(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotfrogs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s quick customer service. So your in Gilbert? Hope you survived the high winds we had. Well I was not happy with the theme at all. I wanted Scooby Doo and it didn’t happen. I am not a slasher movie fan at all.
My wife and I were very worried no gameplay videos. So we passed on buying launch day. I asked my wife yesterday if she wanted Halloween because she did really love the reveal video (Halloween is one of her favorite holiday’s. She said she wants it. So had to decide which version.
Then I sent her pics of CE and BSE. We talked later and we decided to go CE. This will be my first spooky pin. I just hope it turns out good. So what time frame do you guys think it will be till I get the game?
I am nervous but excited also.
[quoted image]

I did the exact same thing and ordered one this morning. It was nice that some were still available for order through distributors.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

anyone else plan on painting or covering up the screw in the middle of the hand on the topper?

Yes! Stuff like this always bugs me. On something like a topper that is all visual, more effort should be placed in making it an art piece and not a construction set. There is no reason screws should be visible on the front face.

#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Quick question - Will the stern HD glass fit a spooky pin? I'm assuming it will, but want to make sure. Gotta say I'm Kinda disappointed that the CE doesn't come with a form of HD glass...

I am 100% with you. I don't know of another company that sells CE games without antireflective glass. I also find it a waste and an added expense (especially the shipping) to have to buy a replacement. I have already provided this feedback in the Spooky Feedback/Comments Thread.

#1740 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Spooky: Gives an amazing topper, laser cut side rails, fancy powder coat, laser cut speaker grills, lit speakers, custom plunger, and more for the extra $1k on the CE. Most of which other companies charge (tons) extra for.
Pinside: Wah that's not enough. Those other companies skip most of that cool stuff but give us...fancy glass.
There is literally never pleasing some people.

I don't think that making a comment that you would like something is complaining. HD glass was not listed as a feature before I ordered and as such I was not expecting it to be included. If people don't voice there requests nothing will improve. I have a small pin collection two of which came with HD glass. I think those two machines look much better. I recently bought two sheets of PDI glass at a cost of $794.98 to upgrade two of my machines (Elvira and CV) and plan to upgrade the glass on the rest eventually. I would much prefer to have my games shipped with HD glass (even with an up charge) so that I don't have to deal with the hassle of ordering replacements and then store the non HD glass. Shipping glass is expensive and this expense can be eliminated if it comes with your pin. In my mind a CE should be the best of the best and come with all the bells and whistles. If you don't want all of the bells and whistles, get a lower tiered machine.

1 week later
#1915 2 years ago

Got my first game in. I need to play better.

FE980B0F-1540-4C31-A878-7B180616678C (resized).jpegFE980B0F-1540-4C31-A878-7B180616678C (resized).jpeg
#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

…….and? Would love if someone could video or at least explain how the topper works

35A872E6-E831-4852-BDA8-6615D96FFA9B (resized).jpeg35A872E6-E831-4852-BDA8-6615D96FFA9B (resized).jpeg
#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

How are the LEDs looking in person? I know on the Dead Flip stream they looked really bright.

They look great when playing! When watching from further away they are a little distracting/blinding but not at all when in front of the game playing. Not an issue to worry about.

#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

So you admit you were incorrect.
I don’t think players are going to want the ball coming out any faster. The blocked view/ball coming out of nowhere is already a learning curve.

I played the gage a bunch over the weekend and do want the balls to come out faster. Having to wait longer is not going to be helpful. The player just has more time to get distracted and start looking at the LCD.

1 week later
#2319 2 years ago

I saw this at a Halloween store today. Does it look familiar?

92E26EDA-AFA0-4DA4-A70D-140656F160CF (resized).jpeg92E26EDA-AFA0-4DA4-A70D-140656F160CF (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3378 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

If they want to do this when everything is finished and complete, after code 1.00 is done, and it selectable for home use, I respect your opinion. . .
Right now we need to concentrate on 100% pinball rules and add video into that where and when it pertains. . . with all do respect, people are not going to want to buy video clips of the movie in a tournament, league, or even more than once in a bar or competitive setting from the shop, or even at home probably more than a few times (it will wear off quick). . . you can always try to beat your last and high score, you can never add more movie clips once you have earned and seen them all
Pinball machines are designed to earn score.... not movie clips. . . Spooky, IMHO, shouldn't spend time building rules on earning video clips

Sorry but pinball was not designed to earn score. They were designed to be entertaining and make money!

4 months later
#3962 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Funny. I waited months for this game to specifically have the fixed insert... Early April fool's?[quoted image]

What game number are you? I am 242 and have the fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotfrogs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.