(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

3 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,595 posts
  • 394 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 minutes ago by John-Floyd
  • Topic is favorited by 140 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

63075D58-F8C7-4923-9429-9C7C963ED2B3 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
F1066BAD-671C-4AB5-830C-4F55ACA3C222 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1634321708138 (resized).jpg
20211013_120302 (resized).jpg
F8A03977-BA8E-4B80-9DA7-8F3DD84D9302.jpeg
C0E411B5-E67D-4BAD-AEF5-9B059108C8AC (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 2.36.05 PM (resized).png
55E9EB38-EDE7-4798-92AB-D1E3D237814B (resized).jpeg
20211010_163212 (resized).jpg
20211010_163034 (resized).jpg
67C00163-10F4-489F-B4E5-B1257053F352 (resized).jpeg
AEB29C67-E424-4F12-95D7-322AE3238142 (resized).jpeg
20211001_192548 (resized).jpg
F281E992-3FA2-4282-A32F-DC37C63704F4 (resized).jpeg
92762986bcfb97f40012efecc364a714a7d7fced (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1065 77 days ago

E6CF1EFB-6ABF-43A5-9232-EDA86AE62C08 (resized).png
#1142 76 days ago

I suspect this is a shadow of the game that is really in existence. There is the licensor that wants it revealed a certain way or wants specific content, and I’m sure Spooky doesn’t want to show the full Monty until a good video reveal is available (aka Jack Danger). This is just getting the buzz going for non-pinheads and to help sell the rest at distributors. IMHO.

#1146 76 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Not what I meant. I understand this. I was asking if the previous post was saying a shadow game as in a demo mode or some limited version of the game as it exists today. Was just curious to clarify his point.

This. I suspect they are revealing a “lite” version (of code) of what they have to avoid license problems and Spooky wants to save the better code (yes, it takes a long time for code to be complete) for a good reveal video…not someone’s smartphone with tons of background noise. This is all my opinion and I could be wrong.

#1269 73 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yep.
I've seen butter and standard in person. I've heard so much about how much butter is. Based on my eyeballs, it's an easy decision. Standard all day. Spooky's standard pops so much, it's splitting hairs but when you have fools spending thousands on toppers or better yet, custom aprons that look terrible, I can understand why people lean towards butter as the popular opinion.
I feel the same about radcals as well. Yes they look nice but hardly worth the upgrade unless you can get it built into a used price.

I personally like butter cabs. Yes, Spooky’s decals are amazing, but there is a big difference between my R&M decal cab, and my ACNC butter cab. I respect those who don’t feel it’s worth it (certainly it is not worth it from a resale…make my money back…point), but I don’t feel I’m a “fool” for how I decide to spend the money I have earned.

#1585 67 days ago

I think they said they will start slow…make sure the quality is there, and then ramp up production. Haven’t heard any specific dates yet.

1 week later
#1877 57 days ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Wonder why no knife shooter rods on these?

No special shooter on UM either. They probably are just saving them for the games they are building. They do look good! Can’t wait for my Halloween!!

#2002 54 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Worth a grand upgrade in your opinion?

Always up to the person.

#2008 54 days ago

True, but in your opinion is their much difference between the two?

I have both, from previous games. I choose butter for this game. If you fault me, then that is on you, not me. My experience, my money. To me, there is the value.

#2059 53 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I posted several pics a couple pages back. Lots of closeups of the playfield.

I say, put them back up. They were good pics and gave everyone a good idea of what to expect.

#2062 53 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

The picture removed was from the page before and it was just a generic picture of the game in a seemingly amazing basement setting with PFs on the wall. Cool picture really

Ah, got it. Still shouldn’t have been bullied to take it down…we should all be happy this incredible game is starting to be seen…even with family and friends. That means, closer to everyone’s number.

#2068 53 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Here’s a couple.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love the signed back!…and also the art!

#2092 52 days ago

I like the silver. It’s like the silver of the knife blade. Just my 2 cents.

#2096 52 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Would be cool if the plate was kinda soft like flesh and covered in hair...maybe, instead of a normal plunge you have to push it in real hard.

Wow! That’s morbid…

#2151 49 days ago

He’s coming home.

DA9D7D87-B9AA-4FA4-A946-18580EED79BA (resized).jpeg
#2156 49 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Congrats! What number are you?

#2191 49 days ago

Relax. There will be topper video. Currently I am traveling to my home with it and then have to set it up. I’m sure we all know that it takes a little to adjust things after traveling. Funny how the video of a topper has become a priority…when most never came with a topper in the recent past. I’ll do my best, as the others who have early spots, to quench the thirst of those who want game play and pics. I may even have a “Halloween” play party to show off the game who wants to make the trip to my Poe-dunk town. We will see.

#2215 48 days ago

We are working on some short videos (very armature…we aren’t Jack Danger) but early code…so have patience as some things aren’t ready to be shown…ie the topper is one. So seriously, keep it in your pants…and why are we talking about circumcision…

#2216 48 days ago

As I notice things I’ll post them. The butter colors are phenomenal. The flipper buttons are black (something I was gonna change to black…so that’s cool). And the hardware isn’t really “gold”…but a dark gold. Goes really well with the theme.

C635BA0D-BBA7-4FD5-9CF4-B40EC0BC6B86 (resized).jpeg
#2218 48 days ago

During a multiball, the risers that return the balls to the flippers are a big surprise, and losing your ball is a bummer…but just like Michael, if you aren’t paying attention, he may surprise you and kill you (lose your ball)…I think they are a cool new twist to the game.

#2220 48 days ago
Quoted from icyjones:

What is that black under the eyes and mouth of the armor? Plastic or something?

Feels like a vinyl sticker. I plan to put an EL panel there and make it orange…like the R&M portal done by hooked on pinball.

#2225 48 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What is an EL panel? I agree there needs to be a bit of contrast there

Look up the portal on hookedonpinball.com. You hook it to a power supply (I use a second mean well in all my Spooky games for the lighted mods). When it’s in a dark or darker room, it’ll glow. It would make the mouth and eyes glow orange

#2228 48 days ago

Im working on getting a couple videos here. But if you guys want you can got to FB Halloween Pinball Owners and Fan Club page. My wife has uploaded some videos. The callouts are easy to hear. In the videos I kept the glass on to reduce the flipper noise so they would stand out better, but they still sound soft on the video. It must be how the iPhone microphone handles so much noise and made them seem soft…they aren’t.

#2234 48 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I can't either, but I also dont have a FB account

I’ll get those videos on here tomorrow. Having a few drinks to relax, so don’t want to screw it up.

#2241 47 days ago

I didn’t verify with Spooky that this is true, but it appears the black sparkle powder coat of the BSE version was used on the pumpkin speaker grills…so here’s a pic for comparison between the BSE powder coat and the CE. Both are really top notch.

A9CAE854-0806-4081-BA24-8D24BFBA316C (resized).jpeg
#2244 47 days ago

This is Sanatorium mode. She also gets into drop target mode too.

#2246 47 days ago

Here’s House mode. I got there the easy way by hitting the center ramp 5 times to open it.

#2248 47 days ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I'd be careful.....looks like a black cat crossed your path at 1:23 of that video. I hope for your sake you actually have a black cat.

It was either this guy, or the ghost of Michael Myers.

CDA2AA4D-198A-42BE-8824-899E073FC61C (resized).jpeg
#2251 47 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Appreciate the videos! Love the music - I can listen to it all day. I like how there is a glass shatter sound when you make it to the house.
I'm still a little nervous about how much mini PF action there is but for the most part, it looks like a solid layout.

With so many upper playfields, I see your concern. But rest assured, the design is solid. A ton of fun to play, fast, and smooth. The mini playfields are fun to shoot…there is a ton of variety packed into those playfields. There’s some ass kicking, but not like R&M that can make casual players discouraged. Really, a great balance.

#2259 47 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

One more video today,,,please?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"01e7b402a16f2ff5b11e5af4421c161d118aa52a-1630280308-1800"};
//]]>

Here ya go. This is Michael hedge multiball. Near the end she hits the trapped Judith Myers ball and has an extra one flying around. This was shot with some of the windows open, so there’s more glare. I didn’t get great shots of the playfield…because I wanted to show the topper. It’s VERY early in integration. Certain shots set it off. It’s lights aren’t implemented yet. Not sure why others have lights with their pics. New code will turn on the lights of the topper soon…along with the speaker lights.

#2263 47 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Great vids Doug thank you! One thing...is there a reason why your playfield pumpkin keeps looking towards the shooter lane? It's driving me nuts!!

Ha! Ya…I think it’s loose and I need to remove the glass to adjust…but my wife wouldn’t let me because she just wanted to keep playing.

#2265 47 days ago

In about 24 hours. Yes, it’s that much fun. Congrats to all of Spooky!

593F9955-0FFF-4C96-89E3-C160E66043DF (resized).jpeg
#2268 47 days ago

For those wondering about movie clips, there is the nurse getting assaulted by Michael at the beginning of Sanatorium multiball, the girls walking with their books at Hedge multiball, and I think one of Laurie hiding in the closet in the House playfield…so they are there…and I’m sure this is just the beginning.

#2270 47 days ago
Quoted from miracleman:

It seems the time it takes a ball to get down to the return lane and up the lifters is crazy long. I thought someone posted Spooky are trying to get 2 more balls to work in code so the lifters are always loaded?

I actually like that. It’s like Michael popping out. If you aren’t watching, you’re dead (drain the ball). Plus, this can be a very fast, intense game…a little speed change up feels right. That said, it definitely takes a few games to get used to it. This whole machine is so unique, but works. A blast to play.
Oh, and with multiball, you really need to be tuned in to the sound that happens just as the ball is raised. You’re paying attention to the ones flying around the field, and all of a sudden hear that impending doom sound, and you know a ball is coming to the flipper. If it were instant, I think it would be virtually impossible to keep them in play.

#2272 47 days ago

With 100 plays how's the playfield holding up? I've heard Spooky playfields are the best.

Haven’t even taken the glass off. I’ll do that tomorrow…In my experience…Spooky playfields set the bar…

#2282 46 days ago

Quoted from PinCrush:

Still not liking you can get to House with a handful of ramp shots. You should have to earn it, IMO. I believe I read that they nerfed it so people could get there with 1 ball at the shows. Hope they pull that back.

Not everyone is a great pinball player and I think they wanted everyone to have some ability to see the whole game. The one shot is dropping the center drop target and getting it between the other 2 and up the center ramp. I saw Jack Danger do that on the stream…but I doubt very many people can do that. I’ve had R&M for a year and a half and have yet to finish my card…and that’s on 5 ball

#2292 46 days ago

Here’s another video. I got closeups of the playfield to show wear after 100+ games…I know, nothing in the grand scope of things, but someone asked how it was holding up. As far as dimpling, there is a little on the big pumpkin by the 3 drop targets as this is where you’d get most air balls, but there is a deflector there. The dimpling is extremely light and minor. I started a game to get the GI and you can hear loomis call outs to start the game. The LED strips seem bright, but I like them. I think they are having a setting to turn them down if you want. This is a pin best played in a dark room…really helps the whole horror ambience, so a nice lighted field
is a must. Oh, and for those worried this an early code (if you have an early spot)…it is, but far from half baked. Actually, it plays like it’s fairly polished.

#2295 46 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Thank you so much for keeping the dream alive. #602 CE cant come quick enough!

Glad you guys are liking them. They aren’t Jack Danger pro…but give you the player feel. I’ll try be honest and not a fan boy. This game is incredibly unique with the layout and shots, but so much fun to play. Many times when different things are tried it ends up feeling kinda weird…not this one. I wish everyone could play it, but it takes time. If you guys have requests or questions feel free.

#2296 46 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Have you noticed any flipper post strength issues that RM has had, requiring the X spacer?

None. Yes, I picked up new mechs for my R&M when I picked up this pin, but these flippers are solid..sometimes feel too powerful…but not. Just can be an ultra fast shot. So fast it drains, and you barely see it! Not a fault, just need to play better.

#2298 45 days ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

What was your # dnapac ?

#2310 44 days ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

If you get a Halloween would you consider removing all the armor and re-powder it? Gold huh? So if you did re-powder coat the game what color would you go with? I'm thinking black with orange speckles or orange with black speckles ... you know kind of like HALLOWEEN! LOL
So basically the question is do you like the powder coating as is, or would you consider changing the color of the powder coat and what color.
I'd be interested to hear thoughts.

Powder coating on the CE is dark gold…it fits the theme very well IMO. I’d wait to make that decision until you see it In person.

#2328 43 days ago

We were blessed with a code update. It’s a monster update. We will redo some videos soon. Much more of everything (call outs, sounds effects, videos, topper and speaker lights). Everyone who got one is going to love this game!

#2335 43 days ago

Here’s the first video of the new code. This is a MASSIVE update. It will take time for us to figure everything out. We are very mediocre players 8). In this video Andi (my wife) is trying to show as many Pumpkin Modes as possible. I think she gets through 3. New animations, new call outs, new light shows, and adjusted sound effects. Some have asked about the high pitched noise when you hit the scoop. It’s still used, but other sounds as well…so it waters it down nicely. Plus, the whole point of horror music is to create an atmosphere of discomfort and tension…so irritating noises are the norm…but Spooky does a good job controlling it…IMO. Oh, I repointed my pumpkin head, but it keeps slowly turning…I think it’s possessed!

#2340 43 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Thank you I like the additions - I didn’t notice any video clips is that a diff mode or still waiting?

Ah, sorry…there are more video clips from the movie…but they are harder to get to and see..I meant new animation clips. Sorry.

#2341 43 days ago

One more tonight. You’ll see another Pumpkin Mode “Bob and Lynda’s Demise” and some more upper playfield.

#2344 43 days ago

And this is just the beginning. It’s gonna be epic!

#2348 43 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Spooky should have loaned you a UM so you could perform this great service for those of us curious in that thread!

We played a little UM at their complex…it’s really awesome! UM buyers are in for a treat.

#2363 42 days ago

Good eye! The newer Spooky LCDs look to be angled properly from the players perspective. Im sure Doug will chime in
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3270cb48e591a8d7ba90570c4273d9783f3de328-1630677412-1800"};
//]]>

Angle is the same. I adjusted the brightness and contrast (like I did on R&M)…and it seems great to me. I think the viewing angles are better, but I’ll check that tonight. All said, I’m sure that some will want the inkyest blacks and want a different lcd…just like those who add a sub or change the speakers because they are audiophiles. There is no right or wrong answer…just all your preference.

#2364 42 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hope they tweak the topper - looks very odd when the H and N don’t light up. The LED strip must be shorter than the lettering!

I can’t say if anything will change, but I can say “Spooky is listening”. I’m sure all will be good.

#2390 41 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's there, don't know why you can't see it.

I think they meant…it’s pointed funny. Mine keeps moving. Suspect it’s possessed.

#2399 40 days ago

We’ve been playing this more. Just an incredible game. We’ll try get more video and explanations tomorrow. The sound effects are really awesome. And even though some of the noises are a bit grating (heck, that’s a horror movie), they are vital in a multiball to know when a ball is coming up one of those risers to the flippers. You need a distinct sound to get your ears to hear the warning above the craziness of the multiball.

#2403 40 days ago

Yes please fix this. Not much to ask for lol.

Not sure what Spooky will do, but I can say they are listening. And if this is the greatest problem with this pin…there is nothing to worry about.

#2412 39 days ago

Here we go. We were handed our a$$ today playing Halloween…and yes, I try to talk and explain…respect for Jack Danger being able to play well and talk…not me…lol

Here are just a couple shots that are possible to the Sanatarium playfield.

#2416 39 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Any chance you can record a static location vid which includes the video assets (Not following the ball around?) Really interested in how the theme is integrated with the movie. Im not sure I've seen any actual video assets.

They are there…more of a reward. Short lived. Gotta work for it.

#2418 38 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Seems like there's not that many call-outs or shot validations, like when the skilll-shot was made (which by the way - bounce off the flipper - cheating lol!). I guess I'm just use to R&M which is basically talking to you the entire game. For Halloween seems like it's more about the sound effects, lights, and music, which makes sense.

Call outs are there…but the way the iPhone microphone handles sound, it doesn’t pick them up well. They are frequent and plenty loud. As far as the super skill shot, it takes the right plunge to do that. You can also catch the ball with the left flipper and then try the shot, or bounce pass to the right flipper and try and back hand it.

#2420 38 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Thanks for the clarification. Strange that the phone won't pick up the voice call-outs?

In the stream Jack Danger did they had trouble getting the call outs to come through too…not sure why, but rest assured, they are there and plenty loud.

#2422 38 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Any boobs in the video? Asking for a friend.

I haven’t seen any boobs I didn’t finish that mode as well, so not 100% sure if boobs…or the call out “see anything you like” are there.

#2425 38 days ago

Sanatarium multiball. I only got a second of the actual movie clip used at the beginning of the multiball…sorry. We’ll concentrate more on the screen. You hear some added sound effects too. Yes, my pumpkin insists on looking at the knife in the shooter lane…must be possessed.

#2426 38 days ago

Hedge multiball with a little movie clip…it looks like Michael in the shadows of the closet.

#2428 38 days ago

The playfield is in tight (not a bad thing). Just a friendly reminder to protect the interior art blades with these…

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I use them every time I pull out or lift the playfield on all my pins.

And, the right lockdown latch needs to be in the correct position when you replace your field so you can latch the lockdown bar. Otherwise it’ll end up under the playfield and you can’t use it.

These are NOT problems, just nuances that are helpful to know about.

6E4A9156-B6F2-4D0C-B23F-865512F732AD (resized).jpeg
#2431 38 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Powdercoat looking freshhhh

It’s definitely the right color. Some saying they wouldn’t like gold…well, it’s not “gold” but more of a dark harvest gold…Halloween gold.

#2432 38 days ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

I wish I had some of those protectors years ago, ordered!

They are art savers.

#2468 36 days ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Are they not putting the knife handle plungers on them yet?

Supply shortage I think. Best to get the game out there and send small items later than to delay the whole game.

#2482 35 days ago

Just had a 5 ball multiball. The way they spaced the balls being autoplunged and the risers makes it much more manageable. Still a crazy-fest though. This is such an addicting game. Still haven’t broke 30 million, but close.

#2490 33 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I don’t think so but it seems like it is time for dnapac to do the honors…

It is time…He’s coming home.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-clubhes-coming-home-#post-6492096

#2491 33 days ago

I put the owners thread in the wrong spot…here’s the real owners thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home#post-6492335

1 week later
#2713 26 days ago

Kinda scared to do anymore video . It’s just me, my wife, and an iPhone…and very average players.

#2738 26 days ago

I suspect the insert is that way because this is the same playfield for 2 games. There are a ton of games out there with inserts not 100% matching the lighting. It’s interesting how many are really doubting Spooky because of this. Those who bale now I suspect will regret it as this pin matures. After 350 plays…I can say without a doubt it’s a hit. And keeps me coming for more. One of the smoothest, best shooters I’ve played…and with multiple upper playfields…that is a feat to be recognized.

#2745 26 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The insert is the way it is because Spooky did not change the font size to have hedge and multiball to fit on the insert. It is an oversight. For this price, it shouldn't be "oh well, it looks good enough to most."
The company has a great track record, they are the most open and responsive out of any pin manufacturer - we are #68 and haven't bailed but this (and the now infamous stream) has soured things a bit.
Thankfully, Spooky wrote back in an e-mail stating they are looking into it.
Also, your videos have been great.

I understand your position. Sucks when something doesn’t seem right. I’m not sure if this was an oversight, or a decision. House, Sanatarium, and Hedge Multiball are all the same font at the same size. Maybe they felt that changing the font size on one would look weird…I don’t know. I’m not trying to defend anything here, just pointing out that we really don’t know why it is the way it is. I know they will do everything in their power to make everyone happy. They certainly aren’t the company that just says…”tough, that’s the way it is. Don’t like it, don’t buy it.” Even if it bugs you, find one and play one before selling your spot. It really is a great shooter. And thanks for the like on our videos. Very amateurish, but just wanted to give everyone an early feel for this pin.

#2758 26 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That was a really nice stream man! Input was quality as well. We are brainstorming something fun for the Sanitarium while you are in House!
We pulled in the team on Sunday today to address the video assets. We have a concise plan to make them more accessible and at time where you can really watch and take it in! Only a fraction of what we do have has been implemented and we will be requesting more. You will see more than one major update before Halloween! I think part of the issue is that we thought the game was going to be easier and its actually pretty challenging to finish modes. Many of the clips come with finishing modes and major events as they were meant as a reward. Often times you don't see them unless you complete pretty lengthy modes. We have a lot of really cool ideas to alleviate the issue without taking any of the challenge away. Also as suggest we will be adding animations like bloody knives stabbing in etc. Overall I think everything you guys are after is on the agenda it's just going to take more time than we want it to.
As I said I am going to take a look at the insert and see what was intended and what my options are. Ill do my best for you guys.

Anybody doubting Spooky’s dedication to this…. Thanks Luke for being able to put up with and respond to us on pinside. I do not think there is another pin company that will take as much interest in a bunch of amateurs telling a company what they want…Thank you Spooky!

#2824 25 days ago

I found this on Etsy. I thought the topper looked fine, but thought I’d see how this looked. It’s made out of wood, so could be painted. I just drilled a hole in it and mounted it to the metal plate with Velcro.

#2826 25 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Just saw this on Facebook and bought it. Why do you need to drill a hole? To accommodate the knife?

The knife is mounted on a motor post…the motor is horizontal. So remove the knife (a tiny Allen wrench) slide the post through the hole you drilled. Attached the wood Michael on the metal plate, reattach the knife/hand with that one wrench and you’re good to go. Make sure the hole is big enough for the post to prevent binding, and when you reinstall the hand/knife, make sure the Allen screw is tightened on the flat part of the post…or you can’t get it tight and the hand/knife falls off the post.

#2830 25 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Not too shabby! Painless install and adds a nice touch. Just ordered one.
I’ve decided it’s too much of a dream theme for me to dwell on a few issues that I know will just get better over time. They’ve said this since day one. Glad I came back to reality after a slight case of cold feet.

You won’t regret it. The physics are spot on. Layout isn’t something you can change. Spooky really got the recipe right on this one. The few nuances there are are definitely something that can be overlooked by how incredible it plays, sounds, looks. Plus, this is such early code.

#2850 24 days ago

I haven’t had any problems with glass rattle with Halloween. Yes, ACNC I did and less so on R&M…but not Halloween. And the sound is stellar. Between the built in sub and the shaker motor, people in apartments may have unhappy neighbors

#2900 23 days ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Even 20 clips each at 6 seconds is only 2 minutes of film footage.
I’d hope eventually we’ll have a few more clips.

Still early code…even with the update. That said, I don’t have 2 minutes to take my eyes off the playfield, even if 6 sec at a time. This is a fast playing pin.

#3048 19 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

Edit:
Also, perhaps they can create a sound effect that only plays when an inlane eject occurs.

Just before the lifter puts the ball in the inlane there is an ominous sound and the inlane lights flash. This sound is only used for this feature. Very important during multiball as you will be warned that a ball is coming.

#3060 19 days ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I was hyped until I got to play it a bunch and my personal doubts and fears of the layout really set in. No firmware update is gonna fix that.

Well, some will just not like it. That’s cool.

#3083 18 days ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Someone posted a while back that you guys were trying to see if you could add another 2 balls to code so 1 would always be loaded in the 2 lifts to cut down on that long wait time, is that true?

I like the flow. The wait is anticipation…like Michael popping out. It’s another unique feature they shouldn’t change…IMO.

#3199 14 days ago
Quoted from Arevalo89:

This might be a dumb question, but what is “if liftgate is needed”? This is my first pinball machine purchase ever so I’m new to all of this. Lol

The delivery truck has a hydraulic gate to get the game to ground level. Otherwise you need a delivery dock.

#3212 14 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Just because the build schedule takes 12-18 months should not give a pass for the code to be totally unbaked for most of that period.

After all, Ghostbusters and Munsters code was close to baked when released and was finished within a couple months…

#3231 14 days ago

I understand the difference between the hype thread and the club thread. The club thread has been started and those that want to avoid the trolls…you could migrate there. This is already a great pin…after 300+ plays…I’m confident in my decision

#3249 14 days ago

Go to the club thread.

#3277 13 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One of the confusing aspects of the inlane ball feeds is you don’t see ball exiting the mechanism, instead you’ll see it exiting the bottom of sling plastic marked in green. If the slings lose most of the graphics you could see the ball at the moment it leaves themmechanism and marked in red. I hate the idea of losing artwork but if that is needed to make the game less confusing then I am for it. Spooky have you looked at that? Especially if you solve the staging issue, you’ll need to see the ball sooner than you can now. [quoted image]

The inlane lifters are not the confusing part…after 2-3 games you’ll be use to them. I routinely lose my ball after I drain and forget I have one locked in Judith Myers…lol. Drain, cuss, walk away, and hear the ball release…frantically try to get back and save the ball. Such a great feature!

#3343 12 days ago
Quoted from poweruser86:

Anyone have trouble with the update? I seem to have made CE #17 unbootable despite the game reporting that it had updated successfully.

Try back updating…to a previous code. But, I haven’t had any trouble. You may need Spooky to send a new card. #12 and have updated a couple times.

#3345 12 days ago
Quoted from poweruser86:

Can I download that from anywhere? I can’t seem to find anything for Halloween on their site other than the update code.

I have them all. Pm me and I’ll send you them.

#3406 10 days ago

Hedge-gate 2021. Turn on all the lamps and you’ll see that many light up only part of the graphic above the insert. Cutting inserts to match all graphics would be much more difficult…thus, the standard types of cutouts you see. In the past, the lettering was printed to a plastic piece that’s has been hammered into the hole cut in the playfield. As playfields have become more intricate with graphics, these types of inserts are under the printed graphics. So, many times the graphics above the insert are more intricate, thus a discrepancy in the light vs the overlaying graphic.

There is another option. That beautiful scene that looks like one cohesive piece of art, is interrupted by various blank arrow shapes, squares, circles, (any basic geometric shape). I’d rather see the cool piece of cohesive art…IMO

#3458 10 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seriously, I'm already leaning yes to Butter, but if it looks as good on Halloween, umm hell yes.

My biggest regret is I didn’t go butter with R&M. My ACNC and Halloween are both butter. So worth it! Unnecessary, and expensive, but it looks and feels incredible.

#3460 10 days ago

Here’s one. See the reflection of our window. I can get more tomorrow. ACNC has an art package like no other and I love it’s play…but brutal.

F281E992-3FA2-4282-A32F-DC37C63704F4 (resized).jpeg
#3462 10 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

That side armor/powder looks stunning.

Working with a modder…just wait. Gonna be next level.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside