(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That's because after carpenter left the series got all crazy.
Halloween 1 and 2 and the new film are one time line.
Halloween 3 is whatever the hell it is
Halloween 4-6 are a different time line where Laurie is his sister and he's being controlled by an evil cult.
The rob zombie ones are also their own time line.
And I have no idea what Halloween h20 and resurrection were doing. Expect Busta rhymes did some kung fu on Michael's ass

I remember seeing Halloween III in the theaters expecting Michael, but was shocked to see he wasn't included. For me 1 & 2 are the complete story. I've seen H2O and one other but don't even remember those. Is the latest coming out part of the first 2's timeline? So, before the first?

#612 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

III was going to be the start of different Halloween movies. Fans stirred up a fuss and wanted Michael back. Fans won.
LTG : )

Interesting. Didn't know that. I only ever watch 1 & 2 during Halloween. I'm going to have to watch III again. Last time I saw it was when it was released.

2 weeks later
#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

There is scary and there is adult content, since we haven’t seen the game we don’t know what direction they are going to go with the animations etc.
Different peoples houses have different rules, my 10 year old has watched Halloween 1 and 3 but he doesn’t scare easy. However I try to keep sexual situations away because he’s not quite ready for that

I agree with you. I’m hoping the sexual stuff is left out. There’s enough of that out there, so I’d rather just have the horror part in the machine,
especially with my kids in the house. Just my opinion though. If it has it, I hope I can turn it off.

#1191 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Hope they do something with the lighting and shaker like on TWD prem/le, that thing gets creepy. They will need to dim those leds right down as it’s looking very bright to me to get a creepy atmosphere.

If there’s a place they did that while the ball was held, and it is quiet (for the most part), with a creepy scene, that would rock. They mentioned in an interview, there’s a mode where you’re trying to get away from Michael and making shots quickly is the key to success. This would be a good place for something like that. I also think that’s what the licensee wanted, so it’s not just repeating parts of the movie over and over. Just a guess.

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Makes sense in that perspective. I'm still a fan of H78. It will be interesting to see what it will finally be.

Is there an all knowing tzar who decides these things?

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Jack must be setting up at this point if he wants to go live as he said in 4.5 hours! Stoked!
Did you ever notice that the pumpkin in the opening credits actually depicts Michael carrying a knife? I used to think it was just supposed to be a crummy kid carving. Notice the slow zoom in
[quoted image]

That’s pretty interesting. I love the pumpkin in the opening credits. Nothing compares to it in terms of creepiness.

#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

A "very involved staff" with a "professional approval process" - say no more.
Are you able to use any of the music from 2018 version to add a little variety? I thought Carpenter did a really good job sort of re-mixing the original soundtrack and adding in new stuff.

I would actually want to keep it all off the original. To me, there’s no other music better suited. With all of the music plus original stuff composed for the game, it should be enough. They still have lots more to add.

#1667 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I figure if the licensor approved of original clips as well as animations, original callouts as well as soundalikes, original film music as well as new music / remixes, original logo as well as new art...which they have on all counts. Then we have very little to worry about. It would seem to me that the licensor is just slow to clear assets...not withholding.
Funny to me as well that people are dumping HWN spots for UM. I think some will come to regret that decision when HWN gets up to speed code wise. There are still NINETEEN clips that have been cleared and not installed yet for crying out loud. Also, the callouts were not audible due to Deadflips Mobil road setup and everyone is like “NO PJ SOLES?!?! Akkkkkkk!!!” Unreal

They still have to clear how they use the approved assets, I’m sure. So, they have to show how they incorporate things into the code and it has to go through a whole approval process, which takes time, as well as them possibly saying, we’d rather you change this. Then Spooky has to change things and send them off for approval again.

1 week later
#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

1st game, got a few multiballs and defeated Michael. Trying to control balls during multiball on the main playfield and upper playfields is hard and fun. 1st impressions are really good game is fun, playfields look amazing.
[quoted image]

You already defeated Michael? I figured this would be the very end of doing everything.

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

…You can’t Kill the bogeyman

Ah, this is true....!

#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m really exited to what spooky will put in the game as far as movie clips .I heard when you finish a task the reward will be a scene from the movie .If this is true I love it .Makes sense as while you’re feeling good about what you just did you’ll get a little break and actually get use of the LCD .Most games you’ll only see that stuff while waiting your turn .

The licensor, from what spooky said, did not want just a running movie in the game, so we’ll have to see how they make it creative. I remember bug saying there’s a mode where Michael is after you and you have to make shots quickly to get away. Maybe as you’re making shots to get away, they are using clips of Michael chasing Jamie Lee Curtis, but they don’t use clips where she’s in the scene. That would be cool. Or she could be in it. We’ll just have to see. I’m excited about it.

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I dont know much about this kinda thing, but I'd assume they have the rights to Jamie Lee Curtis's image since she is on the cabinet and plastic art. It could well be different from the film clips, but it would see odd if they could put her in the art, but not use film clips with her.

No, I just meant they take her out to make it seem like he’s coming for you, not because of the license.

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yes, it’s that much fun.
[quoted image]

Great to hear!

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Holy balls...this looks like the most nerve wracking mode since Horde. Intense. Stressful. Just watching I was nervous for you to hit that damn shot. LOVE IT!
Also, your cat pic is now my favorite picture on the internet.
Thanks for the videos and info. I was all in and 100% excited before, but you have helped cement it. Can't wait for 120! I've known Charlie and his family since before they started making games, and I'm so very happy to finally be able to support them and enjoy their product. Just great people doing great work.

Love hearing this as I’m not watching any video of the game (first time). Want to see what it’s like when I get it and have no idea what will happen.

1 week later
#2443 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Remastered version out next month
[quoted image]

Hey thanks for the info on this. Going to pick it up. I have been collecting Halloween releases since the VHS days. The new Shout Factory ones look great! Have the steelbook one too from last year for Halloween I & II.
IMG_5514 (resized).jpegIMG_5514 (resized).jpegIMG_5515 (resized).jpegIMG_5515 (resized).jpegIMG_5516 (resized).jpegIMG_5516 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I was thinking how AMAZING would it be if this was the attract mode background or when you press the start button.i truly believe it would totally immerse you into the Halloween universe.
And instead of the actors names you could put the people that worked on the game in the same font. Man I truly would be blown away with this type of theme integration.

Something tells me the licensor wouldn't allow something like that. It could be cool at the end, but it's altering the artistic beginning of the film. Now if they put it in without added info in place of the original text, maybe that could work. I just keep thinking back to a podcast where Charlie said, the licensor didn't want something that was a running movie in the game. I think this may have something to do with the movie clips as well, but it's just a guess.

#2873 2 years ago

Good point. Licensing is an interesting subject, so I’ve always wondered how the negotiations go. I’m sure the licensor is very protective of the property and of course, know what they want, so this may be what’s happening with trying to get more of the movie into the game. I’m just guessing by the way, as I don’t have insider knowledge. I haven’t even watched any stream as this is the first game I’m getting where I want to be surprised, so I don’t see what everyone is discussing here. I’m sure everyone at spooky will do what they can to make it as cool as possible. There’s much more video to add to the code as they’ve said!

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Hey, spooky…..
Did you happen to meet John carpenter through this game? If so….was he an influence??

They said on a podcast that they had a great relationship with the Akkad family who produced the films. I assume they own the license. Not sure if Carpenter owns any part of it, but I could be wrong.

1 week later
#3285 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Posted this in the other thread but maybe there’s some more visibility here:
Was hoping since day 1 that BOC’s “Don’t fear the reaper” would be present during a certain mode. Alternate the left and center ramp to pass the joint between Annie and Laurie. Time it out with so many combos so you don’t get busted by Sherrif Bracket at the hardware store. Who’s w me or am I nuts and it’s a bad idea? Most horror films have their attempts at humor…

Not something I would put in, but that's me. Licensing the song has it's own cost, first of all. I want this machine to be about the horror aspect of Halloween, the tension. I don't see passing the joint around to really be anything important to the main story. Realize I'm not downing you for the suggestion. I just would be confused if I saw that and thought maybe it was a Cheech & Chong machine I stumbled upon. I also am not keen on having a boob shot in the game either, so not everyone wants this scene. It's up to Spooky what they do, but again, I don't feel it's an important element to get the horror aspect across. Is it a memorable scene in the movie? I do know the scene but I don't watch this movie because of that. I'm playing a horror themed pinball about an iconic killer with killer music.

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Added orange anodized lock nuts in 6/32 and 8/32. Matches well with the orange plastic protectors.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet! Did you order those online?

#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Just updated the code and my Pingulp
Life is good
[quoted image]

Armor looks sick!

4 months later
#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Is there a CE blue edition? I saw that on someones post.

I think that signifies Ultraman.

3 weeks later
#4052 2 years ago

I think they mentioned adding a grace period on their last stream. That would be great. Grace periods are a great thing in pinball!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods
Toys/Add-ons
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 210.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=spandol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.