20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 114.
#1452 6 years ago

Here's a few photos I took at the Wednesday night show in Madison. GREAT SHOW that needs to be seen while you still can! The pinball will be great too!!

IMG_2650 (resized).JPGIMG_2650 (resized).JPG
IMG_2678 (resized).JPGIMG_2678 (resized).JPG
IMG_2684 (resized).JPGIMG_2684 (resized).JPG

#1453 6 years ago

Man I didn't even know he still tours. Looks pretty good for his age

#1454 6 years ago

Let’s see these pics already take the sheets off

#1455 6 years ago

The first peak at animation is really good.

#1456 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Damn, if the code is good on this game, it might be a tough choice between Maiden and AC!

Just get both.

#1457 6 years ago

Not great photos, but looks really nice in person.

20180316_120751 (resized).jpg20180316_120751 (resized).jpg

20180316_120758 (resized).jpg20180316_120758 (resized).jpg

20180316_120754 (resized).jpg20180316_120754 (resized).jpg

#1458 6 years ago

Man, the artwork looks way better than I imagined. Just getting a Houdini but my next game will likely be a Spooky.

#1459 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

LE's suck. Just buy the game and add whatever "I have $ to burn" upgrades you want.
...and there's only 500 of them, so they are ALL LE's by definition.

Who said there are only 500?

I thought they are going to make them to demand.

So the answer is no.

What's the price? Is that still up in the air?

Animation looks great, like AS

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who said there are only 500?
I thought they are going to make them to demand.
So the answer is no.
What's the price? Is that still up in the air?
Animation looks great, like AS

Literally the first post in the thread. 500 @ $6250. There’s also a PinballStar ad directly below this post confirming $6250.

#1461 6 years ago

Looks great...every Spooky game gets better and better and I expect this will up the bar from Rob Zombie.

I think it is a shame it is not available for people to play on Friday night. The hardcore people are there on Friday night, it is a bit less crowded too. This game should be open and being played right now.

Why not let the game have maximum exposure and allow the most people to experience it?

#1462 6 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Literally the first post in the thread. 500 @ $6250. There’s also a PinballStar ad directly below this post confirming $6250.

Boom drop the mic.

I see it now. 500 is not "limited" in any way whatsoever, like every other pin manufacturer. I guess that's the point.

Still anxious to see what it looks like, sounds like, plays like.

Love the Spooky boys.

#1463 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Boom drop the mic.
I see it now. 500 is not "limited" in any way whatsoever, like every other pin manufacturer. I guess that's the point.
Still anxious to see what it looks like, sounds like, plays like.
Love the Spooky boys.

Not really...but if the rest of this game is a good as the cabinet artwork, it might feel pretty limited at the end of it all.

I think Spooky is going to be very busy with this and TNA.

#1464 6 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Not really...but if the rest of this game is a good as the cabinet artwork, it might feel pretty limited at the end of it all.
I think Spooky is going to be very busy with this and TNA.

Def not "limited" at all.

TNA is unlimited which is great.

You will always be able to buy one on secondary market for less.

IF the game play is much better than the artwork then i agree. At the end of the day, artwork is great and its awesome on this pin but it better play much more awesome. Like Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper is going to have a "limited" market.

#1465 6 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Looks great...every Spooky game gets better and better and I expect this will up the bar from Rob Zombie.
I think it is a shame it is not available for people to play on Friday night. The hardcore people are there on Friday night, it is a bit less crowded too. This game should be open and being played right now.
Why not let the game have maximum exposure and allow the most people to experience it?

Right on and then own the show tomorrow with cosmic chaos talk it up

#1466 6 years ago

what's in the box (resized).jpgwhat's in the box (resized).jpg

#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Boom drop the mic.
I see it now. 500 is not "limited" in any way whatsoever.

Hmm, The first Limited Edition pinball (that I know of) would be
1981-06 Black Knight Limited Edition Williams SS production 600 units.
500 sounds pretty limited to me.

#1468 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

500 is not "limited" in any way whatsoever

Well...it's limited to 500, no?

But I don't think they were specifically trying to make it a limited game. That's just what they can make in a reasonable amount of time.

#1469 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Well...it's limited to 500, no?
But I don't think they were specifically trying to make it a limited game. That's just what they can make in a reasonable amount of time.

Yep but, 500 of any kind is just not "limited".

They should have kept some kind of RZ like "LE" but that didn't work out that well either so I would think they should go "unlimited" or make as many as people would buy.

Why limit it to 500? Not limited.

#1470 6 years ago

They will stop at 500 machines. Limited.

#1471 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

They will stop at 500 machines. Limited.

NOT limited when they stop at 500. But whatever you think. It just means they will stop if they can sell that many and i doubt they can.

#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep but, 500 of any kind is just not "limited".

Maybe not "limited", but it IS limited. Limited is not the same thing as scarce.

#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Maybe not "limited", but it IS limited. Limited is not the same thing as scarce.

Ok but it really means NOTHING. Just like JJP saying 2500 of POTCLE's are "limited".

Agreed 500 will be made but there aren't 500 buyers to have an Alice Cooper pin long term no matter how it plays.

Look at RZ and AMH.

But for $6250, i'm interested.

If this is all Spooky can do theme wise then that's ok.

#1474 6 years ago

License terms are based off time, usually 2-3 years. Keep in mind the clock could start ticking when you sign the contract (thus dev time counts against you) or when games start to ship - depends on license.

What Chuck does is determine how many games he can make during that time and sets that as the limit. As his company grows so does the capacity, hence 150, 300, 500...

The reason TNA is unlimited is because it's unlicensed - nothing to renew.

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

NOT limited when they stop at 500. But whatever you think. It just means they will stop if they can sell that many and i doubt they can.

If they are only allowed to make 500, then that is a limit. They are limited to 500.

If the game looks as good as the cabinet, then I’ll be surprised if they don’t sell that many.

#1476 6 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

If they are only allowed to make 500, then that is a limit. They are limited to 500.
If the game looks as good as the cabinet, then I’ll be surprised if they don’t sell that many.

It's still "Alice Cooper". Like Rob Zombie its "limited" with respect to the number of potential buyers.

That simple.

If it plays like Metallica with Lyman code then here we go.

#1477 6 years ago

I agree, which is why I think it was brilliant to tie in the whole nightmare castle thing. That way it will appeal to many more than just AC fans.

#1478 6 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I agree, which is why I think it was brilliant to tie in the whole nightmare castle thing. That way it will appeal to many more than just AC fans.

Could be a home run! I'm anxious to see what it looks like.

#1479 6 years ago

The butter cab for ACNC is going to be THE “must have” add on.
It’s just SOoo damn sexy in person...

064C899C-5C05-4135-BCFF-EF0A1B348BB5 (resized).jpeg064C899C-5C05-4135-BCFF-EF0A1B348BB5 (resized).jpeg
Doh,
My pic sucks too.
The colors really do POP in person, much more than the standard decals.
Just like the already buttery TNA.

#1480 6 years ago

I love the cabinet art so far. I get a TFTC & EC Comics vibe. Can’t wait to play it!

#1481 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

The butter cab for ACNC is going to be THE “must have” add on.
It’s just SOoo damn sexy in person...

I'm sure it looks great, but no.

I don't get the appeal of an extra shiny cabinet that's just going to get slid between other games.

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I see it now. 500 is not "limited" in any way whatsoever, like every other pin manufacturer. I guess that's the point

Quoted from iceman44:

OT limited when they stop at 500. But whatever you think.

WTF Icey old mate!

Put down that drink!

The are only making 500 machines. That is the actual dictionary definition of the word “Limited”

limited [lim-i-tid]
- adjective
- confined within limits; restricted or circumscribed:
ie a limited space; limited resources.

In this case “limited production”

Don’t get that confused with the JJP/Stern definition of “limited” which really means “deluxe version” AKA “screw a few dollars more shit into a machine and sell it for $1000s more by creating an illusion of scarcity”.

rd

#1483 6 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I'm sure it looks great, but no.
I don't get the appeal of an extra shiny cabinet that's just going to get slid between other games.

Well, that’s an easy fix...
Just put it in the middle of the living room on a black turntable with dramatic uplighting all around it!
The butter demands it!
Boom! Problem solved!

#1484 6 years ago

This game has way more appeal than Alice Cooper, it's Waaaay more monster bash/elvira.

#1485 6 years ago

Can't wait for Jack to give us a view tomorrow. You think Alice will be there as part of reveal?

#1486 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Can't wait for Jack to give us a view tomorrow. You think Alice will be there as part of reveal?

If he is, there are going to be a lot of upset fans at his concert in North Carolina tonight.

#1487 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

WTF Icey old mate!
Put down that drink!
The are only making 500 machines. That is the actual dictionary definition of the word “Limited”
limited [lim-i-tid]
- adjective
- confined within limits; restricted or circumscribed:
ie a limited space; limited resources.
In this case “limited production”
Don’t get that confused with the JJP/Stern definition of “limited” which really means “deluxe version” AKA “screw a few dollars more shit into a machine and sell it for $1000s more by creating an illusion of scarcity”.
rd

I guess he is confusing it with Limited Edition, easy enough to do since almost everything is an LE these days!

#1488 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, that’s an easy fix...
Just put it in the middle of the living room on a black turntable with dramatic uplighting all around it!
Boom! Problem solved!

Doesn’t it cost 1,000 extra for that clear coated cabinet? I’d rather get a nice EM or early SS game. Haha

#1489 6 years ago

Can't wait to see what Spooky cooked up today! I know someone else asked, but is anyone live streaming the reveal?!

Is PinballStar the only Spooky distributor? Love Joe and PinballStar, but I'd rather order out of state to cut the tax.

If the game is as good as the art we've seen so far, I'll be putting a deposit down ASAP.

#1490 6 years ago

The butter cabinet is an extra $1000, which is surprisingly very little markup over the actual costs. It's stunning, but certainly not for everyone. There are guys that spend way more on high end restorations.

#1491 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Can't wait to see what Spooky cooked up today! I know someone else asked, but is anyone live streaming the reveal?!
Is PinballStar the only Spooky distributor? Love Joe and PinballStar, but I'd rather order out of state to cut the tax.
If the game is as good as the art we've seen so far, I'll be putting a deposit down ASAP.

Can someone put a link in this thread if there is any kind of live reveal?

#1492 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can someone put a link in this thread if there is any kind of live reveal?

https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar

#1493 6 years ago

Wow, really waiting to debut today?

#1494 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d rather get a nice EM or early SS game. Haha

That’s usually my go-to response as well, and was indeed what I did for TNA. But after seeing BOTH butter cabs in person here at TPF I was like:
Bryan Kelly is fu<king right!!!
I like butter!
Butter IS better!

Edit:
If Charlie could bridge the gap and do his take on a JJP style Rad-Cal as a possible third option (just so it keeps the color saturation/intensity/depth intact and is replaceable,) then I’d probably go that route but, for what Spooky is currently offering, the butter cab in my eyes is now worth every penny.
Especially on ACNC.

#1495 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

KingPinGames is who you need to hook up with. Chris is a good guy!

#1496 6 years ago

artwork on the machine is beautiful. I'm not an Alice Cooper fan but its lovely.

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

You think Alice will be there as part of reveal?

Quoted from lpeters82:

If he is, there are going to be a lot of upset fans at his concert in North Carolina tonight.

Maybe they will do a skype video conference with Alice at the 4pm seminar? That could be the reason to hold off showing anything until today if they want Alice to be part of it.

#1498 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

kingpingames is who you need to hook up with. Chris is a good guy!

Yes Kingpingames is the man to talk too. You won’t be disappointed.

#1499 6 years ago

Where are the leaked pics of the whole game? Thought some might have come out last night at TPF.

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Where are the leaked pics of the whole game? Thought some might have come out last night at TPF.

Zero. Spooky is doing a tremendous job by holding everyone hostage until 4pm today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.