20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 114.
#851 7 years ago

Those early albums are all good, but every song on Killer is great. Including this one.

#852 7 years ago

When Go To Hell came out I scored a promotional item from the local record store. It hung from the ceiling in the middle of my bedroom by a string. It was truly the topper of a well decorated room. It was Alice walking down the stairs with a shit eating grin on his face.. Wish I still had it.

#853 7 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

I love Hello Hooray as the album opener.
I am partial to Love it To Death and think that the last 3 songs, Second Coming, Ballad of Dwight Fry, and Sun Arise are the best 3 to hear back to back to back ever.

Hello Hooray is a great concert opener too. He opened with it on the Motley Crue tour a year ago, and while he didn't do the entire song, it was so magical to hear it in its glory.

Fry is on another level. There is a reason why it has been in his set for his entire career. Knowing who Fry was, I never understood WHERE it came from as the actor didn't seem to be that screwed up. Alice hung out with the legends....Lennon, Morrison, Dali, Groucho Marx, Mae West, Andy Warhol...all those are dead and gone. He's one of the last links to a dead world.

#854 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those early albums are all good, but every song on Killer is great. Including this one.
» YouTube video

This is my fav off Killer, and obviously about Morrison. Good track.

#855 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When Go To Hell came out I scored a promotional item from the local record store. It hung from the ceiling in the middle of my bedroom by a string. It was truly the topper of a well decorated room. It was Alice walking down the stairs with a shit eating grin on his face.. Wish I still had it.
» YouTube video

That was probably the back of the album cover off of Goes To Hell....which is a great album on it's own. Yes it's bloated and a product of it's time, but several songs like Wake me Gently and I'm Going Home are exceptional. Wake me Gently has a great Wagner solo and Alice pulls a mini Fry at the end.

I've been a big Alice fan for many many years and it shows. The great thing about Alice is besides the handfull of "hits" that everyone knows, he has a treasure chest of great compositions.

#856 7 years ago

vincent price alice cooper (resized).jpgvincent price alice cooper (resized).jpg

#857 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That was probably the back of the album cover off of Goes To Hell....which is a great album on it's own.

I think it was but in 3-d.

Quoted from Methos:

This is my fav off Killer, and obviously about Morrison. Good track.

I read somewhere Desperado was written about Robert Vaughn's character in Magnificent Seven.

#859 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I read somewhere Desperado was written about Robert Vaughn's character in Magnificent Seven.

Alice stated in one of his live albums that it was written for Morrison.

#860 7 years ago

Good to know. Can't remember where I read it had something to do with Vaughn. Great song just the same.

#861 7 years ago

Mixed feelings about this one....like the cartoon artwork and nightmare theme...If the P/F is solid, will be spooky #3...But theme alone isn't selling this one for me.

#862 7 years ago

No love for the Special Forces album? You Look good In Rags is one of my favorites.

#863 7 years ago

Alice Cooper - Because:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x306eks

Fun fact: 3 of the kids in that video became the first people to ever wear a Ditto Head t-shirt.

#864 7 years ago

Have they announced when the full reveal will be?

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Have they announced when the full reveal will be?

no.

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Hello Hooray is a great concert opener too. He opened with it on the Motley Crue tour a year ago, and while he didn't do the entire song, it was so magical to hear it in its glory.
Fry is on another level. There is a reason why it has been in his set for his entire career. Knowing who Fry was, I never understood WHERE it came from as the actor didn't seem to be that screwed up. Alice hung out with the legends....Lennon, Morrison, Dali, Groucho Marx, Mae West, Andy Warhol...all those are dead and gone. He's one of the last links to a dead world.

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread that Alice performed the studio version of Ballad of Dwight Fry[e] in a real, honest-to-god straitjacket, so when he's saying "I gotta get out of here!" - he MEANT it! There's (after-the-fact, I think) video of it in "Super Duper Alice Cooper"

#867 7 years ago

That picture of Vincent Price and Alice is one of my favorite things in the world, ever.

#868 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That picture of Vincent Price and Alice is one of my favorite things in the world, ever.

Alice was pretty F'd up during that period, basically he was drunk 24/7.... although not as bad as during this period.

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Alice was pretty F'd up during that period, basically he was drunk 24/7.... although not as bad as during this period.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Yeah that crazy ass interview is shocking every time I see it. He was doing cocaine then, IIRC. I heard him on the Jericho podcast a few months ago - great, GREAT interview, and he goes into it in quite a lot of detail. His manager, Shep Gordon, basically told him 'clean up or we're done' and his wife did the same, at the same time. Apparently he went to either rehab or a mental hospital and got cleaned up.

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah that crazy ass interview is shocking every time I see it. He was doing cocaine then, IIRC. I heard him on the Jericho podcast a few months ago - great, GREAT interview, and he goes into it in quite a lot of detail. His manager, Shep Gordon, basically told him 'clean up or we're done' and his wife did the same, at the same time. Apparently he went to either rehab or a mental hospital and got cleaned up.

It's somewhat difficult to piece those events together anymore. He started crack with Bernie back in 79 or so, and continued that way until 83. Dick Wagner, before he passed away, gave a great podcast interview where he sheds some light on the recording of DADA. He says Alice was drinking again and never coherent during that time. Alice has said that he had real blood coming out from his eyes sometime in 82/83 and then went back down to AZ where he was hospitalized for a few months. The crack cocaine use only came out the last few years with the Super Duper doc. We always thought he was just drinking again very hard.

Wagner had to go bring him from AZ to Toronto to record DADA, where they spent a few months with a coked up Bob Ezrin. After DADA, Cooper went back home. The next we see of him is during the filming of Monster Dog, which was early in 84. He looks pretty good in the film, so that must have been after he cleaned up. He started to write/record Constrictor around this time, and the rest is history.

Many of his die hard fans love the material that he doesn't remember writing/recording - Flush the Fashion to the two songs of Monster Dog. With Constrictor, he went back to harder rock and never looked up. I miss the old vaudeville material. He sneaks it in once in a while (Pretty Ballerina, What Baby Wants) but he's chosen to stick with the same old formula all of this years.

#871 7 years ago

Have these gone on pre-sale yet?

#872 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have these gone on pre-sale yet?

No, not till the whole machine is revealed, then deposits will be taken, 1K, with and expected completion date of the first machines this summer.

#873 7 years ago

At least that was what I was told if I remember correctly.

#874 7 years ago

This summer? Are you in Australia? I thought I'd heard end of the year at earliest.

#875 7 years ago

If summer was the target, I'd have thought they'd have revealed it at TPF.

Surely if the machine was ready to be shown, they'd definitely have done so at TPF .. if it's not ready to be shown, and I doubt they have complex back and forth on licensing approvals with Alice, then surely summer is very unlikely.

#876 7 years ago

Look for an expo (Oct 2017) reveal not before.

#877 7 years ago

Guys they were just showing off the design and taking suggestions from some of the guys from Chicago on FB. August time frame gives them 4 months. I think it could be done, but once again I could be wrong as I said. It could be that it would be revealed this summer and that is when they would start taking deposits.

I didn't record the conversation, but I guess I should have so you all would have the words coming out of Charlie's mouth.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Look for an expo (Oct 2017) reveal not before.

I am certain we will see it before Expo '17

#878 7 years ago

I like the fact that they are doing a licensed theme, but adding more to it (i.e Nightmare Castle). RZ encompassed the music, movies and more. Not all of the music pins out there do this....

#879 7 years ago

Their website says complete game package will be shown this summer and start shipping in fall
http://www.spookypinball.com/

#880 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Their website says complete game package will be shown this summer and start shipping in fall
http://www.spookypinball.com/

Awesome, can't wait!

#881 7 years ago

The man behind the mask, on the Jason movie soundtrack will it make it

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

The man behind the mask, on the Jason movie soundtrack will it make it

That's what I want to know.

#883 7 years ago

Going to see Alice Cooper tonight in Scottsdale for AZ Bike Week

#884 7 years ago

Going to see Alice Cooper tonight in Scottsdale for AZ Bike Week

Tell me more! Is he playing tonight?

#885 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Tell me more! Is he playing tonight?

http://www.azbikeweek.com/index.htm Tickets are 33 bucks, headed out later today with my girlfriend let me know if you go And we can exchange numbers, probably get there are 4 or 5 I think

#886 7 years ago

http://www.azbikeweek.com/index.htm Tickets are 33 bucks, headed out later today with my girlfriend let me know if you go And we can exchange numbers, probably get there are 4 or 5 I think

Sweet! My wife is not an Alice fan... but let me see if I can work some magic!

#887 7 years ago

I'm very psyched to see what the PF layout, art and cab design look like. Not a huge AC fan myself, but definitely a theme with a ton of potential and possibilities.

Just think...it could have been a Spandau Ballet themed game. AC is way better. I know this much is true.

Spandau (resized).jpgSpandau (resized).jpg

#888 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just think...it could have been a Spandau Ballet themed game. AC is way better. I know this much is true.

Ah ha ha haaaaaaha...I see what you did there.

#889 7 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

Ah ha ha haaaaaaha...

Likewise. LMFAO. (I really just wanted to get that song stuck in everyone's head). It's a song everyone friggin knows...but I really had no idea who the hell sang it before last week when someone asked me. Please Charlie DO NOT consider Spandau Ballet's Haunted Hayride as your next game.

#890 7 years ago

Looking forward to the reveal and wondering what songs will be in the game?

Surely -

Welcome to my nightmare
Desperado
Poison

Backglass or rather this is a translite from Facebook.

Hope it's a real backglass again like RZ.

17951956_1401870673207489_125826788311670965_n (resized).jpg17951956_1401870673207489_125826788311670965_n (resized).jpg

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Looking forward to the reveal and wondering what songs will be in the game?
Surely -
Welcome to my nightmare
Desperado
Poison
Backglass or rather this is a translite from Facebook.
Hope it's a real backglass again like RZ.

Ask Charlie about the back glass/Translite plans. I am sure he would be happy to tell you what the plan is.

#892 7 years ago

Will there be any playfield layout/art teasers coming? Cant wait to see what its going to look like

#893 7 years ago

I always thought Schools Out was his number one song.

#894 7 years ago

“Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle” will feature “classic and modern” music from the icon, not just a greatest hits type package. Spooky Pinball has chosen the songs that work best in context of the game’s theme with additional ambiance provided by Piggy D from Rob Zombie’s band and artwork from Jeff Zornow.

This doesn't answer if Schools Out will be one it, but it does denote it won't be a greatest hits package. I'm sure Alice will have a say in which songs he thinks work best in the game and he is an enthusiast, so that could be a win-win.

I'm looking forward to it.

Quoted from rai:

I always thought Schools Out was his number one song.

#895 7 years ago

First got into AC in junior high with the Friday 13 part 6 music from Constrictor. Then worked on finding all the back catalog, a lot of great, deep cuts in there. Packaging too, acquired an original 78 From the Inside LP with all the fold outs of the institution, you don't get promo like that anymore. The 74 greatest hits and others after don't cover even a small amount of his talent. I have no problem playing through entire albums of AC. Have had the pleasure of several live performances too, if this pin embodies a fraction of those we will be impressed for sure

#896 7 years ago

I collect this kind of stuff and figure this would be perfect for the Alice Cooper machine…..

ebay.com link: Alice Coopers Butterfly A Surreal Southern Folk Art Face Jug by Ron Dahline

PS: I'm bidding at least $275 and figure it will go higher than that...

#897 7 years ago

“Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle” will feature “classic and modern” music from the icon, not just a greatest hits type package.

I like this. Since the announcement I have been listening to more of his newer stuff that I wasn't as familiar with and I think that it is a great idea to pick songs that will actually go with the machine. There is quite a catalog to choose from!

Greatest hit packages are lame.

#898 7 years ago

“Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle” will feature “classic and modern” music from the icon, not just a greatest hits type package. Spooky Pinball has chosen the songs that work best in context of the game’s theme with additional ambiance provided by Piggy D from Rob Zombie’s band and artwork from Jeff Zornow.
This doesn't answer if Schools Out will be one it, but it does denote it won't be a greatest hits package. I'm sure Alice will have a say in which songs he thinks work best in the game and he is an enthusiast, so that could be a win-win.

charlie confirmed at the FWTG tourney this past weekend that the game will feature 10+ songs and they will be ones that fit the [theme] of the game. you can expect "be my frankenstein", but not "school's out".

that photo of the translite above was from this past weekend's event

1 week later
#899 6 years ago

Going to see Alice tomorrow night. I'll be the guy wearing the glow-in-the-dark Spooky t-shirt.

#900 6 years ago

School's Out is apparently very expensive to license, too, but they are more open to deals when Alice doesn't have a new record coming out (source: Penelope Spheeris and Shep Gordon's interviews on Nerdist and WTF Podcasts, respectively)

I do hope it's in there though! Also Black Widow would surely have to be included based on the backbox art

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 300.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/18?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.