20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 114.
#5151 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

From the production image earlier...ACNCs still headed out the door with Lemi cut outs in them? They are a nice touch.

May have answered my own question. These appear to be just temporary parts during assembly...

AB451345-FFA4-4437-83D7-197DE19CC340 (resized).pngAB451345-FFA4-4437-83D7-197DE19CC340 (resized).png
#5152 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My $550 for BCRF still stands.
Or, I'll match another $1k if Charlie wants to send my deposit to BCRF.

Not sure why Charlie should send your deposit to charity? If you sell it at a reduced rate Spooky still breaks even or am I missing something?

#5153 5 years ago

Great job on the game and code. Fun game to play.

#5154 5 years ago

Will anyone be bringing one or two to MGC this year? Was hoping to get more time on it. My wife loves it and wants one, but I want to get more plays on it first.

#5155 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What number are they on here? Even if they are only doing 6 per week they should have like 70 out the door by now.
Anyway, excited to flip this at TPF to see the new code.

There was quite a stretch of crazy weather there which delayed production.

Quite happy to not have had to go through that bad spell over here.

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

May have answered my own question. These appear to be just temporary parts during assembly...
[quoted image]

What's a Lemi cut out?

#5157 5 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

What's a Lemi cut out?

Referring to the ghost cutout in the back box hinges...nice touch and looks sharp.

5C9E5897-B0F9-4C0C-8413-7CFCBBBE6507 (resized).png5C9E5897-B0F9-4C0C-8413-7CFCBBBE6507 (resized).png
#5158 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Referring to the ghost cutout in the back box hinges...nice touch and looks sharp.
[quoted image]

I got the "Lemi" ghost cut outs on mine as well.
I'm such a lucky duck

GettyImages-85513871 (resized).jpgGettyImages-85513871 (resized).jpg
#5159 5 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Will anyone be bringing one or two to MGC this year? Was hoping to get more time on it. My wife loves it and wants one, but I want to get more plays on it first.

I'll have at least one in my booth, hopefully more.

#5160 5 years ago

Ghost cut-out/edging should be a thing on all future hinges! Nice touch, saying its a Spooky!

#5161 5 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

You can come and play mine , if you’d like to get some time in on one in a home setting.

#5162 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Not sure why Charlie should send your deposit to charity? If you sell it at a reduced rate Spooky still breaks even or am I missing something?

Well I'm not buying this game now. My mistake. This locked in deposit strategy has worked this one time. Not gonna happen again.

So he can keep it.

#5163 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I'm not buying this game now. My mistake. This locked in deposit strategy has worked this one time. Not gonna happen again.
So he can keep it.

Musketd was looking to buy a spot at a reduced price . You were selling your spot at a reduced price . You could sell your spot to him and recover some of your deposit .

#5164 5 years ago

Just got word mine shipped out yesterday, excited to get this bad boy home and rocking!

#5165 5 years ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to Spooky (Charlie and Katie) for the tour of the facility 2 weeks ago. I went with my friend to pick up his Alice (I'm down the list so will eventually be picking mine up as well). Absolutely the best people in the business and you couldn't ask for a better hands on company. I've had fantastic service with my Rob Zombie (tech help emails on a Sunday night!). Good luck getting this personalized service and personal interaction from another company. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend future business with Spooky and look forward to future titles.

#5166 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Musketd was looking to buy a spot at a reduced price . You were selling your spot at a reduced price . You could sell your spot to him and recover some of your deposit .

My spot has been listed in the marketplace, crickets except for $350 offer. I guess that's about where the market is right now.

#5167 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Just got word mine shipped out yesterday, excited to get this bad boy home and rocking!

What #?

#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My spot has been listed in the marketplace, crickets except for $350 offer. I guess that's about where the market is right now.

Sounds like there are not going to be too many regrets at 350 let alone 600 regardless of how good this game will be... I'm not quite at the point of selling my deposit at a loss but...... WOW just WOW..

#5170 5 years ago

So all 500 units are still shipping 18 months after TPF 2018? Only 6 months left. I don't see that happening. Or was this timeframe adjusted?

#5171 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So all 500 units are still shipping 18 months after TPF 2018? Only 6 months left. I don't see that happening. Or was this timeframe adjusted?

Timeline has always been by the end of 2019.

#5172 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Ok got it. So at current run rates they will only get another 246 out the door by then, totaling ~300. I am sure production will ramp up.

#5173 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok got it. So at current run rates they will get another 246 out the door by then. I am sure production will ramp up.

I think they were getting around 15 TNAs out a week at one point.

#5174 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

It wasn’t supposed to be back end loaded like that.

They “promised” to begin shipping last June after taking deposits

That would have me #164 around Halloween time based on their own schedule

I’ve bought several other games since then

The extreme delay isn’t what I bargained for

I def won’t ever do it again

It’s all good! Just waiting it out

#5175 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It should be a good used market.

#5176 5 years ago

The number is somewhat helpful but which options did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking?

#5177 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The number is somewhat helpful but which options did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking?

No special options like butter cabinet. I had custom powdercoat blue(or purple...honestly I can't even remember what color it is right now ), I was told they had some delays recently with waiting on some powdercoating or it would have gone out sooner but appears they got that sorted out and faster than they estimated even.
I have always stood behind Spooky and their commitment to customers and making awesome games, they have always been honest when giving me expectations and especially on support for their games. I think you'll see production ramp up and games flying out much faster now. I'm the least patient person in the world when it comes to things like this so I feel for those down the line but I think it will be worth the wait and excited to see us all get our games.

#5178 5 years ago

@bemmett, curious is all. We are getting close as well (#48), but it is will the options including butter so that has caused delays as well.

You're right on with the hardware colour, I thought that they only had scary blue but some of the photos seem to also have a purple.

#5179 5 years ago

Just a word of advice, relax all you fellow buyers with deposits in. This is the same situation us TNA buyers faced. Very, very slow start that eventually ramped up to a steady pace. At the beginning TNA trickled out to locations and to folks willing to unbox at shows. Lots of folks sold their spots, some for less than cost. But once production ramped up, games and deposits sold for cost or above cost once it got out there and was played. ACNC is one of the most unique games I've ever played. I'm a mode based game person and can't wait to have it in my home. Yes, the wait is killing me too. But I'm confident in what I will be getting.

#5180 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just a word of advice, relax all you fellow buyers with deposits in. This is the same situation us TNA buyers faced. Very, very slow start that eventually ramped up to a steady pace. At the beginning TNA trickled out to locations and to folks willing to unbox at shows. Lots of folks sold their spots, some for less than cost. But once production ramped up, games and deposits sold for cost or above cost once it got out there and was played. ACNC is one of the most unique games I've ever played. I'm a mode based game person and can't wait to have it in my home. Yes, the wait is killing me too. But I'm confident in what I will be getting.

Sounds good... TNA is a different beast.

#5181 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sounds good... TNA is a different beast.

Totally different game and how it came to be, but I was just comparing the rollout, which unfortunately, is a very similar situation. Hard to be patient in the world we live in today.

#5182 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Totally different game and how it came to be, but I was just comparing the rollout, which unfortunately, is a very similar situation. Hard to be patient in the world we live in today.

Patience is a virtue!

#5183 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Patience is a virtue!

One which few seem to have in this hobby ....

rd

#5184 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

[quoted image]

We are restocking the ghost hinge panels to light up these hinges. These are the same hinges as TNA.
We expect the panels early April. Hoomedonpinball.com

#5185 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hoomedonpinball.com

Hookedonpinball.com

#5186 5 years ago

I got plenty of patience and am sympathetic to problems that can happen, I don’t like being misled.

D307F809-D719-412A-98A4-0D655D63652E (resized).jpegD307F809-D719-412A-98A4-0D655D63652E (resized).jpeg

#5187 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can probably get your deposit back if you want to take it the the next level and let a judge decide. Spooky has yet to fulfill their end of the contract and are way past implied dates.

#5188 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I got plenty of patience and am sympathetic to problems that can happen, I don’t like being misled.

I won't be a buyer with this type of pricing model again. It works well for the company but not for the buyer. The buyer is effectively the bank and gives an interest free loan to the company. The company can not pay back people dropping out and wanting their deposits back as those funds have been used to run the company and buy inventory. If you read above it says "goal" and "aiming". Those words soften the commitment.

I am also not a fan of if you are a previous Spooky buyer you get to go to the front of the line. I am happy for them and maybe they should be rewarded but maybe throw in free speaker lights if you bought all Spooky games or some money off if you bought 2 games etc. I think if you wanted the game and you jumped in right away and put a deposit down that should be reward enough. You should welcome all new customers.

I am still excited for the game and look forward to getting in a year or so but it will be interesting if they can keep this pricing model going for the next game. Who knows maybe I will be retired when my game ships and they will give me more time to play it.

#5189 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

@bemmett, curious is all. We are getting close as well (#48), but it is will the options including butter so that has caused delays as well.
You're right on with the hardware colour, I thought that they only had scary blue but some of the photos seem to also have a purple.

This hardware color confusion was my fault, i took a pic of temporary line hinges...disregard any “real” purple

Quoted from HOOKED:

We are restocking the ghost hinge panels to light up these hinges. These are the same hinges as TNA.
We expect the panels early April. Hoomedonpinball.com

Took a look. Seems neat. Maybe offer a combo with the rail power supply as It is a req.?

#5190 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

[quoted image]

TNA exploded and they had to make over 500 of those games. Technically they are on month 10 (June 2018-March 2019) of an 18 month project to build ACNC. I can see if you were maybe number 275 then month 10 would be your timeframe if everything came out equally each month.

I feel for spooky. It’s hard being boutique sized and trying to get quality games out quickly while also keeping the business sustainable. The happy thing now is that the shop is all ACNC everyday. Yours is coming!

#5191 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

TNA exploded and they had to make over 500 of those games. Technically they are on month 10 (June 2018-March 2019) of an 18 month project to build ACNC. I can see if you were maybe number 275 then month 10 would be your timeframe if everything came out equally each month.
I feel for spooky. It’s hard being boutique sized and trying to get quality games out quickly while also keeping the business sustainable. The happy thing now is that the shop is all ACNC everyday. Yours is coming!

ACNC was not done yet!!! They went the PROC, changed lighting, brought on a new coder, sourced new ramp manufacturing, and other stuff. The first out to the museums and bars have been tested before ours are built...The most field and play tested game they have EVER made.

As far as i tell it has not been “sittin”

#5192 5 years ago

BTW Lance i’m with you. Not yelling at you lol

#5193 5 years ago

No sweat. I was not aware of all those changes. I do feel for those that put a grand down and are waiting a year later. But at least we’ll be getting spookys best attempt at the game?

#5194 5 years ago

No sweat. I was not aware of all those changes. I do feel for those that put a grand down and are waiting a year later. But at least we’ll be getting spookys best attempt at the game?</blockquote

Sounds like it!

#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just a word of advice, relax all you fellow buyers with deposits in. This is the same situation us TNA buyers faced.

Maybe similar, but not the same situation.
TNA was played for months both at festivals and on stream and that is what got people hooked. The game rocked. And that is why Charly wanted it. The game existed first, then came the hype based on its merits.

ACNC is the other way around. Hype first. Presale and unrefundable deposits first. Then hardly any streams, no showings.

Once streams started all saw that this is not a great shooter and has next to no toys. Now some want out. And can't as unlike TNA no one is interested in getting other people's slots.

TNA slots were sold at a huge premium here on Pinside, ACNC slots cannot even be given away or seems (Ice)

#5196 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Once streams started all saw that this is not a great shooter and has next to no toys. Now some want out. And can't as unlike TNA no one is interested in getting other people's slots.

Imo that’s on the people that jumped in early. Don’t jump in early unless you’re willing to deal with the risks. Why not wait until they are all produced then get one? There will be plenty available. And you’ll have all that time to play it, see it, to decide if you really want it or not.

#5197 5 years ago

They have been up front with the non-refundable deposit and Charlie urged people not to put down a deposit unless they were sure about it. A lot of folks got sucked into the hype wagon. I personally waited and played later code at Pincincinatti where I put about 20 games on it with my son. I got lucky and found an early spot that was unsold by a distributor. And, being a previous TNA buyer, knew I was in for a wait. And knew that Spooky's dates are usually way too optimistic. But the game was great in Cincinnati and looks to be even better. I agree that the upgraded tech and coding will be worth it.

#5198 5 years ago

Same. Been watching development over past one year, played at pincinnati and loved it, then swooped in when someone wanted to sell their spot. I believe ice’s spot will sell. There just currently isn’t an enthusiastic buyer wanting to put money down on a number that might not have delivery until mid summer. As spooky gets over the 100+ threshold it will sell. Or if someone at an upcoming show loves it they will buy the spot.

#5199 5 years ago

I think the interest will pick up with TPF, MGC combined with more games coming out at a hopefully quicker pace. At the end of the day, I'm not worried because I know what I'm getting. Just hate to see criticism, especially from those that have no stake in the game. This is a small, family business run by good folks. For those with deposits in, I understand your frustration. But they have always delivered.

#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

But they have always delivered.

Those of us still waiting on a finished RZ may beg to differ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 20.00
$ 14.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/104?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.