20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 114.
#5351 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I have adjusted my flippers. From factory it was pretty hard to hit outer orbits, which is a ton of the game.
My suggestion is drop your flippers some from factory.
Magicchiz

I did this as well and it makes a big difference.

#5352 5 years ago

Hey Pinsiders! We now offer our own target decals!! If you would like a set, contact me ([email protected]) or Squirrel ([email protected])! We can also add them to your yet-to-be-built game, just let us know if you would like them shipped or added and we will do so!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png56713023_2245510868843461_7041325326734983168_n (resized).jpg56713023_2245510868843461_7041325326734983168_n (resized).jpg56332524_2245511642176717_5740968963634888704_n (resized).jpg56332524_2245511642176717_5740968963634888704_n (resized).jpg56547349_2245511725510042_4444052560101244928_n (resized).jpg56547349_2245511725510042_4444052560101244928_n (resized).jpg56823263_2245510515510163_2185139533249511424_n (resized).jpg56823263_2245510515510163_2185139533249511424_n (resized).jpg
#5353 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I have adjusted my flippers. From factory it was pretty hard to hit outer orbits, which is a ton of the game.
Magicchiz

Did this add any ball-hop during the transition from the guide to the flipper?

#5354 5 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Did this add any ball-hop during the transition from the guide to the flipper?

Mine was hopping a little from factory and needed adjusting anyway, like mentioned before they needed lowered a little and seem to flow smoother that way and orbits are much easier to hit. I also had to slightly bend the orbit metals guides as I was getting way too many orbits that went SDTM. Now it is rare unless an odd off speed hit comes out of the orbit due to mishit or something like that. Minor tweaks like all new games, nothing anyone should worry about and guessing they all will be slightly different and need minor tweaks as you get the feel for it. AWESOME game tho, loving it!

#5355 5 years ago

A little mod action.
Magicchiz

20190402_143641 (resized).jpg20190402_143641 (resized).jpg20190402_143647 (resized).jpg20190402_143647 (resized).jpg
#5356 5 years ago

deleted post
misread the word mishit

#5357 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Hey Pinsiders! We now offer our own target decals!! If you would like a set, contact me ([email protected]) or squirrel ([email protected])! We can also add them to your yet-to-be-built game, just let us know if you would like them shipped or added and we will do so!

Would you be able to post all of the various mod items and prices such as shaker motors, speaker lights, decals, etc available for Alice Cooper?

#5358 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

A little mod action.
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image]

That actually looks good. Where did you get it from? I love making my pin mine...but not gaudy.

#5359 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

That actually looks good. Where did you get it from? I love making my pin mine...but not gaudy.

I was about to ask the same question.

#5360 5 years ago

Figure is from 2009. Pretty rare, but you can find them. Kind of pricey but the scale of the figure works.
Magicchiz

cache_2445938388 (resized).jpgcache_2445938388 (resized).jpg
#5361 5 years ago

Let's talk pinstadiums.

On my Rob Zombie, pinstadiums are a must. The playfield is sooo dark.

After getting Alice, it was apparent that playing in a dark room it was going to need something to appreciate the art etc. Maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes don't like playing in the dark.

This game it totally RGB lighting. Even the flasher is controlled RGB. Which is fine except for installing pinstadium lighting. Now I'm not trying to miss the light show they create. But the controlled GI just wasn't enough for me. Also I'm installing just a standard pinstadium with UV flasher.

So after talking to Scott and Rebelguitars. Here is where I hooked up my pinstadium set. Only real GI is coin door, coin reject lights. So GI is attached there. Now some are not going to like this option because they do not go off when the playfield goes dark. But unless you want to try to come off of one of the colors on the rgb and that color fires, im sure it would be a strobing mess. If someone knows something I don't please fill me in. Also I'm sure it is too much to get a light programed just for pinstadiums when only a select few will install them in their game.

Now the UV flasher. Again only flasher in the game is controlled Rgb. So thats kinda out. So Scott suggested the shaker motor, I was hesitant at first, but gave it a shot and it works and looks great. Does not fire excessively and on short bursts of the shaker they light a little and on full bust of the shaker they flash full power. Really a cool effect and not constant.

Again the only thing I feel I'm am missing is a complete blackout when and if the game wants one.
Plus with the pinstadiums you can dial back the GI and color to make the game have a creepy obiance.

I hope this helps anyone else who wants to bring more light into the game. The art and playfield is soooo cool it is a shame the game is kinda dark with the RGB lighting.

I for one hope that spooky will maybe slow down some of the light shows and refine them as time goes on. In attract mode it can get a little stroby with the exception of the color change. Plus I miss the crawling insect mode strobing. Some other modes stobe, make them solid and bring back the bugs. I love you Spooky, so I'm not complaining, just suggesting.

Magicchiz

20190403_163714 (resized).jpg20190403_163714 (resized).jpg20190403_163720 (resized).jpg20190403_163720 (resized).jpg
#5362 5 years ago

One last thing. I can't wait for Scott to release the diffuser set for pinstadiums. So we can get rid of the rainbow effect on the metal shooter lane ramp.
Magicchiz

#5363 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Thanks. I didn't know that could make a difference. Good to know for other games as well.

#5364 5 years ago

You realize you just defeated all of the work the programmer put in for the lightshow? Perhaps try it stock with the room lights on or a few of them and you will see much more of the playfield. On the other hand if you're happy thats all that matters

Quoted from Magicchiz:

Let's talk pinstadiums.
On my Rob Zombie, pinstadiums are a must. The playfield is sooo dark.
After getting Alice, it was apparent that playing in a dark room it was going to need something to appreciate the art etc. Maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes don't like playing in the dark.
This game it totally RGB lighting. Even the flasher is controlled RGB. Which is fine except for installing pinstadium lighting. Now I'm not trying to miss the light show they create. But the controlled GI just wasn't enough for me. Also I'm installing just a standard pinstadium with UV flasher.
So after talking to Scott and Rebelguitars. Here is where I hooked up my pinstadium set. Only real GI is coin door, coin reject lights. So GI is attached there. Now some are not going to like this option because they do not go off when the playfield goes dark. But unless you want to try to come off of one of the colors on the rgb and that color fires, im sure it would be a strobing mess. If someone knows something I don't please fill me in. Also I'm sure it is too much to get a light programed just for pinstadiums when only a select few will install them in their game.
Now the UV flasher. Again only flasher in the game is controlled Rgb. So thats kinda out. So Scott suggested the shaker motor, I was hesitant at first, but gave it a shot and it works and looks great. Does not fire excessively and on short bursts of the shaker they light a little and on full bust of the shaker they flash full power. Really a cool effect and not constant.
Again the only thing I feel I'm am missing is a complete blackout when and if the game wants one.
Plus with the pinstadiums you can dial back the GI and color to make the game have a creepy obiance.
I hope this helps anyone else who wants to bring more light into the game. The art and playfield is soooo cool it is a shame the game is kinda dark with the RGB lighting.
I for one hope that spooky will maybe slow down some of the light shows and refine them as time goes on. In attract mode it can get a little stroby with the exception of the color change. Plus I miss the crawling insect mode strobing. Some other modes stobe, make them solid and bring back the bugs. I love you Spooky, so I'm not complaining, just suggesting.
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image]

#5365 5 years ago

How to get rid of ambience!

Modern games just don't need pinstadiums.

But people love shiny new things so it figures I guess.

#5366 5 years ago

I had mentioned in my earlier post that the game was pretty dark, even in a well lit room. I also like to play in a dark room, my basement lights glare terribly off of the glass, plus you miss out on the light shows in the game when you play with all the lights on in the room. I would have to try to add some more lighting to this game if I were to bring one home, and believe me, I am NOT a fan of Pinstadiums. I would first try to tie in spotlights to add extra lighting, but don't fault anyone for wanting to add Pinstadiums. I would keep it white though, or if you could tie it into a color changing GI lamp, may try that. Nothing is more frustrating that walking up to a game, and not being able to see the ball. Which is why I hate colored GI.

#5367 5 years ago

Why do people trash their games out with nasty ass lighting?

#5368 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Same reason so many insist on having every square inch of their games glow like they're radioactive.

#5369 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

And cheap plastic dolls.

#5370 5 years ago

I was having a problem with one of the 3 servos (ball lock diverter, Frank monster, guillotine chop) blowing the 3amp fast blo servo fuse (bottom right corner of back box) and Chris from Spooky helped me diagnose and fix the problem super quick through the servo settings. A day later Spooky released this video explaining how the servo settings work.

Super awesome how fast they addressed this. In my case the chop top was set too high and was pressing too hard against the bottom of the ramp causing the fuse to blow. I would also recommend testing the frankenstein monster setting by putting the 2 balls in his locks and raising him up just enough until the balls spill out. Which is totally rad by the way. I had a player tell me that Frank got too high and his arm got stuck on the wall preventing him from being able to go back to his lair. Which may or may not have caused the fuse to blow as well. So there's that or the fact that everyone has been loving this machine and are playing the everliving shit out of it.

#5371 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

I was having a problem with one of the 3 servos (ball lock diverter, Frank monster, guillotine chop) blowing the 3amp fast blo servo fuse (bottom right corner of back box) and Chris from Spooky helped me diagnose and fix the problem super quick through the servo settings. A day later Spooky released this video explaining how the servo settings work. Super awesome how fast they addressed this. In my case the chop top was set too high and was pressing too hard against the bottom of the ramp causing the fuse to blow. I would also recommend testing the frankenstein monster setting by putting the 2 balls in his locks and raising him up just enough until the balls spill out. Which is totally rad by the way. I had a player tell me that Frank got too high and his arm got stuck on the wall preventing him from being able to go back to his lair. Which may or may not have caused the fuse to blow as well. So there's that or the fact that everyone has been loving this machine and are playing the everliving shit out of it.

Wow lots of hate on here about pinstadiums. Thought I was helping. I have had this happen a couple of times.
Magicchiz

20190403_164711 (resized).jpg20190403_164711 (resized).jpg
#5372 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Wow lots of hate on here about pinstadiums. Thought I was helping. I have had this happen a couple of times.
Magicchiz
[quoted image]

I think it looks nice with the pinstadium lights. Makes the pf art pop. What settings are you using?

Could you share a video that includes some light show effects? Curious to see the impact. Never seen a pinstadium in person, that I can recall at least.

#5373 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You realize you just defeated all of the work the programmer put in for the lightshow? Perhaps try it stock with the room lights on or a few of them and you will see much more of the playfield. On the other hand if you're happy thats all that matters

No I didn't defeat anything. You can still see the lights show and the color changes for the different modes. Just no blackout.
My pinstadiums where pretty bright in the pictures. But with the app you can dial them down.
Magicchiz

#5374 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz
[quoted image]

I'm not biased to hating on them in any one place, I hate on them and all nasty ass lighting everywhere.

#5375 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm not biased to hating on them in any one place, I hate on them and all nasty ass lighting everywhere.

Nice thing about pinstadiums. If you don't like them, you can also turn them off.
Magicchiz

#5376 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Nice thing about pinstadiums. If you don't like them, you can also turn them off.
Magicchiz

Or better yet remove them and throw them in the dumpster where they belong

#5377 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Or better yet remove them and throw them in the dumpster where they belong

Now see if you were a true Alice fan you would have said Trash, not dumpster!

Trash_(Alice_Cooper_album_-_cover_art) (resized).jpgTrash_(Alice_Cooper_album_-_cover_art) (resized).jpg
#5378 5 years ago

I know people like to shit on Pinstadium here but can we all be adults and be honest on what we are getting. This game is way too dark and needs a little extra lighting whether it be Pinstadium or Spooky just adding a kit upgrade. I have had people at my house constantly ask why my TNA is so much darker than my other games and it drives me nuts. Clearly this is a production staple of Spooky games since the same complaint has come from owners of Rob Zombie and Most Haunted. With that said SpookyCharlie is there something that can be done as a lighting upgrade from the Spooky side of things without having to look outside of what you are producing for us?

#5379 5 years ago

I have the Alice figure I've attached a picture of and wondering if there is any place on the game that it would fit even if I had to cut the legs off (not a fan of the pseudo Simmons boots on this figure) as I don't have my game yet but trying to be proactive for when it arrives.

alice (resized).jpgalice (resized).jpg
#5380 5 years ago

In the coin box.

#5381 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I know people like to shit on Pinstadium here but can we all be adults and be honest on what we are getting. This game is way too dark and needs a little extra lighting whether it be Pinstadium or Spooky just adding a kit upgrade. I have had people at my house constantly ask why my TNA is so much darker than my other games and it drives me nuts. Clearly this is a production staple of Spooky games since the same complaint has come from owners of Rob Zombie and Most Haunted. With that said spookycharlie is there something that can be done as a lighting upgrade from the Spooky side of things without having to look outside of what you are producing for us?

I don't have any issues with TNA lighting, probably because of the fact that TNA doesn't have an upper playfield or sculpts that covers up certain shots in the games. TNA is adequately lit imo. ACNC might benefit from mirror blades, not sure if there are any available for the game.

#5382 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

In the coin box.

Well that was helpful and a waste of thread space.... If you don't like add ons, that's fine, but if you don't have any helpful input why bother posting a response?

#5383 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I don't have any issues with TNA lighting, probably because of the fact that TNA doesn't have an upper playfield or sculpts that covers up certain shots in the games. TNA is adequately lit imo. ACNC might benefit from mirror blades, not sure if there are any available for the game.

If you look at my game pictures with the hated pinstadiums. That I guess have ruined my game. In someones opinion . My game has mirror blades.
They are available from spooky.
Magicchiz

#5384 5 years ago

I'm thinking for every down vote my posts get. I'm posting a Alice picture!

#5385 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I have the Alice figure I've attached a picture of and wondering if there is any place on the game that it would fit even if I had to cut the legs off (not a fan of the pseudo Simmons boots on this figure) as I don't have my game yet but trying to be proactive for when it arrives.
[quoted image]

He is pretty large, again just my opinion. I have him also. But found the other to be a better fit.
Magicchiz

#5386 5 years ago

Not quite getting why the upper area "seems dark" ... we did this to do all we can to get as much lighting as possible ABOVE the sculpts. We crammed GI in everywhere we possibly could.

But... I get it. We all have personal tastes, and I have no problem with that.

20190404_103731 (resized).jpg20190404_103731 (resized).jpg
#5387 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Not quite getting why the upper area "seems dark" ... we did this to do all we can to get as much lighting as possible ABOVE the sculpts. We crammed GI in everywhere we possibly could.
[quoted image]

Lots of people turn off their lights at home when playing pinball, so some games (most imo), become very hard to track the ball.

I always keep the lights on at my house and I have a very well lit game room. So yeah, I don’t have any issues with game lighting.

If you tried to play my genesis or big guns with the basement lights off, good luck. But lights on, no issues.

#5388 5 years ago

I actually find Alice to be their best lot up title to date and they added a bunch of light to the back of the game as well which really lights up the upper playfield nicely not to mention the game kicks ass

#5389 5 years ago

I played some AC yesterday on location and had no problems seeing or tracking the ball. The game seemed to be better lit than most newer games. The Stern Deadpool Pro a couple pins down was much harder to see and track the ball with all the red GI.

Just gotta say that AC is a really fun game and I really enjoy the new rules (especially regarding the modes). It's now a tough call between this and TNA for my favorite Spooky game!

#5390 5 years ago

I played Alice at TPF, expo and now with a friends game. Fun game. It's dark. My opinion is it is a better experience with better lighting, I put pinstadiums on my Rob Zombie, it was either that or sell it. Glad I did. I wont however go downvote every person who enjoys the additional lighting, seems pretty strange to go that far to feel better about your own opinion.

#5391 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Well that was helpful and a waste of thread space.... If you don't like add ons, that's fine, but if you don't have any helpful input why bother posting a response?

Where did my post say I was responding to you?

#5392 5 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I played Alice at TPF, expo and now with a friends game. Fun game. It's dark. My opinion is it is a better experience with better lighting, I put pinstadiums on my Rob Zombie, it was either that or sell it. Glad I did. I wont however go downvote every person who enjoys the additional lighting, seems pretty strange to go that far to feel better about your own opinion.

It's probably because pinstadiums have been spammed to death on so many threads that many of us are a bit fed up of the relentless marketing.

#5393 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

[quoted image]

IDK, but I love that spooky participates in this forum and listens to customer comments - makes me want to purchase one of their games

#5394 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's probably because pinstadiums have been spammed to death on so many threads that many of us are a bit fed up of the relentless marketing.

Fair enough, I have pinstadiums on a few games where its needed.. others they dont add much. We have some great options now in pinball we didnt have 10 yrs ago..

#5395 5 years ago

I dont have any pinstadiums and don't even know how they work. I went to the website and tried to read about them but gave up when there was so many options. I am not sure I would buy them but that being said I don't know what is the big deal about someone posting what they did to their game and trying to be helpful for others. I don't think he was spamming pinstadium or even singing their praises.

Also, I like to look at all the ACNC pics no matter what people do to their games. If someone wants to put a action figure on their $7000 toy then I guess that is their call. I just appreciate the pic even if that is not what I would do. I wouldn't give them a hard time about it.

#5396 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I know people like to shit on Pinstadium here but can we all be adults and be honest on what we are getting. This game is way too dark and needs a little extra lighting whether it be Pinstadium or Spooky just adding a kit upgrade. I have had people at my house constantly ask why my TNA is so much darker than my other games and it drives me nuts. Clearly this is a production staple of Spooky games since the same complaint has come from owners of Rob Zombie and Most Haunted. With that said spookycharlie is there something that can be done as a lighting upgrade from the Spooky side of things without having to look outside of what you are producing for us?

Weird...I have TNA sitting right next to a Metallica Premium and the only comment on TNA lighting I've ever had is, "It's like an orgasm for your eyes." I honestly think additional GI lighting would ruin the light show.

#5397 5 years ago

Exactly and every thread turns into an argument for or against them. Having said that...I bought 2 sets, installed one, gonna sell the other to some other sucker. Just not for me and I always forget to take them off before lifting the playfield. I bought a bunch of single spotlights for my games if I think they need more light. AC lighting is perfect to me and fits the theme. I like it Spooky.

#5398 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

"It's like an orgasm for your eyes."

#5399 5 years ago

I really wasn't trying to "promote" pinstadiums. I really wanted other to know. The difficulty in hooking them up to ACNC. It is not your normal GI and Flasher game.
The game is great, and that's not just me being a Alice Fan.... "So it's got to be good". I also don't think Charlie would want me to blow smoke up his butt. He deserves honest comments and answers. He is trying to make a better product. If you really look at the game. Spooky has come leaps and bounds. When you get your game just open it up and look.
There are still things I don't like. But man, talk about coming a long way. The proc menu is great. The servo video posted above really answered lots of questions about that. And fixed my ball getting caught issue. Thanks Charlie for posting that.
The game needed some tweeks. Every game does. Not everything goes together the same on these. Hell I had to tweek my munsters even more then this game. Flipper adjustments is mandatory, at least on mine it was.
Shots are still tight, but soooo stasfying when you hit them. This is not a cake walk game and will be a come back again and again game in a home setting.
You as a player have to learn the shots, they are not just cookie cutter shots in the same layout as other games. Errrr stern. This is truly a unique design and applaud Charlie for trying different things.
OK off my soapbox for now. Anybody got any real questions. Pm me or ask away. Or anyone want a certain picture of something, just ask.
Magicchiz

#5400 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I really wasn't trying to "promote" pinstadiums. I really wanted other to know. The difficulty in hooking them up to ACNC. It is not your normal GI and Flasher game.
The game is great, and that's not just me being a Alice Fan.... "So it's got to be good". I also don't think Charlie would want me to blow smoke up his butt. He deserves honest comments and answers. He is trying to make a better product. If you really look at the game. Spooky has come leaps and bounds. When you get your game just open it up and look.
There are still things I don't like. But man, talk about coming a long way. The proc menu is great. The servo video posted above really answered lots of questions about that. And fixed my ball getting caught issue. Thanks Charlie for posting that.
The game needed some tweeks. Every game does. Not everything goes together the same on these. Hell I had to tweek my munsters even more then this game. Flipper adjustments is mandatory, at least on mine it was.
Shots are still tight, but soooo stasfying when you hit them. This is not a cake walk game and will be a come back again and again game in a home setting.
You as a player have to learn the shots, they are not just cookie cutter shots in the same layout as other games. Errrr stern. This is truly a unique design and applaud Charlie for trying different things.
OK off my soapbox for now. Anybody got any real questions. Pm me or ask away. Or anyone want a certain picture of something, just ask.
Magicchiz

I was just trying to explain why you got downvotes - nothing to do with you. It's just the way they have been marketed.

As for the game - it's getting better and better with each code update.

By far, Spooky's best game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 300.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.