(Topic ID: 212390)

Spooky Kosmic Khaos coming?

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dead-space-3-41 (resized).jpg
    dead_space_wall-dead-space-3686834-1280-800 (resized).jpg
    slack-imgs (resized).jpg
    sin-a-mound (resized).jpg
    sheboygan-hard_rolls-744873 (resized).jpg
    jetspin (resized).jpg
    Kosmic Khaos (resized).jpg
    roll (resized).jpg
    9d6c00f00bcaa5be7fcc3247758ccc1f244c2415 (resized).jpg
    8716820C-BBD4-48E5-A800-BD8BE173584E (resized).jpeg
    26D924D6-070E-4FBE-A1C8-3C7418626458 (resized).jpeg
    D6FEA707-41C1-4B6C-818A-56E2F01BF8AF (resized).jpeg
    6B76D5EA-9E59-47DD-B2E7-BA0AE3D52159 (resized).jpeg
    5AB0D669-68C6-4A16-AB98-707FA3D6798E (resized).jpeg
    2812D7E0-45FA-432F-BE3A-C9E9805729DF (resized).jpeg
    AE920447-F2C8-4537-A358-2A43EFC4DFD4 (resized).jpeg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

roll (resized).jpgroll (resized).jpg

#52 6 years ago

I can only imagine what Charlie is thinking right about now ... "Damn, you print a cabinet for some guy and people lose their damn minds"

#53 6 years ago

An empty box...riveting.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

An empty box...riveting.

Hey, it worked for j-pop.

#56 6 years ago

Also Mark Ritchie knows a thing or two about pinball design. This will at least shoot right.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

An empty box...riveting.

At least Charlie puts out a game(s).

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

At least Charlie puts out a game(s).

You mean like real games, or empty boxes?

#59 6 years ago

I’m assuming that there is some sort of copyright issue as to why that can’t use the correct spelling of the words Cosmic and Chaos?

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from VegasMike:

I’m assuming that there is some sort of copyright issue as to why that can’t use the correct spelling of the words Cosmic and Chaos?

They probably didn't want the same initials as Cactus Canyon (kidding).

It's probably just an artistic choice; I seriously doubt there's a copyright issue.

#61 6 years ago

I see some similarities in backglass here. Maybe Kosmic Khaos will have a roto-target also. LOL

Kosmic Khaos (resized).jpgKosmic Khaos (resized).jpg

jetspin (resized).jpgjetspin (resized).jpg

#62 6 years ago

selling the sizzle ...

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

An empty box...riveting.

Think of it like a movie teaser, it's just to build excitement. Personally I love the art and theme, so this one is on my radar now.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Think of it like a movie teaser,

Thought they were teasing with that topper

#65 6 years ago

That's not a roll.
    That's a roll.

A Sheboygan hardroll.

sheboygan-hard_rolls-744873 (resized).jpgsheboygan-hard_rolls-744873 (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago

Look Wisconson you already have the whole "cheese" thing going on....you're not getting rolls also.

#67 6 years ago

A roll thread. I'll nominate the Sinsinawa Bakery for "official roll". Made by nuns and only 15 minutes away from Spooky Pinball.

sin-a-mound (resized).jpgsin-a-mound (resized).jpg

https://www.sinsinawa.org/bakery/

#68 6 years ago

If there’s one thing Pinside loves it’s wordplay.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Look Wisconson you already have the whole "cheese" thing going on....you're not getting rolls also.

Not Wisconsin. Sheboygan. Don't forget da double bratwurst wit da works der eh

#70 6 years ago

do these guys even sleep?! awesome

#71 6 years ago

Art and style reminds me a lot of Jupiter Crush.

Jupiter CrushJupiter Crush

I'll be honest, the artwork doesn't blow me away - lacks depth, the drawing is very stiff looking and the colours are quite muted. Just my opinion.

#72 6 years ago

So, did this game get mentioned at Spooky's seminar? Everyone seems to be focused on ACNC (which looks awesome BTW).

I'm curious to see if this will be their next game or if this is just some weird promotional thing. I think the theme and artwork look really interesting.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbaltz:

So, did this game get mentioned at Spooky's seminar? Everyone seems to be focused on ACNC (which looks awesome BTW).
    I'm curious to see if this will be their next game or if this is just some weird promotional thing. I think the theme and artwork look really interesting.

No mention of it, who knows maybe it will turn into something... but for now it’s nothing.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Extra color LEDs in Neo's, please.

as long as they are in the inserts.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from VegasMike:

Hopefully there’s no Kollectors or Komplete editions, if only for the sake of Pinside abbreviations.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Hopefully there’s no Kollectors or Komplete editions, if only for the sake of Pinside abbreviations.

Only the LE has a grand wizard mode.

#77 5 years ago

Well played guys!!

#78 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone's interested, but I took a little video of the display while I was there. I figured somebody would've posted it somewhere by now, but I haven't seen anything so here you go.

#79 5 years ago

Didn't even realize something was running on the display. Thanks for grabbing that.

The art on this thing looked killer at the show, especially the backglass. The pics do not do it justice. Really hoping this actually turns into a real game. Would love to see a new Mark Ritchie design with this theme!

#80 5 years ago

Give it a basement ala black hole and Im in!

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Give it a basement ala black hole and Im in!

Wow. My exact first thought. Make it an updated narrow body black hole. Done!!
    Shooter lane under playfeild.

#82 5 years ago

I would much rather a serious approach to this kind of theme as apposed to what I think this will be but still the first Spooky game on my radar for sure. This is what I'd really like theme wise.

dead_space_wall-dead-space-3686834-1280-800 (resized).jpgdead_space_wall-dead-space-3686834-1280-800 (resized).jpg

dead-space-3-41 (resized).jpgdead-space-3-41 (resized).jpg

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I would much rather a serious approach to this kind of theme as apposed to what I think this will be but still the first Spooky game on my radar for sure. This is what I'd really like theme wise.

Dude, Dead Space. Yes! I prefer the retro look at least for home, but can’t deny this would be awesome. On the subject of space horror, I always thought Doom would make a great theme.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aeolus7:

I always thought Doom would make a great theme.

Yep, and Castle Wolfenstein not space related but damn what a great theme for pinball. Killing Nazi's, maybe Killing Zombies and then best of all."Zombie Nazi's"

#85 5 years ago

There is a sweet homebrew Doom game. Always getting more added to it.

#86 5 years ago

Sign me up for any space theme. Kosmic Khaos though, artwork is perfect, and the animation is that perfect campy 1950s sci-fi trailer style. Stylish and quirky, this would definitely make for a great Spooky title. Dead Space as a theme is great too, but maybe a little serious for Spooky (and Pinball in general?).

5 months later
    #87 5 years ago

I'm still in love with the translite I have and concept. Podcasters we need the dirt, make it so! Create some drama and hype (I hope if there is any)!

#88 5 years ago

I imagine this to be a bit like an unlicensed Forbidden Planet, or of its archetype and era.

#89 5 years ago

I really hope this gets made. Come on Spooky! It's not like you guys are super busy

#90 5 years ago

I was just thinking about this earlier today. Maybe an Expo teaser with potential game shown next summer?

1 month later
    #91 5 years ago

Anything from expo?

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Anything from expo?

Doubt there'll be anything until TPF '19, where I'd expect another teaser, not a launch, unless it's not Spooky doing it. They'll still be a long way off finishing the Alice Coopers.

#93 5 years ago

I thought I read somewhere that some other company (not spooky) was doing this game next year.

Quoted from hool10:

Anything from expo?

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I thought I read somewhere that some other company (not spooky) was doing this game next year.

If it is, I'd guess AP. They talked about 2 contract lines in their talk. Also, I assume it was being worked on with a P3ROC, since Spooky were originally involved, so AP would be a natural fit.

I don't think Spooky can do it in a reasonable time frame, much as they might like to.

They have to finish TNA (and maybe another run), Alice Cooper ... then they have Danesi #2 and another license of their own to work on.

DeepRoot makes no sense as they've lots of their own stuff, and have always announced when new people join them or projects are acquired.

#95 5 years ago

I just hope someone makes this. The concept, art and to have a new Mark Richie game seems like a home run to me!

#96 5 years ago

Yeah I'm just a sucker for Atomic Ranch, Midcentury Modern. The artwork just has class and really caught my attention. I mean don't get me wrong I absolutely love the Zombie Yeti stuff, etc but this had a certain type of old school classiness to it. It's hard to describe.

1 month later
    #97 5 years ago

Mark Ritchie going to TPF next year!

6 months later
    #98 4 years ago

Probably should have mentioned this back in March but oh well. I met THE Mark Ritchie at TPF this year. I asked him if this project would ever become a reality. He said "it was a fun thing to do but he doesn't know if it will become a thing and isn't working on it". Sadly I think we will never get a Kosmic Khaos.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

He said "it was a fun thing to do but he doesn't know if it will become a thing and isn't working on it". Sadly I think we will never get a Kosmic Khaos.

Man. That's a bummer. I was really hoping this would turn into a game.

#100 4 years ago

Ya vintage space, even vintage Russian space, theme and styling with a little 50's sci fi referencing would have been amazing.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-kosmic-khaos-coming/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.