20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 114.
#1751 6 years ago

That would be great. Appreciate the clarification! I thought this thing was open for business? I see ads from distributors already on pinside. Good to know.

#1752 6 years ago

After playing it yesterday and today, I liked it more and more each game. The code was super bare bare bare bones. I bet the last minute switch to PROC didn’t help that.

I am looking forward to the game. Huge leap forward for Spooky in every area that I can tell. It’s obvious they have learned a lot.

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I would encourage all manufacturers to do this. Think of what Todd Tuckey's winning formula is:
1. Prepare a 10 minute video explaining the rules, and showing the shots of the game with the glass off.
2. Prepare a 15 minute video by playing a few games with glass on, and let people get a sense of the flow, sound, and stop-n-go of the game.
3. Show your game at a show. As soon as you are done with your speaking engagement...
4. Post the prepared videos.

Games aren't ready that far ahead of time. It's just not practical. It's a scramble to get them set for a show.

I get it, we're not at the show and missing out. But it's okay, information can spread some, we don't need to always know it all right away.

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - maybe a stream the day before or that day then. We'll see. That would be a good idea though.

I'm sure Spooky has a plan. They are not taking orders yet so everyone will have sometime to think it over.

I took the tpf reveal as more of a way for everyone at the show to be able to play the game more. I think it was smart for them to keep both games on the floor and focus on the people and in person relationships at the show. Tpf has been good to Spooky so it's awesome to see them being good to it right back. I think streaming will come and they will continue to build momentum up till the date you can purchase one.

#1755 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The code was super bare bare bare bones. I bet the last minute switch to PROC didn’t help that.

This is a good thing really, with this news about Bowen. I would love to see him have an early impact on the code.

#1756 6 years ago

Game looks amazingly good guys I’m very impressed

#1757 6 years ago

I'm curious why people are clamoring for Jack to stream the game. If Bowen is now working with Spooky, doesn't it make sense that Bowen would do it?

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

I'm curious why people are clamoring for Jack to stream the game. If Bowen is now working with Spooky, doesn't it make sense that Bowen would do it?

Bowen would not be the one setting up the camera to film Papa is the one that is filming while he played.

#1759 6 years ago

If you want it, better jump in fast....I think this will sell out pretty quick!

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah! Let's tell people that if they're so interested they should have gone to texas! That sounds logical - if this was 1940.
Lack of proper streaming is a huge disappointment simple as that. We live in an age where everything is streamed and cost to do so is not significant. You have degenerates living in their mothers basement streaming nonsense all the time - something like this can be done easily. Not taking advantage of the technology to build hype is a wasted opportunity - simple fact. I for one would have loved to see more and if it was good, would have been persuaded to go for it. I appreciated the initial reveal but cmon now - let's stream people playing it with proper sound. Even an hour would have been sufficient.

Some of us don't have the privilege

#1761 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

It’s a toss up. Bowen would be an active demo with thrilling shots that many of us can’t consistently make and a clear dissertation on the rules while Jack would bring the fun of seeing how the game gets better as the Gin and La Croix intake increases that is likely more like how many of us play at home.

#1762 6 years ago

Stream of the announcement. I’m aware the audio isn’t great but wasn’t much we could do unfortunately with the position he the game in the room versus the placement of the speakers.

#1763 6 years ago

I observed a level of douchbaggery that I’ve never seen in other pinball events. There was a long line for AC, and a little girl of about 8 was waiting patiently with us. Then this guy jumps through the line to stand next to the game, and puts up a 4-player game for her. That seemed odd, but of course we let the little girl play her balls (which were draining pretty fast anyway). Then when she got to player 4 the guy says “I’m gonna play now!”, jumps in and plays a ball. The little girl turned to me and said “He wasn’t in line with us! That’s not right.” I didn’t make a big issue out of it because I didn’t want to ruin the girl’s experience. I just said to her “He was wrong, and karma is gonna get him.”

#1764 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

March 26th is when you can start ordering I believe.

Any idea on a date one would get their game if they did so? Looks awesome but my anticipation for pintation would drive me nuts. Has anyone heard any real timeframes?

#1765 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think it would be better to wait, play it, and wait for it to be shipping before jumping in. Even if it sells out, it will be available, everything is available later. Think of it this way, AMH sold 150 and RZ 300 or so, and both are available for at the original price still. All the Stern games and JJP games are this way too, be patient, play it, and make an educated purchase. There are a lot of other games coming out and it could be a while before yours would even be built.

#1766 6 years ago

Jack was definitely at the show as a stern diplomat. That was his job this weekend and they have been good to him. Bowden stated in a recent podcast interview that his streaming is decided on by another group, maybe papa, because they are funding it. I’m sure jack will stream the game and do it justice. I hope Charlie and Jack can coordinate it before the date they go on sale. It will assist some in making a better decision.

#1767 6 years ago

I think the game has work to do. nothing major but some tweaks from what they learned in what was a hugely useful playtest. but I really liked it, fun flowing and some great rules so far!

#1768 6 years ago

Keep in mind the audio got to Spooky around a week ago. That's not much time to get anything playable for the show. ACNC is going to keep getting better and better.

#1769 6 years ago

This should pan out to be spooky best game yet. I love the art and layout. Code will come together.

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I love the art and layout. Code will come together.

I think you mean the code will tie it together.

#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think it would be better to wait, play it, and wait for it to be shipping before jumping in. Even if it sells out, it will be available, everything is available later. Think of it this way, AMH sold 150 and RZ 300 or so, and both are available for at the original price still. All the Stern games and JJP games are this way too, be patient, play it, and make an educated purchase. There are a lot of other games coming out and it could be a while before yours would even be built.

I don’t disagree with anything you said....BUT....both Stern and JJP continue to churn out the same title indefinitely if it does well. Spooky titles are one and done. AMH and RZ were groundbreaking for Spooky in different ways - but ACNC is going to be a really, really good game.

I’m not going to speculate on future prices, and honestly it doesn’t matter to me. I buy games I like, and I like ACNC.

#1772 6 years ago

One important bit of information I got from a conversation I had with Charlie - he said that the game has several (5 maybe?) unique music compositions. He said that the game is not an “AC jukebox” as you only hear AC songs upon completion of achievements. I thought this was a spectacular idea and one of the final bits of information that sold me on the game.

(Sorry if this has already been mentioned as I haven’t had time to read the whole thread after getting back from TPF)

#1773 6 years ago

I played it at TPF it was a one ball game, can't tell anything from a one ball game. They didn't reveal until halfway through the festival, then had them set to one ball games. I lost interest at that point.

#1774 6 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

I played it at TPF it was a one ball game, can't tell anything from a one ball game. They didn't reveal until halfway through the festival, then had them set to one ball games. I lost interest at that point.

Can you imagine the line wait time if it was set to 3 ball? American pinball did this with Houdini as well. Short game but at least more people got a shot at it

#1775 6 years ago

It didn’t take long to get back through the line and get some time in. It was changed to two-ball later in the night.
I was able to get Frankenstein multiball which was really fun. David Van Es stood next to or near the games all night answering questions and explaining things to anyone interested.
It was cool to learn that once the ball makes it to the upper pf, there’s 5 ways it can exit. I can’t wait to play it again.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I observed a level of douchbaggery that I’ve never seen in other pinball events. There was a long line for AC, and a little girl of about 8 was waiting patiently with us. Then this guy jumps through the line to stand next to the game, and puts up a 4-player game for her. That seemed odd, but of course we let the little girl play her balls (which were draining pretty fast anyway). Then when she got to player 4 the guy says “I’m gonna play now!”, jumps in and plays a ball. The little girl turned to me and said “He wasn’t in line with us! That’s not right.” I didn’t make a big issue out of it because I didn’t want to ruin the girl’s experience. I just said to her “He was wrong, and karma is gonna get him.”

In this day and age there is no such thing as decency I'm afraid.

#1777 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Jack was definitely at the show as a stern diplomat. That was his job this weekend and they have been good to him. Bowden stated in a recent podcast interview that his streaming is decided on by another group, maybe papa, because they are funding it. I’m sure jack will stream the game and do it justice. I hope Charlie and Jack can coordinate it before the date they go on sale. It will assist some in making a better decision.

I believe you mean Bowen, and I think he allows his patreon members choose what games he does tutorials for.

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Worst pinball advice ever. Don’t you listen to Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast??

#1779 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don’t disagree with anything you said....BUT....both Stern and JJP continue to churn out the same title indefinitely if it does well. Spooky titles are one and done. AMH and RZ were groundbreaking for Spooky in different ways - but ACNC is going to be a really, really good game.
I’m not going to speculate on future prices, and honestly it doesn’t matter to me. I buy games I like, and I like ACNC.

There's no chance whatsoever of price not dropping at least modestly from launch price, once the scalpers / impatient people have satisfied themselves.

Let's say optimistically they start building at the end of May and finish in May '19. Between now and May '19 we will have seen another 4-5 new Stern 'cornerstone' titles, JJP will likely have 5 titles shipping by then, CGC may have 4 titles shipping by then, AP should have their second title shipping ... and there may be other launches, if the rest survive.

That's not a market that will see price inflation on NIB for any title or any manufacturer.

The more that people expect this, the more people will pay way over the odds for some of the first 50 or so off the line ... then half of those people will scream blue murder that they lost their shirt (and probably blame Spooky) when prices settle. It's stupid.

#1780 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Don’t you listen to Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast??

Second worst advice in pinball...

#1781 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Second worst advice in pinball...

*internet high-five*

That, sir, was well played!

#1782 6 years ago

Does anyone know if acnc is gonna make an appearance at the Ohio show?

#1783 6 years ago

Even at 500 units they WILL show up for sale often enough for those interested to buy one on the secondary market.

So I would advise not to get wrapped into the mindset of if I don’t buy it now I’ll never get a chance at one. That was my line of thinking when I bought RZ. If I would have waited I could have purchased one cheaper.

I know the haters will say that’s because RZ sucks but I diasagree wholeheartedly. It’s not for everyone but I find it fun.

So far the game looks cool but hard to say where it’s going. With Spooky dedication and with Bowen to help outnumbered I’m sure if will come out great but it still won’t be for everyone.

I’m hoping Bowen might take a look at RZ and maybe have a couple ideas for it! Probably just wishful thinking but ya never know.

#1784 6 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

I wonder how much of that was their choice. Maybe it was, I don't know, but perhaps the TPF wanted to have a splash at the end to keep people around.

#1785 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Even at 500 units they WILL show up for sale often enough for those interested to buy one on the secondary market.
So I would advise not to get wrapped into the mindset of if I don’t buy it now I’ll never get a chance at one. That was my line of thinking when I bought RZ. If I would have waited I could have purchased one cheaper.
I know the haters will say that’s because RZ sucks but I diasagree wholeheartedly. It’s not for everyone but I find it fun.
So far the game looks cool but hard to say where it’s going. With Spooky dedication and with Bowen to help outnumbered I’m sure if will come out great but it still won’t be for everyone.
I’m hoping Bowen might take a look at RZ and maybe have a couple ideas for it! Probably just wishful thinking but ya never know.

The RZ code was what let it down in my opinion. It just wasn't polished in a way that was fun.

It's super hard designing great rulesets and this is why Lyman is so revered.

If Spooky get great code on this game, they will sell 500 because people won't want to sell them.

Adding Bowen now gives them a fantastic opportunity to create a really polished, fun, addictive ruleset.

#1786 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Don’t you listen to Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast??

Only when I'm on it....

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If Spooky get great code on this game, they will sell 500 because people won't want to sell them.

I agree. However as we all know once the next Pin is revealed that we all start itching for that because it’s the best new thing. So we start selling to fund and make room for that new shiny pin.

I see AMH come up quite often and they only made 150. My advice is see how the code develops and attempt to see if it’s to your Liking. No reason to take a close to $7k gamble because it’s rare.

#1788 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

There's no chance whatsoever of price not dropping at least modestly from launch price, once the scalpers / impatient people have satisfied themselves.
Let's say optimistically they start building at the end of May and finish in May '19. Between now and May '19 we will have seen another 4-5 new Stern 'cornerstone' titles, JJP will likely have 5 titles shipping by then, CGC may have 4 titles shipping by then, AP should have their second title shipping ... and there may be other launches, if the rest survive.
That's not a market that will see price inflation on NIB for any title or any manufacturer.
The more that people expect this, the more people will pay way over the odds for some of the first 50 or so off the line ... then half of those people will scream blue murder that they lost their shirt (and probably blame Spooky) when prices settle. It's stupid.

I'm not sure why you quoted me as I'm not arguing that the price will go up...or down. As I said in my post, I don't care what the price does. I'm just pointing out some differences in market factors between Spooky vs JJP/Stern.

Buy it now, buy it later, don't buy it. Personally, I played the game, I liked the game, I will buy the game.

#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

No reason to take a close to $7k gamble

it is $6450...

also, this is entertainment and not investing so not really "gambling" for most.

I assume to sell any new game for 10-20% less than when purchased new. In some cases, they go up and in others they go down more.

Limited games with fun themes, if designed well, with solid code are all things that should mitigate your worry when you are concerned about "loss" of a toys value IMHO.

ACNC to me is a good shooter which is the most important thing for step 1.
Step 1.5 was up the build quality (which it appears even the protos really are build with TNA quality plus some)
Step 2 is that it is not just another music game and more a haunted castle (TAF and MB had a kid) theme with spooky music and a few Alice tunes that even a casual can like.
Step 3 is they hired someone that knows rulesets, risk v reward, and coding to get Fawzma in gear on what makes pinball fun (sure some ideas are cool but having a head pinhead in charge of code department is GREAT... The same reasons lyman games are fun is what Spooky just hired).

I dont see ACNC losing value as quickly as a game like RZ did, if that is your main concern.

#1790 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah! Let's tell people that if they're so interested they should have gone to texas! That sounds logical - if this was 1940.
Lack of proper streaming is a huge disappointment simple as that. We live in an age where everything is streamed and cost to do so is not significant

So would you be willing to pay for streaming access to the seminars? Because the seminars and making them happen is a big part of the show.

If you want just a Spooky public stream of the game... they'll do that stuff elsewhere.

#1791 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it is $6450...

Roughly another $250-300 for shipping. I imagine that Spooky will offer a some factory upgrades. So while maybe not quite reaching the $7k threshold it’s close enough.

I too don’t consider Pinball an investment. My point was really the gamble on if this Pin is your your liking without having played it.

I’m not faulting Spooky at all but I do consider it a gamble to throw down a large amount of money due to the game being limited in numbers and you don’t want to miss a shot at owning the game.

Look at how many people were on the RZ train when it was announced versus the amount available toward the end of the run. That’s how I managed to get a NIB when others fled for various reasons. This might be comparing apples to oranges with ACNC but the same feelings exist. “If I don’t buy it now I’ll miss my shot”. All the while the buyer is just hoping it works out for them.

I have full confidence that Spooky is going to do everything in their power to crush this. It’s just unfortunate that more of the game couldn’t be coded prior to order sales happening.

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

prior to order sales happening.

Yeah, I wish they would just wait and take orders and 1k deposit at MGC (April 13th-15th).

They will have more to show codewise and it will give a few more thousand people the ability to play it themselves and then decide.
I also think it would be good marketing and fun hype type thing to have pre-sales actually start at the show. Just tell people to bring their checkbook and do check only sales so they dont have to worry about taking in cash.

I dont personally think this is an instant sell out as most people are smart enough to wait and play for any game now-a-days.

#1793 6 years ago

Its up to the buyer to decide whether they want to put down a non refundable deposit before or after they play the game. Spooky needs to take in positive cash flow and isnt forcing anyone to do anything.

#1794 6 years ago

FawzmaGames Can you share anything about the plans for the "Switch Monster Mode" targets? They are pretty much dead center on the playfield, so I'm assuming they will be important. Also hoping to see some footage of how the ball returns off of these. That remains my one area of concern in terms of how the game will shoot.

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

fawzmagames Can you share anything about the plans for the "Switch Monster Mode" targets? They are pretty much dead center on the playfield, so I'm assuming they will be important. Also hoping to see some footage of how the ball returns off of these. That remains my one area of concern in terms of how the game will shoot.

In the foyer they are there to change which monster you fight in the monster room. As soon as you take an outer orbit, your monster is locked.

When you are in just about any other room, they are used to collect an item that will help during the monster battle.

They are also used during the Insect fight as one of the targets needed to kill off the swarm.

As for the location, its not a STDM death trap as you might think. Many times the ball is being deflected to the left/right due to the metal rivets.

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

fawzmagames Can you share anything about the plans for the "Switch Monster Mode" targets? They are pretty much dead center on the playfield, so I'm assuming they will be important. Also hoping to see some footage of how the ball returns off of these. That remains my one area of concern in terms of how the game will shoot.

Shot those targets several times this weekend and no SDTM from them for me.

#1797 6 years ago

Another question for fawzma any idea as to how many total modes will be in the game and how many different mballs the game will have the game looks awesome

#1798 6 years ago

Congrats to Spooky for an amazing launch. ACNC looks amazing!

- Gerry

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Another question for fawzma any idea as to how many total modes will be in the game and how many different mballs the game will have the game looks awesome

8 selectable modes.
Frank MB, open in most case. If you start this MB while fighting a monster, it become a "lab MB"
Cypt MB , open in most case
Alice Cooper Guillotine MB, unlocked after beating Alice
Ethyl MB, unlocked after beating Ethyl.

They get harder and harder to activate as they get started.

Billion Dollar Baby Wizard
Super Spinners
Super Slings

All MB's can stack to help get you through the monsters. With Bowen in the picture, no idea what will change.

#1800 6 years ago

FawzmaGames I overheard someone ask if Bowen were going to look back at RZ in one of the ACNC videos and I couldn’t quite make out the answer given.

While I understand ACNC is the main focus any chance he might have some input with the last code update? A goodie or two or possibly some collaboration with you on your apron mod.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.