20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 114.
#951 6 years ago

Looks cool! I guess no info yet, so I’ll sit on my hands until the reveal.

#952 6 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

Pretty slick. Anyone know the artist?

Jeff Zornow

#953 6 years ago

Not an AC fan either, but wow, that art looks sic! Looking forward to the game’s full reveal.... after I get my TNA of course.

#955 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Wondered when that would get noticed!
Soooo much goodness coming from this game. People can speculate all they want about an "Alice Cooper" game and what that means, but ... wait until you see & play it!
All I'm saying for now. Have fun people!

Dana, said I should donate some blood to you to get a early game! Hello from Nebraska!

John - Magicchiz

#956 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

images from the Sept/October issue of the Rue Morgue Magazine.
Magicchiz

Hey Bro,

could you provide a picture of the whole article. Super excited to read whazzup.

Thx!

#957 6 years ago

Well that artwork just looks SICK! Not an Alice fan but this thing is looking awesome

#958 6 years ago

I’m really interested, but I’m waiting to see how similar this would be to RZ. I have a small collection, and I can only have so many demons and skeletons in the game room.

I’m hoping it’s more akin to a light hearted spooky adventure, i.e. EATPM with AC music. From the art, it doesn’t look as serious as RZ (not a bad thing).

Looking forward to the full reveal.

#959 6 years ago

https://express.yudu.com/item/details/3928522/A-Century-of-Witches

You can buy a digital issue here for $3.06.

Or go get one for $10 at your local bookstore.

It is the Sept - October Issue #178

Magicchiz

#960 6 years ago

I'm really needing a job that pays me a ridiculous salary or a winning lottery ticket because sooooooo many cool pins are coming out and I want them all!

#961 6 years ago

REV8_EOTL (resized).pngREV8_EOTL (resized).png

#962 6 years ago

Who is designing this game?

#963 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Not an AC fan either, but wow, that art looks sic! Looking forward to the game’s full reveal.... after I get my TNA of course.

I always seem to be the youngest guy at one of his concerts (32 now), but I don't know how anyone could leave and not be a fan. First saw him as an opener to the Black Sabbath reunion with Dio (Heaven and Hell) and my jaw dropped. I already liked Alice Cooper's music before that, but seeing him live put it over the top and led me toward seeing him live many more times (and reading his book :p). Always left in awe.

I see a lot of people complain about this theme (I know japespin isn't complaining), but I can't think of many music related themes that would top Alice for me. Will go well with this acoustic of mine :p (converted an online image for my vinyl plotter).

Alicegit (resized).jpgAlicegit (resized).jpg

#964 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Watch this video, fast forward to 30 seconds in and tell me this wouldn't be a killer series of sounds to start and play ball 1 to... Beetlejuice would do well sales wise and like other title ideas thrown out here, the possibilities of a fun game are there, not to mention a black and white striped pin would stand out in a crowd. You could have a small upper PF with the miniature house and weird graveyard to play with, even a seance mode and dinner party mode to name a few off the top. This all fits within the signature Spooky genre of games they make (not counting domino's).
» YouTube video
Harry Belefonte "Shake Shake Shake Senora" and the "Banana Boat Song (Day-O)" songs would be amazing as you start multi-balls, if they could secure the publishing and master recordings, or at the very least the mechanical license to recreate and distribute the songs themselves.
Also, the rumors of Beetlejuice 2 continue to stick around, so it's not a dead franchise by any means and Tim Burton himself has recently admitted that he's keen to the idea and is simply waiting for the right time with the right people (michael keaton, wynona, etc.). Not saying that affects this pin release in any way, but it will definitely help pump life in the "Beetlejuice anything" market whenever it goes down, both for Spooky and the buyers if and when it happens. http://time.com/4325002/tim-burton-beetlejuice-2-rumors/
But more importantly, the game would look and play great, and strike a late 80's nostalgia nerve with the buying demographic. I'm not a Spooky owner, yet, but I am a fan of their work.

That lead-in crescendo idea would be basically perfect.

#965 6 years ago

Just listened to the latest Spooky podcast. Sounds like Alice Cooper will be the guide through the Nightmare Castle, and you have to defeat the monsters in order to earn songs. Sounds like EATPM to me, and that’s a good thing.

I think there was a sneak peak of the music, but no description or explanation. If the sample *was* from AC, it was good. Kind of a Scooby Doo vibe.

#966 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just listened to the latest Spooky podcast. Sounds like Alice Cooper will be the guide through the Nightmare Castle, and you have to defeat the monsters in order to earn songs. Sounds like EATPM to me, and that’s a good thing.
I think there was a sneak peak of the music, but no description or explanation. If the sample *was* from AC, it was good. Kind of a Scooby Doo vibe.

Exact quote from Charlie on the podcast: “We wanted to do something different with the Alice Cooper game. Typically a music rock themed pinball machine is all about that artist, and you’re starting as a roadie and you work your way up to manager and you’re starting the songs. We wanted this to be something completely unique. The premise is – as you’re going into Alice’s castle, you’re battling all the monsters that live there and Alice is the overlord so-to-speak, directing them to attack you. And all the Alice songs have to be earned which is unique in a music theme.“

#967 6 years ago

Here’s the podcast synopsis:

“Matt is the bassist in Rob Zombie’s band, and also handles guitar and vocals with Ash Costello in our favorite spooky Halloween Party Monster band, The Haxans! Matt is also the composer of lots of new music you’ll get to hear soon in the Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle game, so we’ll talk pinball with him and we’ll even give you a sneak listen of this fantastic new music on this months show.”

Spooky plays a lot of music during their podcasts, and after the interview, they played some Scooby Doo type music. There wasn’t any clue if it was from AC, so I’m curious if that was the sneak listen.

#968 6 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this game!! Sorry if I missed it, but have they formally announced when they are going to unveil it?

#969 6 years ago

Not yet. Probably at the Pinball Life open house coming up soon

#970 6 years ago

The theme is interesting to me.

#971 6 years ago

Not at Pinball Life open house either. That party will be the public release of TNA. You have a few more months before seeing Alice.

Quoted from travisbmartin:

Not yet. Probably at the Pinball Life open house coming up soon

3 weeks later
#972 6 years ago

Just saw Alice Cooper for the first time in concert last night. Did not disappoint! Cannot wait for the full reveal of this pinball machine now.

#973 6 years ago

Graphics looks great so far, hope its not a 75 % reskin of RZ.
TNA looks great,i like the build quality and hope their next game ACNC steps up to a higher level than RZ.

#974 6 years ago

Ben Heck did an interview on KPP, and revealed a few new things about the machine:

There are nine monsters to battle

You traverse the castle to get to the monsters

Along the way you collect items or skills

You can take different paths and select what monster you want to fight, you can select how you get to the monster

There are different rooms in the castle, all the rooms have different items in them

Get to the monsters to hear the songs in the game

Ben is trying to make a very deep ruleset

Ben is writing custom speech for Alice Cooper

http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-details-alice-cooper-pin-homepin-vs-ben-heck-new-tournament/

#975 6 years ago

Wow! I like the take your own path approach and deciding which rooms to pick...can't wait.

#977 6 years ago

Game with be at TPF according to a Spooky Fb post.

#978 6 years ago

when I was there just over a year ago, wasn't exactly busy for a weekday lunch.. Can't speak for the dinner crowd. The pins were in decent shape, but it was a pain to get change from the gift desk to play (only one machine with a dollar bill acceptor). Anyone going to the ballpark nearby can just eat at Chili's inside the park (which has window seating into the park). I think it was just a bad location, would be nice if he re-opened somewhere else.

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

when I was there just over a year ago, wasn't exactly busy for a weekday lunch.

I noticed the same thing when I visited there for lunch about six years ago.

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Ben Heck did an interview on KPP, and revealed a few new things about the machine:
You can take different paths and select what monster you want to fight, you can select how you get to the monster
There are different rooms in the castle, all the rooms have different items in them
Get to the monsters to hear the songs in the game
Ben is trying to make a very deep ruleset
Ben is writing custom speech for Alice Cooper
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-details-alice-cooper-pin-homepin-vs-ben-heck-new-tournament/

Sounds great, Mmmm a castle with rooms where have i seen this before

#981 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Game with be at TPF according to a Spooky Fb post.

Is that when the official unveiling is set for? If so, they should probably update their website since it still says they are showing the game "this fall" and shipping "fall/winter 2017".

#982 6 years ago

I’m interested, and the timing is right.

If they unveil at TPF, I’m split between AC or a new/used Stern. The AC theme & mode integration is right up my alley... I love spooky, mode based games. Still waiting to see how GOTG shakes out.

#983 6 years ago

They weren't specific regarding if it was the unveiling or not; they simply said to come and play TNA and ACNC at TPF with some other stuff in there.

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m interested, and the timing is right.
If they unveil at TPF, I’m split between AC or a new/used Stern. The AC theme & mode integration is right up my alley... I love spooky, mode based games. Still waiting to see how GOTG shakes out.

I agree with you. If AC looks good (and I know Spooky really wants to knock it out of the ballpark with this one) it may prompt me to sell my Twilight Zone (one of longest games in my collection) to pick it up...

#985 6 years ago

So is Ben doing the code for ACNC or just helping out? Previously, I had heard that his next game would be the game after ACNC.

#986 6 years ago

Mystery castle 2.0

#987 6 years ago

I've got the code.

Just have one more mode to get in, then its fine tuning, bugs and the details.

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I've got the code.

The way ben talked about it seems like he was doing he code is he assisting with it?

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

The way ben talked about it seems like he was doing he code is he assisting with it?

He came up with the room exploration rules, scripts and art direction. I have the fun part of taking whats in his head and putting it to code

#990 6 years ago

The rules sound cool and I think it's a great idea to have to earn the songs. Very cool.
What does the REV 8 pinheck board add to this game? I imagine there are some improvements from REV 7? Maybe higher display resolution?

#991 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I've got the code.

Hope this doesn't delay RZ code from being finalized, especially a working infection mode. We're a year removed from RZ being released, and while v20/21 was leaps and bounds above the early releases, there is still work to do.

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The rules sound cool and I think it's a great idea to have to earn the songs. Very cool.
What does the REV 8 pinheck board add to this game? I imagine there are some improvements from REV 7? Maybe higher display resolution?

Per the Pinheck wiki the new A/V Kernel supports a 128x64 "double high" display. As far as the actual rev. 8 board, maybe benheck or LonghornEngineer can share some teaser details.

http://www.benheck.com/pinHeck_wiki/index.php/pinHeck_A/V_Kernel_3

Quoted from robertmee:

Hope this doesn't delay RZ code from being finalized, especially a working infection mode. We're a year removed from RZ being released, and while v20/21 was leaps and bounds above the early releases, there is still work to do.

He has already committed to making great RZ code and has been working at a good pace IMO. Don't rush the talent!

2 months later
#993 6 years ago

Any updates on AC ?
Im glad TNA has been so well received and is a success. I'm sure it will keep spooky pinball busy for quite some time. I already own AMH and RZ, just waiting to pull the trigger on TNA until after the AC reveal.

#994 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Any updates on AC ?
Im glad TNA has been so well received and is a success. I'm sure it will keep spooky pinball busy for quite some time. I already own AMH and RZ, just waiting to pull the trigger on TNA until after the AC reveal.

Given that they're flat out with TNA, I'd guess they'll now wait until TPF to fully reveal Alice Cooper.

If demand doesn't taper for TNA, they might need to increase the size of the facility a bit too.

#995 6 years ago

Interesting peek?

9D006CC5-E8F2-45CB-BB7B-72088CFDEEB2 (resized).jpeg9D006CC5-E8F2-45CB-BB7B-72088CFDEEB2 (resized).jpeg

#996 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

it was bigfoot in the conservatory with the wrench.

or was it the pinhead in the lounge with the plunger.

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Interesting peek?

It sure appears that a ball could come out of that skulls mouth.

I can not wait!!!!
Magicchiz

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I think it looks too small for that. Definitely can't wait to find out.

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Yes! Why else would it be that wide open!

#1000 6 years ago

Maybe a pinball gets stuck and acts as a ball gag?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
$ 300.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/20?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.