(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slrage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 2 years ago

Are there any advantages from buying from one of the Spooky dealers vs directly from Spooky?

#504 2 years ago

It’s gonna be a L O N G wait but I’m Stoked that I got a CE spot

2 weeks later
#945 2 years ago

CE #420 for me from KingPin

2 weeks later
#1534 2 years ago

Well said!

Quoted from aeonblack:

A whole lot of people in here who come across as impatient. Like as if most games that come out now are done and polished on release, when that simply isn't the case 99% of the time. Rick And Morty in it's current state is very different from how it was on release, for example. It has gotten a lot of updates, polish and things added...but it was fun on release too, it's just better now. I'm okay with a game getting updates that add and fix things after release. Spooky actually puts out updates pretty regularly, unlike other manufacturers. The layout is solid and any qualms I have can be fixed with code. Along with that, Luke and the rest of the spooky team have been very open about the state of the game now and where they want it to be and are working towards that. Be patient.
-They mentioned that there are a bunch of modes that are almost (or actually) ready to be added. Maybe not on release, but they will be.
-They mentioned that the video assets (and most likely the sound assets, but I don't think they specifically mentioned that) are going to be improved, and what's in there already is encouraging that they have a generous license. For a licensed game, that's probably the single most important thing. The music (original and edited/alternate stuff, as well as original being used is a good sign), the sound clips of jamie from the movie, the video clips that are in there from the movie...all those are good indications as to what they can and can't do. Obviously I don't know the details of that, but it's a good sign.
-They mentioned tons of specific things that are going to be resolved with the code and were upfront that the game will not be 100% on release, you're not honest like that if you want to move units and have a stance that the game is "done" so you can avoid releasing code (*cough* stern *cough*). They've already moved the units, now they can focus on manufacturing and coding and implementation. I doubt the guys coding have to worry about getting down on the factory floor to help much, so calm down, they'll do some coding. They mentioned specific things they want to fix or add, were open to suggestions (midnight madness) and you can tell they just want the game to be solid. Be patient.
In my opinion, any time a game has any kind of upper playfield(s), you get the same old broken records jerking off about flow. Listen, early 80's solid states had great flow, go play those and stay in the stone age. I want something different, something unique, with interesting ball-flow, not fast ball flow. You want to know why a series of loops on a flat surface are easy to nail and give you all the flow you want? Because it's easy. I want to support companies willing to take chances on something unique, and if it means that all the kinks are not ironed out right away, so be it, the important part is that they care about those kinks being ironed out and are willing to work at them. By all indications I have seen, Spooky seems to care about that, so I'm content. I do hope they can get the ball moving a bit quicker as it goes from playfield to playfield, but if they can't it's not going to kill the game for me. Not every game needs to be lightning fast to be good.
Anyways, nice work Spooky, can't wait for #154 to get here! Ultraman isn't my thing, but it also looks really great.

1 week later
#1969 2 years ago

So I’ve played 5 games and wanted to give my initial feedback.

1. Stop sweating the LED lights. When playing it is truly a non issue.

2. The topper needs some work. It’s really cool but needs the metal plate behind the knife powder coated black IMO. Spooky Luke is open to suggestions but as of yet has not come up with a great way to cover the motor. I feel blacking out the metal plate will help a lot but then again just my humble opinion.

3. This is not a game you are going to walk up to and play great. It’s challenging and thats a really good thing.

4. It’s hard to judge overall atmosphere at a pinball show but I’m encouraged.

5. It in no way plays slow. It has a good an intense pace that keeps you on your toes so don’t sweat the speed of the game.

6. The Spooky team is awesome but y’all already knew that!

All for now!

#1981 2 years ago

I’m person….The only difference between the butter cabinet and the regular cabinet is that the butter one is a matte finish look and the regular one is a gloss finish. Other than that…..they look identical IMHO

Quoted from delt31:

Is it Just me or does the butter on the right look more purple on the front decal display? Time of day does look different. Never seen butter look this much different

#1986 2 years ago

Good question and from what I have read here I would have thought the butter one would have been glossy. The butter has a really great look (more “real” looking colors) and feels great (like butter smooth) don’t get me wrong but to the eye here at the show it does not have the reflective gloss that the original does.

I’ll try and get a pic here later that shows what I’m seeing.

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Sure you don’t have them backwards? The butter is glossy. And def has more saturated colors.

4 weeks later
#2681 2 years ago

I have been fortunate enough to put about 10 games on this machine and I can say that it plays great and has great flow.

I just watched the notorious stream and I can see where people are kinda turned off a little (He seems about 8 beers and 2 bong hits deep for sure ) At the same time I cut him some slack because he seems like a fan of the game and just wanted to share his excitement. I really feel he will look back at the repetitive animations and lack of accessible movie assets and realize it can get way way better.

As far as backing out on buying the game......well you will be missing out on a great layout with great shots and a cool atmosphere. One of the best suggestions I have heard was from a fellow Pinsider to include the clown mask scene.....that was a really cool suggestion and I hope they can incorporate that somehow.

I for one am excited to have this in my collection but also agree that if they don't fix some obvious issues that have come up here lately and take the animations and film clips to a "wow" level they will have missed a great opportunity to make a complete homerun of a pinball machine!

#2727 2 years ago

I hope you do get a chance to shoot it. You will feel a lot better. There are issues, no doubt but it’s a damn fun game to shoot. Hard but fun

Quoted from radfordian3505:

You have no reason to apologize as your 100% right as this is a major purchase and have every right to help contribute your feedback into a game we all desire too be better. I know I'm so ecstatic to shoot it as it looks so much fun.

2 months later
#3837 2 years ago

I've seen them both side by side. Decals are high gloss looking and sticky to run your hand over. Butter was matte like finish with more depth of color and was butter-like smooth to run your hand over.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone seen the butter and decal in person next to each other .I was hoping they would’ve been at expo to help me decide .It’s hard to tell from pictures .

1 month later
#3957 2 years ago

I hear that. If I didn't have number 420 I would be trading back at this point till they get er locked in!

Quoted from Roostking:

I'm ok with the waiting. This is a fairly complex pin and definitely pushing the Spooky team, I want mine to be as perfect as it can be.

2 weeks later
#3968 2 years ago

Could you show pics of how the decals are "sloppy?"

Quoted from P1nhead:

Correct, by phone and by email. Was told the insert was fixed and on the line when I was invoiced.
I'm not happy to say the least. Though, the option to ship it back is there and if I take that road... I'm going to ask to pay the extra $1000 for a butter cabinet, the decal job on this cabinet is very sloppy like others have posted on here.

#3971 2 years ago

Thanks for the pics. Sorry for your issues. Really surprised it left the factory like that. I have only had Chicago Gaming/JJP/Stern all NIB but have never seen those kind of issues before. Hate to see you (or I) have to spend 1k more for butter.

Quoted from P1nhead:

Sure - the worst offender is fixed, it was smack dab in the middle of Michaels forehead, some heat and pressure fixed it.
The corners of the decals are not cut in, allowing them to lift (especially when sawdust is covering the majority of the decal's corner underneath on one side).
PM of pics sent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slrage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.