Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Feature Matrix - Halloween BSE (resized).png
Feature Matrix - Halloween CE (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
86FB2D4A-FF20-428A-A7A6-EF46E56CE155 (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tyler and I am a new member of Pinside. I am not a major pinball fan just a casual fan. However I am a huge collector of anything Halloween. I am in the market to buy a spooky Halloween CE edition pinball. I’m ready to buy now. I am confused by the pricing. On the spooky site the collectors edition says it cost $8995 and a $2000 deposit. Does that mean the total cost without shipping is $10,995? Or is a $2000 deposit and $6995 plus shipping once it ships? See pic.

86FB2D4A-FF20-428A-A7A6-EF46E56CE155 (resized).png86FB2D4A-FF20-428A-A7A6-EF46E56CE155 (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

$6995 after the $2k deposit on the CE (+ tax and shipping).

Used ones can be found in the $7s if local.

#3 1 year ago

What is the cost of shipping roughly? Does it range from $300-$500 typically?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShape78:

What is the cost of shipping roughly? Does it range from $300-$500 typically?

Not long ago, that pricing would sound right, but $500+ seems more common now.

#5 1 year ago

Thank you

#6 1 year ago

That CE in Montpelier has the butter cabinet (direct print / clear coated finish) which is a $1K upgrade. So the 9200 price tag shudnt be compared to the regular cab games. Just fyi.

Good luck with the hunt. I’ve been enjoying my HWN CE.

#7 1 year ago

Absolute bargain compared to other less-robust pins, poor customer service and overpriced manufacturers. Yeah, y’all know whom I’m referring to…

Seriously though, haven’t gotten one but played in others homes and damn this is a fine machine. You’ll be happy.

#8 1 year ago

You could save bucks buying lightly used or someones discounted deposit this late in the run. Check marketplace.
Good luck on your search either way.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

That CE in Montpelier has the butter cabinet (direct print / clear coated finish) which is a $1K upgrade. So the 9200 price tag shudnt be compared to the regular cab games. Just fyi.
Good luck with the hunt. I’ve been enjoying my HWN CE.

I’m only 2 hours from that cabinet. I’ve made a offer but haven’t heard back yet. I would assume that cab cost $9995, plus tax, plus $500 ish for shipping. Correct?

#10 1 year ago

I’m willing to buy a reservation IF someone’s is ready to ship FYI….

Thank you all!

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShape78:

I’m only 2 hours from that cabinet. I’ve made a offer but haven’t heard back yet. I would assume that cab cost $9995, plus tax, plus $500 ish for shipping. Correct?

I paid $425 for shipping back in May, so that is probably not far off. I noticed that one looked close to you. a 2hr road trip for a pin is nothing haha. I once drove to Wisconsin for a game (as you can tell i’m not one to ship games other than NIB).

Butter cabinets are apparently very nice, though i have never seen one in person myself to provide any first hand experience.

#12 1 year ago

I hope you have room for more than one pinball machine. It has been proven it is almost impossible to own just one. Damn things multiply.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I hope you have room for more than one pinball machine. It has been proven it is almost impossible to own just one. Damn things multiply.

This i do have first hand experience in. He is not lying.

#14 1 year ago

I don’t think this guy is gonna sell his life-size Michael Myers mannequin to make room for a Champion Pub.

I think it’s possible to resist multiple pins when you are a one-issue voter!

#15 1 year ago

We got the room! We just need the machine!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#16 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think this guy is gonna sell his life-size Michael Myers mannequin to make room for a Champion Pub.
I think it’s possible to resist multiple pins when you are a one-issue voter!

I don’t have a life size Myers. What made you say that?

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

This i do have first hand experience in. He is not lying.

We got the room!

#18 1 year ago

Buying out someone’s preorder spot can be good too. Thats how i got my Alice. Spooky is good with transferring ownership once they are given the green light (if through a distro its often the same, but check they arent adding a “convenience fee”). The advantage here is you can choose yr own option (only butter or standard cab for options on the CE, it comes loaded). The bigger advantage is instead of paying 500 to ship to someone else’s house you canpay to have it shipped to yours. Spooky is nearing the end of the CE runs so it shudnt be too long of a wait if you choose this way.

#19 1 year ago

I’ve done tons of research but can’t really find the difference between CE and blood suckers edition. Do you know?

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShape78:

I’ve done tons of research but can’t really find the difference between CE and blood suckers edition. Do you know?

Scroll down about halfway through this article and they go over the edition differences.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/spooky-announces-halloween-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#21 1 year ago

Anyone with the name “TheShape78” 1000% needs to own this game, it’s wickedly fun!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Anyone with the name “TheShape78” 1000% needs to own this game, it’s wickedly fun!

You’re the first to notice haha! Thanks man.

#23 1 year ago

O boy you have room for a lot games and now pin prices have dropped quite a bit on some fantastic titles like this one!

Good luck!

#24 1 year ago

There's no reason to pay full price in the current market. There are plenty of people trying to sell their CE spots at a discount because it's do or die on CE production right now. Either take a little road trip and buy one from someone that has one in hand, or buy a spot and have the game shipped to you brand new pretty quickly. The people selling CE spots paid $2k, but you can buy them out for less. Then just pay the balance to Spooky or their distributor when the new machine is ready to ship to you.

CE Market:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/halloween-collectors-edition/market

Bloodsucker Market:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/halloween-bloodsuckers-edition/market

Feature Matrix - Halloween BSE (resized).pngFeature Matrix - Halloween BSE (resized).pngFeature Matrix - Halloween CE (resized).pngFeature Matrix - Halloween CE (resized).png
#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There's no reason to pay full price in the current market. There are plenty of people trying to sell their CE spots at a discount because it's do or die on CE production right now. Either take a little road trip and buy one from someone that has one in hand, or buy a spot and have the game shipped to you brand new pretty quickly. The people selling CE spots paid $2k, but you can buy them out for less. Then just pay the balance to Spooky or their distributor when the new machine is ready to ship to you.
CE Market:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/halloween-collectors-edition/market
Bloodsucker Market:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/halloween-bloodsuckers-edition/market
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was wondering when someone was gonna explain This to him!

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Buying out someone’s preorder spot can be good too. Thats how i got my Alice. Spooky is good with transferring ownership once they are given the green light (if through a distro its often the same, but check they arent adding a “convenience fee”). The advantage here is you can choose yr own option (only butter or standard cab for options on the CE, it comes loaded). The bigger advantage is instead of paying 500 to ship to someone else’s house you canpay to have it shipped to yours. Spooky is nearing the end of the CE runs so it shudnt be too long of a wait if you choose this way.

This is great info! Thank you! I think I will just buy someones reservations. The lower the reservation number the faster it will ship right?

#27 1 year ago

Browse the market place link at the top, theres a bunch of folks with them for sale, might find one local even. Or you can buy someones reserve for a new one

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShape78:

This is great info! Thank you! I think I will just buy someones reservations. The lower the reservation number the faster it will ship right?

In most cases. Everyone gets assigned a game / build number early on. Like i knew i was 584 in May 2021. However Spooky will work with you and if i said i wasn’t ready for mine yet i could ask and have my game moved to the back of the CE builds. But my number won’t change. So perhaps another thing to confirm with the spot seller. This is not a common occurrence i wouldn’t think.

Another thing is the overseas games that get built and shipped in a container. Those numbers are probably all over the place but what do i know haha.

What will happen is you agree to a price with someone. You will send them funds however you agree. They will contact Spooky (or the distro they purchased through) and tell them they sold their Spot #X and give them your details. You’ll hear from Spooky or whatever distributor directly after that. So make sure you vet out who you are buying from and you can do this by checking out pinsider’s feedback / forum history etc. just like you would do if you bought a game. 99% on here are good people. But there is that 1% you want to watch out for . You may even be able to contact Squirrel aka Morgen Emery to confirm that [seller] in fact owns that spot.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShape78:

I’m willing to buy a reservation IF someone’s is ready to ship FYI….
Thank you all!

You can have mine. #234. Still at Distro waiting to ship.

Message me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 210.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-ce- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.