(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Feedback please. All preference I know, but do spooky owners like their pins as much as stern they own? I was gonna get Mando but love Halloween theme as well. Just not sure what to do and I need to decide by tomorrow lol

Hell ya!

And Stern will be making Mando for ages, so you can always circle back and get that one NIB later anyway.

#213 2 years ago

Halloween CE via Joe. Smooth as usual!

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Man, I just went to the store to order a hoodie.... was this the wrong time to order that?

lol

1 week later
#682 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

HELL YAH I just won a CE Halloween/Ultraman machine in the raffle!!!!!!!!!!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"969e5e60684f067e418574ac8265b333e63b7132-1626654471-1800"};
//]]>

Hmm should I do Ultraman so that I have both?

You are obligated to do both now

#907 2 years ago

CE #215

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

If the cabinets are built first how does anyone figure out the butter option?

They'll ask you before your build is up

(They did butter in batches in the past)

1 week later
#1360 2 years ago

Music and sound are hugely important for me in pinball. If HWN in whole sounds as good as the clips I've heard, then the audio is going to S L A Y.

#1430 2 years ago

There's also an app called Twoku that you can use for Twitch on Roku. But it's not normally in the store, so you have to ~side load/allow list the app. Works pretty well for me.

https://www.fanbyte.com/guides/how-to-watch-twitch-on-roku-devices-august-2020/

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Not knocking the design team, but this is entry level game design:
- 3 identical shots on the left side, with 3 identical toys (eh?)
- targets too close to the flippers (Ninja reaction times needed to deal with those rebounds)
- boring left ramp
- 3 mini playfields (novelty expiry date on those is about 2 hours)
- lighting that will burn your retinas
Code will add more creative flair to the game over time, but a poor layout can kill all passion and enthusiasm you have for any theme.

Pretty strong take when you haven't even played it yet.

If you want another boring ass cookie cutter layout there's plenty of that out there. This one looks like a ton of fun to me. But I'll have to play it first to know

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Improving the code on the upper playfields is not going keep the ball up there longer, that's on the player getting more familiar and skilled at doing. The design of this game is going to require patience at times and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

On ACNC I rock a loose tilt so I can work the hell out of the upper pf. Adds a lot of fun IMHO. I anticipate doing the same here.

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This sort of response always confuses me. If none of us had played pinball before, it would hold water, but often times I am able to watch a video of pinball and say "that looks awesome/awful" without and be right. Some games on a stream are definitly more fun to watch than others, however.

Hey, if you want to say you're not feeling it, more power to you. But to call it an 'entry level design' or bad shooter based on a stream you watched from your couch 3 beers into your night is just being hyperbolic. Need to at least play it.

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I think it would be cool to add either the sound of Michael Myers breathing (from end of movie when they are showing different locations in the movie), or wind and rustling leaves, to fill some of the sound landscape without the repetitive themes or music. Doesn't have to be all the time, but would be unique and give it a creepy vibe IMO.

+1

#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

If I am paying for glass, I damn well want to see it!

1 week later
#1967 2 years ago

Looks so damn awesome.

I'm surprised there's that big of a difference in print quality between the decals and direct print. It almost looks like the decals are missing colors.

4 weeks later
#2700 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You think so? I think they should, but it seems unlikely to me. I just assumed the animations would be awesome on this. Spooky killed the animations on Alice Cooper. A+. This is looking like a D- so far. It's like night and day.

ACNC did set a pretty high mark

1 week later
#3284 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One of the confusing aspects of the inlane ball feeds is you don’t see ball exiting the mechanism, instead you’ll see it exiting the bottom of sling plastic marked in green. If the slings lose most of the graphics you could see the ball at the moment it leaves the mechanism and marked in red. I hate the idea of losing artwork but if that is needed to make the game less confusing then I am for it. Spooky have you looked at that? Especially with solving of the staging issue, player needs to see the ball sooner than they can now.
[quoted image]

I think I could 3d print hz offsets to shift things out of the way.

#3496 2 years ago

Hi all. Selling spot #215 if interested https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/122267

#3509 2 years ago

Who's Dr Frightener and why does he have no taste in pinball art? If HWN has any strength, it's in it's art package...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 210.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=joetechbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.