(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3317 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

After I got used to the ball being served to both flippers, and was playing decently, I’d still lose 1/2 ball per game due to not noticing. Spooky should make ball staging their top priority and assign one person full time. The reason flipper feeds are a problem is that you don’t want to lose balls at the flippers from not noticing them until it is too late to flip. It is out of sight, out of mind. If ball scoop kicks out on top of a playfield, a player easily sees it from the moment of release until it arrives at flipper and the ball travels from one foot to three feet to arrive at the flipper. With Halloween when you see the ball appear, it has two inches to travel before it is on the flipper.
I’ve found I HAVE to constantly watch the flipper area with one eye. That leaves my bad eye for playing the game, watching the ball and looking at the lcd. When I should be concentrating on rules, shots needed and handling the ball, I must now add watch for ball rolling past bottom flippers at random times to the list. That is asking too much of player if it requires him to change the way he plays every other modern pin. Maybe some people are better picking up on other cues like the flashers and sounds to let them know a ball is being released and to look down to flipper areas, but I find current feeding pattern to be problematic and annoying and requiring of ball staging to resolve it. The sooner this happens, the better.

Well, you know....it is supposed to take skill to play pinball.

1 month later
#3820 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Has anyone run across a short happening in your game? My game keeps rebooting. AJ and I are both scratching our heads as to what’s going on. He’s going to send some replacement parts as they come in. Thought I’d just check in to see if anyone else has been having a reboot issue.

Did you measure 5 and 12volts on the power supply?

1 month later
#3945 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

just cut a hole in the ceiling, that’s what I did.
[quoted image]

Why didn't you cut a hole for the TFTC topper?

#3948 2 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Maybe because the TFTC topper is meh.?

But it still completes the game and the room.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.