Topic Stats

• 5,637 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 151 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 824 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190711_134756 (resized).jpg
20190706_012838 (resized).jpg
20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
20190712_214005 (resized).jpg
20190712_213952 (resized).jpg
20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg
ACNC PST (resized).jpg
ACNC_Ball_Trap (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).jpg
20190601_212101 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 113.
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like the pancake machine has a ramp in it.

Sadly, the pancake machine needs a ramp to make it fun. TNA is a prime example of a machine that does not need a ramp to make it fun.

AC will have a ramp....and much more.

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

AC will have a ramp....and much more.

Spill the beans on the game Old man! We are all impatiently awaiting more details

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Now, back to Alice! Just a shame I can’t make TPF this year to check it out.

Mate have you check prices lately on United or Air New Zealand. Some crazy prices right now Hate for you to miss Alice!

#1204 1 year ago

I was ready to bail on Pinside forever... then Bryan leaked the pancake picture.

How dare you sir! A ramp would ruin the flow of the pancake to the plate. You clearly are a dip s**t who knows nothing about pancake machines. Bro, do you even pancake?!

I love pancakes far more than you... that's how I know a good one when I see it. You should go back to eating your lame a** waffles old dude.

And don't even get me started on those arse hats with the blueberries in the mix.

#1205 1 year ago

going to be at TPF looking forward to playing ACNC - one thing that would be cool in your building of machines, perhaps too late for this model, would be to include HDMI out (even better with sound too) and/or 3.5mm headphone jack - more and more live streamed events and streamers.

#1206 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

going to be at TPF looking forward to playing ACNC - one thing that would be cool in your building of machines, perhaps too late for this model, would be to include HDMI out (even better with sound too) and/or 3.5mm headphone jack - more and more live streamed events and streamers.

TNA currently has HDMI out from the PC that can be split. It contains the HD display data along with high quality sound output as well, but if you prefer, you can split the audio going to the amp using the 3.5mm jack. The streamers are currently using this in their streams! It is pretty cool. In fact, I think Owlnonymous is going to do an HD stream tonight.

https://www.twitch.tv/owlnonymous

--Scott

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

REV8 won't be able to do HDMI out but you can split the audio with a 3.5MM headphone splitter. In the future I would like to have HDMI as a kind of backup on the board. Then you can easily split that to another screen or use any kind of screen that you want to. Maybe we can get OLEDs that are 15"

#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I was ready to bail on Pinside forever... then Bryan leaked the pancake picture.
How dare you sir! A ramp would ruin the flow of the pancake to the plate. You clearly are a dip s**t who knows nothing about pancake machines. Bro, do you even pancake?!
I love pancakes far more than you... that's how I know a good one when I see it. You should go back to eating your lame a** waffles old dude.
And don't even get me started on those arse hats with the blueberries in the mix.

Take it to the pancake forum Charlie, you're supposed to be talking about Spooky Stuff. Next thing the waffle guys will chime in.

I have to admit I have played the waffle iron on numerous occasions myself though. Never have played the pancake machine - I'm old school that way and have only operated a single pan on 1 burner - home environment - never did pancakes on location, though I suppose it could be fun.

#1209 1 year ago

Waffles are just far superior to pancakes, they have built in syrup wells which as we all know blow pancakes away. No matter how many ramps you add to your pancakes they're still just crappy pancakes!

All you pancake fanbois are just blind!

Can't wait to play ACNC!

#1210 1 year ago

Can't wait to play ACNC too . . . the pancake feature (presumably in the kitchen of the castle) looks awesome. What will Spooky think of next?

#1211 1 year ago

looking forward to see what ACNC has going on, looks cool.

Oh, and you all got it all wrong, french toast is where it's at.

#1212 1 year ago

You need to get some sleep.

#1213 1 year ago

The size of pancakes coming out of that machine is above average for a pancake making machine.

This will be the best feature since that coin rolling out of Safe cracker!

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

The size of pancakes coming out of that machine is above average for a pancake making machine.

Just did some research and learned something more... if you press the button more than once, YOU GET MULTIPLE PANCAKES!!! As in, they just come out 1 after the other.

I'm going back to the Holiday Inn first thing in the morning. 2 hour drive, but totally worth it.

And Bryan Kelly thought his cheese pump was awesome. This might be the best thing since the Flavorwave!!!

#1215 1 year ago

Just did some research and learned something more... if you press the button more than once, YOU GET MULTIPLE PANCAKES!!! As in, they just come out 1 after the other.
I'm going back to the Holiday Inn first thing in the morning. 2 hour drive, but totally worth it.
And Bryan Kelly thought his cheese pump was awesome. This might be the best thing since the Flavorwave!!!

Bryan Kelly doesn't know the difference between a pancake, panhead, or panhandle. Now take a moment to think about that...

Brad

#1216 1 year ago

FB_IMG_1501234256562 (resized).jpg

#1217 1 year ago

I'm looking forward to see the final product. It looks like they knocked 1 thing out of the park already (at least for myself) the display. and yes I'm basing this off of a screen cap. Either way, it shows each players score displayed in a respective corner (hopefully without jumping around or disappearing randomly, I understand that might happen to avoid screen damage) current location in the game, Ball, decent looking graphics/animations, and instructions for the player... and not 50,000 other things cluttering up the only info I need...

Dialed in aside, other JJP games have information overload on screen which is overwhelming for a new/casual player. I haven't spent much time on Aerosmith but the few times I have the LCD seems to be a jumbled mess.

Screen-Shot-2018-01-22-at-3.53.23-PM (resized).png

#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from Aphex:

it shows each players score displayed in a respective corner (hopefully without jumping around or disappearing randomly, I understand that might happen to avoid screen damage) current location in the game

Is screen burn-in really an issue on LCD though? I know that was a problem with CRT (because a laser is firing in the same spot over and over, wearing out the film inside the tube), but restaurants everywhere are switching to LCD to display their menus now (which are on everyday for 12-16 hours a day) and I've yet to see one that has burn-in. There's probably a reason you don't see flying toaster screen saver software anymore.

My guess is even if that were an issue, an LCD is pretty cheap to replace. I'm going to guess a VERY common LCD module was chosen that won't be obsoleted for a long time.

#1219 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Is screen burn-in really an issue on LCD though? I know that was a problem with CRT (because a laser is firing in the same spot over and over, wearing out the film inside the tube), but restaurants everywhere are switching to LCD to display their menus now (which are on everyday for 12-16 hours a day) and I've yet to see one that has burn-in. There's probably a reason you don't see flying toaster screen saver software anymore.
My guess is even if that were an issue, an LCD is pretty cheap to replace. I'm going to guess a VERY common LCD module was chosen that won't be obsoleted for a long time.

yes true, if you notice those menu's constantly cycle and move around though. It was to my understanding that static graphics will still damage the screen as long as they are constantly there. example the CNN bug (lower corner graphic)

Emerson-McDonalds_CNN_Burn-In-5692ad0d3df78cafda81df58 (resized).jpg

#1220 1 year ago

All these pancake hints just signal to me that there is a secret wizard mode in ACNC.

Complete the Nightmare Castle and enter Alice Coopers Pancake House !

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from Aphex:

yes true, if you notice those menu's constantly cycle and move around though. It was to my understanding that static graphics will still damage the screen as long as they are constantly there. example the CNN bug (lower corner graphic)

Some menus do cycle (like mcdonalds), the ma-n-pa restaurant by me is completely static (though I suppose since the menu never changes, how would I know if there was burn-in). I'm guessing you got that image from this link?
https://www.lifewire.com/lcd-image-persistence-833037

Talks about "image persistence" versus burn-in. Also says you would have to have the same image for a VERY long time (I'm guessing that monitor is in an airport, playing CNN 24/7). It also says in most cases this is reversible if you let a solid white image play for a while. Also, scores are never static, they are always changing (the background might stay the same), but you also aren't going to be in a game for 24/7, eventually your game ends and it goes back to attract mode which will likely be animation similar to TNA.

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Some menus do cycle (like mcdonalds), the ma-n-pa restaurant by me is completely static (though I suppose since the menu never changes, how would I know if there was burn-in). I'm guessing you got that image from this link?
https://www.lifewire.com/lcd-image-persistence-833037
Talks about "image persistence" versus burn-in. Also says you would have to have the same image for a VERY long time (I'm guessing that monitor is in an airport, playing CNN 24/7). It also says in most cases this is reversible if you let a solid white image play for a while. Also, scores are never static, they are always changing (the background might stay the same), but you also aren't going to be in a game for 24/7, eventually your game ends and it goes back to attract mode which will likely be animation similar to TNA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_burn-in

same image though. the caption there says it was in a Mcdonalds w/ CNN on 24/7. good point though you can't play that game for that long. I'm reading around and learning that there are software solutions to remedy the burn in (image persistence) problem too. Really looking forward to seeing the full game.

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I hope they bring more than 2 machines!
Less lines = more play = more orders! (easier said than done i know)

Unlike RZ, they will not be taking orders for Alice Cooper at TPF...So, I've been told.

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Unlike RZ, they will not be taking orders for Alice Cooper at TPF...So, I've been told.

I was more referring to just more people playing it and getting a feel for the game. I have no idea how busy TPF is and how long the lines are for machines but there does seem to be a lot of people going this year!

#1226 1 year ago

That display looks AWESOME!

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from robertmee:

while that is mostly true, you can call your local distributor (Spooky, KingPin Games, Pinball Star, Rob Anthony, Rotordave (sorry rob and dave, I do not know your business names)) and ask about being put on their list.

#1228 1 year ago
Quoted from Aphex:

I'm looking forward to see the final product. It looks like they knocked 1 thing out of the park already (at least for myself) the display. and yes I'm basing this off of a screen cap. Either way, it shows each players score displayed in a respective corner (hopefully without jumping around or disappearing randomly, I understand that might happen to avoid screen damage) current location in the game, Ball, decent looking graphics/animations, and instructions for the player... and not 50,000 other things cluttering up the only info I need...
Dialed in aside, other JJP games have information overload on screen which is overwhelming for a new/casual player. I haven't spent much time on Aerosmith but the few times I have the LCD seems to be a jumbled mess.

The large font and high contrast for the score display is certainly a step in the right direction. However, we all know that scores should really live in dedicated score displays in the BG, ala TNA.

#1229 1 year ago

FB_IMG_1501318540150 (resized).jpg

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

1. The system has a different processor that handles the in-game elements like hardware, game rules, etc. The AV is handled by a separate processor so that calling animations won't affect other processes. The flipper control is based on an interrupt so the timing is fairly exact provided that the software engineer doesn't consume most of the IRQ space.
TNA's flipper response timing matches those of WPC games since all of the slings, the pop bumper and flipper switches are handled by the FPGA on the P3-ROC board and not the host running all of the game code.

Are the CGC remakes interupt based? I know they claim otherwise, but there was considerable latency on an AFMr I played the other day.

Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

REV8 won't be able to do HDMI out but you can split the audio with a 3.5MM headphone splitter. In the future I would like to have HDMI as a kind of backup on the board. Then you can easily split that to another screen or use any kind of screen that you want to. Maybe we can get OLEDs that are 15"

Maybe not OLEDs, but microLED almost certainly. Unlike OLED, the Chinese will be all over that relatively quickly.

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Are the CGC remakes interupt based? I know they claim otherwise, but there was considerable latency on an AFMr I played the other day.

They are not based on a hardware interrupt per-se. They emulate the initial WPC software and re-map the I/O out to their own driver board system. If that driver board system isn't handling any of the flipper switch rules locally, then you'll see increased latency caused by the round trip time from the switch to the host (beaglebone system), and then back through the driver system to the coil.

#1232 1 year ago

On pinHeck8 the microcontroller is "still in charge" Linux doesn't make any game decisions.

So you'll have the same 1ms response time as all other pinHeck titles.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

On pinHeck8 the microcontroller is "still in charge" Linux doesn't make any game decisions.

As science intended! Nothing like riding the bare-metal baby! Enough of this 6 layers of emulated abstraction between my flipper buttons and the ball. I'm just that fast! ...at least that's what my wife tells me.

#1234 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Best way to do it! Hardware flipper processing for life!

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm just that fast! ...at least that's what my wife tells me.

"That fast" or "too fast"?

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from spoke:

"That fast" or "too fast"?

...better not to ask for potentially embarrassing clarifications.

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

We need to work on getting that response time down to about .5ms

#1238 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We need to work on getting that response time down to about .5ms

But 1000Hz is such a nice round number.

#1239 1 year ago

Hope it has several call outs by Alice Cooper himself in the game

#1240 1 year ago

Maybe they could get him to do “Ah boolie boolie booh”

#1241 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I still want to hear this short soundbyte when pressing the start button (wishful thinking probably):

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Have a listen to the latest pinball profile with Jeff Teolis!
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-104-charlie-emery-of-spooky-pinball_122103

Mr. Cooper got handed 47 pages of speech. So yes he is going to be saying custom stuff!

#1243 1 year ago

Will Alice be at Allentown?

#1244 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-104-charlie-emery-of-spooky-pinball_122103
Mr. Cooper got handed 47 pages of speech. So yes he is going to be saying custom stuff!

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate the honesty that Charlie provides. Things like "I'm never not nervous" and the tone are very genuine and I think goes a long way with public perception.

#1245 1 year ago

Audio DAC boards arrived. This will be embedded on the Pinheck REV8 but I made a separate breakout to try several different iterations of component selection and layout ideas quickly.

MVIMG_20180131_145950 (resized).jpg

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hells bells good to know. I met him twice in AZ and always cool and nice, I asked him about his tour with the Scorpions one of my favorites they did back in the day.

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I sure hope so!

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have an empty vehicle and could bring one down...

I plan to be full on the way back however.

Someone convince Chuck and I can transport down to leave with pinballstar or someone else?

#1249 1 year ago

Just checked...he's performing in Indy at the end of March. I've always wanted to see him, and I think it's time!

#1250 1 year ago

FB_IMG_1517295143641 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Pflugerville, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 113.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside