(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider k9marshal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2081 2 years ago

I realize this is knit picky but when you look at the pin and all of the hardware (speaker grill, side armor, hinges, coin door, legs) are powder coated and then I see the shooter housing as crappy silver I become curious why no one says "hey, lets just throw this in with the rest and make it look complete" - I mean it is a collectors edition and the top of their line.

Don't get me wrong I am excited for the pin and actually have swapped twice now to move forward and get it sooner....just feel that it cant cost much more if anything more to add the shooter housing in the oven - I have all my pins powder coated and it does not cost me more to add one more item.

Sticks out like a sore thumb

647dee8839f5888286441c74f5a2f2325240b3bf (resized).jpg647dee8839f5888286441c74f5a2f2325240b3bf (resized).jpg
#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That isn’t how it will be in the final product. The cool knife shooter was removed for the show and replaced with a standard shooter assembly. The knife version is slotted so the blade handle won’t turn.

that makes sense - but is the housing on the final product going to match or still be silver? I looked at the spooky video and the housing with the knife is still silver and in my opinion would look way better with the matching powder coat

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I just when back and looked also. I thought I heard that they figured out a way to keep the knife straight. If so, that means there is a different shooter housing that should be powder-coated to match.

that would be great! I know my OCD A@@ would be wasting money getting it powder coated if it comes silver.

#2094 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Id like the shooter plate to be a knife block. Nice walnut cored wood and the plunger would be pulling the blade from it. Looks cool to me regardless.

It’s all cool - it’s just the point if you’re going to the extent of powder coating everything else why not throw that in the oven as well to match ‍♂️

3 weeks later
#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Agreed, the animation was lacking in AIQ. But the overall look came off like it was one artist's vision vs. a mashup of different styles, hence the comparison.
Also agree that the comic vibe is out of place for Halloween. I hope the license holder can be persuaded to rethink the decision to minimize clips to drive the narrative. This is basically the Citizen Kane of horror films! What made the Big Lebowski pinball so hot? You guess it: copious amounts of clips from the film.

I cannot agree more. Watching that animation with the hand at the car window was terrible imo. The greater amount of clips from the movie the better this pin will be, period. I totally understand the thought process of earning movie clips by completing modes but I want non stop integrated movie/game experience from the moment I press the start button. Why not make it as bad ass as possible???

#2822 2 years ago

I’m sure I speak for many who are dying to get their hands on their Halloween pin - please please please update everyone on where you are at in regards to shipping out pins on a more consistent basis - just a simple hey guys we are shipping out numbers blah blah blah would be awesome for everyone waiting impatiently lol and would keep the fires burning

#2833 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

6 games per day right now! I threw some updates in the previous halloween thread but the threads move so fast.

Awesome Luke!! And appreciate the update. I’m sure we all have liked and follow Spooky’s Facebook page - if it was me I’d be pumped as hell putting up a post every week with a pic of games on their way out to their final destination - maybe the customer can then add pics of them with their new pin / CE number etc - would be a cool interaction between all involved

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Nah this is missing tons of Michael shots. Entire car strangulation scene is missing. Entire phone cord strangulation scene is missing. Also all the times he watched from outside the window and then killed the dog. And more various. And other scenes cut short.

no dog killing allowed

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thank you for the response!!! I'm just impatient and I'm sure you're doing all you can to make them as fast as you can.
Jeff

Jeff, just move up to a lower number like I have done twice already lol. I'm still trying to move up but its tougher to sell my current spot as too many are listed right now. I started at CE 505 and now sit at 254

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Mine is lower than 254 already so no need to move up. I'm honestly not in any hurry I'm just naturally impatient.
Jeff

Want to challenge yourself? We can trade spots lol

1 week later
#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Oh yeah I'm #159 halloween ce and absolutely can't wait to get it and play.

I’m 160! Can’t wait either I think it’s going to be awesome and love that Spooky listens to feedback and makes sensible changes based on what the players want

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider k9marshal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=k9marshal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.