(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kciaccio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Feedback please. All preference I know, but do spooky owners like their pins as much as stern they own? I was gonna get Mando but love Halloween theme as well. Just not sure what to do and I need to decide by tomorrow lol

I don't buy Sterns because you can play any Stern on location somewhere in almost any decent city. I always choose the hard to find pins to play for my home collection. Spooky makes an awesome pinball machine. I have an ACNC and buying the Halloween tomorrow and can't wait to get a TNA 2.0 when they come out. I also am waiting on delivery of my Alien pin in next couple weeks. Sterns are everywhere..

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

They have top notch distributors...why aren't people using them when the website is obviously struggling?

$60 paypal fee and eliminating the middle man.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Order #11454 at 9:37 cst. Wasted a good 30 minutes this morning. Excited to get my first spooky pin on location though.

What level did you get? If it isn't a CE your location will be waiting a very long time..lol

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

I got a CE. Really just subsidizing my hobby with my on location pins and putting the $ in my kids college accounts. They earn well and pay themselves off in ~18 months. I live in a tourist town (Florida panhandle - it’s kind of a pinball desert) so I get several people a week find me on pinside to play. I’ve thinking smaller run niche games on location will bring in a few more “pinball tourists.” Have an alien shipping soon, too.

Putting a Pinball Brother Alien on location? Brother I salute you..lol Hope you don't have a full time job keeping that one up. I have the Alien delivering in a couple weeks but I expect it to be a pain in the ass on maintenance..

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

I’ll pull it if it causes too many issues. Always happy to safe keep them at my house. I guess I need to check the Alien thread to get an idea of what I’m getting into lol. Fingers crossed.

There is a guy on the thread that is posting videos on fixing issues he has encountered. You are definitely going to have to go through it when you unbox.

1 week later
#661 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It is kind of misleading. Half the games are pre allotted to distros. Then people scream SOLD OUT! when Spooky runs out, for nothing more than bragging rights. It's not Spooky that's the problem though, it's the people here screaming it.

Half of the games go to Distributors? Never heard that number..

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

the first 50 or so are license holders/locations/friends - again...that's just based on what they've said in the past, not claiming to know exacts.

I think there is like 3 distributors. You are saying they took 291 units on to sell per distributor?

1 week later
#767 2 years ago

Just got my email from spooky. #61..

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

so, here is a work in progress. . .
[quoted image]

My order number is YOUR ORDER ID NUMBER IS: 11318. And it was a CE.

#871 2 years ago

Add this guy as #60

Screenshot_20210723-195950_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210723-195950_Facebook (resized).jpg
#959 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yeah! Let’s go! Finally someone else with a BSE. All these CE fat cats are gonna be so jealous when they see the real LE.

Fat cats are CE with a butter cab. Ce just makes sense for 1k with all the extras you get over BSE..lol

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobster123:

Does anyone have a idea on time frame to receive a CE in 900 range? 6 months ? Year?
Thx

Once they start production, which they said very soon they said they will build 20 to 40 a week.

#963 2 years ago

Is this the first flipper trying to make 1k?
Screenshot_20210725-101956_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210725-101956_Chrome (resized).jpg

#974 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What is the point of flipping a machine for 1k lol
Way too much aggravation.

Aggravation for 1k? Spot number 456 sure didn't put much effort into it. Put 2k on a credit card do a couple e-mails and a listing and make 1k for that?

You must make mad money lol...

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I want to see Halloween gameplay video.
Please!

Someone should go on the Horror Convention Facebook page and ask someone to post a video of game play...lol

#1180 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

As good as this game looks, I really don't think it will stay long in most collections. Which is good news for others to own this game when they get flipped...and a high percentage will be flipped.
UM seems the better option. HWN is a one-trick pony, and UM seems to offer more variety and fun for the player (and all the family).
I love HWN, but it's not a great match for a modern pinball machine...as you owners will soon discover. The Evil Dead however, a match made in hell!

Another person who will be eating crow like Cary Hardy did about this title...

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I agree the lighting works super nice on ultraman and hope some of the light shows for Halloween are changed to be more creepy and spooky.

Agreed, very easy to change in code. Way to many disco colors going on and ruins the mood/theme of the game.

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Admire and appreciate your passion for this theme!! Hoping it meets or exceeds your expectations.....this one will live in my horror/ terror row w Heighway AlienLE, TWDLE, and BSD, so definitely bring it!!!

Mine too..Alien (Pinball Brothers), ACNC, and Tales from the Crypt.

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

How do I cast twitch to my big screen Roku?
My phone won't do it, really want to see in in 65", not 4"

Go to internet browser mode and go directly to web address. https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#1448 2 years ago

I am a little nervous.
I don't think Jack was loving shooting these games. Not trying to be negative but 9k plus is a gamble when there are other options out there. I know there is a lot of coding to do yet but I will re-watch and focus on the flow next time I watch again. I am a Spooky fan and own a ACNC but not sure I have room for 2 pins with so so flow going on.

Edit..After re-watching the stream I feel better about HWN. There is good flow. It will now depend on coding and presentation. Curious on how fast that will be. They said they will do it evenly between the 2 themes so does that mean it will take twice as long as when they do a single title? Does not really matter as long as they don't quit I guess. I kind of like the experience of updating code and seeing new things.

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Missed the stream as it was movie night with the fam. Hopefully it will be posted later tonight!

Jack said he is putting it up on YouTube tonight when he gets home.

#1510 2 years ago

Did anyone notice how many times they shot the ramp to get to upper playfield but ball didn't have enough velocity and kept coming back down?
Seemed like a lot. And that is with good players playing.

At least it does not fall sdtm.

#1783 2 years ago

They must keep the knives locked up until the end...lol

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Yeah the code and the machines should be well dialed in. So long wait, but it should be ready out of the box with updated code. Even though I have a standard, I still think it's fair that the CE and BSE get their machines first. It's only fair if you are paying more money.

Some people are just getting their ACNC this month and they still had build issues so don't count on it..lol

#1797 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

The powdercoat colors available don't appeal to me and the topper with the knife slot could have something DIY'd with all of the licensed stuff out there for sale. The mod sellers will also have plenty of creative add-ons so the art blades and whatnot will be interesting as well. Sure, a base standard won't be as desirable, but these machines rarely stay totally stock. I don't see $2k worth of value when I would rather hand pick my machine's final look.

No Knocker, No shaker, no armor, No plastic protectors, No topper, No powder coat, No extra toy, No side blades.No speaker covers, no lights in speakers, no custom shooter rod...It starts to add up...

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I might go with this powder coat [quoted image]

I heard the powder coating looks much better in person and probably is close to your sample there.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

Looking at the for sale ads, we are now seeing lots of people trying to unload their game. I rushed to get a deposit down on a CE just like most here and still ended up around #900.
I don’t care that all these guys are dumping because of that ridiculous Jack Danger video that contained a quarter of the sounds and assets. I know this game will be good once it’s finished. I just wished I would have waited and scooped up one of these earlier numbers for the same price or lower from these panic sellers.
Hindsight I guess..

There is a guy on the Facebook page needing a later number because of house reno..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/halloweenpinball

Hey all! I have #88 through spooky, but trying to see if I can go down the list a bit if possible with a swap (higher the number the better). Home remodeling over the next year or so and won't have space/time/etc to set it up and if I would receive this early I'd just put it in storage for a good while.
I'm assuming swapping numbers only works within the same source of purchase (direct/distributors).

#1878 2 years ago

I love that they did the speaker panel in gold too.

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am just not feeling it. Everything looks great but that speaker panel needs something. Too much empty space of just gold, like it needs some accents/detail.
Not a deal breaker by any means, it just looks off to me.

I agree. I have a decal on my ACNC speaker panel. I could not stand the plain black. Looked like a virtual pin or something.

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

It looks fantastic in person! The regular cabinet looks good, but you can see the color difference between the two.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great pic. It really does show a color difference between them.

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Same "X-Ray" video on Youtube for those that are FB challenged.
Good shot of the lifter mechanisms.

good video explaining under playfield and back box. They also said would be shipping with some spare parts.

1 week later
#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Haven’t even taken the glass off. I’ll do that tomorrow…In my experience…Spooky playfields set the bar…

I agree. My ACNC looks fantastic. No issues and hardly a dimple on it.

2 weeks later
#2497 2 years ago

I am kind of surprised I have not received an invoice yet being number 61 at the rate they say they are building them..

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Number 61 Halloween will be the 80 something game since Ultraman is mixed in. I believe they are still under the original 50. Last communication was 20 in boxes and 20 on the line, I think.

What is the lead time from invoice until built? If they are doing 20 per week that is a 3 week lead time. Do they invoice days before it being built? I thought the invoice 3 weeks before game is done.

#2523 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The video part of the games is where Spooky has lagged behind a bit - they are making improvements with each game. I’m a little surprised by the comments though, just taking a look at Spooky’s previous title would have given you an idea of what they do on the screen

I think this time should be different since they have access to actual film cuts. First pin I think they have made with movie film cut access.

My Alien pin is a perfect example how good a pinball can be with lots of film cuts used while playing. It is amazing.

#2528 2 years ago

I also look at and "feel" the screen during gameplay, especially depending on how well it is integrated. As others have brought up, the HW Alien is one of the most total experiences in a pinball machine, due in no small part to a large backbox screen for effect and a PF screen to keep you in the action. Tie that in with David's audio, and very few come close. Sadly, a failed manufacturer never allowed this one to see total fruition, but what it has won'tbe matched by a cheaper version.

Don't be so sure. The LV hasn't even been shown yet and the sound with my "Cheap" Alien is awesome and the screen is still bigger than Sterns and Spooky's.

#2531 2 years ago

I think if I don't receive my invoice by next week, having this pin by Halloween is not gonna happen.

#2533 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

at 61, I would think so by Halloween.

You would think but the 3 week build window and week to deliver is getting close for comfort.

#2537 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Of this I'm quite sure (wrong thread however). I'm sure LV will have different art, shaker, armor, and beacons, but no video changes. Glad some can buy a new value engineered version now, as the game is still great.
Back to the awesome game that is unfolding here...very, very excited!!!

It added a physical ball lock and extra magnet. Not sure you can say Value engineered. If the LV has a bigger screen I would say it ties the original.

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Thank you for the note I love you guys are in here!
Do the clips have the actors speaking? Are you able to say? Will they be longer than a few seconds per clip? Thanks!

I can answer that fr

Quoted from John-Floyd:

True on LZ - I own one and it was routed wrong. It happens…thankfully it’s in the back - not right in the middle of the playfield haha. Looks terrible. Oh well I’ll find out soon enough if it gets corrected on mine.
One question for spooky games -do they also have they option to put more than 3 letters on the high score? My Stern games give me the option. Gotta make sure “HOTSAUCE” is plastered all over the leaderboards to make my buddies jealous.

Yes. You can put a very long name in high scores.

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

When I have a new game on order and arriving soon, I always try and think of ways I can mod it. I have not thought of anything I really want to add to this game? It really is loaded, and when I saw it in person I thought-they even already have the perfect flipper topper stickers that tie in with playfield art-stunning. The Backalley sculpted props are perfect! The only thing I can think of adding as of now is a set of orange superbands and an under cabinet color changing red/orange/yellow special effect light?
This game is already a masterpiece and does not need much

Agreed.

Maybe a playfield protector is all I might get at this point. But that upper part that the ball goes over that bridge could use work.

#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm still so hyped for this game! Thanks to all who have given us poor folk further down in the queue a sneak peek by uploading vids and impressions. With me being in Australia it's going to be some time before I see mine but I cannot wait.
There is one thing I am curious about that I haven't seen mentioned. For those that have their machines what's the audio quality like? Have to say my last couple of machines (not Spooky) were a little disappointing in the sound department so I had to upgrade with pinwoofers, new speakers etc. Just wondered what the owners thought of the audio quality?
Keep up the excellent work Spooky - this pin looks incredible!

Spooky has a robust sound system.

You will not be disappointed.

#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I was thinking how AMAZING would it be if this was the attract mode background or when you press the start button.i truly believe it would totally immerse you into the Halloween universe.
And instead of the actors names you could put the people that worked on the game in the same font. Man I truly would be blown away with this type of theme integration.

I always like the Halloween 3 opening credits.

Off topic but since you brought this up.

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I doubt there are more than 5 minutes worth of clips in Alien. They’re all just a few seconds worth of transitions or game mode/mood setup. I also doubt Fox was super carefree with their license. Also, clips of the actual Xenomorph? Maybe two or three total clips.

Truth.

They really did a good job with the limited clips they had making it feel really immersive. I was hoping Spooky would be able to pull off the same feel.
Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case. They are going in a different direction.

Alien uses graphics over the actual video footage which works great. Seems like Spooky is not taking this approach, which I wish the would. They are doing Video and graphics separately. Maybe that is a licensing issue that they wont let them do it like Alien.

If that isn't the case they should shit can what they have and attack it at the Alien angle. Just my opinion.

#2973 2 years ago

I'm not a fan of old Axle.

Facts.

#3056 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I was hyped until I got to play it a bunch and my personal doubts and fears of the layout really set in. No firmware update is gonna fix that.

Not having pop bumpers hurting this title?

#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Certainly still on the agenda but right now #1 priority is getting you guys the on screen content you want to see! We will definitely revisit that later on but for now I think everybody generally really loves how the game plays and it does play way faster than you would ever expect out of 3 levels!

Agreed, please keep priority on the Sound and animations.

#3224 2 years ago

Got my email for numer 61 today.

I also stopped by Pinball Life today at played Utraman pin in their warehouse.

Good day today.

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

My biggest pinball wish (ok...maybe right after Harry Potter) is for Spooky to make Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm St someday. Seeing the love they are pouring into Halloween makes me absolutely drool over the prospect of seeing those three titles lined up. I would be 100% in on CEs of all three.

I like your style!

#3466 2 years ago

New code is looking so good! Game is progressing so well. Love it!

1 week later
#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

#52 showed up this morning.
[quoted image]

How long did it take to deliver after paying for it?

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Options email 10/1
Invoice 10/7 paid same day
Shipped 10/11
Delivered 10/13

Thanks! I was optioned on 10/1 and haven't heard anything since. So there is still a chance I get it by Halloween. Awesome!

#3558 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice for #61. Looks like I will have it by Halloween!

#3602 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Watched and enjoyed it last night. Pretty much impossible to every beat the original and initial followup in any series ( maybe John Wick for me).
HK had enough to be a good flick. Actually thought several parts ( his face shots/ images, subtle stuff going on behind, throwback tie ins, nice blood and guts) were actually quite good for this kind of movie.
Decent plot, couple cringe worthy moments for sure. I've seen way worse....overall, it delivered.

I liked all the parts that didn't have Jaimie Lee Curtis in it....I know that sounds harsh but it's true for me. She is like a broken record now, sort of like Linda Hamilton in the last Terminator movie..

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kind of agree w you...she's obviously a key player in the whole thing, but got too cosmic in her theory stuff. I don't need this kind of movie to make sense to be good. If she'd got out and stabbed him in eye or something.... might have been better...
Michael did kick ass however...just enough carnage to keep it a slasher

That fire fighter fight scene..lol

#3628 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Aliens was a fantastic sequel!

Aliens was better than the Alien. Anybody who says otherwise is lying. I appreciate Alien being ground breaking but Aliens topped it.

#3640 2 years ago

According to documentaries Halloween was not suppose to be exclusive to Michael Myers. It was going to be different stories. But Michael Myers became so popular they abandoned that direction after Halloween III.

1 week later
#3722 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This title is not a title that I feel will need any sound upgrades on. The music and call-outs do not scream for sound improvements and the stock system should be more than good. I would not waste any money trying to improve sound quality, this is not a crank it up style game imo. I think the only thing I plan on adding is orange Super-Bands, Silver-jets, orange LED under cabinet lighting(maybe), and if I can find the correct scale I want to add Loomis and Laurie somewhere.

I kept turning the volume down because I was getting some glass rattle from the bass. Having good bass on this title is good because of the jump out at you scene music really gives it good effect.

I already have an external sub kit that connects 5 pins to one sub so I might as well add this pin to it. I am going to back off the bass in the machine a tad and let the external sub do some of the lifting to reduce glass rattle and add the anti rattle tape.

It also seemed like the smaller speakers were trying to push bass out to and had some distortion because of it. I am going to look at that also. I want those speakers just handling mids and high range for clear speech.

#3728 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I am looking to do same. What/ where are you connecting inside the pin to get audio out to sub ?

Connect this directly to the wires on the subwoofer..

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-push-on-kit

And then I use this kit to connect multiple pins to one subwoofer..

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#3772 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Even Kaneda wouldn't say something that ridiculous.

Don't be to sure...I actually think I heard him say it once..

1 month later
#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Any one else having issues with their lock bar on their halloween? I recd #177 on 12/23 and I having multiple issues with my Lockdown bar.
First, I can't get the lockdown bar to clear the Glass on the left side. It hits the glass. It appears my glass is cut unevenly-see photos. But even when I take the glass out of the machine the lockdown doesn't fit correctly.
Second issue, the lockdown bar is extremely tight but not on the sides like they normally do. The bar will not pull up and out. It rubs on the left side by where the latch grabs it(see photos) and it prevents the lockdown bar from lifting up and out. I tried adjusting the plate that receive the lock bar but there is not wiggle room there.
Third issue, is the latch on the Right Side hits the bottom of the playfield. Will not allow me to wiggle it at all. -see photos.
Extremely frustrated. I have 16 pins and never once have issues with a lock bar let alone all of these issues at once.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On the last pics you need to make sure the latches are up before fully dropping playfield or I usually just push up on the playfield and push latches past the playfield and let playfield drop down an inch again.

16404527508792711071911219684353 (resized).jpg16404527508792711071911219684353 (resized).jpg1640452781484592102335373791710 (resized).jpg1640452781484592102335373791710 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Maybe because the TFTC topper is meh.?

Mine had the green inserts in the head and I put a green lcd strip inside and it lights up green and ties into the back box lighting and works really cool on mine..

#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I have a tftc topper that my wife made just haven’t put it in yet. I have the green inserts as well.

I got some u channel from Home depot, cut to length and put the led strip inside so it would not bleed the green light out other than through the inserts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kciaccio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.