20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 114.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

75 white LEDs requires 75 drivers. 75 RGB LEDs will need 225 drivers and the extra wiring. The costs add up quick.

Ya...but it sure looks SEXY! Where and when do I send my money?
-Mike

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

75 white LEDs requires 75 drivers. 75 RGB LEDs will need 225 drivers and the extra wiring. The costs add up quick.

I don't think it works like that.. It's my understanding modern RGB drivers use advanced matrix to send color data.

Hell even if I'm wrong, you can buy an arduino uno board for $22 that should be able to handle instructions for at least 64 individually addressable LEDs. If Stern's electrical department took out unnecessary components it would probably be closer to $15.

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's the kind of new blood and fresh thinking we need in pinball.

Great placement of a pop bumper and amazing light show from it. Thank you.

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The game looks amazing and fun as hell! That's the kind of new blood and fresh thinking we need in pinball. Would love to see this game be made by Spooky in the future!

I second that.
Gotta love the mix of modern music and 80s sound effects, an LCD *plus* alphanumeric score displays (that's genius and a far cry from the usual bean counter approach - then again, it's a one-off).
Even the playfield layout screams retro. Love it. ^^

#455 7 years ago

total annihilate my bank account. so freaking sweet.

#456 7 years ago

Total Annihilation looks DOPE! I love the retro, single layer approach. If these were ever to be produced, I'm not sure I see the cost-benefit of the LCD (which was pretty under-utilized) and the numeric displays. It's kind of a cool retro thing as a one-off to have the extra displays, but I would think the scores could be incorporated into the LCD if this ever got picked up for mass production.

Even though I'm in on Rob Zombie, this seems like what Spooky was initially going for with Pinball Zombies / RZ. I think Scott just out-Spookied Spooky. They seem like a perfect match for a future game.

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't think it works like that.. It's my understanding modern RGB drivers use advanced matrix to send color data.

TA uses PD-LED boards which are direct drive - ie. they control each LED individually. They aren't serial chains like in WOZ.

I'm pretty sure TA holds the record for the number of PD-LED boards - eight I think? Don't kid yourself, TA would be as expensive to build as a multi-level game. But I think a run of 100 would be possible given the current market.

#458 7 years ago

Sorry to ask but what is total annihilation?

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Scott Danesi's homebrew game . It is awesome!
www.scottdanesi.com

#460 7 years ago

#461 7 years ago

That's pretty awesome. Probably the best home brew pin I've seen yet.

#462 7 years ago

Other than the girl singing "Go, go, go, go" (reminding me of Evanescence for some reason) getting annoying relatively quickly, this game is freaking awesome. Congrats Scott. What an awesome layout. That pop bumper is so strong and what a unique placement. The reactor building light show is so cool. Drool.

1 week later
#463 7 years ago

Has this thread already gone through an H.P. Lovecraft speculation cycle? I'm still putting my money on Elvira but, just saying, HP Lovecraft would be my dream pin (maybe not with these non-slap-save-friendly button shrouds though).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

HP Lovecraft would be my dream pin

What, and where is this pinball???

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What, and where is this pinball???

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-machine-wrath-of-cthulhu

Pretty sure i begged Charlie at sfge last year to do Lovecraft. Probably will never happen, but if it did, it would be one of the very few themes I'd "throw money at."

#466 7 years ago

Thanks nman!
Appreciate the link.
That is perhaps the coolest cabinet I've ever seen.

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That is perhaps the coolest cabinet I've ever seen.

They need to do something about that coindoor though. Maybe brass coloring?

#469 7 years ago

Hi,
Can so tell me fairly what is the building quality? I have never seen a spooky game, I may be interested in AMH and I would to know if it does not feel cheap or if the quality is close Stern or JPP or B/W.
Thanks

#470 7 years ago

I own a Rob Zombie and I would say the quality is good, maybe not quite Williams good but better than Stern. Never played an AMH.

#471 7 years ago

Hi,
Can so tell me fairly what is the building quality? I have never seen a spooky game, I may be interested in AMH and I would to know if it does not feel cheap or if the quality is close Stern or JPP or B/W.
Thanks

It doesn't feel cheap. But it does feel different!

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I'm still putting my money on Elvira

KT shot this down. She told me the new Elvira is not their game. Elvira 3 looks inevitable, so it will probably be a Whizbang title.
Still curious about about the next Spooky game though.

#473 7 years ago

Hi,
Thanks

The quality is excellent. I have owned AMH for over a year and love it. Just got RZ 3 days ago.
Great game. Seems like Quality construction.While the overall feel is slightly different than
B-W/Stern ,I like it and I'm very picky about adding machines to my collection. Basically, I would have no reservation to purchase the next release or any of the other Spooky pinballs. It is Real Pinball.

#474 6 years ago

"At The Texas Pinball Festival... you might want to stay to the end of the "Things That Go Bump In the Night" movie premiere / Q&A! "

spook (resized).jpgspook (resized).jpg

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

"At The Texas Pinball Festival... you might want to stay to the end of the "Things That Go Bump In the Night" movie premiere / Q&A! "

Saw this on FB. Came here to read the rampant speculation on what this image tells us... and crickets. Come on Pinside! Tell me who's hand that is!?

#476 6 years ago

"Shocking" and apparently lightning or electricity going into fingertips... Frankenstein? Storm from X-Men? Count Dooku?

#477 6 years ago

Maybe it's Nikola Tesla's Shocking Pinball Adventure, complete with tesla coil wired into the flipper buttons to punish you for missing shots.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Maybe it's Nikola Tesla's Shocking Pinball Adventure, complete with tesla coil wired into the flipper buttons to punish you for missing shots.

Now you're thinking. I immediately thought of Lightening Reaction:

Lightening ReactionLightening Reaction

https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Reaction-Reloaded-Shocking-Game/dp/B0006B2Q50

Which is a fantastic party game if you've never tried it. Having the flipper buttons or lockdown bar give you a little jolt for a bricked shot would certainly be an innovation.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That would be cool , Ben Heck was working on a Tesla v Edison game a few years ago . He was working on it around the same time he started AMH ,Last I heard he had abandoned the project .

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Come on Pinside! Tell me who's hand that is!?

Moses.. bible adventures was being worked on this whole time!

moses (resized).jpgmoses (resized).jpg

#481 6 years ago

Maybe they're finally making my dream pin... MEATLOAF!

#482 6 years ago

That has to be playfield artwork (right?). Tesla would be a super cool theme. I'd probably do it in a steampunk / alternative history style; but I'd be interested to see what direction Charlie, Ben, and team would take it. Man, I just have to say even just thinking about these games is super fun.

#483 6 years ago

Wait am I confused or stupid or both, I thought I had an e-mail from KT saying their new game would not be announced at TPF? Is that changing now?

#484 6 years ago

Another timeless theme based on another classic movie.

shocker (resized).jpgshocker (resized).jpg

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Never saw this one, but I always thought the guy on the poster looked a lot like Steve Martin. I don't imagine that was the vibe they were going for though.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is assistant director "Skinner".....

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I always thought the guy on the poster looked a lot like Steve Martin.

He is actually the same guy that played Skinner on x-files.

edit- beat me by one second.

#488 6 years ago

Are we still guessing?

#489 6 years ago

Rocky Horror Picture Show lol!

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Are we still guessing?

Yes we are here to endlessly guess and speculate. Well, at least until the official announcement.

#492 6 years ago

Just a guess

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#493 6 years ago

Um yes. I am hoping for Evil Dead as opposed to this Army of Darkness nonsense.

#494 6 years ago

I've heard army of darkness elsewhere.

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Um yes. I am hoping for Evil Dead as opposed to this Army of Darkness nonsense.

I hear ya, but for me one or the other is better than neither.

#496 6 years ago

Picture is very similar to one posted.
Please
Please
Please
Please!!!!!

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I've heard army of darkness elsewhere.

Groovy

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Now that would be "Paradise"...

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Quoted from Jazman:

Now that would be "Paradise"...

Another clue from Spooky. They post a picture showing what...a "dashboard" and "light".

17349883_1375328299195060_1230644868489211755_o (resized).jpg17349883_1375328299195060_1230644868489211755_o (resized).jpg

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Another clue from Spooky. They post a picture showing what...a "dashboard" and "light".

That's not a clue, that's just a picture they took to show they are on their way to TPF.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.