(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jk2171.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1494 2 years ago

Really liked the additional music on Halloween, not just the movie stuff. Overall I thought the sound package was great. Didnt hear any PJ Soles callouts? Bug said there is a ton more ready to add for clips, animations, callouts, etc so totally not worried. They also talked about putting a dimmer setting in for the LED strips in code.

Dream theme for me and I think Spooky hit it out of the park!

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Hey! Thank you all for tuning in to the stream! Just wanted to answer some common questions I'm seeing.
First of all, thank you all for your feedback! Positive feedback lets us know we are on the right track, and the negative feedback does genuinely help us know where you want us to improve, and we give serious consideration to all of it, and in fact, appreciate it!
To that point, yes, on camera the LED strips washed out the image a bit. In person, we feel it looks amazing though. That said, I believe we are still going to add a menu option to set the brightness level on them.
There was mention about a lot of letting the ball drain off the middle playfield in the stream, and yes that was strategy; there are modes/multiballs that will restart if you get the pumpkin shot, and that lower left outhole on the middle pf drains to the pumpkin scoop.
In a similar vein, we realize that it's not the most exciting thing to intentionally let your ball drop through 3 playfields. We are definitely looking to address that; as Bug mentioned on stream, the code is actively being improved and deepened, and we aim to make every second of gameplay engaging.
Regarding the 6 shots to get to the upper pf, if I recall correctly, we actually added that so that first-time players at shows would have a better chance to get to the upper pf with the game set to 1 ball. Offhand, I don't know Bug's stance on keeping/changing that particular method of access (there are 2 other ways to get up there, possibly more in the near future), but I know he is constantly considering more and more creative ways to structure progression through the different stages of the game.
The same goes for audio; we are improving it daily. A few comments here validated questions we had with particular audio clips, so we will certainly be looking to address those. As for the audio hiccups during the stream, (quiet callouts) we apologize! We did have some technical difficulties there, but I assure you the games will be plenty full of callouts!
Regarding the timing of the stream, we are of course aware of the implications that timing of the first gameplay reveal has from a marketing perspective, but I can personally promise you that we did this stream as soon as we were possibly able to. We called up Jack to make it happen as soon as we had the green light! We've been itching to show off these games for a long time. And honestly the sooner we show them, the more practical it is to implement improvements based on your feedback!

Are the PJ Soles callouts not yet implemented? Or were they there on the stream, but during the part that the audience couldn't hear callouts? Can't wait for my CE!

#1669 2 years ago

I think it would be cool to add either the sound of Michael Myers breathing (from end of movie when they are showing different locations in the movie), or wind and rustling leaves, to fill some of the sound landscape without the repetitive themes or music. Doesn't have to be all the time, but would be unique and give it a creepy vibe IMO.

1 week later
#1876 2 years ago

Wonder why no knife shooter rods on these?

4 weeks later
#2592 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I see a couple spots open for something - perhaps a small figurine in the middle and maybe something could go over the clear plastic cover at the top. Also an open space in the upper left corner but I’m not one to overcrowd a machine.
[quoted image]

I wish there was a sculpt or figure of Jamie Lee holding a pumpkin, sitting on the pillar waiting for Annie to pick her up. I think that would look super cool in that lower circle in your pic.

#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

For those that don’t do Facebook:
Hey guys! Just going to take some time to give some update notes on the day to day around here! We don’t use Facebook to often but I am going to try to start!
UPDATES
We have been doing 5-6 games per day for a few weeks now. I’m sure we will run into the occasional shortage of parts but for now things look really good. Plan is to slowly ramp up to 40 games per week over the course of the next 4 months. Expanding crew continuously but taking our time so as to keep the quality as high as possible. We want you getting the best product we can build. Should be hitting our 100th game late next week!
As far as code we have a TON of cool things on the agenda! Will be working on this for the next 12 months so lots of content.
Will be dropping a major Halloween update Oct 1st. So far 19 original movie clips have been approved for use in the game. The next update includes 15 of those. Will be releasing a list of additions with the update.
A major Ultraman update will follow in the coming weeks.
As for the insert questions I am going to take a look at it and see what the options are and how the art was intended.
Glad to see so many people enjoying the game and can’t wait to make it even better!

Thank you for sharing this update for us non-FB folk!

2 weeks later
#3539 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone watched on Netflix "The Movies that Made Us" Halloween episode?

Just watched the Nightmare on Elm Street one today. Very interesting! Haven't watched the Halloween one yet.

#3582 2 years ago

Halloween Kills queued up for later tonight. And got this from Amazon today!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3678 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Wish we could get an update as to progress, rate of production, that kind of a thing that we were sort of getting in the beginning. Hopefully SpookyLuke can give us all an update soon.
Thanks,
Jeff

Update posted in the owners thread a little bit ago by SpookyLuke. Another code update coming soon, and sounds like Production will be increasing output.

2 months later
#3943 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I should have my game tomorrow. (CE #219, no butter), but I need to push this expense to later in the year.
I'd sell it outright for what I have in it, or someone could get this game now, and I'll take your spot later down the line.

PM sent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jk2171.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=jk2171 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.