(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Does anyone know if this game will have full video and voice assets from the film? The discount Donald Pleasance voice actor in the teaser is a bit of a red flag for me. I would want full audio and video clips from the movie before pulling the trigger on this game.

They said they had a bunch but not full access to everything.

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Yeah I'm well aware he is dead but thanks for the insight. There are more than enough soundbites from the film that could be used. Some random voice actor would kill the theme immersion and experience for me.

You're probably going to get a mix of both. With selling 1,250 games you'll have more time to see a stream before purchase but no date set for one yet.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No real game play shown other than the trailer release?

Doesn't look like it, said they were super busy and the official stream is dependent on when Deadflip can make it to a location that has one. The game or games are not even officially on sale to the public for a couple more weeks so most fang club members believe in them enough to secure one without waiting. Worst case scenario would be you put a deposit down and have to sell it to someone else because you didn't like the layout or other features of the game.

#167 2 years ago

This kid may have to change his shorts after watching the reveal lol...

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Hopefully got a CE through Joe @ pinballstar.com. He sent me a email blast ordered it and $2060 PayPal withdrawal from my card. Fingers crossed.

If the Paypal went through you got one, congrats!!!

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I heard the SE also doesn't have the knive by the shooter lane. Is that true?

Only the CE has it.

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I see 9 ball paths on the main playfield. I heard on the podcast that there were 10 shots on the main playfield.
Does anyone know where the 10th shot is?
[quoted image]

You missed one between 6 & 7.

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Anyone that bought from PinballStar get any emails etc. Since purchase? Just checking. I'm thinking all ok buy anyone hear anything? I had the PayPal deposit confirmation email and they did say it may take a bit. So yeah just being antsy...

Nothing yet here.

2 weeks later
#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Why can't we get more video?

My theory is that Charlie wants to give the general public at the Horror Convention a chance to swipe up the remaining games that distributors have. They would probably be gone by now if there was any decent gameplay video put up.

1 week later
#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

They also talked about putting a dimmer setting in for the LED strips in code.

They also said the LED's look brighter on camera than in person but being able to adjust them is an awesome feature.

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Implementation of the uppers needs something more in code. Watching the ball drain slowly from..the... third down ...to...the ...second... To... the ...play field drove me nuts after a while.
I know they have a ton to code yet so hopefully they address it
I have to watch the stream again, but from what I saw ultra man looked better at this point by a lot. And I have no interest in that theme. I'm #367 HWN.
Lots of time to add what is needed, and I look forward to watching their progress. Good job so far guys!

Improving the code on the upper playfields is not going keep the ball up there longer, that's on the player getting more familiar and skilled at doing. The design of this game is going to require patience at times and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

4 weeks later
#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What happened to the pumpkin by the scoop??

It's there, don't know why you can't see it.

#2405 2 years ago

Well duh I can see it. It’s facing the wrong way.

yeah I finally realized the intent of your question after someone else replied haha.

1 week later
#2633 2 years ago

Why are people so up in arms about code that is still so early? It's been stated they have more movie clips that will be implemented.

#2638 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

It looks like Spooky still did not address the “allowee” on the topper..

I think he got his game before the change was made.

#2641 2 years ago

Oh and all the complaints about the included bad ass topper missing a few lights on the end, you don't get an included topper with Godzilla to complain about while you're forking out $1500 more for the LE.

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Because games are going out the door. It’s not like we are watching prototypes in Benton. These are on location production machines with not even 25% of the clips in it and animations are incomplete.

Games with other manufacturers have gone out the door with code way less complete or desirable and they are not boutique companies either like Spooky. If it was six months in and movie clips or animations were lacking still then I could see a valid reason to complain but has it even been a month yet?

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Exactly. Have we all forgotten B66?

Or the walking dud... lol

#2666 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Been 76 days since this thread started. Looks like 2 1/2 months according to my wvw math.
As for have we forgotten bm66? I'll be happy to wait a year or even 2 if we get a guarantee a complete package such as bn66 will be delivered.
Which btw arrived at my door fully coded and 2k cheaper nib when I ordered it.

I'm guessing people started actually receiving games middle to end of last month regardless of when the thread started. Seems like a pile on session on things that may change, maybe have a little patience but what the fuck do I care...I ordered an Ultraman so no dog in this fight for me.

1 week later
#3038 2 years ago

Man is the excitement down for Halloween or what? I am still excited for it.

So much doom and gloom when very few have even played it and code is very early.

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I read that line as saying GNR shoots like a dog.

You're right, I read it again and see that now.

3 months later
#3922 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Fleep! Fleep! Fleep!

haha... that's where that came from, priceless!!!

1 month later
#3965 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

#68. I waited MONTHS for the fix.

Did they even announce they were fixing the insert for sure by the time #68 rolled off the line? I'm guessing you told them to skip completing your game until it was fixed and got a confirmation that would happen?

7 months later
#4081 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Will or does anybody sell side art blades and speaker light kits for those who just ordered a standard edition?

I'm pretty sure you can order them from Spooky. Just email [email protected] and ask.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.