michaelmeyersultramanpic (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1625333107289 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1625333186302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Detroit_rock_city_ver1 (resized).jpg
Brainscan (resized).jpg
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#102 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1625333107289 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1625333107289 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1625333186302 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1625333186302 (resized).jpg
#103 2 years ago

ultraman is the 2nd theme using the same playfield

#104 2 years ago

Less than 48 hrs to go! I hope I'm able to lock up a CE Halloween butter cabinet right at launch *fingers crossed*

#105 2 years ago

I'm pretty stoked about this pin as well but I don't think it's worth purchasing a fang membership which probably means no CE for me...

Jeff

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I'm pretty stoked about this pin as well but I don't think it's worth purchasing a fang membership which probably means no CE for me...
Jeff

That $45 membership is your barrier to entry on a $8,995 game?

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That $45 membership is your barrier to entry on a $8,995 game?

Yep. Not going to pay to pay, that's just stupid IMHO... To each their own on this one but wasting $45 on a hope that I might possibly be able to order one just makes no sense. Now if it was a sure fire guarantee then that's a different discussion.

Jeff

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Yep. Not going to pay to pay, that's just stupid IMHO... To each their own on this one but wasting $45 on a hope that I might possibly be able to order one just makes no sense. Now if it was a sure fire guarantee then that's a different discussion.
Jeff

It's not wasting money... Look at it as spending $45 to help support the best boutique pinball company in the World.

#109 2 years ago

Anyone wishing to order Halloween or Ultraman from PinballSTAR (Spooky distributor) we ask that you send us an email today to [email protected] to get on our email blast list so at 9am CST tomorrow you get the 'ORDER NOW' email.. In that email you'll have a one click Paypal button to use to pay and get in quick and easy... I'm getting a ton of emails asking about our process to order and wanted to put this out there for folks as we are not doing phone, text, or website ordering - just via our email link. Looking forward to a glorious Spooky day tomorrow ! They killed it !

We made up this pic for our FB page too - pretty cool to have them both side by side ! lol

Email us today to get on our list for tomorrow's email...

Joe Newhart
[email protected]

michaelmeyersultramanpic (resized).jpgmichaelmeyersultramanpic (resized).jpg
#110 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

They send out some cool stuff also. Rumor is using the spooky hand sanitizer while ordering gets you to the head of the line

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:They send out some cool stuff also. Rumor is using the spooky hand sanitizer while ordering gets you to the head of the line

Use it everywhere.....otherwise it may not work.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

I'd be shocked if you order right away on Wednesday that you are unable to buy whatever version of the game you want.

#113 2 years ago

I have yet to own a Spooky Manufactured product, but highly interested in Halloween.

Thoughts on their products and craftsmanship?

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

I have yet to own a Spooky Manufactured product, but highly interested in Halloween.
Thoughts on their products and craftsmanship?

Ive got ACNC and R&M. Both are very solid machines and well built. There were a few adjustments needed out of the box on R&M but plays very well. ACNC played well out of the box and has been rock solid for 2 years now. And if something does go wrong, Spooky has the BEST customer service in the industry, hands down. So nothing to worry about there...

#115 2 years ago

How Many of both titles are being made?

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

How Many of both titles are being made?

1250 Halloween and 500 Ultraman

#117 2 years ago

Thanks

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

They send out some cool stuff also. Rumor is using the spooky hand sanitizer while ordering gets you to the head of the line

Hand sanitizer? You mean that wasn't lube?

Err...nevermind. Carry on.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'll almost 100% be in on Halloween, and almost 100% be in for a CE. I love John Carpenter and while I wish it was an Apocalypse Trilogy pin (The Thing, Prince Of Darkness, In The Mouth Of Madness), I'm pumped on this! I wrote up some thoughts in the other thread but they got buried by people speculating on the second games titles.
Here is a break from all the speculation with some of my own thoughts on potential gameplay and rules for Halloween without any thought given to anything except theme and the basic story beats of the first movie.
*Playing as Michael Myers*
-Kill sister
-Escape Smiths Grove Sanitorium
-Return home (and see Laurie Strode)
-Stalk Laurie
-Spy on babysitter Annie Brackett, kill the dog and kill her
-Kill Bob Simms, put on ghost costume and pose as him, then kill Lynda Van Der Klok
-Stalk and attack Laurie, she escapes
-Sneak into Doyle house where Laurie is hiding and attack her again, she stabs you with a knitting needle and escapes
-Awaken, search house and find her hiding in the closet, she stabs you with a coat hanger in the eye and chest with your own knife
-Awaken again, find Laurie, attempt to attack her, she pulls your mask off, Loomis shoots you.
-Awaken, escape, begin again
This would lose a lot of the menace, dread and atmosphere that the movie has, but would have the deepest options for rules. Making shots to progress the story, "side quests" to deal with non-laurie/non-loomis stuff, building a dread meter, etc. Could be some really fun bonus multiplier stuff through the use of that. I'm not a fan of bonus multipliers, but it's one way to do it that is actually interesting and makes sense to the theme. "Winning" would be just progressing the beats of the story, maybe doing some extra kills for points, etc.
*Playing as Laurie*
Lots of evasion, making shots to fight back against Michael, investigating different locations, etc. Not a super dull way to do it, as the looming menace of Michaels approach and presence would make for great atmosphere, but definitely wouldn't have the deepest rules if going purely from a movie-beats standpoint. I could see a "win" scenario of going off the path of the movie by warning and saving others from being killed. It would be really fun to have a "final girl" multiball where making shots fights back against him. This would be more of a meta thing, but could be really bad ass. I wouldn't mind if the gameplay beats didn't stick strictly to the movie beats. It's not a deep movie, as some have griped about, but that doesn't mean you're completely handcuffed to it. The idea of Michael as an unkillable force of nature (as John Carpenter and Deborah Hill intended) and Laurie as a true Final Girl is pretty much canon at this point so I can't see the license being adverse to that.
*Playing as Dr. Samuel Loomis*
-Bumble your way through ineptitude and thousand-yard-stare warnings as Michael escapes from your custody, steals your car and kills people because you were useless
-Shoot him, but don't kill him, because you can't even get that right
Just kidding, but I would mostly see this an "investigator" style of gameplay where you follow the leads to find Michael while trying to warn others of the danger of him. It would have a lot in common with Laurie mode of helping others, but I can't see it as being nearly as fun.
*Playing as a random*
-This is a classic license approach, don't use stars because they cost too much and don't want to do the voice work, get some other voice actor to do the voice work, make the game loosely tied to the movie at best. Throw in some story locations and beats to tie it in. Walking Dead is a perfect example of this. As Walking Dead (eventually) proved, the game can be good despite that flaw, so it's not a total bummer, but it does take away from the game some.
-I can see gameplay for this being very open ended and actually giving way to a much deeper ruleset since it's not handcuffed to anything in particular. The problem with this movie is that there isn't any great choices for the character you play as, it's a pretty small story. Maybe a police officer? Sheriff Leigh Brackett? That would work well for tying in with the babysitter/his daughter.
Basically, I don't see this as a super deep game unless they go with a meta-gameplay route, but I don't think that hurts the game at all. The theme is an absolute killer, the artwork (so far) looks amazing, and I can't wait to see what they do with it!

Shit, that seems deep af with 3 playfields lol.

#120 2 years ago

So no other game play videos other than the release trailer? Would really be nice to see the shots and modes or gameplay better as well as some of the video assets. Blind purchases always suck, what’s up with that!!

#121 2 years ago

Ordering through PinballSTAR FAQ -

I am getting alot of the same questions so wanted to put them out here for everyone... All of us selling - Spooky Direct and other distributors all have our own systems for ordering... This below only applies to PinballSTAR.

1. You MUST be on our email blast list to get our 'READY TO ORDER' email. To get on our email list you must email us before say 8:30am CST this morning so we can add you. If you email after then we can't guarantee you'll get our email blast.

2. We do not do orders over phone, text, or direct email - it becomes impossible to control our inventory levels - doing it by our email blast and paypal has worked wonderfully in the past as many of you know. If you paid via paypal, and got a confirmation from paypal then you got your game. It's that simple. It will take us a few days to email everyone a confirmation email - please be patient.

3. CHECK YOUR SPAM... many times our emails since they come from our email service will be marked as Spam so if you don't see it in your inbox at 9:00 am CST - check your spam it may be in there.

4. In our email we will have paypal buttons you click to whisk you to paypal where you will pay with one click. You do not need a paypal account, but if you don't have one you'll just have to enter your info vs just having it all prefilled by paypal once you log in. It's easy quick and there is no risk of our website crashing or other potential problems outside of our control.

5. We have inventory levels set for each model - we have assigned them based on our allotment per game (so many for Halloween, so many for Ultraman) and also so many for Standard, Bloodsuckers, and Collectors. We have assigned the majority to Collectors of each game as we feel that is what most want.
We have plenty of games to sell.

6. Fang Club - This is a Spooky thing. It's purchased through Spooky. You need to have it in place to order early today. If games sell out everywhere there may be no later on sale date to the 'non Fang Club' public. So, buy your Fang Club membership today before 9 CST.

7. Can you buy one of each game - yes.

8. We only sell to USA - if you are overseas buy from Spooky direct please. You may get our email blast outside of the USA if you signed up for it, but please buy direct if so.

We are hopeful Spooky will have a glorious SELL OUT day today across the board. Spooky sells direct and there are a very few other wonderful hand picked distributors they work with - myself / PinballSTAR, Chris Meunier / Kingpin, Rob Anthony / Pinball Classics, Tommy Floyd / Nitro (Canada), and others outside of the US I don't know offhand... Any of these folks will do a stellar job for you that's why there's only a few of us - if one distributor is sold out try another you'll get the same A+ service from anyone. Our goal is to work together to promote Spooky and take care of any and all Spooky customers.

Hope this helps... Good luck to everyone... TY for supporting Spooky and your distributors.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#122 2 years ago

I've got my CE ordered, very happy about that, and I'll be going butter as well (after seeing how good it looks on my R&M).

I can't get over how bogarted spooky's website gets once or twice a year, it's so bad. I ended up ordering through Nitro because Spooky's website was so unresponsive.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I've got my CE ordered, very happy about that, and I'll be going butter as well (after seeing how good it looks on my R&M).
I can't get over how bogarted spooky's website gets once or twice a year, it's so bad. I ended up ordering through Nitro because Spooky's website was so unresponsive.

I was going to ask if you ever got your R&M. How do you like it? My friends had the butter on tna and acnc and both looked phenomenal.

#124 2 years ago

I'm getting the Halloween CE. I'm a huge Halloween fan. Really excited about this game.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I was going to ask if you ever got your R&M. How do you like it? My friends had the butter on tna and acnc and both looked phenomenal.

Love it! It's such a great game and it just keeps getting better with all the fixes and modes and stuff. It's a game that requires time spent on getting it set up right, but once it's set up, it's very solid.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Love it! It's such a great game and it just keeps getting better with all the fixes and modes and stuff. It's a game that requires time spent on getting it set up right, but once it's set up, it's very solid.

TNA and R&M are the reason I took the plunge. There might be some work to set up, but the service after the fact gives me confidence.

#127 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 67: Zach Interviews The Spooky Pinball Team + GIVEAWAY!

Host: Zach Meny
Special Guests: Charlie Emery, Corwin "Bug" Emery, & Spooky Luke aka Mr. Squirrel or Softy

- I DON'T DO INTERVIEWS!...?
- Win A Spooky Mystery Swag Box (details in episode)
- The Interworkings Of Spooky Pinball
- Halloween Pinball & Ultraman Pinball Sell Out In Hours!
- The Launch
- When We Will See These Titles Played
- Design-By-Committee
- Spooky Pinball Moments
- Ultra Who?
- TOPPERS!
- Evil Dead vs. Army Of Darkness
- Spooky's Plans For The Future...Internet Connectivity?
- Mando LE Impressions (Additional Ramp, Upper Playfield, Grogu Magnet)
- Pinball Market Trends
- TPN Last Week
- TPN This Week

*** A special thank you to the Spooky Team for joining the show, and to Dennis Kriesel, David Dennis, Joel Engelberth, Matt Morrison, Joshuah Jacobs, Erik Wurtenberger, & Brian Cosner for assistance with some of the interview questions.***

email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrbc9-10889a8

the pinball show logo (resized).JPGthe pinball show logo (resized).JPG
#128 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I am hoping that they will have at least one onhand at SFGE in Atlanta in August... they usually have a large presence at that show!

No confirmation yet on what games will be shown but Spooky will be at SFGE with a Double Booth.

Coming off a dual threat announcement of John Carpenter's Halloween and Ultraman Kaiju Rumble, two new pinball titles which sold out almost instantly, we're thrilled to welcome Charlie Emery and Spooky Pinball back to the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo! If you've ever listened to the Spooky Pinball Podcast over the past 10+ years, then you know Charlie and his love of pinball well. Come meet him and the Spooky crew at the show! #SFGE2021

677ec2e0-ed53-dea9-bfd1-082d2cea123f (resized).jpg677ec2e0-ed53-dea9-bfd1-082d2cea123f (resized).jpg
#130 2 years ago

Is the butter cabinet worth the extra thousand

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Not in my opinion

#132 2 years ago

Yall need to watch this, ya psychos! Its hillarikillity!

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

It is beautiful. I've posted before. I it's standing in a row of games, maybe not. If you can see the sides, yes.

LTG : )

#134 2 years ago

Holy shit. L O L. If someone can make “Slice Slice Baby” pop up randomly in attract mode w/ pin browser I’ll LOSE IT.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:So no other game play videos other than the release trailer? Would really be nice to see the shots and modes or gameplay better as well as some of the video assets. Blind purchases always suck, what’s up with that!!

Exactly, fake Loomis and PJ soles voice overs could be epic fail call outs? Thats why I won't buy until seeing it played. Like a movie trailer versus the actual movie. To say it is going to be awesome because of R&M and TNA is a rediculous comparison. Those were %100 designed and instrumented by Scott Danesi who had nothing to do with this game. Try comparing AMH, Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie.
Atleast we know the quality and service is great!

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

No

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Exactly, fake Loomis and PJ soles voice overs could be epic fail call outs? Thats why I won't buy until seeing it played. Like a movie trailer versus the actual movie. To say it is going to be awesome because of R&M and TNA is a rediculous comparison. Those were %100 designed and instrumented by Scott Danesi who had nothing to do with this game. Try comparing AMH, Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie.

Please, no rational thoughts like these! You’re freaking me out a little about my CE, that I bought off of watching a 2 minute trailer! (Although after just seeing the art and uniqueness of everything, it was just too f’ing cool for me to potentially miss out )

#139 2 years ago

I love the idea of this Halloween pin (the movie is a favorite) and like the art, etc. I was super tempted to preorder it on July 7th, but just couldn’t pull the trigger due to a lack of any gameplay video. There are too many good games out there now for the $ to justify a purchase in my case. I’m near ready to buy either Avengers or Jurassic Park (I’ve played both a lot) and not sure how Halloween will compare to those; not feeling too good based on pics alone. I really hope I’m wrong as I want to love this game. Trying not to expect too much, but hopefully it will be a decent shooter.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from funchaser:

I love the idea of this Halloween pin (the movie is a favorite) and like the art, etc. I was super tempted to preorder it on July 7th, but just couldn’t pull the trigger due to a lack of any gameplay video. There are too many good games out there now for the $ to justify a purchase in my case. I’m near ready to buy either Avengers or Jurassic Park (I’ve played both a lot) and not sure how Halloween will compare to those; not feeling too good based on pics alone. I really hope I’m wrong as I want to love this game. Trying not to expect too much, but hopefully it will be a decent shooter.

No game play video needed here. Charlie said this is the best game they have ever made! That’s enough for me.

I understand why some want to see game play video before they decide, each to their own. It’s coming so don’t panic, when? When there in a position to, some Pinside babies wanted it “so yesterday” and forget Spooky is a small family company doing their absolute best to please everyone.

It’s hard to explain but these games are made with passion which is why I’ve supported them from day one. 100% best customer service in pinball, with a personal touch.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

No game play video needed here. Charlie said this is the best game they have ever made! That’s enough for me.
I understand why some want to see game play video before they decide, each to their own. It’s coming so don’t panic, when? When there in a position to, some Pinside babies wanted it “so yesterday” and forget Spooky is a small family company doing their absolute best to please everyone.
It’s hard to explain but these games are made with passion which is why I’ve supported them from day one. 100% best customer service in pinball, with a personal touch.

I really hope you’re right; we will find out soon enough I guess. As someone mentioned above, Danesi did not design this so it’s a bit of a crapshoot. I will wait until it is confirmed to be a good game; blind faith isn’t my thing generally haha.

#142 2 years ago

The excitement is building

Halloween...gifHalloween...gifHalloween..gifHalloween..gif
#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I mostly agree with this. Spooky games have been hit or miss for me and the reluctance to show this game off properly is a bit concerning. I don't really get swept up in hype and clever marketing. I bought in because of the Halloween theme. I've been asking for a proper horror movie themed pin for years, so I felt I had to support this move by Spooky for better or worse. Of course, I'm hoping the game is a hit, but I'm also prepared to take my lumps if it doesn't work out.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The excitement is building
[quoted image][quoted image]

Michael looks like he’s doing Conor Mcgregor’s “millionaire strut” in that clip.
Cant wait to see and play this game!

#145 2 years ago

Wish they would have waited an extra week and had a video ready to go with the announcement. I'm in for a standard already but I'd really like to see some game play.

#146 2 years ago

Did anyone go play it in Indianapolis day of the dead this weekend?

#147 2 years ago

The coding takes a long time. They havnt shown it yet because people will be expecting to see it mostly complete. I’m sure they are excited to show the game when the programming comes up to speed. I’m not worried about it. The game looks phenomenal and I can tell Spooky is really passionate about this title. I honestly feel like this game might solidify them as a real contender. Could be their JJP Pirates moment.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I mostly agree with this. Spooky games have been hit or miss for me and the reluctance to show this game off properly is a bit concerning. I don't really get swept up in hype and clever marketing. I bought in because of the Halloween theme. I've been asking for a proper horror movie themed pin for years, so I felt I had to support this move by Spooky for better or worse. Of course, I'm hoping the game is a hit, but I'm also prepared to take my lumps if it doesn't work out.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The coding takes a long time. They havnt shown it yet because people will be expecting to see it mostly complete. I’m sure they are excited to show the game when the programming comes up to speed. I’m not worried about it. The game looks phenomenal and I can tell Spooky is really passionate about this title. I honestly feel like this game might solidify them as a real contender. Could be their JJP Pirates moment.

I agree how many times have we seen games get killed upfront for reveals with early codes, TWD EHOH etc...

Although I'd love to see some game play footage that's not a make it or break it for me as the video can be subjective. Example if you take a person who is a extremely well shooter like Jack Danger and he is nailing everything and progression the chants of too easy, shallow coding will be running rampart and likewise for someone who isn't a great shot we'll hear poor flow, it's a brick magnet etc.... So for me video of game play would be nice but not too much as I'd like to still be surprised myself but it's not the deciding factor by no means.

#149 2 years ago

Is there supposed to be game play video soon?

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Did anyone go play it in Indianapolis day of the dead this weekend?

Interested to know this, also. I looked into tickets, but couldn't make it work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-hes-coming-to-your-home-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.