(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2480 2 years ago

So I've had the new power supply Spooky is using apart to see what's doing for the cooling fan in it. Bad news/good news/good news situation.

Bad news is the fan in this new power supply (another NMB) is rated at 45dB and uses 0.58A. 45dB is about 3x louder than the one in Rick and Morty. LOUD with pretty high CFM.

Good news is the fan is on a thermal switch and seems to almost never come on, and when it does, it blows so hard the power supply is quickly cooled and it shuts off again.

Good news is the existing Spooky/Multimorphic fan I have in the pinmonk store will work as a quieter replacement, but honestly, I do not believe it's necessary to mess with this new power supply Spooky is using. Yes, the fan is actually louder, but the power supply seems to not need much active cooling and when it does, the fan's on and off pretty quickly. While playing the game, you may not even hear it if it DOES come on, and the power supply seems to not need cooling in attract mode, at least in Halloween.

We'll see how it performs as Halloween/Ultraman gets in more locations with different ambient temperatures, but my personal recommendation as of right now for the new Meanwell HRP-600-48 power supplies Spooky is using in Halloween/Ultraman? Leave them alone. Changing the power supply fan doesn't seem to be necessary for this one like it absolutely was on all the prior Spooky pins with the Meanwell SE-600-48 that didn't have a thermal switch.

#2506 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

So what is my approx. delivery date if I’m Halloween #539?

Mid-decade Festivus.

#2510 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Safe to ask what #’s are on the line now or will this get downvoted?

If #14 was shipped a week ago and they are hitting 20/week (all halloween so far?), then probably somewhere in the mid-late 30's on the line, but it's anyone's guess, really.

1 month later
#3675 2 years ago

Karl is livestreaming a Halloween play with live flipper temp testing now...

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

1 month later
#3844 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

My machine is still unplayable I replaced the computer today. It’s still crashing. Today it looks the box in the back left went out completely. The led isn’t coming on anymore. When I boot the machine now it looks like the power supply, the board on the right (power distribution board), and the amp are powering on. I attached a picture of the box that doesn’t seem to be receiving power anymore.
[quoted image]

Do you have a multimeter? The two leads on the left are hot and neutral and should be around 120v. If there's no line power in, that's why the 5v/12v power supply isn't working. With that one out, basically all your accessories that run on 5v/12v are out in the game.

I don't know how they're breaking out the line power to the large power supply and the small one, but I'd definitely check the wiring back to the plug.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.