(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finnflash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

I'm in, Blood Sucker........ I think

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the suggestions.
Off the shelf toys generally look tacky and out of place, and I'm not the sort of modder to take them and add a light, etc. (anyone can do those DIY). I did add the RZ figure to my personal game after some modification to its positioning, but I'd never sell that sort of thing.
My mods are original, and designed to fit the geometry of the game, and take many things into account to look as factory as possible.
I also try to avoid IP concerns.
Hoping there will be a way to add something more violent to the game, but I won't be able to envision it all without the game in hand.

I think the first thing you should do is change that pumpkin at the scoop to the one on the movie poster. Doesnt look like Spooky used it anywhere.

6456b5250f643642a9fa93f5eab47250 (resized).jpg6456b5250f643642a9fa93f5eab47250 (resized).jpg
#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s from Halloween II

Oh, I thought it was 1. Gotcha
I'm more of a Freddy guy, I will learn.

#121 2 years ago

Orange makes sense to me, and I also dont think it is too orange.

Like I think Deadpool IS too red

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Deadpool and Ghostbusters might be my two all time favorite playfields. Zombie Yeti is without a doubt my favorite artist working in pinball. Stern hiring him and Keith Elwin were two of the best hires in pinball. Back to Spooky, I think Jason Edmiston absolutely crushed it on the backglass and cabinet artwork. Among the best ever. With that said, I think it's okay to admit that the playfield is just okay. The bottom half is really good, but as my eye works it's way up the shotlines don't seem to blend in the best. I much prefer when an artist works them into the artwork, like the katana's on Deadpool. Still an amazing overall package, but if he continues in the hobby, that's where I'd provide some constructive criticism.

Dont get me wrong, Zombie is by far my favorite pinball artist but I couldn't distinguish a lot of stuff on that playfield. Now GB is great as it is, i love that one.

#189 2 years ago

So much for getting in the fang club. Site crashed

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What’s up with the PayPal fee through PinballStar? Just take a credit card for Christ sakes. More fees on top of fees on top of fees JEEEZ.

No tax(for me in MO) and no 3%cc fees is the reason I went directly through spooky

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Does Spooky allow pick ups from their factory? I figured it would be a much longer drive from Louisville, but only about 8 hours. Could make a cool long weekend road trip for when the time comes.

I believe so. That's what I'm planning on doing.

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

My apologies if I missed it but do we have any info about the build schedule by chance? I'm in absolutely no rush but I'd like to get at least a feel on when I "might" get my Halloween CE.
Thanks,
Jeff

Ce first
BSE second
Standard last

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I felt the exact opposite. I figured the topper and extra toy were not worth the extra 1K, to me. I do think the Halloween topper is cooler than the Ultraman topper, though for sure. So, I saved a grand by going BSE and I'll have plenty of time to pay it off.

I also think the BSE powder coat looks a lot better. Would have to see both in person to really make a decision.

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Soooo. Any unboxing vids? J/K but??
Ive been watching Halloween everynight for the past week!

I have also. Only previously seeing 1,2 and RZ reboots. I am up to 6 right now.

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:I blitzed through all of the movies the last week or so too. I had actually missed a couple in the middle over the years, didn't know there were any I hadn't seen.
On one hand, all of the non-RZ Halloween movies are the same exact plot progression. Got really old watching 60 minutes of semi-pointless build-up, and then 30 minutes of Michael Myers killing people before he "dies" at the end.
The first 3 movies were all good, and didn't really follow the path all the other sequels repeated. But man, all the sequels after 3 really suck (didn't watch 2018 yet)! The fact that they have retconned their retcons should be all you need to know. What a complete mess of a storyline. They all ignore 3, H2O ignores all but 1 and 2. 2018 ignores all except 1. Huh?
I know I'll get a ton of disagreement here, but I actually liked the RZ remakes. The RZ movies get a lot of shit, but I just watched them, and other than the first 3 movies, they are BY FAR better than anything else in the series (again, I can't compare 2018 since I haven't watched it yet). Way different style for sure, and they probably earned points from be because I wasn't bored watching the same story progression AGAIN, which is how I felt watching 4 thru 8. I get people think the original Halloween is hallowed ground and cannot be tampered with, but I have to say, both RZ versions were so much better than they get credit for. That said, I'm probably more into violent, gory horror than slow, plodding horror, so they were more my style than the style of all the stupid post-Halloween 3 sequels.

My thoughts exactly!!

#576 2 years ago

When its ready to be shown

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Original Halloween is best but then....
Halloween 3 is better than the rest. Unpopular opinion but its so good..
Change my mind

How about the guy that gets hit by the car at the very beginning. That killed the whole movie for me. Terrible.

#603 2 years ago

Havent seen Freddy vs Jason mentioned anywhere, what is everyone's opinion on that one?

#673 2 years ago

Can anyone wait for anything anymore??!?

#718 2 years ago

It could possibly be me. But haven't got my number yet.

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Chris @ kingpin is awesome. I've bought 5 or 6 games from him over the years and he's been great!
Just fond out I'm 123. Definitely earlier than I was expecting.

Nice

#733 2 years ago

Sounds like just Kingpin games have #'s.

Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

i got mine from kingpin games its 1234 Its a basic ed

This is the number I want when Nightmare on Elm St comes out.

#775 2 years ago

Nice! Here they come!!

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Invoice 11824 and nothing yet...

That's one of the last ones, so might be a little longer.

#817 2 years ago

Halloween BSE #1123
Order # 11632
From Spooky

Whoever gets 1127, I would like to switch spots with you.

#820 2 years ago

Was in the middle of watching H20 and I got my email #, literally when she cuts off Michael's head. Great timing!!

#825 2 years ago

Oops. I thought 23 years was enough time. But too soon

#890 2 years ago

Kind of sucks people could buy 2 of the same game.

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from flipper-happy:

Halloween BSE #1124 (Spooky 9:48am)

Yours and mine will be neighbors on the line! 1123 here.

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobster123:

Does spooky have a list of distributors I want to order a CE from a reputable dealer Who is established and been in business for a while since there will be a wait, Any recommendations
Thx

There is a MO distributor also. I think Pinball classic

1 week later
#1273 2 years ago

I have a hard time with any of the abbreviations, most of my time on pinside is trying to figure out what game people are talking about.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They delved into the dark side of Halloween ( Samhain ) and it's origins. Conal Cochran's automatons/robots were amazing. You don't find out to the end that Ellie Grimbridge was an automaton/robot all along.
One of the coldest lines ever in a movie was when Conal Cochran had Dr. Daniel Challis in that test room and explains the true meaning of the holiday. And puts the skull mask on him. And as he turns to leaves says, "and happy Halloween".
LTG : )

Oh man, the scene stopped before he threw that hail Mary with his hands tied to cover the camera. I laughed so hard at that and kept rewatching it over and over.

#1370 2 years ago

Came across this at the store tonight, bring on the stream!!

20210806_231243 (resized).jpg20210806_231243 (resized).jpg
#1687 2 years ago

I dont think the topper we have seen is only a prototype.

2 weeks later
#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

He’s coming home.
[quoted image]

Awesome!!

#2177 2 years ago

Is the knife on the topper supposed to be in front of the title?

#2233 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I tried goggling the FB group and couldn't find it. Nevermind I got it!

I can't either, but I also dont have a FB account

1 week later
#2408 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Quick public service announcement.
[quoted image]

I need that shirt!!

#2446 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I know many people have received their games. What number are we on?

I know the location by me is getting #45, and they dont have it yet

#2470 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm one ahead of ya at 78. If things progress as planned - We'll have ours in 4-5 weeks or so.

You have to also factor in Ultraman games being built in there.

1 week later
#2579 2 years ago

So many Halloween games up for sale, thinking about moving up to the CE?

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

Anyone with an SE or BSE interested in swapping out for a CE? I'm in the 400s. Drop me a PM

Hmmmm..

#2706 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:I’d like to point out that the reason the animators stream is getting such negative attention is the quality of the stream and the quality of his playing. It looks bad and is low quality, the game looks dark (it is not) also…he barely even got to a single mode and out of the house animation. Every pin sucks when you suck. You don’t get to see all the cool things if your unable to progress. Anyway, I’m not worried about the game OR the animations and I’m keeping my CE spot. ITS EARLY COOOODE!!!! It’ll take a year before the game is fleshed out. Everyone knows this yet….panic!!! Also, Kaneda is just propping up his UM by talking HWN down…he’ll sell his game for a profit in under 6 months of ownership.

This is what I thought also, he was not hitting any shots to move the game along.

#2814 2 years ago

Not sure everyone is getting why that animation is on the screen so long. It sits there til you make the shot it is telling you to hit. So the longer it takes to hit it, the longer it will be there.
Unless I'm seeing something wrong.

#2952 2 years ago

Is this it?

20210923_121051 (resized).jpg20210923_121051 (resized).jpg
#3109 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Early 50's haven't been contacted yet. That's all I know. I am 58. Biding my time. Can't wait to hopefully plan a trip up there to grab it.

The place near me is getting #45 this weekend I believe.

#3121 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Padavans in St Charles this weekend

CP Pinball will have Ultraman

#3445 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

well, more accurately it’s the first and only true SLASHER pin.

Nope, I still say Freddy is

#3449 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

If Bally/Williams, or data east would have made it. It would have been 100 times better.my favorite slasher of all time and sucks that gottlieb was the one that got that amazing license.

What didnt you like about it? A talking/spitting ball Freddy head? A glove flipper? Claw save(this was my favorite), boiler shot?
Oh yeah, the lame rules and bad layout.

#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

This guy is an idiot... "You've got the leaves on the shooter rods."
Thankfully, he has spared this forum his presence since deactivating his account in July. drfrightner

He is still here under a different name.

#3536 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The running theory is that drfrightner = jimwe5t

I think its blacklightentertainment, but not sure how he spells it

#3538 2 years ago

Has anyone watched on Netflix "The Movies that Made Us" Halloween episode?

#3540 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Just watched the Nightmare on Elm Street one today. Very interesting! Haven't watched the Halloween one yet.

That ones next for me.

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Yes it was awesome

I am more of an Elm St fan, but liked the Halloween story a lot more.

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I have played GNR and liked it a lot - as I love Rock pins. I have not played Halloween yet and I have been on the fence since day 1. After watching almost all of the streams (minus the completely negative ones I read about here), I really don't think I will enjoy the subways all too much and 4 of the main shots in the game all go that route, so it is of a big concern. The 3 hedge shots look like they will get old very quickly (again just my opinion based on what I like in a game) and that takes up the entire left side of the playfield. Wish they shot the ball back and didn't go the subway route. Please remember we didn't see all too much prior to the 9am sell time and I knew it was going to sellout immediately. HUGE fan of the original film and theme is very important to me - Game is definitely cool and different but it just may not be for me to invest 10K. I may keep it in the box or play it - haven't decided yet. If I had unlimited funds, yes I would be keeping it 100% but I don't. It saddens me, but this is where I'm at.
Very happy for those that are getting this and I hope all of you love it.

I say play Halloween first, that left side is deceiving, they are not that easy to hit with the targets between them. And I found myself rarely shooting in that direction unless I'm trying for Hedge MB. I usually shoot for the center ramp to get to the top pf. The sounds on Halloween alone make it a keeper over GnR, especially if your a fan of the movie.

#3621 2 years ago

I did like that the 3 people killed in the park had the 3 masks from part 3.

#3636 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am talking 1982 Halloween III Season of the Witch were directors deviated from the classic formula.

I think he was also.

3 months later
#4038 2 years ago

Sometimes you have to just lean 1 way or the other. It may play better not level.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finnflash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=finnflash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.