(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fsumassey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ha! Ya…I think it’s loose and I need to remove the glass to adjust…but my wife wouldn’t let me because she just wanted to keep playing.

Haha sounds like it’s a hit over there! Really glad to hear it.

#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Thank you for sharing this. Man the music is amazing now. Those sound clips are so dang intense. I'm so glad I dont have too wait too long #159. So hoping before Halloween. This is really coming together beautifully. If they was able to stream this code on the dead flip stream reveal. There would be no one saying ultraman is a better game. Bc obviously its NOT.

Hopefully we see it before Halloween. I'm #72 and they haven't contacted me yet. They said they would contact when they are around 3 weeks out from your build.

#2372 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys just wanted to jump in and say we cleared 30 games to go out the door this week. Many of them already boxed. On a daily production schedual now so you will see games going out every week from here on out! Appreciate all the kind words and feedback. This has truly been a dream come true for all of us.

Hooray! Thanks for the update!

2 weeks later
#2764 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Here is the YouTube link for you non-twitch users. This was the first time I’ve used the camera between the flippers and I didn’t have a tripod with me so it was on a mic stand and part of that was basically making it impossible to nudge with my left hand at all. I’ll try to get back down to bar with a tripod later this week and get some better footage. As SpookyLuke stated I do think the modes are a bit tough. Not in a bad way but in a way they won’t all be completed often. The insert concerns are just unfounded as far as I’m concerned. I think the art looks 100% correct there and what is lit doesn’t bother me personally. Also this machine is not mine it belongs to Porkfritter so please don’t think I’m trying to keep the value on my machine up or alter the values of some other variant of the machine like some others may be. Just giving honest opinion on it. There are things I think need changed in the code but overall I’m happy with the game and find it fun and looking forward to future code updates.

Thank you so much for posting. This was a great stream. The only thing that has me confused is the drop targets. Why weren't they dropping all the way when you hit them? Noticed many times you had to hit them numerous times as they gradually went down.

#2890 2 years ago

I guess I might be confused. I thought the first 50 were going to friends and family. Starting at 51 would go to the public. I know #52 is in the forums here somewhere and he said he hasn't been asked for butter or not.

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

First 50 Halloween + first 50 Ultraman go to friends and family. They won’t hit that until next week.

Ohhhhh that makes things a lot more clear. Thank you for that.

1 week later
#3129 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm going to stream the game more tonight, the left side shots include 3 stand up targets, 3 scoops, and an orbit, I think if people actually paid attention to the rules of modes and multiballs they would appreciate the shots that are actually over there. Anyway, my suggestion to anyone is to go and actually play the machine somewhere.

Yesssss I can't wait for the stream. Were you able to take a look at your drop targets?

#3141 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep, I replaced them with traditional yellow Williams ones and they are working fine now. Spooky is doing some more testing of the clear ones and working directly with Pinball Life on it as well, at least of my last communication last week after the stream. It has made a big difference in the gameplay. The targets obviously don't light up like the clear ones, but the lighting is still easy to see at the base of the targets. I'm getting a better grasp of the rules and accustomed to the inlane feeds much better now as well.

That's awesome to hear. Can you also stream this weekend too so we can see the new code? hahaha

#3192 2 years ago

Yessss!!! Love seeing people getting their emails.

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Streamed the game today and uploaded to YouTube.

Thanks for the stream! Loving how this code is looking so far.

#3434 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Touché, completely forgot about this one

Don't forget Tales from the Crypt. I loveeee that machine.

1 week later
#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Weird I haven't gotten my #79 invoice yet. Hopefully that means I will soon. Were you getting butter cab? I was getting standard.

Make sure to check your junk mail. Just in case. My original emails were going straight to junk. I had to add them as a permanent contact.

#3580 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

My local theater
[quoted image]

that's so awesome

#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

looks like they are using R&L carriers for me....Do they usually call and give you a heads up when they will be delivering?

Did you get a shipment email from R&L? How do you know they're using them for you?

1 week later
#3726 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Yeah, the Rattle was just as bad, if not worse than rick and morty. I have felt tape on rick and morty to fix the problem, decided to try the zip tie method on Halloween and it worked great

What's the zip tie method?

1 week later
#3795 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Anyone have any new invoice updates? Seems like we've been stuck at somewhere around 100 for a few weeks now.
Jeff

I paid my invoice on 10/14 and haven't received my machine. I'm #72 and got butter.

2 weeks later
#3816 2 years ago

Has anyone run across a short happening in your game? My game keeps rebooting. AJ and I are both scratching our heads as to what’s going on. He’s going to send some replacement parts as they come in. Thought I’d just check in to see if anyone else has been having a reboot issue.

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Happened to me once, but directly from boot. Just cycled a second time. Never when playing, and only the one time. I think I finally have my game pretty much tweaked to where it needs to be. Just need to confirm with any new code that some of the drop target issues (minor) are physical or software oriented.

I can’t finish a game about 95% of the time

#3821 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you measure 5 and 12volts on the power supply?

Yeah, things are looking good there.

#3827 2 years ago

My machine is still unplayable I replaced the computer today. It’s still crashing. Today it looks the box in the back left went out completely. The led isn’t coming on anymore. When I boot the machine now it looks like the power supply, the board on the right (power distribution board), and the amp are powering on. I attached a picture of the box that doesn’t seem to be receiving power anymore.

spookypower (resized).jpgspookypower (resized).jpg
#3829 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Have you contacted Spooky Support?

Yeah, I've been in contact with them since I received the game. We've been chipping away as to why it won't work.

1 week later
#3848 2 years ago

I'm aiming to do a stream around 4 pm central today. Will be at twitch.tv/fsumassey

#3851 2 years ago

I streamed the update today for close to 3 hours. They ironed out a lot of the bugs. There's some stuff here and there. I sent a detail report of the issues to bug. You'll hear me call them out on the vod too if yall want to watch it. It'll be up for 2 weeks. I made a recording as well. If there's interest I'm sure I could post it on Youtube or something.

Here's the link https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1225281504

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Thanks. Nice work.

Thank you!

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Overall how do you find the game? That upper playfield looks super frustrating is it in person when playing? Really interested in Halloween but it’s almost impossible to try a spooky game before buying here in the U.K.

It definitely needs some tuning but I'm really enjoying what's there. It doesn't feel like anything I've really played before. I had to make some changes to the house playfield and I still need to lower the flipper a bit more. Once these things get dialed in you'll enjoy it a lot more. I still might find a way to slow the ball down on entry to that field. If it's coming in at a good speed it'll hit that rubber for the pretzel shot and instantly drain down to the sanitarium playfield. You won't even get a chance to hit it.

Overall, I really do enjoy the game. The modes are fun and fit the theme so well. I will honestly probably have this bolted down to the floor.

#3868 2 years ago

Here's a vod of a stream I did tonight

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1237301990

2 weeks later
#3925 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Here is a nice cover up decal set for the metal bridge that connects the upper playfield staircase to the left dump ramp. The floor decal is solid non transparent decal but the roof/shingles and shrubs/grass decals are printed on clear transparent vinyl so you can still see the ball. I think they add character to a few areas on the playfield that were kind of plain.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great! good stuff!

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Yes they are listed on the market portion of pinside , just search Halloween

Looks great. Price is a bit steep for me unfortunately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fsumassey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.