Topic Stats

• 5,637 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 152 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 824 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190711_134756 (resized).jpg
20190706_012838 (resized).jpg
20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
20190712_214005 (resized).jpg
20190712_213952 (resized).jpg
20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg
ACNC PST (resized).jpg
ACNC_Ball_Trap (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).jpg
20190601_212101 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 113.
#5551 5 months ago

Have a spot to give up (since I already have an ACNC). It's pretty much ready to pick options and get on the line. Hit me up if you're interested.

#5552 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That's it! I'm in the 300's. I can't wait! I'm going there! Where's a good place to spend the night nearby?

I'm 286 and I'm thinking I'll pick it up too. It will be a fun little road trip from Kansas lol

#5553 5 months ago

I just picked mine up last night. It was delivered to the Golden State Pinball Festival.
423 plays over the weekend, being played nonstop no issues.

24D02B97-0334-4F66-9447-34C852D9946C (resized).jpegD92F502E-8759-43DF-8B8B-1966C8853535 (resized).jpeg
#5554 5 months ago

Hey anyone have advice on the Magnet Save and how to adjust it? When I first got the game it worked very reliably in tossing the ball back into play but lately I would say it just drops it into the drain 9 out of 10 times(still activates a ball save which is good). Not really sure how that adjustment in the menu works. I never changed any setting either so kind of odd it just stopped working reliably.

#5555 5 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Not really sure how that adjustment in the menu works.

Menu / Settings / Gameplay (feature)

Scan down to "Save Magnet Pattern" and you'll have 4 different timing options.

Quoted from blimpey:

423 plays over the weekend, being played nonstop no issues.

You have no idea how happy we are when we hear stuff like this!!! Thank you for allowing it to be used at a fantastic show!

#5556 5 months ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Menu / Settings / Gameplay (feature)

Scan down to "Save Magnet Pattern" and you'll have 4 different timing options.

Charlie, could you have responded in like less than a minute rather than 5 minutes.... Geez

Just kind of curious is it expected you should have to play with these settings normally? I mean again I never changed anything, it used to work and then just stopped working. Is there recommended one it should normally work at?

#5557 5 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Is there recommended one it should normally work at?

We found after shipping a few games that different pitch and various other things could throw off the timing of the magnet turning off / on to toss the ball... so the menu has 4 different timing patterns. Original being the slowest, and 1 - 2 - 3 getting progressively faster in response.

It really depends on each game set up as to what works best for your game and you just need to try them till you find the right one for yours.

Typically 1 gets it done... 2 on rare occasions, and I have yet to see 3 be needed.

#5558 5 months ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Typically 1 gets it done... 2 on rare occasions, and I have yet to see 3 be needed.

Way cooler if I could turn it up to 11.

Speaking of you all should do Spinal Tap for one of your games!

#5559 5 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey anyone have advice on the Magnet Save and how to adjust it? When I first got the game it worked very reliably in tossing the ball back into play but lately I would say it just drops it into the drain 9 out of 10 times(still activates a ball save which is good). Not really sure how that adjustment in the menu works. I never changed any setting either so kind of odd it just stopped working reliably.

Thank you for asking this!

#5560 5 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Make sure you have not put mylar on top of the magnet. I used to try that but it just does not work. you can put it around the magnet, just not on top.
Magicchiz

#5561 5 months ago

#89 arrived around noon today.

#5562 5 months ago

#92 in the house with blue trim.

5C1D2DA2-30DF-40F8-814A-393C8ACF1B9A (resized).jpegC9078AD5-073E-429E-91C7-926A53C9AAE1 (resized).jpegFC9EA5C3-A5B1-47B0-9118-AA5AAECE4615 (resized).jpeg
#5563 5 months ago

I was on the fence with the blue powder coat. I went with the standard hammered armor.

Now having seen both side by side in person I like the blue better, especially on a butter cab, it really pops!

#5564 5 months ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I was on the fence with the blue powder coat. I went with the standard hammered armor.
Now having seen both side by side in person I like the blue better, especially on a butter cab, it really pops!

I've gone back and forth between the two in my head since placing my order.. now it's time to select my add ons so have to bite the bullet and make a decision

#5565 5 months ago

After the Golden State Pinball Festival in Lodi, CA we received and read many reviews that of all the new games out... Wonka, Black Knight, Oktoberfest, and Munsters, Alice Cooper was the one that really stuck out and had the best art package, rule set, LCD integration and was challenging in a fun way. The magnet save was blowing people's mind! Such a great feature that has been underlooked.

We were right in the heat of the action and this beauty was played NON-STOP. We even converted one of our league player "doubters" on it. He bought one that day! (through Rob Anthony). Welcome to the club Bob!

IMG_20190516_1836562 (resized).jpg
#5566 5 months ago
Quoted from drypaint:

After the Golden State Pinball Festival in Lodi, CA we received and read many reviews that of all the new games out... Wonka, Black Knight, Oktoberfest, and Munsters, Alice Cooper was the one that really stuck out and had the best art package, rule set, LCD integration and was challenging in a fun way. The magnet save was blowing people's mind! Such a great feature that has been underlooked.
We were right in the heat of the action and this beauty was played NON-STOP. We even converted one of our league player "doubters" on it. He bought one that day! (through Rob Anthony). Welcome to the club Bob![quoted image]

Best looking pin in that line up. But Metallica is the BOMB game !!

#5567 4 months ago

Did any of you guys who put down a deposit before the tax change laws went into effect have to pay sales tax on ACNC recently?

#5568 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Did any of you guys who put down a deposit before the tax change laws went into effect have to pay sales tax on ACNC recently?

Yes

#5569 4 months ago

@ Spooky Pinball LLC

Have you considered making a graphic decal for the black area on the upper play field?

I have your target decal set. I think a follow up set for the castle floor would be popular.

I love my ACNC!

Looks like it’s missing a little something there:

FAD3BB38-AE7D-4280-A153-A6C28D8E9B0A (resized).jpeg
#5570 4 months ago
#5571 4 months ago

Yup. And can't get a definite answer for Pinball Star about it. Seems it's very complicated and it's a month by month changing thing. All I know is we all assumed (at least me) that sales tax wasn't an issue when we put down our non refundable deposit.

#5572 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yup. And can't get a definite answer for Pinball Star about it. Seems it's very complicated and it's a month by month changing thing. All I know is we all assumed (at least me) that sales tax wasn't an issue when we put down our non refundable deposit.

It’s always been required that you pay tax on internet purchases. Some rules changed now that make it more complicated for the seller, as they have to collect the tax from the buyer. Before, it was up to the buyer reporting their purchases at tax time and paying the correct tax at that time. Many didn’t do this, thus got it “tax free”...which is really wasn’t suppose to be.

#5573 4 months ago

Ok guys, I'm putting myself out there again. To show off my latest creation for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle.

I am a pinball topper guy. I know a lot of you are not, I get it! Although I have high ceilings and love filling that area with something related to the game below

I had a vision of looking up from the game and just like the backglass looking up and seeing the tops of the castle.

I hope seeing these spur some creativity of others to produce some cool stuff for the ACNC game.
Please support the official items from Spooky Pinball Inc. Hopefully there will be some cool stuff coming from Backalley Creations, and other great mod builders.

I made 6 of these for close friends and myself. They were all gifts. I know they all had games. No money changed hand. No I am not making anymore! Only way I'm making another is if Alice wants one.

Again I hope most of you like it. If not oh well. If it spurs one other person to make a mod for ACNC. Then my inspiration did its job.

Hope you like seeing it.

John
Magicchiz

#5574 4 months ago

Very cool magicchiz! Too bad you aren’t making more...hope the great modders out there come up with some cool stuff too.

#5575 4 months ago
Quoted from Jousley:

I was contacted last week to send in my balance and pick my final options for #106. Yay! can't wait to wheel that thing into my place.

I'm #107, They asked me for the mods list and shipping info back on May 1st but no final payment yet. With 89, 92 and 95 delivered mine must be right around the corner!!

#5576 4 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok guys, I'm putting myself out there again. To show off my latest creation for Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle.
I am a pinball topper guy. I know a lot of you are not, I get it! Although I have high ceilings and love filling that area with something related to the game below
I had a vision of looking up from the game and just like the backglass looking up and seeing the tops of the castle.
I hope seeing these spur some creativity of others to produce some cool stuff for the ACNC game.
Please support the official items from Spooky Pinball Inc. Hopefully there will be some cool stuff coming from Backalley Creations, and other great mod builders.
I made 6 of these for close friends and myself. They were all gifts. I know they all had games. No money changed hand. No I am not making anymore! Only way I'm making another is if Alice wants one.
Again I hope most of you like it. If not oh well. If it spurs one other person to make a mod for ACNC. Then my inspiration did its job.
Hope you like seeing it.
John
Magicchiz

Amazing!

#5577 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How can you say you didn't get a definite answer - I told you in TWO emails you would not be subject to tax as I have not reached my threshold in MI and I went on to explain that regardless of whether I am required to collect it or not - YOU have always been responsible to your state for any sales tax owed on out of state purchases like another person replied to you after your initial post. This is a very fluid situation with this sales tax enforcement and states are coming on board to enforce monthly or changing their rules. Sales tax was ALWAYS an issue - it's just whether whoever you bought something from collected it or you were required to pay it - YOUR responsibility as the consumer has never changed. Contact your state department of revenue for additional info. Don't blame the messenger - it's not the pinball companies or your distributor making you pay, it's your state and now with the federal government's backing they have the teeth to enforce.

#5578 4 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s always been required that you pay tax on internet purchases. Some rules changed now that make it more complicated for the seller, as they have to collect the tax from the buyer. Before, it was up to the buyer reporting their purchases at tax time and paying the correct tax at that time. Many didn’t do this, thus got it “tax free”...which is really wasn’t suppose to be.

this...

#5579 4 months ago

The long-awaited SDTM Review of Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle Pinball Machine

Enjoy...

#5580 4 months ago

We were lucky enough to be one of John's friends @MagicChiz AND an ACNC owner .
We received #5 of his 6 AWESOME ACNC Toppers!

Now I need to move ACNC #11 up against a wall (right now its backed up to RZSSI-LE #11 in the center of our Gameroom :-}) the Lightning Generator John recommended is the final pièce de ré·sis·tance!!

Thank you John !

IMG_20190525_192013 (resized).jpgIMG_20190525_192038 (resized).jpgIMG_20190525_192035 (resized).jpgIMG_20190525_192037 (resized).jpgIMG_20190525_192247 (resized).jpg
#5581 4 months ago

LOL I'd take one of those in a heartbeat, lovely work!

#5582 4 months ago

Nice work Chiz, they look killer. He told me they had three separate light controllers(zones) so you can dial in whatever look you want, sweet......and the coolest part is the 3-D light boxes you made in the windows!

20190527_135832 (resized).jpg20190527_135925 (resized).jpg
#5583 4 months ago

ok guys and girls,

I have gotten a ton of requests for info about the lightning behind the topper.

The projector is a Gemmy Lightning projector see Link below:

https://www.gemmy.com/LightShow_ThunderBolt_Spot_Light_p/73203.htm

In order to project at a close distance. You must remove the round clear dome on it.

I also attached mine behind the topper using a C clamp. Yes, Yes I know I screwed into my game. This game is not going anywhere until I die.
So yes I screwed two holes into the back of my game to mount this cool as S@@T add on to my topper.

Magicchiz

s-l500 (resized).jpg
#5584 4 months ago

There is so much to love about this game but unfortunately so far it is a LOCATION DUD!

Even the cheap-o Sterns haven't crapped out on me as much during their first week on the floor as Alice Cooper has.

Stuck balls literally every 20-40 minutes. Balls dropping down into the cabinet body! Ball lock diverter coming completely off. No great way to re-position ball-lock diverter properly.

And when the game goes into ball search, it can't tell that the ball is on the ball lock switches if the ball got there erroneously (even though the switches work fine) so when Frankenstein is raised all the way up during the search the balls fall into the cabinet.

I'm really hoping this thing can be salvaged with a bunch of mods because there is so much cool stuff about the table.

#5585 4 months ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

There is so much to love about this game but unfortunately so far it is a LOCATION DUD!
Even the cheap-o Sterns haven't crapped out on me as much during their first week on the floor as Alice Cooper has.
Stuck balls literally every 20-40 minutes. Balls dropping down into the cabinet body! Ball lock diverter coming completely off. No great way to re-position ball-lock diverter properly.
And when the game goes into ball search, it can't tell that the ball is on the ball lock switches if the ball got there erroneously (even though the switches work fine) so when Frankenstein is raised all the way up during the search the balls fall into the cabinet.
I'm really hoping this thing can be salvaged with a bunch of mods because there is so much cool stuff about the table.

I had the issue with balls dropping into the cabinet from Frank when I first got the game, but this was simply a servo position issue that was quickly remedied through the service menu (needed to be lowered enough to load a ball properly, but if you've done that, I'm not sure).

Would be interested to know the points the ball gets stuck (in case I can create a mod to fix a common issue [or aesthetic mod to double as a fix). Thus far I only know of the graveyard issue as posted by Magicchiz.

#5586 4 months ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

I had the same issue with balls dropping into the cabinet, under the Frankenstein toy. It happens when Frank is too high in the "load" or "bottom" position. You should be able to adjust it in the servo settings. I had to actually replace Frank's servo motor though, because it was faulty. Every since I changed the motor and dialled in the proper position, there have been zero ball losses.

The Frank switches, however, are indeed worth modding. The solution will be to design the Frank toy to have switches where the locked balls are resting on the toy, instead of where they are now - just behind the toy. This is why everyone is complaining about ball searches - there's no way for the machine to know that Frankenstein balls are locked if the balls aren't in contact with a switch when they're loaded into the toy.

#5587 4 months ago

Finally have this roughly together now. I was lucky enough to receive #6 of 6 from magicchiz Can't thank him enough for this incredible topper

I had the challenge of my ceilings being slightly too low for the topper to fit, so I had to adjust the height a bit, and my lightning effect may not be as grand with the lower ceiling and odd wall, but it looks AWESOME! Much better in person than I was able to capture (John's clip does a much better job at showing off his work). To my surprise, even with my existing light panels running in the back, I was still able to see the lightning (hard to tell in the video/photo). I intentionally let the lightning creep onto the ceiling a bit (unfortunately gets a bit lost if I start it on the upper black panel).

I'm sure I'll be experimenting with all of the different color options/brightness settings for awhile. Very well thought out lighting locations and color separation options on this.

[[not sure why the video is at 480p, but hopefully it's just Youtube being slow to fully upload]]

20190604_012514.jpg
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#5588 4 months ago

medisinyl Dude! That speaker panel is SWEET!

#5589 4 months ago
Quoted from xeneize:

medisinyl Dude! That speaker panel is SWEET!

Thank you! Debating a bezel of some sort to surround the screen. Not sure yet if they will be offered as a mod, but if the interest is there, I expect I'd figure out how to make it feasible to produce (I don't have a cnc, but could look into a service for the blank panels or just hand make each one).

Pain and Thrill knobs reference the lyrics from Poison.

Was going for a lab equipment look. I didn't get the lighted speakers, and thus no grills either, so I wanted to add something to at least my game. The factory grills would fit on this as well (I just made some simple rings in CAD for mine).

20190601_212101 (resized).jpg
#5590 4 months ago

medisinyl I'd be all in for ordering a speaker panel...to go along with my castle/tunnel mods.

The bezel around the screen would be a nice touch. On the Scared Stiff backglass, it certainly throws the optical illusion of being a CRT screen.

My ACNC build number is still farther down the line, but as I get closer, will be reaching out to you for any mods offered.

#5591 4 months ago

I'm in the club (almost); I just placed a deposit for game #132. Butter cabinet and a playfield with Ron Kruzman's famous clear and polish treatment.

#5592 4 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Hope you like seeing it.
John
Magicchiz

You are very talented sir!

#5593 4 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Butter cabinet and a playfield with Ron Kruzman's famous clear and polish treatment.

I know who Ron is but what is the clear and polish treatment as it relates to ACNC? Is this an additional option like the Butter Cabinet?

#5594 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:I know who Ron is but what is the clear and polish treatment as it relates to ACNC? Is this an additional option like the Butter Cabinet?

Spooky will send a playfield to Ron for him to clear and polish. Ron then returns the PF back to Spooky before they assemble your machine. I’m doing this with TNA and ACNC.

#5595 4 months ago

This panel would be awesome if a bezel, or even just bowed curves could be cut to give the illusion of a tube tv.
Also, I think the panel would look more tied-in if it was black. Perhaps the "frankinvision", Pain and Thrill could be lit from behind; perhaps tied to the speaker light kits.

Untitled (resized).jpg
#5596 4 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Spooky will send a playfield to Ron for him to clear and polish. Ron then returns the PF back to Spooky before they assemble your machine. I’m doing this with TNA and ACNC.

Wow! What does that cost?

#5597 4 months ago

Wow that's unnecessary. Are you concerned with longevity? Seems a bit overkill.

Quoted from Toucanf16:

#5598 4 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow that's unnecessary. Are you concerned with longevity? Seems a bit overkill.

It may be an extravagant option or overkill in people’s opinion. But Ron‘s work is phenomenal and I plan to keep these games a long time. Most my games are collecting quality.

#5599 4 months ago

I love Ron’s work and have used several of his playfields. But how much extra did this cost? I’m guessing 1500

#5600 4 months ago

Should be nowhere near that. I haven’t been invoiced for mine yet. Check with Ron, probably ~half (probably less) than the figure you mentioned. You’ll just be paying for Ron’s clear service and shipping two ways.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
650 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Benton, WI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 113.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside