20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 114.
#5301 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Received the cash call email on Feb 2nd saying ready soon shipping in February. Delivered March 13th. #31 if that helps. After a year of waiting and other pin purchases I was happy to have a couple weeks to dig through the couches for some more money.

I had a lot of fun with your lineup this weekend, and I did my part to help replace the missing change in your couch!

#5302 5 years ago

I got a lot of couches

Quoted from JodyG:

I had a lot of fun with your lineup this weekend, and I did my part to help replace the missing change in your couch!

Woohoo! Thanks Jody. I was out of town or I would have bought you a shot of tequila. It's been great seeing people line up to wait to play ACNC, including myself. Might have to buy one of those discounted $300 spots and get back in line. Those people are gonna kick themselves for selling at a loss. Fools

#5303 5 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Hey Jeremy! I'm #343, so you can come over and play mine before you get yours if you get tired of waiting. Lol.

361 here! When is the party!? .

#5304 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

It's twitch culture vs. patience and I understand both perspectives but have less sympathy for the former . As a GenX-er who sells what are essentially toys to an increasing Millennial market who often expect us to sell things at a loss and ship them to outer nowhere at our loss/expense due to the current marketplace...we live in times that somebody who has lived through retail of the 70's through the 00's has difficulty understanding. The models and scale of almost all retail operations these days are baffling and intimidating, to say the least. Maybe everything will go to huge operations only/or small operations mainly...or maybe all retail internet and brick and mortar are due for a serious correction?
For me and ACNC, I'm middle aged and this is a gigantic luxury item. I'll never forget the 3 weeks I spent in Malawi Africa 12 years ago, that smacked me big time and - although I will never go back - I recommend a Third World visit to all Pinsiders. It will make you appreciate your box of music, flashing lights and toys even more...believe me.
Spooky is a tiny company and IMO for their size they are pulling off a Herculean task getting this out the door with solid code etc. I've been to 900+ population Benton, we missed Charlie for the pickup and just wandered into town and caught up with him randomly because our phones had no signal, got our game and went home.
Who can't be pulling for these guys?

I wasn't sure whether to up or downvote as a millennial patiently waiting for this game. I took a leap of faith on Spooky for my first NIB purchase, and I'm guessing in the long run I'll be very please with that leap. While I agree with you that our culture is far to tied to the "want it now, get it now" bs, there are still some of us who recognize that good things take time. Not all millennials are impatient little pr**ks, but yes, many are. Plus, we (the millennials) are the next generation who want to keep pinball going.

#5305 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

As a GenX-er who sells what are essentially toys to an increasing Millennial market who often expect us to sell things at a loss and ship them to outer nowhere at our loss/expense due to the current marketplace...we live in times that somebody who has lived through retail of the 70's through the 00's has difficulty understanding

I had no trouble understanding it - I’d been retailing for 25 years and in 2008-2010 I could see the writing on the wall for old fashioned “ma and pa” retail - so I bailed. Best thing I ever did.

PS - just received a note that the 4 New Zealand games are ready to hit the line. Nice.

PPS - I have a feeling Magicchiz will turn into MagicJizz when he gets his game. Excitement overload!

rd

#5306 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

PPS - I have a feeling Magiciz will turn into MagicJizz when he gets his game. Excitement overload!
rd

If you knew what he did for a living, you'd really call him that! He is beyond pumped for Alice #18... biggest Alice fan I know and I can't wait to beat on his game.

#5307 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

If you knew what he did for a living, you'd really call him that! He is beyond pumped for Alice #18... biggest Alice fan I know and I can't wait to beat on his game.

ok, now you've piqued my curiosity. Do tell!

#5308 5 years ago

#54 to be ready next week!

#5309 5 years ago

I was told 71 should be ready mid to late April at the latest

#5310 5 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I was told 71 should be ready mid to late April at the latest

Based on you and the #54 reply, they are only doing 1 game every 2 days or so. So I'm looking at ~4 months on #286 assuming no ramp up in production. So it's going to be a good July/August!

#5311 5 years ago

Alice is Home (#37) Also a shot of the RZ armor next to Alice (Alice has the thicker vein). I thought they would be the same, but the coat on Alice looks far more "Killer" in my opinion

EDIT: Does anyone know what the difference is between the 4 magnet save options? (Original/Pattern1-3)

20190329_002202.jpg20190329_002202.jpgAlice vs RZ coat.jpgAlice vs RZ coat.jpgezgif.com-video-to-gif.gifezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

#5312 5 years ago

Questions:
1) How are Spooky's balls? I'm trying not to laugh. But I hear all the time folks won't use Stern's supplied pinballs. Spooky is providing decent carbon pinballs (due to magnet) for this machine or I should use from elsewhere?

2) Do you ever put wax on before first ball or just play?

3) Anyone immediately putting down mylar in spots like shooter lane or scoop? Thinking that would require wax so mylar easily removed in future.

Your tips are appreciated. I've never had NIB before and want to do it right. Thanks!

#5313 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Questions:
1) How are Spooky's balls? I'm trying not to laugh. But I hear all the time folks won't use Stern's supplied pinballs. Spooky is providing decent carbon pinballs (due to magnet) for this machine or I should use from elsewhere?
2) Do you ever put wax on before first ball or just play?
3) Anyone immediately putting down mylar in spots like shooter lane or scoop? Thinking that would require wax so mylar easily removed in future.
Your tips are appreciated. I've never had NIB before and want to do it right. Thanks!

1) have new balls at the ready. Just compare them to the stock ones. If they look shiny and not obviously junk, use them.

2) wont hurt to wax right away especially cause you’re using Mylar to protect some areas.

3) I do outhole edge, shooter lane, and all scoop openings when I get a game.

#5314 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

The balls I got from Spooky looked perfect! I am a stickler with usually replacing any balls from manufacturer but they looked great when I got my game.

#5315 5 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Based on you and the #54 reply, they are only doing 1 game every 2 days or so. So I'm looking at ~4 months on #286 assuming no ramp up in production. So it's going to be a good July/August!

I have tickets to see Alice Cooper and Halestorm at the Grand Ole Opry on August 4th. My friends have a pool going on what will come first, the pin (#250) or the concert...I'm hoping for pin, but either way, it's going to be a great second half of 2019!

#5316 5 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I have tickets to see Alice Cooper and Halestorm at the Grand Ole Opry on August 4th. My friends have a pool going on what will come first, the pin (#250) or the concert...I'm hoping for pin, but either way, it's going to be a great second half of 2019!

Hell yeah!

#5317 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

ACNC #18 Butter, pickup this weekend!
Magicchiz

Looking forward to this!

#5318 5 years ago

First, best pinball vechicle. H2 hummer 2008.
Pinball plus kid in back.
Magicchiz

20190331_095313 (resized).jpg20190331_095313 (resized).jpg20190331_095354 (resized).jpg20190331_095354 (resized).jpg
#5319 5 years ago

Long story on quest for #18. Tribute to Alice Cooper's first hit single that put them on the map.

18 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg
#5320 5 years ago

For those asking about the speaker lights being coded in for the different monsters. Should be released in the next update.

123AF307-800B-47F5-B256-217C48A02788 (resized).jpeg123AF307-800B-47F5-B256-217C48A02788 (resized).jpeg

#5321 5 years ago

Here is number 18 being unwrapped. Before anyone goes crazy. I had my coin door shipped to Matt at back alley. He has the color code. Then it was shipped to Spooky like 6 months ago. So no the blue coin door is not stock, and Not available thru Spooky.
Sorry Matt you might get slammed now. It really looks good.
Thanks again go out to Spooky Pinball for everything.
The sound is great.
More to come
Magicchiz

20190331_195333 (resized).jpg20190331_195333 (resized).jpg20190331_201735 (resized).jpg20190331_201735 (resized).jpg20190331_201817 (resized).jpg20190331_201817 (resized).jpg20190331_202211 (resized).jpg20190331_202211 (resized).jpg20190331_202207 (resized).jpg20190331_202207 (resized).jpg20190331_203244 (resized).jpg20190331_203244 (resized).jpg20190331_201745 (resized).jpg20190331_201745 (resized).jpg20190331_202211 (resized).jpg20190331_202211 (resized).jpg

#5322 5 years ago

That's a great look, especially with the contract of the black coin mechs. If Spooky offered that, I'd probably pay for it, but the game still looks great with the black door, as shown off beautifully by scasey.

#5323 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Here is number 18 being unwrapped. Before anyone goes crazy. I had my coin door shipped to Matt at back alley. He has the color code. Then it was shipped to Spooky like 6 months ago. So no the blue coin door is not stock, and Not available thru Spooky.
Sorry Matt you might get slammed now. It really looks good.
Thanks again go out to Spooky Pinball for everything.
The sound is great.
More to come
Magicchiz

~ So happy for you to have finally received this!

I'd like to know what the colour (color) code is so that I could have this locally. Curious is this will be shared or if it is expected to be a 'secret', I hope not.

#5324 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

~ So happy for you to have finally received this!
I'd like to know what the colour (color) code is so that I could have this locally. Curious is this will be shared or if it is expected to be a 'secret', I hope not.

Do not know. Matt works with Spooky marking all of the kick ass stuff we see in the games. He also does great work on powder coating etc. I figure keep the business in the family of people that are bringing this great game to us. You would have to get with KT on anything else. My 2 cents, if you want it! Have Matt do it! Also #18 being a butter cab. I didnt want to be removing and re-attaching the coin door. So they had it before mine went on the line.
Magicchiz

#5325 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

EDIT: Does anyone know what the difference is between the 4 magnet save options? (Original/Pattern1-3)

Its to help with flinging the magnet. Depending on the pattern used, it will attempt to throw the ball sooner after it releases from the hold.

#5326 5 years ago

I decided to paint the graveyard. Took the before image from the thread gallery, but the original coloring on mine was the same.

acncpaint (resized).jpgacncpaint (resized).jpg

#5327 5 years ago

I put on about 10 games of ACNC last night since playing it at MGC last year. Overall I really enjoyed the game. The layout is a bit tight, but I found my shots without too much issue. I couldn't find any backhandle-able shots, which was a bummer. The artwork is definitely one of the best; cab, PF, backglass, all a pleasure to look at. The display is one of the best in pinball right now. I love the comic book style. I wish there was more time for me as a player to watch it!

I have two criticisms on this game. First is that the playfield lighting is really dark, which is a shame. I played at a location with windows and adequate ambient lighting, but it was still difficult to track the ball in the upper 1/3 of the playfield. Unfortunate since I do enjoy this game so much. The second is in the rules, in that if you aren't able to hit your orbits well enough to move rooms or start a monster, you were essentially stuck. I'm hoping part of it is due to early code and that the game will be supplemented with other objectives, but I had a couple games where I couldn't for the life of me hit the right orbit, and start a mode.

It may have been the game as well, but Im not sure if the center monster select targets were registering, because from what I thought, you can start a mode via secret passage? It wasn't lit, so I didn't know.

Overall, I could see myself owning this game at some point. I think this game would benefit from some spotlights (or I never thought I would say this...but Pinstadiums...ugh, it hurts) and I love the direction the game is going with the rules. I hope the rules are more robust in that it doesn't lock you into having to hit 2 or 3 shots and that it doesn't lock you into a monster mode. I think having a mode on a timer is a good concession for not locking a less-skilled player (like myself) in. Sorry for the long post. Happy flippin'!

#5328 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I couldn't find any backhandle-able shots, which was a bummer. The artwork is definitely one of the best; cab, PF, backglass, all a pleasure to look at. The display is one of the best in pinball right now. I love the comic book style. I wish there was more time for me as a player to watch it!
I have two criticisms on this game. First is that the playfield lighting is really dark, which is a shame. I played at a location with windows and adequate ambient lighting, but it was still difficult to track the ball in the upper 1/3 of the playfield. Unfortunate since I do enjoy this game so much. The second is in the rules, in that if you aren't able to hit your orbits well enough to move rooms or start a monster, you were essentially stuck. I'm hoping part of it is due to early code and that the game will be supplemented with other objectives, but I had a couple games where I couldn't for the life of me hit the right orbit, and start a mode.

The TPF tutorial video shows backhands to the left spinner, left ramp, inner loop, Crypt lock, and right ramp. The spinner and right ramp backhands can vary game to game, but the others should be pretty viable. The left ramp backhand is especially fun and dangerous.

You don't need a right orbit to advance to a monster, unless it's on really old code. Shoot a left orbit to lock in the monster, then the center target bank to activate the secret passage. Also, try aiming for the metal rail on the right side instead of the orbit shot; you may find it easier?

#5329 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The lighting is a little dark, but I have mine in a home setting and it’s fine. Plus there is great use of the RGB GI that could be diluted with add on lighting.

With the most up to date code there are three ways to start monster modes. You can advance through the rooms by hitting orbits until you reach the monster. The second is the secret passage, which is lit at the inner left orbit. You can activate the secret passage with one of the skill shots. You can also activate it by hitting the center stand up bank 3 times after you’ve locked in a monster by hitting the first orbit shot. Prior to locking in the monster the center stand up bank will rotate though the monsters on each hit until you hit an orbit to advance to the first room. The third way is to light the mystery award by hitting the scoop immediately to the left of the center stand up bank. Then you hit the far left scoop to collect the mystery award. I find that most of the time the award is advance to monster. Also the third ball will automatically start a monster mode on the plunge if you hadn’t already started one during the first two balls.

I just received my game on Friday, but so far I think it’s incredible and well worth the wait. I want to give it more time before I write up any kind of review or detailed thoughts.

#5330 5 years ago

local place has ACNC and Oktoberfest.

Ben Heck and I went and played a bunch of games last night.
Safe to say, we both decided ACNC is the clear winner (not that it is a competition, but WOW! what a difference in game play. Both are fun to shoot but ACNC is the whole package and code is so much better than last time I played it).

Nice job Bowen on gettin this code rocking! It was also amazing to compare the art and animations on the 2 side by side.

Art really does sell games and it was obvious from watching route players what they choose and how art draws people in.

#5331 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I decided to paint the graveyard. Took the before image from the thread gallery, but the original coloring on mine was the same.
[quoted image]

What kind of paints did you use? This looks great

#5332 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I put on about 10 games of ACNC last night since playing it at MGC last year. Overall I really enjoyed the game. The layout is a bit tight, but I found my shots without too much issue. I couldn't find any backhandle-able shots, which was a bummer. The artwork is definitely one of the best; cab, PF, backglass, all a pleasure to look at. The display is one of the best in pinball right now. I love the comic book style. I wish there was more time for me as a player to watch it!
It may have been the game as well, but Im not sure if the center monster select targets were registering, because from what I thought, you can start a mode via secret passage? It wasn't lit, so I didn't know.
Overall, I could see myself owning this game at some point. I think this game would benefit from some spotlights (or I never thought I would say this...but Pinstadiums...ugh, it hurts) and I love the direction the game is going with the rules. I hope the rules are more robust in that it doesn't lock you into having to hit 2 or 3 shots and that it doesn't lock you into a monster mode. I think having a mode on a timer is a good concession for not locking a less-skilled player (like myself) in. Sorry for the long post. Happy flippin'!

I'm just planning on pinstadiums. The art on the playfield is so cool it needs to be lit up for all to see the detail.

#5333 5 years ago

New code update.

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

2/APR/2019 V1.0.6.19
General - left ramp no longer controls how the frank lock works
General - lower lane light logic wasn't updating properly
General - Frenzy mode indicator added to all modes when in frenzy
General - Super skillshot animation was being overridden by room travel transition
General - mystery "get to left scoop" quote was being activated while in a monster mode when it shouldnt be
General - speaker light kit integration
General - match boost option added
General - Extra ball collected animation added
General - Female 1st player start character added
General - Lower magnet patterns added to help grab ball sooner after release
General - Frank + Crypt mode end could cause flippers to drop
Frank - lock stays closed on mode end, but reopens on any lower playfield switch hit
Frank - multi ball save added back in on mode start
Frank - Releasing from lock on match would add points to player one
BDB - Wizard mode added
Igor - Main loop animation updated
Igor - Mode lights were not updating properly
Igor - Mode objective light stays on instead of going off to help add more light
Wolf - Mode lights wouldn't update properly on start
Insects - Forcing only one of the mode select targets to be an insect
Zombie - mode callouts added
Pit Creature - middle mode objective light would not update properly when not found
Ethyl - Flasher/mode light alternate when you need to drop in from behind lock

#5334 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

The TPF tutorial video shows backhands to the left spinner, left ramp, inner loop, Crypt lock, and right ramp. The spinner and right ramp backhands can vary game to game, but the others should be pretty viable. The left ramp backhand is especially fun and dangerous.
You don't need a right orbit to advance to a monster, unless it's on really old code. Shoot a left orbit to lock in the monster, then the center target bank to activate the secret passage. Also, try aiming for the metal rail on the right side instead of the orbit shot; you may find it easier?

I will certainly have to play more games and try to find those shots! I certainly see this game shining in a home environment where I would have more freedom to explore and truly understand the rules and mode progression. The last time I played it was at MGC last year, so it's had some time to bake since then, and it is definitely turning into something that is a standout. The game was set up a little more shallow than I care to play as well, which is something that I had to adjust to in the first couple games. In all, I would not discount this as a game I would buy. I think in a home environment where you could really explore and experiment, it would be a winner.

Put up my initials for score #3, so not too bad

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

What kind of paints did you use? This looks great

Acrylic with a matte clear Added a slightly better photo for color (various mixed yellow and green shades for the grass). Went with a Black coffin to better differentiate from a mound of dirt and figure it goes with the vampire. Adding the dirt path between seemed fitting to me as well.

20190402_113534 (resized).jpg20190402_113534 (resized).jpg
#5336 5 years ago

Got the call to submit balance on #89 yesterday. In the past, that’s meant my machine is about 3-4 weeks away from delivery.

#5337 5 years ago

Not in front of my game right now but how do you do the code updates on ACNC? Last ones I did was for Rob Zombie awhile back but assume this one will be different?

#5338 5 years ago

Download the code on to a USB drive (code is only about 1.7 gig). With the game off, plug USB in (there are two USB ports just to the left of another cable that looks like its a USB). Reboot. Game will come up and say it's updating code. This can be done by taking off just the glass, no need to take off speaker panel.

#5339 5 years ago

Who here has installed pinstadium on your game?
With all rgb, where are you hooking the GI and flasher.
Magicchiz

#5340 5 years ago

Is the TPF tutorial video uploaded to YouTube? Tried looking for it but could only find the Melbourne Silverball upload where Bowen blows the game up to 700 mil, which in itself is a clinic.

#5341 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is the TPF tutorial video uploaded to YouTube? Tried looking for it but could only find the Melbourne Silverball upload where Bowen blows the game up to 700 mil, which in itself is a clinic.

I like the Silverball version better just because you can see the playfield and the display better. The TPF tut is a must as well even if it is just to see the death save!

#5342 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Bowen makes all the shots in the Melbourne stream. You just have to watch long enough for him to down the 5 cokes/fireballs & wake up. It was really amazing to see how exhausted he was and then...Boom! The power of the silverball kicks in and he's unstoppable. He's not even calling his shots because the other guys are like yeah yeah yeah. Sac rack camaraderie at it's finest. I'm still not sure how he backhands that spinner from a trap at will. Seems impossible on mine but the left ramp and secret passage are so rewarding and the crypt lock is a pretty slick shot from the right flipper. There's just lots of opportunities to get creative with your play in this game. I'm totally digging it.

#5343 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/400129332

go to 1:54

#5344 5 years ago

Thank you! I didn't think to check Twitch. I'll have to watch it tonight. I love magical saves!

#5345 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

local place has ACNC and Oktoberfest.

Thanks for the shout out!

ACNC code updated and ready for our Craft Beer Pinball League meetup tonight!

#5346 5 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Thanks for the shout out!
ACNC code updated and ready for our Craft Beer Pinball League meetup tonight!

To expound, the games are located at Blue Moon Bar and Grill in Madison, WI.

Jim is a good dude! We'll be there again soon to get more games in on both ACNC and OKT. I'll have to work on my backhand shots

#5347 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:I'll have to work on my backhand shots

Me too. I'm hoping I'll be able to backhand that spinner after I install the new code today.

#5348 5 years ago

Encouraged by the TPF video...looks like some neat features. I did note many tight shots by bowen where the ball didn't quite make it through....I know play better, but are there any post adjustments or it is what it is?

#5349 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Me too. I'm hoping I'll be able to backhand that spinner after I install the new code today.

I have adjusted my flippers. From factory it was pretty hard to hit outer orbits, which is a ton of the game.

My suggestion is drop your flippers some from factory.
Magicchiz

#5350 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I have adjusted my flippers. From factory it was pretty hard to hit outer orbits, which is a ton of the game.
My suggestion is drop your flippers some from factory.
Magicchiz

In your case where did you go from / to ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/107?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.