20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 114.
#1651 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Almost looks like a magnet between/below the flippers? Or is that an insert, etc.?

Yes magnet. It’s a ball save. Catches it and throws it straight back up between the flippers.

#1652 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Yes magnet. It’s a ball save. Catches it and throws it straight back up between the flippers.

Like goldeneye. Only without the crotch wear, lol.

#1653 6 years ago

I was able to play several one ball games tonight. The game does have lots of flow. Charlie says there are 11 shots in the game, so there is plenty to keep you interested. Never been a preorder guy before, but emailed KT today to get one.

#1655 6 years ago

Praise, praise, praise for trying to do something different

Looks like some real heart and soul went into this pin - some real originiality here. The truely fantastic never comes from just always playing it safe.

#1656 6 years ago

The Frankenstein ball lock on the left ramp is pretty cool. I like how the mechanism can pickup balls from either direction or let them pass. Anyone know how those center targets on the lower playfield are integrated into gameplay?

#1657 6 years ago

Looks like I'm in too. Might go ahead and put a deposit down on TNA at the same time. Bowen doing the rules put me over the edge. I'm not a huge Alice Cooper fan, but the overall package seems great.

#1658 6 years ago

It appears the 500 ACNC will sell out easily before Titainiumaiden man is revealed

Stern missed the boat, crazy to see, considering the way George harped on the huge teams he has now ?

Torn apart waiting for Maiden,

ACNC looks killer, I want this game !

Team Spooky you guys ROCK ! Keep up the great work

#1659 6 years ago

Remember non refundable deposit i believe... so make sure u really love everything about it or better yet play it before you purchase.

#1660 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Remember non refundable deposit i believe... so make sure u really love everything about it or better yet play it before you purchase.

Yes and no. At this pricepoint people will book one. Play it in the wild determine if they will open the box or sell it for the same price.

#1661 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yes and no. At this pricepoint people will book one. Play it in the wild determine if they will open the box or sell it for the same price.

Hopefully you can...u never know... plus dont forget the shipping cost . Not something i would chance without playing... 6500-6900 after shipping is not a cheap price point.

#1662 6 years ago

Nitro is now a Spooky distributor. Contact us Toll Free 1-855-DO-NITRO or [email protected]

Thanks, Tommy

#1663 6 years ago

RD is the New Zealand distributor!

Send money now!

So we can get in an early run.

Added bonus: free beer with every ACNC ordered this month.

rd

C4779535-CE30-4D52-9B4D-503985E18325 (resized).jpegC4779535-CE30-4D52-9B4D-503985E18325 (resized).jpeg

#1664 6 years ago

Just got to play a couple 2 ball games. Charlie put one of them on 2 ball. This is my favorite spooky game by far. The art is great on the playfield and cabinet. The large colored screen is fantastic. I really dig the magnet ball save. Got to witness it a few times and it is cool. Lots of shots and the castle walls are very cool. There is some sort of drop target ball lock that is sweet. I am not a alice cooper fan and have said i would never buy this pin but I may be eating my words. I just don't have enough money for all this new cool stuff.

#1665 6 years ago

I played a one ball game earlier. The magnet save is super cool. I got a save in the left outlane and the magnet grabbed the ball. Small drop and shoots it up. Got the ball into the upper playfeild a few times but couldn’t figure out what I was supposed to do. The drop target went back up when hit. So must have to qualify that shot/ramp. Looking forward to a stream when I can really hear and understand he game. Really like what I could experience today.

#1666 6 years ago

I would guess it's adjustable, but I think you have to hit the target 2-3 times before it stays down. Then you can shoot that ramp in reverse, locking the ball, and starting Frankenstein multiball..."Feed My Frankenstein". That lock and reveal is what I'd call the biggest "toy" on the game.

#1667 6 years ago

Game looks like a lot of fun to play. I really like the magnet ball save-genius. I also like what Matt did with Castle, it reminds me of Castle Grayskull (; I also really like the skull eyes lighting with the spinner interaction. I look forward to playing this game, great job Spooky.

#1668 6 years ago

Many good design elements - physical ball lock, ball save, molded toys and good artwork everywhere. I know the music will crush. Way to go Spooky! One thing that stands out are tons of cool sculptures by Backalley Matt. Stern needs to step up their game in this area. Code, a/v and shootability could not be evaluated at this time.

#1669 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's why it's a good decision for Spooky to only open orders one week later on the 26th.

If they opened them immediately after the reveal, there would've been a stampede and then inevitable buyer's remorse, which doesn't help either them or punters.

Spooky do a lot of little things very sensibly.

#1670 6 years ago

I like the look of this game and I am interested. I didnt know that the deposit is non-refundable. Does anyone know if the game will be at Allentown?

#1671 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would guess it's adjustable, but I think you have to hit the target 2-3 times before it stays down. Then you can shoot that ramp in reverse, locking the ball, and starting Frankenstein multiball..."Feed My Frankenstein". That lock and reveal is what I'd call the biggest "toy" on the game.

At the moment, you have to shoot the left ramp to lock the first ball. Then get to upper playfield, knock down the drop target 3 times then lock the right side. Frank does his thing then you lower him back down by shooting the ramps and and hitting the upper drop target to collect the jackpots.

There is now enough screen room to add more details about what players need to do. They will be in the form of the yellow comic info boxes.

It will become harder and harder to restart frank. So you might want to save him for a later modes

#1672 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

There is now enough screen room to add more details about what players need to do. They will be in the form of the yellow comic info boxes.

How about adding call outs for the shots when the mode starts instead?

#1673 6 years ago

Oops wrong post, wrong tread.

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How about adding call outs for the shots when the mode starts instead?

that will happen as well. We made sure to get directional callouts.

#1675 6 years ago

Was ready to put down a deposit on this machine, but with the price increase and the deposit being non-refundable I think I'll wait until I get a chance to play it. Hope it shows up at the Allentown show!

#1676 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Was ready to put down a deposit on this machine, but with the price increase and the deposit being non-refundable I think I'll wait until I get a chance to play it. Hope it shows up at the Allentown show!

Always a good. All to play the game first. Remember spooky isn’t as big as stern etc and people changing their mind would negatively affect them. I would suggest calling your distributor. Maybe he can offer different terms. Is it Pinball star out there? Others are kingpin games, rob Anthony. And of course spooky direct.

#1677 6 years ago

The price increase for the better PROC system for RGB integration on all lights plus that layout and the castle sculpts by back alley plus alice cooper music on same audio system as TNA for the price is well worth it. There's only gonna be 500 of these presently so if you don't put a deposit down you may be paying a premium later and if it's as good as it looks and plays better than maybe even harder. I'm in. Great job Spooky, sorry Stern too little too late.

#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

The price increase for the better PROC system for RGB integration on all lights plus that layout and the castle sculpts by back alley plus alice cooper music on same audio system as TNA for the price is well worth it. There's only gonna be 500 of these presently so if you don't put a deposit down you may be paying a premium later and if it's as good as it looks and plays better than maybe even harder. I'm in. Great job Spooky, sorry Stern too little too late.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great... And I get the price increase. Just not as eager to plunk down a non-refundable deposit until I get to play it now. I may regret it if they sell it quickly... We'll see.

#1679 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Nitro is now a Spooky distributor. Contact us Toll Free 1-855-DO-NITRO or [email protected]
Thanks, Tommy

Quoted from rotordave:

RD is the New Zealand distributor!
Send money now!

D1D3E93A-B8D3-4FBE-B0CF-037B1F28817C (resized).jpegD1D3E93A-B8D3-4FBE-B0CF-037B1F28817C (resized).jpeg

Just kidding guys, keep up the good work.

#1680 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

He is right, but still the best spooky Layout, game and graphics for now.
I think they can sell double if they want to.

Makes sense. 500 is a small number...I think almost any pinball game can sell 500. No doubt they could sell 1000 of AC pins. Just to be clear, I'm not very familiar with Spooky pinball products. Never owned one. I've only played one...AMH (which did nothing for me). I hear TNA is awesome, but I haven't played it yet. I'm a big fan of 80's pins, so I'm sure I'll like TNA...seems like an 80's design on steroids

I've been an Alice Cooper fan since the mid-70's. I also love pinball. Seems like this design is a deviation from the standard rock "tribute" designs where the songs/symbols/characters on the PF are a reflection of the band (and "in your face"). As an Alice Cooper fan, I was expecting more "Alice" on the PF. For Alice fans that aren't pinheads, they will likely be disappointed (looking for a more traditional "tribute" to their band). For pinball enthusiasts focused more on the game and less on the tribute, it won't matter much if the game rocks.

Looking forward to playing it! Considering how hard titles like this are to find, will likely buy it before playing it. Seems like Spooky is doing well and would like to support their efforts.

snaroff

#1681 6 years ago

Spooky normally offers to their return customers 1st shot at a new machine which means that a 150 America's most haunted, 300 rob zombie's, and over 300 TNA customers (most who are return customers anyway) will get first crack at ACNC, Leaving less than half of the available stock presently of 500 pieces up for grabs for 1st time customers. It's a better built cabinet, better built sturdier play field, And I agree they're not as big as Stern which means that they actually care more, they have more to lose if they get it wrong and you won't run into cabinets falling apart bad nodes and cheap flimsy wood playfields and unfinished codes.

#1682 6 years ago

Great side shots. Art is fantastic. Really getting the spooky vide. Couldn’t find any pop bumbers? What was the last pinball machine that was produced without pop bumbers?

#1683 6 years ago

Was not expecting to like this game but after seven single ball games (and watching probably 30 others), this game is the bell of the ball. Shoots very nice with some fun (tight but in a good way and some nice flow when you get orbits and combos going) shots but they feel good! Art is fantastic. Animations are really cool. The whole game feels more like adams meets monster bash in overall vibe. The Alice cooper angle really just feels more like the music to encapsulate the game rather than the other way around,which is great in my book and how music games should be done! Alos nice to have some spooky background music made just for the game! Really puts it together.

Great job charlie and crew!

The one x factor for me was the code as I don't care for some of the previous ideas on 'doing it different', but now with Bowen as head of code and rules oversight I have no concerns that this will be done right. Bowen has a great way of thinking about games and knows how to make things fun with good balance and risk v reward. this is was the code department was lacking till now.

All great things for team spooky. Looking forward to playing more ACNC at MGC and hope to get a few two or three ball games in. There so I can see a bit more in the code.

One last thing is build quality was obviously way better for TNA and ACNC (even as prototypes) appears to have continueed that positive trajectory.

#1684 6 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

There's no way it will go up in value long term. However good it is.

There are way too many machines coming onto the market. There will always be something new and interesting just around the corner.

#1685 6 years ago

I can understand people wanting to wait on this game before putting in a non refundable deposit but holding off b/c it went up 200? That will be spent in two seconds with the amount mods cost now. Don't get that.

Anyway I haven't played this game but after seeing it I get a old school Bally/Williams feel that is more MB, TAF than AC. In fact AC is what holds me back a little on this game as I'm not a big fan although enough not to be totally turned off like RZ. I LOVE how there is additional music besides AC which is my question - I haven't been able to hear the music or effects on it - how is the music and is it more non AC and then AC when you hit a mode?

#1686 6 years ago

I wish I had the ability to visualize what the final product will be. Other than the cool art and layout I didn’t quite see enough to want to pull the trigger site unseen on the 26th. TNA made the rounds long enough with the artless prototype were it made putting a deposit in easy just off the production announcement. Hearing that Iron Maiden is going to be announced soon might force me to hold off and wait before pulling the trigger.

#1687 6 years ago

The display graphics, artwork and sculpts for this game are the standouts for me. The shots flow well, which is surprising given how much there is to shoot at. I have fond memories of blasting my stepdad’s “School’s Out” album while shooting pool with friends. I hope I get the chance to own this game some day. I think this going to put a dent in MB remake sales.

#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

n fact AC is what holds me back a little on this game as I'm not a big fan although enough not to be totally turned off like RZ.

I agree, I am not much of an Alice Copper fan either, even though Alice Copper was the first concert I ever went to see when I was in High School. I just never really listened to him that much growing up but I still remember the concert where I have forgotten most of the others. I went back and listened to some of his songs on You Tube and I think I will like them in the game. I will probably put a deposit down without playing it because I think it looks that good. I have 3 games now that I want - AC, KingPin and JJ-POTC. I guess we will see what I can get....

#1689 6 years ago

I had high hopes for Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle. It looks pretty cool but I'm still on the fence and with all these companies now bringing new pins to the mix....Houdini, Kingpin remake, Chicago Gaming's upcoming release, a new pin from Stern (possibly Elvira 3 or Iron Maiden) and news that Brian Eddy has joined Stern(not sure if this is true or not) for a future release I'm just going to sit on the sidelines and see what else is coming soon. There is just so much in the pipeline I've gotta admit I'm a bit overwhelmed but excited to see what's ahead in the near future.

#1690 6 years ago

Did I miss the song release list for this game or is that not out yet

#1691 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did I miss the song release list for this game or is that not out yet

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/33#post-4286502

Mode: Frankenstein Song: Feed my Frankenstein
Mode: Cold Ethyl Song: Cold Ethyl
Mode: Igor Song: Lost in America
Mode: Vampire Song: Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever
Mode: Werewolf Song: No More Mister Nice Guy
Mode: Zombie Song: Brutal Planet
Mode: Insects Song: Its the little Things
Mode: Alice Song: ?(didnt hear him say what the song was)
Mode: Pit Creature Song: Go to Hell

Wizard Mode: Billion Dollar Babies

#1692 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/33#post-4286502
Mode: Frankenstein Song: Feed my Frankenstein
Mode: Cold Ethyl Song: Cold Ethyl
Mode: Igor Song: Lost in America
Mode: Vampire Song: Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever
Mode: Werewolf Song: No More Mister Nice Guy
Mode: Zombie Song: Brutal Planet
Mode: Insects Song: Its the little Things
Mode: Alice Song: ?(didnt hear him say what the song was)
Mode: Pit Creature Song: Go to Hell
Wizard Mode: Billion Dollar Babies

thanks! Tell me schools out for summer is in there!

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks! Tell me schools out for summer is in there!

Don’t think so. They said it’s not a greatest hits... the songs have to fit the story.

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Don’t think so. They said it’s not a greatest hits... the songs have to fit the story.

I'm not a Alice Cooper fan, but wouldn't 'Poison' be an obvious chioce, and fit in to the theme somehow? It's one of his most recognizable hits, isn't it?

#1695 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

I'm not a Alice Cooper fan, but wouldn't 'Poison' be an obvious chioce, and fit in to the theme somehow? It's one of his most recognizable hits, isn't it?

This is not a greatest hits pin, and that is not a favorite of mine anyway. All the modes are various monsters.

I believe Charlie said in his VERY short panel and in previous podcasts that there were 10 Alice songs and 6 originals recorded with Alice and Piggy-D (from Rob Zombies band).

#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Don't worry, i'm sure people will start selling their deposits for $1500 over buy in.

#1697 6 years ago

to many titles out there for this! Read the comment above this is what it's pertaining too!

#1698 6 years ago

This looks much better than I expected! I wish I could hear it better.. for me, going from good to great is going to be based on the call outs,music and lighting integration. Is this going to have the same sound system as tna? Because the audio on that game is incredible!

#1699 6 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

This looks much better than I expected! I wish I could hear it better.. for me, going from good to great is going to be based on the call outs,music and lighting integration. Is this going to have the same sound system as tna? Because the audio on that game is incredible!

Yeah Charlie said so on the seminar: Same audio system as TNA

#1700 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Don't worry, i'm sure people will start selling their deposits for $1500 over buy in.

Really?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.