(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#388 2 years ago

My apologies if I missed it but do we have any info about the build schedule by chance? I'm in absolutely no rush but I'd like to get at least a feel on when I "might" get my Halloween CE.

Thanks,
Jeff

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

50 for location, then 50 for spooky customers, then 50 to distros...
Depending on when you ordered, you could be waiting a few months or a year-plus

Roger that I'm in group 3, the distros. Works for me, don't get me wrong I'd like to get the game "now" like everyone else but I've got a full schedule coming up so for me the longer I have to wait the better...

Jeff

2 weeks later
#1000 2 years ago

CE #217

Jeff

2 weeks later
#1603 2 years ago

Anyone know, and my apologies if I just missed this, does Spooky do a real knocker or that digital screech?

Thanks,
Jeff

1 month later
#3068 2 years ago

Still super excited for this PIN and haven't seen anything that remotely changes that. I do wish we were seeing more evidence of a production ramp but that's just my own general impatience and nothing else...

Jeff

#3070 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think as far as this goes we should get a little bit of confidence! We were shut down for 10 weeks during covid and still got Rick and Morty done ahead of schedual! A ton of jobs out there right now so hiring is tough but we will get there! It all takes time

Thank you for the response!!! I'm just impatient and I'm sure you're doing all you can to make them as fast as you can.

Jeff

#3072 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Jeff, just move up to a lower number like I have done twice already lol. I'm still trying to move up but its tougher to sell my current spot as too many are listed right now. I started at CE 505 and now sit at 254

Mine is lower than 254 already so no need to move up. I'm honestly not in any hurry I'm just naturally impatient.

Jeff

#3126 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I was watching the TPN podcast last night on Twitch and they were really speaking pretty bad about Halloween. They weren't fans of only the left side being mostly scoop shots. Mentioned that you just basically focus on knocking down all three drop targets and just focus on shooting the ramp. One guy went as far as saying that they didn't think code could improve the game. Not going to lie, has me slightly concern for the game. This is just one guys experience with the game. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1163134913

This is why I generally don't listen to or watch anything to do with pinball gameplay... When I do watch gameplay videos I usually watch either tuning out the commentators (unless it's the designer explaining the game/shots/scoring) or on mute. I find far too often the people reviewing and commentating are simply wrong IMHO... A negative commentator/reviewer can (and has) altered peoples perception of a game causing almost a domino effect. We've seen it here on Pinside more than a time or two...

Jeff

#3208 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So, I don't have a ton of experience buying newly released Stern games, but I bought AIQ within 5 months of release and 3 previous Spooky games. I get that code matures over time, and I appreciate companies staying dedicated to improving games, but the above comment really rubs me the wrong way. I've never owned a game that was described as having skeleton code upon release. I know later code releases can transform the feel of a game, but it just seems like there's barely anything there, and that's according to Spooky themselves.
I love Spooky as much as the next guy, but come on. Just because the build schedule takes 12-18 months should not give a pass for the code to be totally unbaked for most of that period. Chuck said this playfield was being developed (in secret) for well over a year if memory serves. Why is the code SO unpolished? A lot of people who have played this think it could be awesome, but it could suck - and apparently it's gonna take a year for anyone to find out. Not cool.

Really? LOL... Some of the criticisms here are just absolutely comical...

Jeff

#3209 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Finally got to put some time on the game with the new code. And to my surprise, the game still sucks just as bad. I guess you can't fix design flaws with code. Who woulda thunk?

Why are you here? What a joke of a comment. Useless and completely subjective...

Jeff

#3225 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow, you totally couldn't have POSSIBLY fit that in on one post!

So why are YOU here?

Um... Because I'm a reservation holder who's interested in the progress of the game and shipping timelines... Was that really a useful question to ask?

Jeff

#3229 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I played it today and feel the same. This pin is not good and it shows, look how many pre-order sale it is on the market. People jumps the ship before it sinks.

Okay, and your point is? Don't like it? Don't buy one, end of story. The rest of us though are here in this thread because we're excited to get our games and want to keep updated on what's going on.

Jeff

#3243 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

This has been the game I've been playing the most at my local pinball spot and he had a nib #3 sitting there, so I took it home. Yolo as the kids say, assuming the kids still actually say that.
[quoted image]

Isn't the shooter handle supposed to be knife handle? Or did I miss something?

Thanks,
Jeff

#3246 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yeah, the distributer told me he's getting it soon, it wasn't available when that one was boxed.

Awesome, thanks!!!

Jeff

3 weeks later
#3676 2 years ago

Hate to cross post but got to play a CE today and I'm so excited to get mine. Love the game.

Jeff

#3677 2 years ago

Wish we could get an update as to progress, rate of production, that kind of a thing that we were sort of getting in the beginning. Hopefully SpookyLuke can give us all an update soon.

Thanks,
Jeff

#3679 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Update posted in the owners thread a little bit ago by SpookyLuke. Another code update coming soon, and sounds like Production will be increasing output.

Yep saw, thanks!!!

Jeff

2 weeks later
#3792 2 years ago

Anyone have any new invoice updates? Seems like we've been stuck at somewhere around 100 for a few weeks now.

Jeff

#3793 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I love to try before I buy, but now that I moved to Idaho I may have to buy before I try from now on.

No good operators in your new area I take it?

Jeff

#3802 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Butter cab , #83, arrived yesterday

Wow... That looks amazing even in the pictures...

Jeff

3 months later
#3979 2 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Is everyone still happy with this game? I have not received my game yet but wanted to know what you guys think now that you have played it a bit.

Yes, without question or hesitation.

Jeff

#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from blbarchik:

The decals peeling off at the corners is unacceptable for this quality game at the asking price. Is this being corrected?

Oh calm the f*** down... JFC...

Jeff

#4044 2 years ago

Deleted.

Jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=jeffro01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.