(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 2 years ago

Fully in for the CE

#161 2 years ago

Hopefully tomorrow when we pre-order purchase from Spooky or our favorite distro's and get those lovely email confirmations, I would hope and think Spooky all their dealers are on board and we don't see a repeat of the JJP GNR CE fiasco. I have a feeling by noon they'll meet their numbers for both releases.

Now where were we......oh yes F5 F5 F5

#178 2 years ago

T-Minus 50 minutes, warming up now with finger pushups.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So if your not a fang club member you won’t be able to order through any of the distributors or direct from Spooky today?

It's to my understanding that the distro's will need to see proof of your fang club membership for ordering today.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok, when are the other non fang club sales going to be started if there are any left?

I recall reading that fang club members get a two week early buy opportunity, so maybe in 14 days?

#198 2 years ago

Did it crash or did they take it down to hash out numbers with dealers? I'm getting a JJP vibe hear and don't like it...... hope I'm wrong.

#384 2 years ago

Just a thought, it would be cool if the OP can add a purchase poll with the three models so we can get a feel of what the breakdown looks like. I think more CE's were purchased then any other model.

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Us poor BSE folks will have to wait forever.

Just think of those SE buyer's, poor bastards. Halloween 19 " The night his great grandson come home" will be out by the time those are built.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Well this poor bastard chose an SE knowing that it would be a late run because a) I need room for Godzilla and b) id rather the quirks be worked out and play the game with more complete code, and Oh yea c) I’m paying 2 grand less for the exact same game
Who you should really feel bad for are the CE buyers who will wait 12+ Months once they realize that over 1000 CEs were sold across both games...

The folks who bought CE's if purchased under the intent for future value then they were wrong for doing so as with any pin purchase. If they like myself purchased for the little extra features because they were fans of the movie then that's the right idea. I just happen to like the inner side blade artwork, laser cut side rails and that topper plus with today's going rate for toppers that ate up that 1k difference already. I also like the interactive RGB speaker lights and grills, not sure if the BSE version had the option but that was another sway factor for me as now I don't have to buy a speaker kit to install.

I will admit, I much rather have the BSE armor color then that gold vein color. I mean really gold vein for one of the greatest serial killers. That's a missed the boat option to me on the CE's, but I might have that re done.

Let me also add lol, my feeling bad for those poor bastards comment is NOT about the version that they have chosen to purchase but rather their timeline in which those machines will be built. I would love to see them have built all three models concurrently with a bit of each rather then all of A, then B then C etc....

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I plan to redo the armor sadly my self, I honestly am going to search of doing a top coat over the golden vein that will give it a Rich orange

Very interested, if you can please keep me posted.

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have a problem....

Don't we all, Pinside is like one big AA meeting place.

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Especially since I’ve never bought a NIB… till now. If evil dead or scooby are true, I might need another round.

Evil Dead, hell yeah!!!

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Watched the first Movie last night for a refresher...been awhile. Can only say if they put actual clips in this it could be a genuine scary ass pin. The way they did the murders ( quite a few) and the whole vibe was really great from a shock standpoint ( not pure gore, but still rough on occasion).
Had forgotten how good it was....more excited than ever to see how Spooky goes at this and getting the game.....

Funny the wife and I just watched the Blu Ray Halloween 1978 35th Anniversary Edition, like you said I really hope they had full permissions across the board to use what they like. Just think of the kill scene segments that would be awesome.

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Bug mentioned that the last thing PJ Soles said after her recording was “Will everyone get to see my boobs?”

I guess time will tell.

If she is that concerned about that, she is more them welcomed to come here and post a selfie

#495 2 years ago

Maybe here

0a000aaaa0000y (resized).jpg0a000aaaa0000y (resized).jpg
#510 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Early vs late code = whatever
Early minor bugs vs late-=whatever
A small, local boutique COMPANY that is proven, in the threads, and will truly support a very strong theme/ game= PRICELESS
Bring this bad boy!!

Oh yeah!!!!!!

oh yeah!!.gifoh yeah!!.gif
#527 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Classic!!!!! Too excited for this one!!

Did you listen to Zach's podcast interviewing Charlie, Bug and Luke? Sounds like some great stuff was implemented in these games. Video of game play is coming soon as well.

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How did you do that? The site has indicated that they are sold out since the day it went on sale.

Maybe on a standby list and as the duplicates start to get cancelled out they are calling those inline waiting?

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I think the "location" games are part of the first 50 or so along with studio people, actors, license holders, etc... Then it goes 50/50 from there on out between Spooky and Distributors. At least that is how it went with their previous titles based on their explanations.

and code tester's

#717 2 years ago

So who got 1031? LOL Great number to land.....

#987 2 years ago

HWN CE #335 heading to Staten Island. Ordered from my Distro...

#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

#230 - CE
Ordered through Rob / Pinball Classics

We did as well, Rob was great to deal with.

#1072 2 years ago

I did get to play Ultraman today while the whole time transposing the theme and music in my head to Halloween. While playing and afterwards I did get to pick Spooky Lukes brain and Spooky Bug, two great guys and glad I purchased A HWN CE from this group.

Game play:

I was pleasantly surprised how well the game shoots and play, although we were allowed only one ball I was on long enough to post my name so I did have a good ball time for a few minutes. The flippers were a bit soft but that was set purposely that way as I was informed by the spooky crew as not to over stress the machine with all the plays it was about to see, even though they still felt good.

Those ball lifts are amazing and in a show environment very quiet lol, the ball just showing up kept catching me off guard but I like it. All the mech's seem to work really well and flow was real nice, lots of good shots and some great ball speed.

The sound system sound really really good. I even dare to say it sounded better then Sterns sound systems.

The cab and build seem very solid, love the armor feel and coating, just an overall pleasant surprise.

I will be extremely happy when my CE comes around, but at game #335 I was told not to expect it for Halloween lol, who knows maybe years end but it will be well worth the wait for sure.

** Edited ** Shit I forgot about the RGB lighting and effects: Once again Spooky knock it out of the park, I think that covers it lol. The lighting dots in person really didn't affect your vision while playing and really don't look that bad or should I say pronounced as you see in photos.

BTW the playfield was stunning, the clear was beautiful. I know Jersey Jack was around behind when I asked but fuck it I did, I ask if there were any issues like JJP were experiencing. Luke told me directly they have not seen anything like that what so ever on and R&M, Alice Cooper and even this Ultraman was cc'd and dried only for about 4 hours before they built the game on it for the shows and it was holding up extremely well.

Overall guys, I say we are going to love it. It was fun to play.

** BTW: Anyone have a R&M BSE they would like to sell me lol ***

#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did spooky tell you not to expect your game by Halloween, or are you thinking you won't?

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cuz I'm 6 spots behind you and was really hoping to see mine by then. Hoping,,,,, not expecting

Unfortunately I was told " Probably not " when asked if I would see it by Halloween. Oh well but don't think it will to far long off from then anyway when they get to good rhythm going. Still going to be worth the wait.

#1076 2 years ago

Oh yes I also asked about the butter cabs, spooky's daughter ( I'm guessing here ) will be contacting all the buyers as their game is going to the line if the want the butter cab or not. As most already know our game numbers came directly from spooky not the distro's who just relayed the game number onto us.

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So. You're saying there's a chance? Hopefully things will roll smoothly for them and they can ramp up and get these things out.

Never say never lol

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Was the one you played a butter cab? I am really starting to reconsider my decision to not get it. If it was butter how did it look?

Nope it was not, the decals looked really nice and applied well. However the butter cabs will be direct printed onto the cab and clear coated. I was not going with the butter cab but after getting my hands on the machine yesterday and playing it (which is solid btw) I can see this title in my collection for a while so yeah I'll probably go with butter now.

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

STAY STILL!! Not encouraged by this but it was shot so poorly. I was more impressed with Ultraman and the two videos I saw were recorded by amateur fans. Hope more comes out to change my initial impressions.

This video does not do the game any justice. Like I had posted yesterday I played it and really enjoyed it. I didn't even get to look at the LCD screen while I playing as a bit was going on including multi-ball but even what i did see of it the colors and video segments were nicely done. What this video did do for me was fill in the blanks a little bit ( remember early code) for the music and sound effects and some call outs as I was hoping they would use. HWN is going to be a killer game ( no pun intended ). Horror fan or not many will relate and enjoy this game.

My .02 HWN for the win. I think JC just gets mentioned as not to confuse between which director version JC or RZ, however this is the only Halloween ever made into pinball to date, because there only ever can be one true Halloween. LOL

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Debra Hill also wore the mask in the movie. She’s standing in front of the house toward the end of the movie.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c72867850364352cf2385d5489ecd334b4380909-1627748174-1800"};
//]]>

I think 5 people in all played Michael in the 78 Halloween

#1184 2 years ago

Now seeing it a bit better, that gold trim actually looks pretty nice.

#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I had BSD with a pinsound mix, the amount of times I was down in my pin room playing that late at night on my own looking over my shoulder and feeling pretty nervous I can’t tell you but this is what I want from this game. They can make this way more creepy I’m sure.

Hell yeah!!!!!!!

#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

First on the scene should get the choice of best acronym. No need to throw JC or 78 in there since there are no others?
BSD was not the first Dracula so the BS was needed.

Nailed it!!

#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

HWN ,immediately you think Halloween. JCH, I'd have no idea in casual conversation what that means.

Jesus Christ Hayfarmer...

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I plan to do so with my Ultraman. Gonna insert them into something like below, then reinstall.
https://www.solidapollo.com/10mm-waterproofing-silicon-tube.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwr56IBhAvEiwA1fuqGngyku2JjuwyqIEGNWiYfvVJ4X7DhX7scWG4kqU8CC6ugbpXJgKclhoCr-8QAvD_BwE
I'm gonna help my buddy do his Halloween first, since he has a nice low number on his.

You might be able to get a frosted shield like Pinstadium uses and put that over the strips rather then relocation. I will say though while playing the machine they weren't a deterrent from seeing the ball during play.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:I guess if you're going to look at that backglass and still tell me its not called John Carpenter's Halloween then we're done

There is no title or nothing on the CE backglass

#1315 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Patiently waiting...should be any day now id imagine. No butter for me - I'm happy with Decals.

Decals did look really good when I saw them at the show.

#1333 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Jack danger just said the stream is Saturday on twitch.so excited

Not exactly, he said he is not allowed to say when but he will NOT be streaming on Friday or Sunday. Big difference especially if there are legalities involved.

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Halloween will catch up! Ultraman has very relaxed guidelines and we are able to add sounds, display elements, clips, etc at will. Halloween has a very involved staff that like to have input and see all elements before they are added. A full professional approval process. We will be on these games for a long time to come we have just barely started! Much of the initial few months goes to making all the features work. Then when all modes and functions are in we start to add the text, music, sounds, light shows, flashers, effects etc. On this game it also has to be done for 2 separate games so it adds a ton of time. We are building a team to get farther ahead on these things in the future. Getting better every day! Wish you guys could see how far we have come in the shop from a tiny incubator unit with 2 workers just 7 years ago.

Thanks Luke, appreciate all you guys do and just like R&M I'm know this will be a very desirable title with a lot of killing fun factor in the time to come ( sounds sick I know).

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

My guess, and purely a guess, is ones like the car one everyone hates could be a placeholder.

I really can't see them going through all that troubles to draw out a slightly animated comic scene just for a place holder. I could be wrong and really hope I'm wrong as this is one aspect I don't particularly care for. It's like Avengers AIQ with still images with slight animations, the movie footage on a loop would be so much better.

#1719 2 years ago

Reading all this made me chuckle a bit. People threw 9k down immediately for a CE machine without a single concrete video of any play what so ever ( mind you I'm one of them lol ) and yet the conversation rambles on about a $250.00 piece of glass.

Should it have been offered, yeah maybe so it would have been nice. However we did get a topper, upgraded armor package, shaker, speaker RGB lighting, speaker grills, shooter handle and maybe another small thing or two as where we don't get half of that with a Stern LE release.

I really don't mind paying 250 for a sheet of HD, VooDoo, Invisiglass or whichever as I know paying for some of those upgrades would have been more then twice or three times the price of the glass alone.

#1784 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They must keep the knives locked up until the end...lol

Maybe the psychological pressure is a bit too great on the build floor right now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=deathhimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.