(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2798 2 years ago

Disclaimer, I haven't watched any gameplay except a little bit of the animator's stream, which didn't show much.

Would it be possible to show very quick clips (2-3 sec) or even just stills of associated footage when mode shots are successfully made? At the end, show a little longer clip to signify failure or success? I don't want the whole movie in the game, but use it to drive the story through the modes. That way a person doesn't have to win a mode to see actual Halloween imagery.

Add me to the list of people who weren't impressed with the current custom animations... hoping for improvements and changes here as well.

#3042 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

For locations i hope they come up with a better way to grab the players attention the ball coming up under those sling plastics is extremely difficult to get use to and on location I’m not sure if the player is going to put enough money in to get past that hiccup

If the GI is individually controlled like on R&M, they can flash the lamp under the sling to draw attention to the eject. Regardless, it can't be any worse than R&M's portal shot eject... that one blows by newbs every f'n time. At least ops can setup a ballsaver for it.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If the GI is individually controlled like on R&M, they can flash the lamp under the sling to draw attention to the eject. Regardless, it can't be any worse than R&M's portal shot eject... that one blows by newbs every f'n time. At least ops can setup a ballsaver for it.

Edit:

Also, perhaps they can create a sound effect that only plays when an inlane eject occurs. Think of the scoop and saucer eject sounds we always hear in Funhouse, Whirlwind, etc. If the eject sound has top priority (always playing over other sounds when neeed), it won't take long to associate it with inlane feeds.

(My mind just thought of Keefer getting completely hosed by a soundless Tron scoop eject in a tourney... sounds are important!)

#3049 2 years ago

Sounds good, guess the other person didn't notice the warnings.

1 week later
#3321 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

All the classic BW games from the 90s with subways, they’re all the same. Shoot the Camera on Twilight Zone, then it needs to go down the subway, come out the scoop and get to the flipper. I bet that takes longer than 6 seconds.

But they're not: both NF and STTNG stage a ball at the kickout to speed things up. Who Dunnit may as well, been a while since I owned that one. Nothing wrong with requesting ball staging as it's nothing new, but also nothing wrong with Spooky not prioritizing it right now considering the early state of code.

1 month later
#3822 2 years ago

Is this running a PC connected to the Pinotaur board? If so, try re-seating the RAM on the PC. If you have compatible RAM, swap in yours and test. Memtest the RAM if possible. Re-seat any SATA connectors. Clone the SSD to a new drive and swap that in and test.

Seems that around 1% of PC hardware tends to crap out early... could be a component in there lasted long enough to pass Spooky tests but is failing now.

3 weeks later
#3871 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

He was spooky's first distributor. Bought my NIB Rob Zombie from him, and Alice Cooper, and Halloween. Gotta say I was surprised his allocation was in the 900s.

Distributor allotments were interleaved. Pinballstar got earlier games, the 955 game is in a later batch. Check that owner google spreadsheet to see the groupings.

#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Interesting. The email I got showed 30+ pins in the 900s. Figured that was it.

Naw, looks like Star actually got the first non-Spooky batch starting at #100. Spooky cycles through their distributors multiple times throughout the run.

2 weeks later
#3919 2 years ago

Chimp flip cost me a 100M game... had 90-something, wound up in this dimension and drained when I needed to make a left-right slapsave and they chimped instead. Tied with the swamp as the most difficult dimension to play through.

1 month later
#3992 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

The only other issue I am having is the right lifter is not recognizing the ball.

There's a bug where the right side won't lift and needs to ballsearch, this may be what you're seeing.

#4020 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There is some weird behavior with 1.05 code. That will be corrected in the new update. Prior to 1.05 it was one orbit per mode previously completed that ball.

Yeah I noticed it took a lot of shots to get the targets back up. I just figured you were Battletoading the pumpkin difficulty til the wizard mode was ready...

To make the target/mode relight more interesting, maybe have the player shoot either orbit to light a hurryup on an upper playfield, counting down (quickly) from the prior mode total score. Make the hurryup and the drops reset. Fail and orbits relight for the same, except hurryup starts half the mode total, and the targets reset whether the hurryup is made or not. This also makes the modes potentially more valuable for skillful players.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.