(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damadczar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I would counter this thought with the fact that they only made 750 R&M and many people bought them for roughly the same price second hand well before Spooky finished making them all. It's highly possibly you get a high number and have to watch people play their pins and even sell them for retail all while you wait to get one.
Make sure you are ok waiting a year or longer to get one.

Not sure I would agree with this. During production R&M spots were going for up to $2500 premiums, and even now after the run is over, the average selling price is at least $1000 over NIB price.

Obviously, there's no guarantee that Halloween or Ultraman will do the same thing. That being said, folks always tend to sell their spots for tons of reasons, so if you miss out you can likely pick up a spot later. I'm just saying there's no guarantee it'll be for retail.

2 weeks later
#913 2 years ago

#761 from PinballStar, time stamp on PayPal at 10:14:34 EST. No big deal. Maybe mid March?

I tried Spooky for too long before switching.

2 weeks later
#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I'm neutral after watching the stream. Saw a lot of things I liked and some things I don't. I'll be patient and hopeful that additional video and animation will add a ton to the experience. My biggest issue was the upper playfield was too easy to qualify and therefor not very satisfying. With a more deliberate shooter I was hoping you'd have to earn your way to the top. I like the idea of qualifying the upper by playing the two muliti-balls (maybe even some incidentals??) but adding the "5 ramp shots to qualify" nerfs it for me. Feels very much like the Stern "see it all on one ball" approach. Yuck.
I'm still in and I know a lot can change. Very grateful to see the game being played and it looks like it will be fun to shoot.

Same -- I am neutral at this point. I think it shot pretty well. The right in lane needs to have a ball staged.... falling from the "house" playfield through the "asylum" to the scoop to the lifter was so terribly slow. That has to get sped up.

The animations were actually kind of terrible to me. I was hopeful they were just placeholders and either better animations or more movie assets would be shown instead. That's the part that worries me the most. The one of the hand reaching into the car was super cringe. You basically saw the same 4 screens the entire time. Ugh.

I'm still in for now, as Halloween is an amazing theme and I am a huge horror fan, but who knows if that'll change in the next 6 months while I wait.

#1640 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well hopefully not too much is changed from a music perspective. You have folks putting the game down who obviously don't understand Halloween. Kaneda does a great job reporting rumors but the kid doesn't know anything about horror. He's completely lost (although he admits the same - I think he even referred to Michael as "Mike Myers"). And Cary complaining about that amazing music that is so iconic in the movie is another sign of a complete miss. That is the music that builds tension, which he rightfully predicted as the response to his complaint. You are in his house so get ready - s**t is about to go down! I like that music there as you flail to keep your ball alive on the top upper. Perfect.
Campy dumb humor is not the only winning formula in pinball. I applaud you guys for trying something new. Yes the high hat sound that plays in two chords needs to be reduced but let's not cut too deep. You will continue to get the best feedback right here in this thread.

I agree with a lot of this statement. While there are some Halloween aspects that I saw that are worrying to me, Luke and others and spoken up and I do believe those things will be resolved in time.

With regards to the music. I think that the way Spooky is using music in HWN so far has been top notch. You want it to be slow and build tension at the beginning. In later modes and parts of the game you want it fast paced, repetitive, and grating (somewhat) to nudge you on and drive you nuts. Reminds me of background music/noise in early Bally/Williams SS games. Mild noise at the beginning that increases tempo and intensity as you get further along. That used to drive me nuts and heighten tension. I think the music of HWN is accomplishing something similar.

1 month later
#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They posted in one of the threads that the clips are 3-6 seconds long.

Even 20 clips each at 6 seconds is only 2 minutes of film footage.

I’d hope eventually we’ll have a few more clips.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damadczar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=damadczar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.