(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Ordered my CE. Had to sell my ETH for it, so surely it's gonna explode this week. You are welcome, crypto investors.

How did you order your CE already? Sales for Ultraween aren’t open yet.

Unless you’re talking a different title?

#332 2 years ago

Was in at 9:59 eastern this morning. Spooky site was slow and then crashed repeatedly. I got as far as info for shipping then store closed. Emailed Pinballstar, Joe immediately answered my rants. Ordered through his site in 15 seconds with PP deposit. He is my go to crack dealer from now on.

Thank you Joe for your patience and helping me get a HWNCE.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Address there any decent pictures of the standard edition? What is it missing?

I know the topper, trim level and shooter handle. Translite( bg?) is different. Otherwise, not sure.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Are you guys serious? You now have taken down RallyUp. Sorry for anyone looking to purchase a raffle ticket right now, but we hope to be back online soon. Ultraman and Michael Myers team up to destroy the Internet two days in a row!

do not go n there (resized).jpgdo not go n there (resized).jpg
#470 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Exactly!!!....felt like a weird Black Friday thing for a bit....stopped for a minute saying " no pin is worth this anxiety", but then went back at it....on a mission then!! Pissed me off and wasn't going to stop, lol.
I have a problem....

Took my family to Allentown pinball show in 2011. Wife and two teenage kids were trying to find me in the crowd. Later wife says, ‘no hope. It was a sea of bald guys.’ Smashing that refresh button on Wednesday at work for 48 minutes my boss shook his head just let me rage until I was done.

I laughed after picturing all of us pinheads stubbornly ego-ing exactly the same time on website. Guess we are an odd group after all.

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

timtim totally nailed it. We are basically all in an opium den, the dealers know they can find us here and lift us of the burden of our purse for our next fix. If Spooky comes out with the Ash/AOD property next I may need to get help.

Please don’t. I’m presently broke AND out of room.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BM66 pretty much had nothing in it early on. But we had Lyman to bring it home!
Code matters, think Munsters . I think Spooky team will bring it home too.

You in with us Ice?

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Of course brother! Halloween CE

Aww hell yeah! CE for me and butter cab baby!

Glad you’re with us amigo. Good times man. .

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That's why I think Friday the 13th is a superior franchise as a whole. Halloween 1 and 2 are better than any F13 movie but after Halloween 2 it gets crazy. Although I do enjoy Halloween 4. Donald pleasance really shines.

I dunno. F13 part 6 and 7 were kick ass.

#585 2 years ago

just gonna drop this here...

warrors.gifwarrors.gif
1 week later
#967 2 years ago

Pinballstar ordered, either #908 or #924. Guessing #908 since I was trying to order minute 1 with Spooky but couldn’t so immediately jumped to Joe at PInballstar.

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Do all 3 trim levels have the same playfields?

Yes. Gameplay will be identical. Charlie insisted on that.

#1007 2 years ago

Is the CE a backglass or a translite? Missed that nugget…

#1009 2 years ago

Was it in the details? Huh. Shoulda picked up on that one.

#1014 2 years ago

If the cabinets are built first how does anyone figure out the butter option?

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The first 50 are special friends etc so they probably already know what they wanted as far aa cabinets.

Beechwood you got all the answers! And you’re an adorable hamster. Win-win!

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang. Wish you were in the 100s, id buy yours and sell my spot. Still hoping to move up from # 341. Good luck !

341??? I'm 908. My number will be up by the time my numbers up!!

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

As good as this game looks, I really don't think it will stay long in most collections. Which is good news for others to own this game when they get flipped...and a high percentage will be flipped.
UM seems the better option. HWN is a one-trick pony, and UM seems to offer more variety and fun for the player (and all the family).
I love HWN, but it's not a great match for a modern pinball machine...as you owners will soon discover. The Evil Dead however, a match made in hell!

Wth? Sure. Thanks for your opinion I guess.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

There is scary and there is adult content, since we haven’t seen the game we don’t know what direction they are going to go with the animations etc.
Different peoples houses have different rules, my 10 year old has watched Halloween 1 and 3 but he doesn’t scare easy. However I try to keep sexual situations away because he’s not quite ready for that

Fair enough. My kids were immersed in my shit when they were 3 and up. If they showed interest I’d show them. We’d dialogue together and I made it fun. I’m not into torture, but I do love me a good sci-fi or horror flick. My kids are adults now and well adjusted to boot; even with a fucked up Dad like me! Who knew?!?!

#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As long as the gameplay is there, I think HWN will be just fine. As I mentioned, I too am in the camp that at the moment I actually prefer the aesthetics of UMN, but that could change as more is shown on both games.
Were both games rulesets/coding being done by the same person? Was there formal template they followed and just substituted subject matter? Are they completely different play wise in modes and rules? These are the things that will ultimately make a difference. (if anyone knows the answers feel free to speak up).
I think artistically where I am having trouble with HWN is way too much orange. I get it...Halloween colors, but Halloween is also lots of black, and this pin looks more thanksgiving than halloween in my mind. Too bright. Too cheery (even with knives and blood spots all over it). I get it...but it just isn't ringing with me yet.

Funny thing when rumors of HWN were first thrown around I thought orange would have to be dominant! Fall and pumpkin color, reminds me of that season. Wish granted!

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

At first I was turned off by the upper playfields and exposed LED strands, but the 'Hedges' really impressed me as something unique and different. Then when I saw that the uppers were more of a pass through like WH20-I was sold. Looks super fun and unique and nowadays I need more cowbell-getting tired of fan layouts.

95A8AAB8-BE03-42A5-89CB-8555242B3F37.gif95A8AAB8-BE03-42A5-89CB-8555242B3F37.gif
#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Pinball Talk episode 3: Halloween Pinball, i dont like the music, sorry guys...

A WHAAA?? Ok I guess. I don't like murder but I'm still liking the theme. Geez.

#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Get that techno shit outta here.

myers dance.gifmyers dance.gif
#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I believe we had some of the PJ callouts in there, but they didn't come through in the stream audio. I can't really comment on what assets we have yet to add, not due to restrictions or anything, I'm just simply not in the loop there. As nightmutilator alluded to, I know they are continuing to add assets, and I imagine will continue to do so up until we start shipping, if not beyond too, but I don't have like a hard number to give you.
Same goes for adult mode; I'm not sure what the plan there is. Sorry, I'm just a spooky grunt right now; not making the big decisions :p
And yes ball staging is being looked at. We temporarily removed it due to a bug it caused in multiplayer, but I want to say that's fixed now.

Well, it looks like flow isn’t an issue. Hard to pull off with so many levels but without pops it moves fast. Software looks REALLY early. Hoping that goes deep.

Leds look fine to me but dimming may set mood better. Many subtleties compared to a few in-your-faces wins the prize every time.

Gameplay looks exactly as I’d hoped based on descriptions so far. Great job gang!

#1625 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Wow Charlie, Nick Castle played your tribute game???What an awesome life you are living! Very cool

Who is Nick Castle?

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Who is Nick Castle?

Never mind. Googled him. Played Mike Myers in 1978 movie. Got it.

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I agree they are way to much. Especially with the high pitched house song. We are looking at it for sure. Cary made alot of great points and we watch all this stuff. Bug couldn't wait to get in to make adjustments for you guys today. Throwing away your whole purchase on a great game that has awesome gameplay and tons of content over a couple of sound effects that will be removed and a song that gets a little annoying that we could easily change is a little wild though.

Well I didn’t like Bug’s hair. I’m out.

#1759 2 years ago

Are these the first? Great job! You started quicker than I thought.

#1782 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Your a real POS.

RGP? Are we back? Ahh...the good ole days. Don't hold back Amigo! LOL.

#1893 2 years ago

My complaint is this is too violent. Can’t Michael just talk it out with Loomis? Does it have to be about Halloween? What about 4th of July? Knives are dangerous. Can’t we use, I don’t know, something more kid friendly like a pillow fight? Other than these things I’ve got 25 more issues with this pin.

I keed, I keed!!

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm not a fan of pop bumpers at all unless they add random chaos by being exposed, and/or I have to shoot through them like Congo, IMDN, etc...
I would rather that space used for something more fun/creative.

TWD has awesome placement of pops. Borg tortured the player ever so gently with that rh orbit shot. Very satisfying to make. Other was D&D. One giant lower pop would drain ball quick as lightning if not careful.

1 month later
#2886 2 years ago

If I changed my mind every time early code was shown, I would have never have bought any pins after 2005.

One video from one programmer contradicting what the company owner said? Yeah, ok.

Hey Spooky, just keep him focused on coding and out of marketing. I’ve been excited for a horror pin since TWD and I’m not losing my spot over one over-indulgent Youtuber. If that video was with the Emery clan I’d be worried. I’m sure Charlie and Captain ruleset will be having a discussion at work.

#3086 2 years ago

Layout looks unique. Nothing ‘cookie cutter.’ Software updated later. Not worried about that.

#3087 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Still in as well, but that insert is a major eyesore and needs to be fixed.

You mean like ‘You Snooze you loose?’

That wasn’t a deal breaker for SM popularity.

How’s bout hair dick on LOTR LE? There’s far worse examples over the years.

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I still haven't heard anything about 52, I hope they aren't holding to their statement that you would be contacted for butter option 3 weeks prior to build
Here is the most recent tracking sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmdtDvuk62JFZw37fpdjzsIlL39_C04ODX8jIrNOc/edit?usp=drivesdk

Yeah, how’s that working out? Surprise! You got a non butter cab! Oops, our bad. Remaining balance due and ready to ship!

#3217 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Received e-mail for #54 this morning!

You guys getting the Butter/No Butter options?

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from Arevalo89:

So is spooky going to fix the “hedge multiball” insert ? I haven’t anything about it.

When Stern fixes the ‘you ooze you loose’ and the ‘hair dick’ LOTR backglass.

Not a deal breaker is what I’m sayin’.

#3330 2 years ago

The details on this pin are nuts. The more I see the more I like.

Code’ll catch up.

#3350 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Prime example of Whataboutism. That insert is awful and needs to be fixed.

Needs? Hardly.

Livable? Yes.

Will they fix? Hopefully.

4 months later
#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Thanks for the pics. Sorry for your issues. Really surprised it left the factory like that. I have only had Chicago Gaming/JJP/Stern all NIB but have never seen those kind of issues before. Hate to see you (or I) have to spend 1k more for butter.

My Star Trek LE had both head decals peeling off right out of the box. Glued them but the Schmeg caught in the old adhesive ruined them even with new glue. Stern ignored my request for new decals. I eventually used alcohol and goof off to clean them manually and reapplied. Still looked like shit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.