAD (ALICE COOPER INSERT)

youtube playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZhqbEdh-4hZfyJRYPFsE4wrV4zj5cRhW

#1867 6 years ago

What about the ALICE COOPER insert? Isn't that a mode with a song too?
It says on the playfield (Find and Defeat all 9 monsters) and then an arrow points to the 10th insert - the wizard mode.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

youtube playlist:

center playfield (resized).pngcenter playfield (resized).png

#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What about the ALICE COOPER insert? Isn't that a mode with a song too?
It says on the playfield (Find and Defeat all 9 monsters) and then an arrow points to the 10th insert - the wizard mode.

Alice Cooper is one of the nine monsters that you must beat to light the wizard mode.

#1869 6 years ago

Thanks Ben, do you know the song associated with the ALICE COOPER insert?

Quoted from benheck:

Alice Cooper is one of the nine monsters that you must beat to light the wizard mode.

#1870 6 years ago

I believe it's I love The Dead.

#1871 6 years ago

March 26 the orders begin...

#1873 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1521657952253 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1521657952253 (resized).jpg

#1874 6 years ago

Gotto admit this looks pretty cool, is there any footage how that guillotine works/interacts with the ball?

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

is there any footage how that guillotine works/interacts with the ball?

there is a glimpse of it in the video at the 27 second mark working.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

there is a glimpse of it in the video at the 27 second mark working.

Thanks I’ll give it another watch now, knew I had probably missed it.

#1877 6 years ago

Hey Spooky Charlie and Crew
That is one good lookin' game! Art is beautiful. Matt's (Back Alley Creations) molded parts look incredible.
Got a chance to play it at TPF. (lines were long every time I walked by) Fun game to play.
You guys definitely have a bright future. Wishing you the best.
Wally

#1878 6 years ago

nice little blue board in there

#1879 6 years ago

Love that it's not a traditional "music pin", but Disco Bloodbath Fever still could get old. Perhaps make it easy to swap that one out.

Oh no, here we go

Disco who, disco what
Get down on your knees, and keep your trap shut
Disco this, disco that
When disc-gos to hell, that's where we're at, where we're at

Yo Yo Yo, Yooooo
Yo Yo Yo, Yooooo

#1881 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

March 25 the orders begin...

26th. Monday. 25th is a Sunday

#1882 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I own RZ, I love RZ, I really HATE the display on RZ, and I don't think they should waste 5 minutes converting to Hi-Def. I wish RZ had come out after the "conversion" to P-Roc, but it is what it is. It's not realistic to spend the time on this high of an effort low-to-no profit project for them. Too much work.
That said, I would love if Bowen chimed in on some rule upgrades. That would be a much lower cost investment, and I *thought* there was at least one more release that was supposed to happen at some point.

Pretty sure they'll have to update RZ code at some point, and hopefully soon, as the game isn't reliable on the last release, and the beta that fixed that issue also sounds like it isn't 100%, but I have yet to try the beta myself.

#1883 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

26th. Monday. 25th is a Sunday

Fat fingered ! Fixing

#1884 6 years ago

Just a quick note... busy doesn't cover life here right now.

Yes, Alice's song is "I Love the Dead". Thanks Ben!

16 songs, 10 of which are Alice songs THAT MUST BE EARNED! It's not a jukebox game, you won't get abused by them over and over.

We'll get some game play video out there asap, but before the 26th for sure. Jack Danger will come stream as soon as we get the code up to speed so there is enough mode play to give an accurate representation.

Price is in fact $6,450... hope the full RGB makes up for the $200 bump, but is what it is.

If you aren't sure on your purchase... hold off. I doubt 500 games will sell immediately, although anything is possible. Previous Spooky buyers will get bumped up, all orders will be open at once to everyone. Trying to do Spooky customers / then new buyers got VERY chaotic in the past. This is why we took zero sales at TPF. DON'T BUY IF YOU AREN'T CONFIDENT! Spooky does everything we can to keep prices in check, and we have never shorted a single person a game. That's not about to change. Quality gets better every day, and we're doing all we can to keep the improvements rolling.

Rob Zombie is not going to HD ever... at least by us. People forget it was the 1st "free color display" (we didn't even raise the price a dime over AMH with the color screen or license). Short lived victory when Stern leaped over us with HD 10 minutes later. Code will get a final bug squash update, but it's time to move on. There is a mountain of content in that game so we hope you enjoy it.

We put everything we possibly could into this game, and we hope that shows... great team effort to say the least. We'll be at MGC with the game in a few weeks and hope to see you there!

#1885 6 years ago

Sounds interesting Charlie. I love horror themed pins and hope this pin may fill the gap for me.

Looking forward to some HD video of the game in action.

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Quality gets better every day, and we're doing all we can to keep the improvements rolling.

I wasn’t at TPF Charlie but the above statement is evident from your reveal that I watched live on stream, AMH and RZ are both great looking games but TNA and ACNC both ooze a level of quality and finish that blow them away, it’s amazing what you have achieved and following ACNC wish you continued success!

#1887 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

TNA and ACNC both ooze a level of quality and finish that blow them away

It wasn't an accident... we have busted our collective a**es to get EVERYTHING better.

Thanks for noticing.

8 a.m Central time on the 26th will be the official sales launch time... putting together all the distributor info the next couple days so we don't screw this up any more than can be avoided.

#1888 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It wasn't an accident... we have busted our collective a**es to get EVERYTHING better.
Thanks for noticing.
8 a.m Central time on the 26th will be the official sales launch time... putting together all the distributor info the next couple days so we don't screw this up any more than can be avoided.

Does that mean we have to buy from a distributor now or we just contact KT as usual with an email on Monday?

#1889 6 years ago

Dang

I don't like Alice Cooper at all but this game looks cool.

Might even buy one.

The castle plastics 100% remind me of the He-Man castle of Grayskull toy I had as a little kid which makes me want the game even more.

Plus I can put it next to Aerosmith & work on my Waynes World lineup

Grayskull_out (resized).JPGGrayskull_out (resized).JPG

#1890 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The castle plastics 100% remind me of the He-Man castle of Grayskull toy I had as a little kid

Hell yeah, stick the two halves of the sword together and stick them in that hole to unlock the drawbridge door.

#1891 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

it's debatable..
On one hand, you get the freedom to not be restricted (think about how difficult it was for early programmers to make 8x8 sprites on arcade games to look good). On the other hand, HD sort of has this expectation of smooth animations.. Looking at a game like TNA, having 3d content is also sort of expected.

Transformers "the pin" was released with an alphanumeric display. Was it the display that killed it? Was it the compromised playfield? Was it the low weight feeling like a toy with more than 1/2 the price of a full size game? Not sure

Then you look at redemption games and it seems to be a mixed bag. There's a youtuber that goes by Matt3756 with 1.5 million subscribers, and this most recent video shows him playing 6 redemption games. Out of those, only 2 feature real graphic displays (the rest use basic backglass like bulb feedback and segment displays to show score). Out of the other 2, one is a pixelated space invaders game, and the other is a crab game with over the top HD graphics using a translucent LCD screen over mechanical objects.

Yet I'm not sure the HD display has any affect on earnings. One of the biggest earning redemption games is big bass wheel, and it has a very basic scoring screen

#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Love that it's not a traditional "music pin", but Disco Bloodbath Fever still could get old. Perhaps make it easy to swap that one out.
Oh no, here we go
Disco who, disco what
Get down on your knees, and keep your trap shut
Disco this, disco that
When disc-gos to hell, that's where we're at, where we're at
Yo Yo Yo, Yooooo
Yo Yo Yo, Yooooo
» YouTube video

Ooooof~! That's pretty awful!

#1893 6 years ago

I love Alice Cooper and really want to buy this game and support Spooky, but after watching the video, I am concerned about flow. There appears to be a lot of stop and go?? Could anyone who played it provide some feedback on this. I personally like fast, furious, brutal games........like TNA. The video of ACNC reminded me of Simpson’s Pinball Party game play, a game in which I hated.

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love Alice Cooper and really want to buy this game and support Spooky, but after watching the video, I am concerned about flow. There appears to be a lot of stop and go?? Could anyone who played it provide some feedback on this. I personally like fast, furious, brutal games........like TNA. The video of ACNC reminded me of Simpson’s Pinball Party game play, a game in which I hated.

You are concerned about flow, yet you like TNA? I wouldn’t consider TNA a flow game at all - only an orbit shot when the reactor is not ready.

#1895 6 years ago

There are at least 3 orbit shots, as I recall from playing it. The inner orbit is not as fast as the one on Star Wars, but it’s fast enough.

#1896 6 years ago

I think the song choices are really clever. I made a playlist on Amazon Music from this, and tried to imagine playing the modes during these songs. I might change 2 or 3, but I love the rest. I also love the balance between classic rock and power metal - something for everyone.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I LOVE THE DEAD (ALICE COOPER INSERT)
youtube playlist:

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think the song choices are really clever. I made a playlist on Amazon Music from this, and tried to imagine playing the modes during these songs. I might change 2 or 3, but I love the rest. I also love the balance between classic rock and power metal - something for everyone.

Agreed, it's a solid list. I'd just swap out "Disco Bloodbath Fever" with "Raise The Dead". Perhaps more zombie then vampires, but it still seems like it would still fit with the theme. Plus it's from Alice's super group, Hollywood Vampires. Maybe do a double swap and use "Raise The Dead" for zombie mode and "Brutal Planet" for vampire mode. Either way though it's looking like it's going to be one hell of a machine. Bravo Spooky.

#1898 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Best if you play it for yourself , you'll be the best judge of weather or not the game is to your liking .I realize you most likely will not have a chance to play it before Spooky starts taking deposits , but you don't have to get in right away , just wait .I have played AC and don't think it is anything like simpsons pinball party . I also don't care for simpsons but like AC from what I have played so far . As far as fast furious and brutal almost everything will seem like a step or two down when compared to TNA .

#1899 6 years ago

I’m really enjoying the early Alice Cooper albums again, mostly from the 70’s. He did some really creative stuff on albums like Easy Action. Of course, I wouldn’t even be thinking of AC if it weren’t for Spooky, so thanks!

#1900 6 years ago

It would be cool if the shipping container looked like this. Just replace “Muscle of Love” with “Nightmare Castle”.

A6E8D9B9-0913-4091-A93E-9BDBACC09F29 (resized).jpegA6E8D9B9-0913-4091-A93E-9BDBACC09F29 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/38?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.