(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Man, did everyone order a CE? It doesn't seem like too many people ordered a BSE or SE. I keep thinking about upgrading from BSE to CE, but then I'd have to remove the topper before I could even set it up because of my low ceilings and the game doesn't even say 'Halloween' anywhere but the topper on the CE.

Curious if maybe you can buy the other translight from Spooky. Might be an option.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They are actual backglasses, but they may sell a spare.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Did you guys get a machine # in your emails? I just received a order number on my receipt showing the $2,000 paid. Just curious

Will take them a few days to sort out the order of everything.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Super interested in what the numbers will be, and what they'll actually mean (don't know how spooky does it).
If they go 50/50/50, what does it mean to be the 60th person in line for a CE? What happens when the #3 standard moves up to a CE?
How many can they actually make and ship before 10.31?
Interesting indeed.
So I guess they have to make 100 a month so the initial shipment of 50s will take longer than that.
Hmmm

It's best to just wait until they start shipping and then try to do the math. And hope another pandemic doesn't come along...lol

#460 2 years ago

I'm really not clear why people had anxiety. You guys need a hobby.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Please don’t. I’m presently broke AND out of room.

You can take solace in knowing that we got probably at least 13 months before we even need to worry lol. I keep forgetting that even if I ordered one now, it will probably be a year before I get it...but oh well. I reaaaaallly do not need another game right now.

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I see 9 ball paths on the main playfield. I heard on the podcast that there were 10 shots on the main playfield.
Does anyone know where the 10th shot is?
[quoted image]

I'm a bit confused by their choice of blood drip placement. At first it seems that's your marker, but then you see there are a few shots that don't have one.

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Maybe the blood drop shots are for a specific mode and those particular shots must be made in order to complete that mode.

I wonder if those are inserts or just art.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I blitzed through all of the movies the last week or so too. I had actually missed a couple in the middle over the years, didn't know there were any I hadn't seen.
On one hand, all of the non-RZ Halloween movies are the same exact plot progression. Got really old watching 60 minutes of semi-pointless build-up, and then 30 minutes of Michael Myers killing people before he "dies" at the end.
The first 3 movies were all good, and didn't really follow the path all the other sequels repeated. But man, all the sequels after 3 really suck (didn't watch 2018 yet)! The fact that they have retconned their retcons should be all you need to know. What a complete mess of a storyline. They all ignore 3, H2O ignores all but 1 and 2. 2018 ignores all except 1. Huh?
I know I'll get a ton of disagreement here, but I actually liked the RZ remakes. The RZ movies get a lot of shit, but I just watched them, and other than the first 3 movies, they are BY FAR better than anything else in the series (again, I can't compare 2018 since I haven't watched it yet). Way different style for sure, and they probably earned points from be because I wasn't bored watching the same story progression AGAIN, which is how I felt watching 4 thru 8. I get people think the original Halloween is hallowed ground and cannot be tampered with, but I have to say, both RZ versions were so much better than they get credit for. That said, I'm probably more into violent, gory horror than slow, plodding horror, so they were more my style than the style of all the stupid post-Halloween 3 sequels.

2018 is better than most of the others and yes, ignores all but 1. H20 was good at the time, but I think 2018 is better. It actually is a bit more like the RZ movies I would say in terms of what happens. It wastes no time.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I keep seeing people say this, but was that really the case? I know there were some VIPs and locations that got theirs early , as well as shipments out of the country that went out of order, but I thought other than that they were mostly in order, I know mine came about when it should have. Is there something I am missing?

'when it should have' was after you were told what your number in line was. Most don't have that yet.

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The F13 franchise is better than the Halloween or Night on Elm Street franchises, imo. Nearly all of the F13 movies are good to great, with 3, 4 and 6 being my favorites. Parts 5 and 9 are probably the weakest, with 9 being the only one I just don't like. With Halloween, really only the first 3 movies in the franchise are good, and they go steadily down hill from there (I haven't seen the 2018 reboot yet). With Nightmare on Elm Street, really only 1 and 3 are good, though I suppose some of the other ones have their moments too. Really, it's amazing that F13 managed to stay entertaining across so many movies.

In no way is that true. lol. MAYBE a few a better than a few of the others..but overall..no.

#605 2 years ago

For whatever reason, I've always preferred monster movies / sci-fi horror, then supernatural horror next, to slasher horror. I prefer NoES to the F13/Halloween over all simply because it's more supernatural. Guys in masks walking slow waiting for a girl to trip for no reason just never appealed to me. Not that I don't watch them, just not my favorites.

My tops go to's are:
Alien/Aliens (obv)
Evil Dead franchise
Event Horizon
Hellraiser I/II
Trick R Treat

There's more, but for me, these are the top.

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I remember seeing Halloween III in the theaters expecting Michael, but was shocked to see he wasn't included. For me 1 & 2 are the complete story. I've seen H2O and one other but don't even remember those. Is the latest coming out part of the first 2's timeline? So, before the first?

The one that came out in 2018 is a direct sequel to 1978's. The next 2 are sequels to that. Basically..it recons everything but the first movie and setting up for a new finale. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's the best of the bunch since 2. (3 not being part of the story).

#660 2 years ago

It is kind of misleading. Half the games are pre allotted to distros. Then people scream SOLD OUT! when Spooky runs out, for nothing more than bragging rights. It's not Spooky that's the problem though, it's the people here screaming it. Rather than scream SOLD OUT directing people to the distros that still have the games would be much more helpful.

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Half of the games go to Distributors? Never heard that number..

I don't know the exact numbers obviously, but they've always said block of 50 back and forth. One would assume around half.

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thought it was 50/50/50 with location?

the first 50 or so are license holders/locations/friends - again...that's just based on what they've said in the past, not claiming to know exacts.

#675 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So....my HWN CE is going on location. Should I send Spooky an email? I didn’t specify that it would be when I ordered. Orrrr do they just prioritize locations they have done business with prior?

I would say it is worth reaching out to them and letting them know. No idea if there is paperwork involved etc.

1 week later
#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

They'll ask you before your build is up
(They did butter in batches in the past)

You'd have to search this, but Charlie responded to me regarding this and I believe the way they are doing it this time is more efficient. I don't remember the exacts though.

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Just found this;

I thought I was going to like Halloween more, but so far I'm liking the overall feel of Ultraman more on all fronts. Unexpected. (yes I'm aware the layout is the same, and I assume gameplay elements are very similar as well).

#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s a terrible video. The UM footage people are cheering, guy is playing well...got multiball. Big fun. The Halloween vid brother man didn’t even know how the start the f’n thing haha. HWN will prove to be the superior game, I’m sure of it.

Yeah, I could tell that by the frantic double flipping lol. That is me on an unfamiliar game. Ironically though, I tend to play better when I haven no idea what I'm doing than when I'm actually trying to make shots.

#1167 2 years ago

As long as the gameplay is there, I think HWN will be just fine. As I mentioned, I too am in the camp that at the moment I actually prefer the aesthetics of UMN, but that could change as more is shown on both games.

Were both games rulesets/coding being done by the same person? Was there formal template they followed and just substituted subject matter? Are they completely different play wise in modes and rules? These are the things that will ultimately make a difference. (if anyone knows the answers feel free to speak up).

I think artistically where I am having trouble with HWN is way too much orange. I get it...Halloween colors, but Halloween is also lots of black, and this pin looks more thanksgiving than halloween in my mind. Too bright. Too cheery (even with knives and blood spots all over it). I get it...but it just isn't ringing with me yet.

#1209 2 years ago

Actually, given how many people have to ask 'what is XXX', especially with BSD, keeping it simpler rather than throwing in things that technically don't translate to those not in the know

HWN is much more obvious.

JCH
or H78

Prepare to constantly be answering what is XXX if you go with those. They are too clever for their own good.

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m surprised about The lack of animations in the back box during the game. Maybe it’s the terrible gameplay thus far not going deep into Vice but still, seems like placeholders at this time? Weird

The animator was in here saying that there's a ton not implemented yet.

#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle = ACNC - not NC
Rob Zombie's Spookshow International = RZ - not SI
Elvira's House of Horrors = EHOH - not HOH
John Carpenter's Halloween = JCH - its right there on the backglass and topper
HWN is not even an acronym. Its an abbreviation that isn't necessary because a TLA is right there printed on the game.

In this context, it makes sense. Still prefer HWN lol. Doesn't need to be an acronym as the point of all of it is just shortening the names.

#1257 2 years ago

Micheal Myer's Stabby Stabby Halloween Adventure.

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

So I am game #957 and I was told I can add the butter cabinet option. Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like compared against the option of not getting it glossed?

Spooky standard cabs look amazing already. Everyone says that pics of butter cabs don't do it justice. The photos I've seen you can't really tell the difference in them.

#1292 2 years ago

Flipper hits ball, ball hits target, repeat. Well, I mean...that's how good people's games look. Not mine.

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This pin is screwing with me. Was notified i had #139. Then a few days later was told it was a clerical error and moved to 341. Now today, someone wanted to move back and I bumped up to 245. Very happy there, they should have the game assembly down pat, and I should have it by Oct 31st!!

Just wait a few months when you get bumped back to 1150!

1 month later
#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from Chief_G:

Couldn't agree more. C'mon Spooky. You can do it!!!
Extend the clips/scenes and add more, reduce or eliminate some of those those corny animations.
Think about the RnM code with the long clips, it works, and how that pulls that game together, it's incredible. Please do that to Halloween. So many scary scenes in that movie.
I'm rooting for you!

Interesting thing about the clips. No one else that plays my R&M waits for the animations. They flip thru them as fast as possible - and then find the game 'not fun' because they don't understand what is going on. They don't even pay attention to the callouts, unless it is someone yelling Jackpot! The average person doesn't want long clips, they want the ball to move. This is why the whole LCD craze is not really a step forward in pinball. Only pinheads who apparently spend a lot of time watching others play games care about LCD screens or what is on them. Most people only glance at the screen to see a score, and aren't interested in watching videos. I personally hate stop and go pinball as well. Attention spans are not that long anymore. They want lots of interaction on the playfield (toys/mechs), and very little interruptions to throwing the ball around.

#3410 2 years ago

If anyone is worried about the insert, or issues, I'll be glad to take yours off your hands for $1000.

#3423 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

I don't know what's so hard to understand. Nobody says it's a deal-breaker or that they are out because of the insert. I'm not cancelling my CE over it. Doesn't mean it doesn't look terrible and shouldn't happen on a 10k toy.
Same thing about the code. I'm still waiting on the promised finished RZ code they never delivered and continue to ignore. Others are waiting on Domino's, same story there. Hopefully they'll do better on this one.

This is a whole other level of masochism.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.