20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 114.
#5401 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

"It's like an orgasm for your eyes."

I think that is called a facial?

#5402 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think that is called a facial?

of course you would say that

#5403 5 years ago

Well judging by all the comments by the "fans" I'm guessing I'll have no problem selling it.

#5404 5 years ago

Hell I can't even remember if I'm 349 or 394 but I'm up there. And not goin anywhere. In this for the long haul,...and happy to be here.
I am curious as to how you lower your flippers slightly, as I've never worked on flippers before. Is it fairly simple (I hope)?

#5405 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hell I can't even remember if I'm 349 or 394 but I'm up there. And not goin anywhere. In this for the long haul,...and happy to be here.
I am curious as to how you lower your flippers slightly, as I've never worked on flippers before. Is it fairly simple (I hope)?

I've never owned a Spooky, but it looks like it is one lock nut to loosen, then adjust and re-tighten.

#5406 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well judging by all the comments by the "fans" I'm guessing I'll have no problem selling it.

10k by Christmas.

#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

10k by Christmas.

Haha I know right! WTF

#5408 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I know people like to shit on Pinstadium here but can we all be adults and be honest on what we are getting. This game is way too dark and needs a little extra lighting whether it be Pinstadium or Spooky just adding a kit upgrade. I have had people at my house constantly ask why my TNA is so much darker than my other games and it drives me nuts. Clearly this is a production staple of Spooky games since the same complaint has come from owners of Rob Zombie and Most Haunted. With that said spookycharlie is there something that can be done as a lighting upgrade from the Spooky side of things without having to look outside of what you are producing for us?

Tna is perfect!! Love it as the masterpiece it is!

#5409 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We all have personal tastes, and I have no problem with that.
[quoted image]

ROTFLMFAO!!

#5410 5 years ago

Except Bryan's... his opinion is god awful.

#5411 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I really wasn't trying to "promote" pinstadiums. I really wanted other to know. The difficulty in hooking them up to ACNC. It is not your normal GI and Flasher game.
The game is great, and that's not just me being a Alice Fan.... "So it's got to be good". I also don't think Charlie would want me to blow smoke up his butt. He deserves honest comments and answers. He is trying to make a better product. If you really look at the game. Spooky has come leaps and bounds. When you get your game just open it up and look.
There are still things I don't like. But man, talk about coming a long way. The proc menu is great. The servo video posted above really answered lots of questions about that. And fixed my ball getting caught issue. Thanks Charlie for posting that.
The game needed some tweeks. Every game does. Not everything goes together the same on these. Hell I had to tweek my munsters even more then this game. Flipper adjustments is mandatory, at least on mine it was.
Shots are still tight, but soooo stasfying when you hit them. This is not a cake walk game and will be a come back again and again game in a home setting.
You as a player have to learn the shots, they are not just cookie cutter shots in the same layout as other games. Errrr stern. This is truly a unique design and applaud Charlie for trying different things.
OK off my soapbox for now. Anybody got any real questions. Pm me or ask away. Or anyone want a certain picture of something, just ask.
Magicchiz

Gotta say, I agree 100% that the center of the playfield could use some more light. I'm also usually playing in a very dimly lit room, and the playfield is so damn good looking. I've been thinking that's a mod I will want to do since I put my deposit down. This whole conversation has derailed into those who like Pinstadiums and those who don't. It's a preference thing, so it will never be the same for people. Magicchiz's whole first post was just describing the hookup for anyone else who might be considering stadiums on their Alice. I for one appreciate that insight.

#5412 5 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Gotta say, I agree 100% that the center of the playfield could use some more light. I'm also usually playing in a very dimly lit room, and the playfield is so damn good looking. I've been thinking that's a mod I will want to do since I put my deposit down. This whole conversation has derailed into those who like Pinstadiums and those who don't. It's a preference thing, so it will never be the same for people. Magicchiz's whole first post was just describing the hookup for anyone else who might be considering stadiums on their Alice. I for one appreciate that insight.

Pinstadium is kind of a religious issue around here for some reason, I think you gain cred by bashing them or something. Personally, I see most playfields fine in low light so they're not for me -- but others do like them, who am I to say that's wrong, much less get upset about it. Oh well, I guess if we all weren't a little bit crazy about pinball this forum would be a lot less interesting.

#5413 5 years ago

Man, this game was nowhere near my radar until I played it at TPF this year. Now I’m lighter in the wallet b/c I just sent my payment in on one that I got super lucky to happen upon and take over in line.

As for Pinstadiums, I intend to leave this one alone if I can. But I put them on my IM Premium and I think it looks absolutely kick ass. I’ll probably put them on Scared Stiff and TAF down the road. Downvote away if you want, but that’s some dumb shit to worry about.

#5414 5 years ago

I didn't want to do this but here is the no pinstadium picture, and with. Now people realize this is a personal preference deal. Just it is a option. Also I like being able to turn them up or off if I want to play dark and see the controlled light show better.

In fact I think Charlie got ripped off. If I remember right AMH had the first led light strip down the sides of the game. Charlie was a innovator before his time! You should be getting some sort of royalty from pinstadium.

magicchiz

20190404_104450 (resized).jpg20190404_104450 (resized).jpg20190404_104522 (resized).jpg20190404_104522 (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpguntitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png

#5415 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, this game was nowhere near my radar until I played it at TPF this year. Now I’m lighter in the wallet b/c I just sent my payment in on one that I got super lucky to happen upon and take over in line.
As for Pinstadiums, I intend to leave this one alone if I can. But I put them on my IM Premium and I think it looks absolutely kick ass. I’ll probably put them on Scared Stiff and TAF down the road. Downvote away if you want, but that’s some dumb shit to worry about.

$375 lucky?

#5416 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I didn't want to do this but here is the no pinstadium picture, and with. Now people realize this is a personal preference deal. Just it is a option. Also I like being able to turn them up or off if I want to play dark and see the controlled light show better.
In fact I think Charlie got ripped off. If I remember right AMH had the first led light strip down the sides of the game. Charlie was a innovator before his time! You should be getting some sort of royalty from pinstadium.
magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks amazing! I love the way the extra light makes the playfield pop. I have a friend who does pinstadiums on a lot of his pins, and I have always loved playing on the brighter field. Don't need a headlamp that way

#5417 5 years ago

No, but really low # lucky.

#5418 5 years ago

Enjoy.

#5419 5 years ago

Magic - thanks for the cool posts and photos. Beats the crap out of AC wearing a Santa Claus hat. Give us pinsiders a vote on how you spend your money when we start paying your bills. We are blessed to live in so much luxury as to have the time to get upset over some other person's toy.

#5420 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I didn't want to do this but here is the no pinstadium picture, and with.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but thanks for posting those pics Magicchiz Personally I prefer it without the pinstadiums but I certainly don’t have issues with people personalizing their pins however they want.

#5421 5 years ago

Game needs some additional lighting both on the playfield and in the back box, it definitely does not look very good in the dark. I played this game at TPF and the game seems like a super fun game but is definitely dark. Is there an option to fix this without blowing the game up? My view as a customer is that visually the game is lacking and I would really like to hear some real options other than Pinstadium If there are any out there.

The blue trough lighting I put in MBrLE made the game perfect, that small option made a huge impact to the lower PF. There has to be an easy to install option without going off the cliff with over the top kind of stuff. If there isn’t one there isn’t one but if there is a way that maintains game integrity I would like to hear about it.

#5422 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but thanks for posting those pics Magicchiz

THAT was funny... and spot on! Thanks Magicchiz - for posting your lighting photos - glad you finally got your game!

#5423 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Game needs some additional lighting both on the playfield and in the back box, it definitely does not look very good in the dark. I played this game at TPF and the game seems like a super fun game but is definitely dark. Is there an option to fix this without blowing the game up? My view as a customer is that visually the game is lacking and I would really like to hear some real options other than Pinstadium If there are any out there.
The blue trough lighting I put in MBrLE made the game perfect, that small option made a huge impact to the lower PF. There has to be an easy to install option without going off the cliff with over the top kind of stuff. If there isn’t one there isn’t one but if there is a way that maintains game integrity I would like to hear about it.

Run a $5 doller LED light strip from Walmart.

It plugs into a usb wall mount charger. Place it / put it where you like the effect on your playfield. Simple to remove or reposition.

#5424 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Run a $5 doller LED light strip from Walmart.
It plugs into a usb wall mount charger. Place it / put it where you like the effect on your playfield. Simple to remove or reposition.

Cool thanks

#5425 5 years ago

$5 bucks in my WCS ramp and it does the job!

3C347AEA-7EA0-45DD-898D-4E709EF94993 (resized).jpeg3C347AEA-7EA0-45DD-898D-4E709EF94993 (resized).jpeg

#5426 5 years ago

Well I’m happy we got to join the club today; after playing this game several times at my buddies house my wife and I fell in love spooky killed it
Proud future owner of #210
Big shout out to the entire spooky family for such a KILLER GAME

#5427 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Well I’m happy we got to join the club today; after playing this game several times at my buddies house my wife and I fell in love spooky killed it
Proud future owner of #210
Big shout out to the entire spooky family for such a KILLER GAME

Congrats...I just missed out again on the $300 spot cuz I was too late checking my pinside mail.

#5428 5 years ago

i have a couple of spots in the 146-160 available if anyone is looking to get in.

#5429 5 years ago

Pardon my ignorance on the Pinstadium lighting but are these just LED strips attached at various areas in the game, additional spots, etc? How do they connect into this game? Does the AC adapter used for the lighting plug into Alice Cooper without any issue? Do the lights turn off with the game?

#5430 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Pardon my ignorance on the Pinstadium lighting but are these just LED strips attached at various areas in the game, additional spots, etc? How do they connect into the game?

Strips attached to angled plastic that run the length of the playfield.

They attach to the side walls of the cabinet via magnets.

#5431 5 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Hey Jeremy! I'm #343, so you can come over and play mine before you get yours if you get tired of waiting. Lol.

I am still waiting on an invite...

#5432 5 years ago

We just purchased spotlights to brighten the lower playfield, I will post pics next week

#5433 5 years ago

Put about 6 hours game play on mine this weekend. Its a riot. The modes are very creative and pending you trap up or have a goal its GREAT! Don’t put stadiums on it until you get it into your house. I am happy with mine the way it is. Its creepy and neat. Crypt multiball is nearly silent and the thing is just so cool.

I haven't updated the code yet to the latest one. Today if i find a drive. How do you clear the trough in the menu or is it only done by hand???

#5434 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Put about 6 hours game play on mine this weekend. Its a riot. The modes are very creative and pending you trap up or have a goal its GREAT! Don’t put stadiums on it until you get it into your house. I am happy with mine the way it is. Its creepy and neat. Crypt multiball is nearly silent and the thing is just so cool.
I haven't updated the code yet to the latest one. Today if i find a drive. How do you clear the trough in the menu or is it only done by hand???

By hand is the easiest, but put your hand behind the graveyard to catch the balls. It's tight up front.
Magicchiz

#5436 5 years ago

#5437 5 years ago

20K by Christmas

#5438 5 years ago

Seems like they like everything but the shot layout.

Said 80% of his shots bricked. I played it a bunch at TPF also and it was not 80% for me.

#5439 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Seems like they like everything but the shot layout.

I agree with you that the shot layout feels more satisfying over time. It is not simple!

I'm hopeful that when they play the game more, they'll recognize that the rules and battles vary and notice some of the other things intended to make the rules deep and interesting. The fact that they spent only 15 seconds on the code gives the impression it is shallow and bare-bones.

#5440 5 years ago

I love the creativity and nuances in the ACNC code. 5 days away from picking mine up. Can't wait to explore the castle!

#5441 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I agree with you that the shot layout feels more satisfying over time. It is not simple!
I'm hopeful that when they play the game more, they'll recognize that the rules and battles vary and notice some of the other things intended to make the rules deep and interesting. The fact that they spent only 15 seconds on the code gives the impression it is shallow and bare-bones.

Their "review" makes it pretty clear that they did not even play the game enough to actually do a review. Pretty poor journalism and always sad when you see people lacking any real understanding using their playform to generate clicks but don't put forth any effort to actually understand the current state of the game.

#5442 5 years ago

My rule of thumb is if I see "HOT TAKE!" I don't bother clicking. It's a pretty good sign that it's a waste of my time. Gonna stick with it on this one.

#5443 5 years ago

No complaints here. No issues to report as of now. Its a special one.

#5444 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Their "review" makes it pretty clear that they did not even play the game enough to actually do a review

I concur. I’ve seen some of their stuff and generally it’s well done - but you can’t give a game a proper review after one or two games.

These days an online review can sink/save a movie/pinball/car/whatever ... the average person these days is so influenced by other people’s opinions (why, I do not know ...) so it’s important to make the effort to actually do it properly.

IMO

rd

#5445 5 years ago

did they really say "it's not fun to shoot" lol they don't know shit. take that review with a grain of salt

#5446 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

The rules are fantastic ! The monster modes are great . Each one has a unique feel to it and they utilize different shots on the playfield . The game also does a very good job of visually showing what you should be shooting for in each mode . Well done ,thank you.

#5447 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

did they really say "it's not fun to shoot" lol they don't know shit. take that review with a grain of salt

They can’t please everybody, but I don’t care for some of Nick’s comments. in his last ones he came across arrogant about not giving a damn about his route games. Then they don’t mention anything negative about WOZ YBR? Don’t lose sleep off of this clip..

#5448 5 years ago

I think these days, there are so many podcasts and they are all looking for new content and new things to say ... and some “breaking news!” that will pump their show up ...

At the end of the day, there’s only so much pinball stuff you can crap on about ...

In saying that, the podcasters wield so much influence on this hobby - JJP has figured that out as you can see with his launch of Wonka. And the coverage is all FREE. And as we have seen this week, it is not very hard to whip some people in this hobby into a buying frenzy. Very clever from Jack.

rd

#5449 5 years ago

I played this at TPF and though it was awesome.

Also, the peeps at the Spooky both were supper cool.

#5450 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I concur. I’ve seen some of their stuff and generally it’s well done - but you can’t give a game a proper review after one or two games.

You think RD? Maybe 10 games? Pathetic on their part and clueless

Quoted from tbutler6:

They can’t please everybody, but I don’t care for Nick. in his last ones he came across arrogant about not giving a damn about his route games. Then they don’t mention anything negative about WOZ YBR? Don’t lose sleep off of this clip..

A couple of arrogant dopes that played a few games on a pin and basically suck. Not the first time

Quoted from trilogybeer:

The rules are fantastic ! The monster modes are great . Each one has a unique feel to it and they utilize different shots on the playfield . The game also does a very good job of visually showing what you should be shooting for in each mode . Well done ,thank you.

And you own it and have played it a few hundred times so I'll go with those opinions over the above.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/109?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.