(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a feature matrix anywhere for the 3 models? I can live without the topper and those side rails if there’s a base model without them, perfect!

559A2B11-8B47-40CA-B1EF-DEABBB734C77 (resized).png559A2B11-8B47-40CA-B1EF-DEABBB734C77 (resized).png3CBA37EF-44EE-48A6-9F4B-A97A4488FE0D (resized).png3CBA37EF-44EE-48A6-9F4B-A97A4488FE0D (resized).pngA54F7B59-092B-4743-9AB4-1D96C223A033 (resized).pngA54F7B59-092B-4743-9AB4-1D96C223A033 (resized).png3A011421-54B2-4EF2-A43E-59F90ED146C8 (resized).png3A011421-54B2-4EF2-A43E-59F90ED146C8 (resized).png
#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

The discount Donald Pleasance voice actor in the teaser is a bit of a red flag for me

Donald died 26 years ago, so it’s a bit hard to get him to say “Jack-Fucking-Pot!!” at present.

rd

#169 2 years ago

Last call for NZ orders ... you have till 10pm tonight to let me know what you want.

Dave.

79890DD2-CE05-4E3E-812F-B0630690AEDF.gif79890DD2-CE05-4E3E-812F-B0630690AEDF.gif
#374 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I heard the SE also doesn't have the knive by the shooter lane. Is that true?

Quoted from manadams:

Only the CE has it.

Nothing a quick trip to Walmart/Target won’t fix ....

rd

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

This is what happens when you have some free time in the studio

The blasting double bass drums at the end are sweeeet!

rd

3 weeks later
#1274 2 years ago

Who gives a f**k what the abbreviation is?

Just type Halloween.

Problem solved. And everyone knows what you’re talking about.

rd

#1444 2 years ago

The funniest thing on the stream chat was when someone asked “will Pinstadiums fit on this game?”

What, it’s not bright enough already? Are you blind? Ha!

rd

1 week later
#1940 2 years ago

Stern style Pop bumpers are the biggest waste of playfield space in pinball.

Super pops!

Super zzzz.

Exposed pops however … different story.

rd

69D1B70E-3844-4AE2-B7D5-4D5268604657 (resized).jpeg69D1B70E-3844-4AE2-B7D5-4D5268604657 (resized).jpeg
#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I can think of a few WPC games where the pop bumpers were a waste of space, Whitewater for one.

For sure.

Games like The Shadow are missing nothing without them.

rd

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s an easy decision, ask yourself these questions.
1. Are you going to actually see the art or is it up against two other games? (me: no I will not)
2. Do you even care enough to drop an extra $1k (me: no)
3. If you havnt SEEN the butter..do you even know what your missing. (me: I don’t)
4. Does a butter cabinet make it a better GAME? (me: no)
5. Can you think of better places to spend that $1k (me: yes, definitely)
6. Are you just made of money and don’t really care and just want the most expensive thing just cuz? (me: no)

Pretty much a perfect list.

I’m a NO on all that stuff too.

rd

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's a lie. We know you're made of money, Dave. You flew over here and bought a hearse and a bunch of games and shipped it all back.

True!

The hearse was $3k — that was paid for with 3x butter savings on my Spooky pins.

And the memories? Priceless!

Even Satchel agrees!

rd
A358F9C9-F911-442A-931E-56A795246F95 (resized).jpegA358F9C9-F911-442A-931E-56A795246F95 (resized).jpeg

#2128 2 years ago

I think people got some unrealistic expectations on timeframes early on.

They presumed there would instantly be 20 games a week churning out of the factory. From the launch date.

When I saw people saying “I’m #18x, I should get my game by Halloween!” I knew there was going to be some disappointment happening.

rd

3 weeks later
#2739 2 years ago

My 10c …

Quality of stream has sooooo much to do with public perception these days.

I was watching Godzilla the other day … the first 8 balls were instant drainers — everyone is like “ooohhh no it’s a drain fest!!”

Then Keith Elwin - arguably the best competitive pinball player ever in history - steps up to his ball 3 and shows everyone how awesome he is at pinball. Every game looks awesome when Keith is playing it!

Compare that to the other nights stream from Denver - no diss to NM, but it was so dark I couldn’t see any of the playfield, and the playing was not great, so I turned it off after 2 minutes.

You’re comparing a full on Stern production number, with the best pinball player ever, full lighting, top end cameras, done by a professional twitch streamer - to some dude who’s probably “had a couple” in his house in Denver.

You’d be crazy to base an opinion off that.

I’m sure Tommy’s stream posted above will be a lot better … I’ll check it out later.

rd

#2751 2 years ago

I guess I just have a good memory - and can remember back to when Alice Cooper came out (and numerous other Sterns etc as well …)

With Alice, it was all “his voice sounds shit” and “nothings happening” and “just a picture on the screen”

It took a while, but Alice is a pretty awesome game now.

Same with Guardians, that was all “bobidieeebooboeeee gate” for a long time. Pros were selling for $4000 as people rushed to sell them. Now, try and buy one. They’re still making new ones! Same with Stranger Things.

Etc etc etc.

Point being - have a little patience, it’ll all work out.

If you get your game and don’t like it - sell it on! Always a bunch of buyers out there for completed machines.

rd

1 week later
#3149 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I was watching the TPN podcast last night on Twitch and they were really speaking pretty bad about Halloween. They weren't fans of only the left side being mostly scoop shots. Mentioned that you just basically focus on knocking down all three drop targets and just focus on shooting the ramp. One guy went as far as saying that they didn't think code could improve the game. Not going to lie, has me slightly concern for the game. This is just one guys experience with the game. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1163134913

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

Do yourself a favour and don’t watch/listen to other people’s opinions. Your life will be enhanced, I promise you.

I haven’t watched that one (and likely won’t ..) so I don’t know who they are or what they said.

But I’ll tell you that a lot of the people who do pinball podcasts and vids know very little about pinball. When I do listen, the incorrect statements and wrong facts I hear are quite amazing.

Then people who hear this info think it’s correct, and then they start repeating them as well. And a new reality is created. Crazy stuff.

So do yourself a solid … either turn them off or listen with a large grain of salt.

rd

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

similar to what you mentioned of if you aren't hitting the mode shots you aren't racking up any significant score or making any progress to speak of, but eventually it grew on me.

That’s why I like the Spooky pins. They’re different.

If you’ve been around for a while, all the new Sterns are starting to sorta mold together. Lots of colourful art explosion, every shot adds points, and aim for MB after MB after MB. Just sorta gets boring after a while.

Don’t get me wrong - some of them are great games. But they all seem sorta the same after a while.

I’m looking for different stuff these days. Dare to be different. Bring it on.

rd

#3171 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

For the first time we should be able to gauge the game with completed code

No.

It won’t be anywhere near complete code.

Like Stern and JJP and all the others, that’ll be in 6-12 months.

rd

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

well diversified …
Zep
Hot Wheels
Godzilla
Halloween.

Sorta. They’re all new games.

Do yourself a favour and buy some 80s and 90s games.

As I told someone a few months back, “most of my favourite games don’t have ramps”

Now he owns a Centaur and a Firepower.

rd

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I actually think it takes 24 months for a game to fully mature. So many games get a great update like 18 months in.
*looks over at my Stern TMNT* ANY DAY NOW…

That’s a Dwight game. He probably considers its “finished”. Like he did with Ghostbusters for the longest time. lol

<hides and waits for Dwights fanboys to enter and fire up>

Lol

rd

#3178 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:why wait! Dwight gets a bad rap because of munsters. GB at the fully matured code is f’n awesome. TMNT…great out of the box. SW although not for everyone…great. He is not nearly as bad as people say.

<RD types out huge post>

<RD chickens out and deletes>

lol

rd

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

ball staging is still needed. This one will have the most impact on game play, as it affects ball timing. It takes 3-6 seconds for a ball in a scoop to be served up to a flipper lane. This makes playing the game difficult,

Honestly - I can’t see what the problem is here.

I’m sure it takes a exactly the same 3-6 seconds for the ball to travel from the left ramp entrance, all the way down the ramp, then down to the flipper.

All the classic BW games from the 90s with subways, they’re all the same. Shoot the Camera on Twilight Zone, then it needs to go down the subway, come out the scoop and get to the flipper. I bet that takes longer than 6 seconds.

I just don’t get it at all. 3-6 seconds?

Is it because you can’t see the ball? It’s out of sight for a few seconds?

I’m just flummoxed as to why this is some sort of problem. If it is, buy some stripped down POS like Led Zeppelin Pro where the ball is always visible … because there’s nothing at all on the playfield to hide it. Lol

rd

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Everyone complaining that movie clips need to be longer than 3-6 seconds, now staged balls are taking too long at up to 6 seconds. When are we supposed to watch all the clips and animations?

Yep.

Where are we at in life where 3-6 seconds is such a crisis?

And the $30 screen isn’t “true black” like their $3000 TV.

Honestly sometimes I just wanna throw in the towel. I don’t know how some people get through the day without having a some sort of hemorrhage with the minute things that worry them.

I tell you what - thank the lord I’m not in the pinball manufacturing business. There’s no pleasing half these f**ckers.

rd

2 weeks later
#3623 2 years ago

Watched the new movie last night.

Good popcorn stuff. Hand in your brain at the door.

However (spoiler …) it was pretty dumb that MM got shot a lot, stabbed a lot, beaten with bats a lot … and still got up like nothing happened and walked around and killed some more.

I thought he was a crazy dude - not a indestructible robot.

Can’t kill off the franchise I guess!

rd

1 week later
#3682 2 years ago

2 months later
#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

It's weird I had watched an unboxing video that also has an awesome packaging job like yours with moving blankets. I wonder what accounts for the discrepancy.

Butter/no butter.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.