(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 2 years ago

Well I think that looks incredible - I'm a huge fan of the original movie and that theming looks just about perfect to me.

Can't wait to see it in action properly, this may very well be my first Spooky purchase - if so I'd be in on a CE all day, wow that topper alone sells it to me.

Also loving their method of ordering ie, not immediately limited numbers of anything. Gives us mere mortals a better chance of owning the blinged version.

#365 2 years ago

I'm so hyped for this! MASSIVE fan of the original movie and this game looks unreal. Stayed up past my bedtime here in Oz to secure a CE. With this and Ghostbusters, I just need an Alien and a BTTF (someone please make a new one of these) to complete my dream theme movie collection!

2 weeks later
#902 2 years ago

Invoice #11548 and build #379 for my Halloween CE. It's coming all the way to Sydney - I can't wait woo hoo!!!

2 weeks later
#1569 2 years ago

Wow I thought this looked amazing! It seemed refreshingly different to other games out there at the moment - I kind of liked the way the ball is hidden away/obscured so much. They were hitting shots and most of the time you are left going... ummmm so where is it? Then it just appears somewhere else with a flashing light to signal. Not everyone's going to like that but I damn sure do, it goes great with the theme. Music was fab, layout looked great, shots seemed satisfying, and it looked pretty solid. We just need the obvious polishing to be done on the sounds/animations and rules/code and this is a winner for me.

1 month later
#2748 2 years ago

I've mentioned before, but personally I'd much rather see more focus on animations than more movie clips. The clips should really bookend modes etc - little rewards for starting and completing things, but the moment to moment play needs great/varied animations and callouts. Couple of examples (using Avengers IQ, which I own and love but the animations are not the best). Look at the original open play screen for Avengers IQ (basically a static empty trophy room), it was terrible there was absolutely nothing going on as you were playing, and it made the game feel so empty. Compare any combo shot in Avengers IQ to something like the Ninjapocalypse shot in Deadpool, it's worlds apart.

Would be great to see similar things here - making a combo during open play (or a certain/specific combo) makes a bloody knife slash across the screen or I dunno, just something to give you some really satisfying feedback to shots.

Also - I actually love the way they've made the animations match the incredible artwork - so I really hope they continue to build on this. That's something I've wanted them to do with all the latest Sterns - to see some Zombie Yeti artwork animated on the LCD would be incredible.

EDIT: also wanted to mention that Hedge Multiball insert thing. It's minor, but once you notice it, it's hard to unsee - that should definitely be corrected.

#2835 2 years ago

I'm still so hyped for this game! Thanks to all who have given us poor folk further down in the queue a sneak peek by uploading vids and impressions. With me being in Australia it's going to be some time before I see mine but I cannot wait.

There is one thing I am curious about that I haven't seen mentioned. For those that have their machines what's the audio quality like? Have to say my last couple of machines (not Spooky) were a little disappointing in the sound department so I had to upgrade with pinwoofers, new speakers etc. Just wondered what the owners thought of the audio quality?

Keep up the excellent work Spooky - this pin looks incredible!

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I always like the Halloween 3 opening credits.
Off topic but since you brought this up.

That ominous 80's Carpenter synth is so damn iconic. As soon as you hear it, you know its one of his (awesome) movies.

#3053 2 years ago

I'm still hyped as hell! Game already looks incredible to me - from the very first trailer till now, it hasn't disappointed. Code doesn't concern me one bit - even looks pretty decent to me as it is now, but we all know it's early and will be continuously polished over the coming months. As massive fan of the movie I think they've done a brilliant job so far - this will be my first Spooky pin, but I'm loving the fresh layout, the art, the shots, everything - keep it up guys!

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s why I like the Spooky pins. They’re different.
If you’ve been around for a while, all the new Sterns are starting to sorta mold together. Lots of colourful art explosion, every shot adds points, and aim for MB after MB after MB. Just sorta gets boring after a while.
Don’t get me wrong - some of them are great games. But they all seem sorta the same after a while.
I’m looking for different stuff these days. Dare to be different. Bring it on.
rd

Absolutely 100% agree with this. No denying the new Sterns are incredible - great rules, great shooters, incredible art and sound - but if you own or play 2-3 of them they begin to feel a little samey. I think its mainly because Elwin's been the designer for most of the recent batch, and designers always imbue games with their signature feel. I'm not bashing them by any means, I own 2 (IM, AIQ) and I love them they are works of absolute genius. BUT they do feel very similar to play. I also had JP2 for a month and again, just the feel of it is very similar. I really wanted something vastly different this time. Honestly, I think most people will be blown away by Godzilla, and perhaps if I didn't have 2 of Elwin's games already I might have been interested too, but no it's not for me.

Halloween on the other hand looks soooo different, it grabbed me right away. It really is like nothing else out there, and already seems to be brilliantly themed to me - as a fan of the movie it's exactly what I would have hoped for. I for one am glad there's someone out there taking chances and building awesome machines like this - just means more variety for us pinheads, and that's a very good thing.

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I cannot begin to explain to you how much I appreciate this perspective! We are not a perfect, well oiled 40 year old giant company. We are just a bunch of guys throwing as much content as we can in really unique games that we hope customers love. Just trying to make something really cool for everyone to hopefully enjoy! I think we will continue to deliver that for years to come.

SpookyLuke absolutely, just keep doing what you are doing, the machine looks fantastic! Can't wait to see how the rules and code mature to take advantage of that awesome layout, hopefully you guys are having fun coming up with new ideas.

Also no-one is really thinking the code is anywhere near complete after Oct 1st right!? OMG it's got a looooong way to go yet...

#3289 2 years ago

New code looks great! Not just the rules and modes (which do look cool), but the little touches like extra animations on the main screen - the leaves blowing across and the blood splatters etc, really loving those smaller details. Great job!

1 week later
#3526 2 years ago

Surely this is a joke right? Anyone who criticises this game based on that (amazing) artwork is just unconditionally wrong.

1 week later
#3672 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I'm truly hoping for atleast double of the pumpkin modes. Bc there is just so much that is untapped in this game. Like the opening scene with the view from behind the mask, the school scene with the kids saying he's gonna get you. I believe with a minimum of 12 modes selectable. This will be a amazing game for sure

Yep totally agree with this - there are some pretty iconic scenes not yet being used and they could make for some really cool modes. Watching the last code update was super encouraging, so I'm assuming they are working hard on this and we still have a lot to see. Come on Spooky, you've made an awesome, unique layout and a killer theme - now let's have the most awesome code to match it!

2 months later
#3874 2 years ago

Awesome thanks for this! It's been so great watching the code/gameplay come along.

#3880 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I will also note I did hold back production to very very slow for the first 2 months. We really wanted to mitigate as many early issues as possible on this run and make sure employees were trained very well. This definitely upset some people with our manufacturing speed out of the gate but it did lead to our best quality out of the box ever. We are shipping the best quality games we have shipped overall this run. It's all give and take.

I completely understand the impatience when it comes to getting games - because the wait can be pretty excruciating. However, I'd much rather this happens, and the builds get throttled back in favor of better quality even if it means an extra couple of months added to the wait time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=ceemunkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.