20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 114.
#5501 5 years ago

Gotta tell you, Friday night I played Wonka, DI, BK3, Munsters, Deadpool, Octoberfest, and Houdini...all the new stuff and ACNC rocks them all. Art, code, sounds, lights, shots, and of course, music. I know many of you are waiting, but it will be worth it. I know, total honeymoon phase quote, but each game is electric. Just wanted to post a note of encouragement for those waiting after seeing the new reveals. Alice beats then in my opinion.

#5502 5 years ago

I was contacted last week to send in my balance and pick my final options for #106. Yay! can't wait to wheel that thing into my place.

#5503 5 years ago

Hmm I’m 59 and was told a few weeks ago that I couldn’t change my options when I attempted to do just that and that I would be on the line soon. No call, yet.

#5504 5 years ago

I made final payment on Thursday and I’m 76.

#5505 5 years ago

^What does age have to do with any of this?

#5506 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Hmm I’m 59 and was told a few weeks ago that I couldn’t change my options when I attempted to do just that and that I would be on the line soon. No call, yet.

Please keep in mind my distributors tend to ask for their payments before I send out to my people. We email on the final add ons about 3 weeks before the game gets on the line so we can get the correct powder coat per game.

#5507 5 years ago

Does anybody know if there is a club for us Spook Show owners??? Looking for some Art blades,anybody know where ,or,if,they are sold???Thanks!!!

#5508 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Does anybody know if there is a club for us Spook Show owners??? Looking for some Art blades,anybody know where ,or,if,they are sold???Thanks!!!

Here is a link to the Rob Zombie spook show thread. I don’t know about the art blades but someone there might.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/206#post-4823875

#5509 5 years ago

Got to put a bit more time on this one at MGC. I went into the show thinking Black Knight SoR was going to captivate me, but left more intrigued by both Wonka and Alice Cooper. The game has really come a long way since I last tried it a year ago. The modes were fun, the music was great (when I could hear it), and the shots felt pretty satisfying overall. Can’t say enough good things. Very impressed...enough to the point that I will definitely be considering adding this to my collection at some point.

#5510 5 years ago

I've got my email for customization. I'm thinking plastic protectors, lighted speakers, and a shaker. Possibly a knocker too.

I currently think the standard trim color is fine. Trying to decide on mirrors vs art.

Any thoughts or opinions on the mirror blades vs art on this one?

#5511 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I've got my email for customization. I'm thinking plastic protectors, lighted speakers, and a shaker. Possibly a knocker too.
I currently think the standard trim color is fine. Trying to decide on mirrors vs art.

Probably can’t go wrong with either. I’ve yet to see mirror blades not look good on a game. But I am going art blades on this one, mainly because I have mirrors on most of my other games and the side blades on this seem so well done.

#5512 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Probably can’t go wrong with either. I’ve yet to see mirror blades not look good on a game. But I am going art blades on this one, mainly because I have mirrors on most of my other games and the side blades on this seem so well done.

The art blades match the theme and artwork of this game better than the mirror blades in my opinion. Seems as though the mirror blades do brighten up the game a little if that is a concern . I went with the art blades.

#5513 5 years ago

Art blades plus the blue powder coat look amazing on mine. I think the mirrors look better with the gray trim myself, just because the art blades do not match as well with the standard trim.

In regards to shaker, if I had to do it again, I would have waited. I think the subwoofer shakes the machine as much as the shaker motor. I don't know if I'd miss it. Plus, seems a relatively easy install if I did want to add it later. But still can't go wrong with it there.

Also, get the target decals, they really look natural on this game and add just the right amount of character.

#5514 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I do generally like mirror blades, but went with decals on ACNC. They isolate the creepy castle with better atmosphere IMO. More importantly, those sculpts are right up against the cabinet and I find it jarring to see the mirrored image of them in this case.

#5515 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I do generally like mirror blades, but went with decals on ACNC. They isolate the creepy castle with better atmosphere IMO. More importantly, those sculpts are right up against the cabinet and I find it jarring to see the mirrored image of them in this case.

This is an interesting question. I went with mirror blades on TNA, which I think work perfectly on that game. But for ACNC I do see the allure of the art blades.

I really like the look of both, but for once I might go art instead of mirror. We should make a poll.

#5516 5 years ago

Art blades for me!

#5517 5 years ago

Art blades!

#5518 5 years ago

Went with mirror and scary blue pc

1 week later
#5519 5 years ago

Crickets for a week?? What's going on? where are production numbers at?

#5520 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Discussion seems to have migrated to the Club thread : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/8#post-4957338

#5521 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Lots of new pins on the market creating BUZzzz. Hopefully the ACNC owners are busy playing.

#5522 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Lots of new pins on the market creating BUZzzz. Hopefully the ACNC owners are busy playing.

This is true in my case. Glass rattles from the subwoofer, but other than that. Good times!

1 week later
#5523 4 years ago

#5524 4 years ago

Buffalo guys - what are your thoughts now that you played it a lot? I'm almost done watching but didn't hear any opinions yet

#5525 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Buffalo guys - what are your thoughts now that you played it a lot? I'm almost done watching but didn't hear any opinions yet

If you watch the stream and look at the faces I believe it might tell the tale.

#5526 4 years ago

Kevin commented in the stream that it looks beautiful and plays great.

#5527 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

They review the game at the end of their most recent podcast/youtube.

#5528 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If you watch the stream and look at the faces I believe it might tell the tale.

Down vote all you want this stream was dull and it was brick city.

#5529 4 years ago

#5530 4 years ago

Does anyone know what the 1 point is at the end of the score? I would imagine its a reward indicator like on TNA... 1 point for each reactor. I thought maybe 1 point for each mode completed, but that turned out to be incorrect.

#5531 4 years ago

The reaction to this pin on location from seasoned players has been great. Lots and lots of love. The rules are great, its something different than the Stern cut-and-paste playfield layouts, the choice of music and sound effects when not in a mode are outstanding, the shots are rewarding, and modes are fun and different.

#5532 4 years ago

The one point is for each monster that you’ve defeated .

#5533 4 years ago

frankmac Says the guy who rated Twilight Zone a 5/10. Hahaha

#5534 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You must be a blast at parties

#5535 4 years ago

As an owner, yes the shots are tighter than most, but you can recover pretty well. This game has some of the most fun and unique modes of any game I've played. Truly unique and original. If I had to say one thing about ACNC compared to other games is that it has character. It is not for everyone, but my friends and family love it!

#5536 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You must not have watched the stream you linked in, cause it looked like a blast to me. And I will downvote you for creating the other thread with the title “Alice Cooper Nightmare is a brick” just to bash the pin, for being weak minded and easily influenced by anything anyone says, and for not being able to form your own opinion.

#5537 4 years ago

I just completed 4 monster modes out of 6 played and cashed in a monster hurry up for 33m. There may or may not have been some bricks along the way. Who am i kidding, of course there were. It was also a lot of fun. The rules on the game are already really good and I’m looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

#5538 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Down vote all you want.

Dude, it's the constant negativity. I just don't get it. There are games I don't like too, but I don't feel the need to constantly post my opinions in those threads. Just move on to a thread where they are discussing a game you enjoy.

#5539 4 years ago

Oh boy a new one tonight. Ball flying around and dieing a horriable death stuck in the graveyard
Magicchiz

20190504_003009 (resized).jpg20190504_003009 (resized).jpg20190504_003010 (resized).jpg20190504_003010 (resized).jpg
#5540 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Oh boy a new one tonight. Ball flying around and dieing a horriable death stuck in the graveyard
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image]

Another cadaver!

#5541 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

frankmac Says the guy who rated Twilight Zone a 5/10. Hahaha

You are 2 for 5 Waxx .. Ha keep trying.

#5542 4 years ago

#62 is in the house it arrived earlier in the week but we were not able to get it in the house till last night

#5543 4 years ago

The more I play it the more I like it. Thinking about moving my wonka money over to Alice.

1 week later
#5544 4 years ago

I played this on location (Yes! Lucky me!!!) today. It's amazing! First, it just looks magical. There's a castle on the playfield. But, not just a castle like you're looking from the outside, but the rooms and the feel. The sound draws you in because it's subtle at first. But, when you move to a mode the rock starts up. I love heavy music and metal, but was never an Alice Cooper fan (except for School's Out which I used to sing at the top of my lungs in middle school.) The songs do seem really perfect for pinball though.

I started to find the shots, and while some of them are a bit tricky (like the left scoop evaded my mediocre skills a lot) I was able to hit each shot at least once, and that was within 4 games. I'm sure after 20 or 30 games anyone would be finding their way to play and getting comfortable with the shots.

One other thing...this machine just seems rock solid. The flippers are strong and incredibly responsive. The shaker added a great sensory component and I just found myself with a smile on my face the whole time.

Only word that comes to mind is "Bravo!" Spooky rocked this one.

#5545 4 years ago

#80 delivered today at The Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids MI!

IMG_2231 (resized).JPGIMG_2231 (resized).JPG
#5546 4 years ago
Quoted from pyramidschemebar:

[quoted image]

Oh damn! #87 must be close now!!!

#5547 4 years ago

#95 is in the house!

#5548 4 years ago

[quoted image]

That's it! I'm in the 300's. I can't wait! I'm going there! Where's a good place to spend the night nearby?

#5549 4 years ago

The Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids MI!

Love that place! Wish I lived closer to visit more often.

#5550 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

#95 is in the house!

Wait, you got 95 already? Well okay, now I'm jealous.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 14.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.