(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

It’s hard to tell in the photos they showed, but does the Blood sucker version have the coin door powder coated to match the armor or is it just a flat black? Not a big deal, but their comparison chart says it’s powder coated, just can’t tell the color.
Also it’s too bad that the CE is the only edition with that big knife in the shooter lane. Hoping a mod company will make something similar for us non CE buyers.

Charlie confirmed the apron and speaker panel are the same powder. From the bloodsucker specs it looks like the coin door is as well.

"Powder coated to match bill acceptor ready door (bill acceptor not included)"

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I wonder how the distributor orders will fit into the mix from the spooky orders? Like does a distributor get every 10th pin made etc???

Batches of 50. 50 to Spooky direct, then 50 to distributors and so on.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I still cannot believe they sold out of these (and UM) SO quickly! Really crazy.
This theme is so up my alley, I am a little pissed I let myself miss the boat on it. Too much else going on at home, but still-
I love that hedge mech! That’s a very cool idea

You didn't miss the boat. Pinball Star and Nitro still have games.

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I'm assuming there will be a "family" mode? For those with a R&M or RZ, do the Spooky family modes moderate both audio and video? I realize this is far from a family-friendly title, just wondering how many years I should plan on until I can let my kid play it without subjecting her to terrible nightmares! I might stick this one in my workshop. I'll have to hide the clown side for sure, but that's mostly for my sake...

Family mode for Halloween is buy an Ultraman

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Folks keep saying the knife shooter rod is the additional toy, but it is called out separately in the descriptions.

The knife above the shooter lane is the additional toy, not the shooter rod.

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Man, did everyone order a CE? It doesn't seem like too many people ordered a BSE or SE. I keep thinking about upgrading from BSE to CE, but then I'd have to remove the topper before I could even set it up because of my low ceilings and the game doesn't even say 'Halloween' anywhere but the topper on the CE.

Most seem to have gone CE. Guess Spooky's CE seems like a steal compared to a JJP CE, so they figure what the hell. Us poor BSE folks will have to wait forever.

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I just figured for $1000 more, there was a bunch of cool stuff offered on the CE.

I felt the exact opposite. I figured the topper and extra toy were not worth the extra 1K, to me. I do think the Halloween topper is cooler than the Ultraman topper, though for sure. So, I saved a grand by going BSE and I'll have plenty of time to pay it off.

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Curious if maybe you can buy the other translight from Spooky. Might be an option.

They are actual backglasses, but they may sell a spare.

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

I thought the $1000 was worth it being here in Australian as postage in any after market mods gets expensive.
I agree. I preferred the CE Halloween topper was better and the BSE rails were better. But I went for Ultraman CE and I think the rails with cutouts matches the machine better plus shooter Rod and speaker grills and topper and toy jet. Was worth it for me. I am sure most of the extras and more will become available in the aftermarket mod place. I was so on the fence on which machine to go for.

Oh yeah, the speaker grills too. Forgot about those. I was dead set on a standard before I saw that sparkle prism BS powercoat. Then, I splurged. It's great that Spooky lets the customers decide how many of what version end up existing.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is this the second time William Shatner's face has been on a backglass/translite?

3rd, I'd say. 2 Trek pins and this one.

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How did you do that? The site has indicated that they are sold out since the day it went on sale.

They mentioned that after all the orders were gone through, there may be some duplicates cancelled and more available. Likely what happened.

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think there is like 3 distributors. You are saying they took 291 units on to sell per distributor?

3 US distributors, 1 in Canada (and he also does US sales) and 1 in NZ. Spooky sells 50% of the game allotment direct and the other 50% is divided to the distributors. I don't believe the breakdown per distributor has been discussed.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

#1065 here. Let the waiting begin! Actually don’t mind at all.

CE?

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Halloween CE, Spooky direct, order 11477 went through on 07/07/21 at 9:38am, slot #278
Temperature was 73°, winds were calm, the marine layer was beginning to clear and give way to plenty of sunshine, the red-tailed California hawks were screeching in the distance, looking for prey.

Best game number announcement post ever.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

If I were to pick mine up from Benton, and then drive back to KY 8 hrs, what is the best way to transport a NIB machine? I have a pick up, a minivan, and also a trailer.

I'm considering the road trip as well. I'll be close to the end. Probably at least 14 months out. I'm just north of Louisville. If we're complete close together, perhaps we could carpool. I have a truck with a lift gate. She's old but gets the job done.

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

And delt31 wins the prize for being the first to list his spot on the market place for a paltry $1k profit GLWTS

Someone listed and sold a spot already last week or so. $600 profit on that one.

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Kind of sucks people could buy 2 of the same game.

That wasn't supposed to be allowed. 1 of each was the rule

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Was it in the details? Huh. Shoulda picked up on that one.

They don't really tout it as anything special, but all models get a real backglass on Spooky games.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Still trying to understand if you can save on tax $$ going through distro vs spooky

The tax collection depends on what state you live in.

From Spooky's Fang Club email:

Is there sales tax?
If you live in a state where we meet the threshold to charge tax, yes. Otherwise no. Right now those states are CA,IL,IA,MI,MN,OH,PA,WA, and WI, but these may change as time goes on.

I believe your distributor will be asked to collect tax and pass that to Spooky if you live in one of those states.

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I did see that message - but the part I didn’t know was of the distro will be passing that on. I guess it could change based on the amount of sales in a given year?
I had a buddy just get that last run of ACNC in KY and was charged tax as well. And it’s not on states listed below

Interesting.

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Also, has Pinside decided what the game will
be abbreviated as? I’m seeing HWN, JCH, and H78

JCH and UKR for the pair.

#1194 2 years ago

Speaking of BSD (Bram Stoker's Dracula), doesn't JCH (John Carpenter's Halloween) just feel better than HWN (3 letters pulled out of one word in the title)? I mean, right?

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I hate that this makes sense. Now I’m on team JCH.

Ahhhh, but this makes more sense. I’m back on HWN.

So close to converting you, LOL.

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone considering removing the led strips and reinstalling them underneath the upper playfields so that the light show is less direct and more atmospheric? It looks like it can be done.

I plan to do so with my Ultraman. Gonna insert them into something like below, then reinstall.

https://www.solidapollo.com/10mm-waterproofing-silicon-tube.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwr56IBhAvEiwA1fuqGngyku2JjuwyqIEGNWiYfvVJ4X7DhX7scWG4kqU8CC6ugbpXJgKclhoCr-8QAvD_BwE

I'm gonna help my buddy do his Halloween first, since he has a nice low number on his.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

You might be able to get a frosted shield like Pinstadium uses and put that over the strips rather then relocation. i will say though while playing the machine they weren't a deterrent from seeing the ball during play.

Frosted is the goal for me. Just to kinda hide the led strip-ness of them. I'm sure JJP hotrails are bare LEDs behind the frosted shield, but the shield gives a more finished look, in my opinion.

#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anything other than HWN is honestly kind of silly.
H78 is more of a designation to keep the movies straight, since both the RZ remake AND the recent direct sequel were simply called Halloween. It isn't necessary at all for the pinball machine since there is only one.

Let's say we ignore the "John Carpenter's" part of the title and we all agree the game is called Halloween. Then we should just use Halloween. No need to abbreviate a one word game title. People don't abbreviate Mustang or Blackout or KISS.

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm just saying if anyone needs me to be the player for a video at TPF, just ask. I'll be more than happy to provide that service.

Ditto. I just barely made it to rank 199 for a week before covid hit. LOL. That was my highest ranking ever. And I was stoked.

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea, not quite buying that, or that Halloween was a third choice behind it and Ultraman....
I speculate Halloween was the core, and Ultraman was a well played jab @ Godzilla...
( Huge John Wick fan btw)

There are a few podcasts the Spooky crew has been on. They confirmed that when the group started the game design, they had John Wick in mind. I don't think they ever actually pursued the license. They also confirmed that they secured the Ultraman license well before Halloween. They started licensing talks for Ultraman at the same time they secured Rick and Morty.

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Interesting.....I'd think Ultraman would be easier ( cheaper) to procure than Halloween, but have no clue in truth. Think UM looks great from what I've seen, but the game oozes Halloween as the primary skin to me....

I was shocked when I heard that on the podcast. I thought those hedges were Halloween all over. Maybe things evolved over time. That feature certainly works for the Baltan and Michael angle.

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I'm sorry in advance but my vote is for HWN it just makes sense

HWN makes the least sense of any of them.

#1301 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

This bizarre layout is the same as the awesome looking UM machine that you where raving about three pages ago buddy, just incase you didn't know
How about you just start your own page on how HWN sucks instead of being a buzz killing troll on a page where people are actually excited for the theme and game. Thanks

Pretty sure he was talking about the camera layout Dead Flip is working testing for the dual game reveal stream.

#1311 2 years ago

Again, SLAMT1LT was not talking about the layout of the game. He was talking about the new camera layout Jack Danger was working on at the time of his post. Jack was testing a new camera set up to showcase both games at the same time on his Twitch channel last night.

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

So is this the official owners club thread?

No, a new thread will have to be created once someone owns the game.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I would even go so far as to say disable all modes until "mask mode" is complete and the house has been entered, sister is dead, and Michael's lifelong fate has begun.
The magnetic tray in the top left corner could be decorated to be Michael's sister's room.

I think that area is supposed to be the balcony that he falls from at the end of the movie.

#1604 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Anyone know, and my apologies if I just missed this, does Spooky do a real knocker or that digital screech?
Thanks,
Jeff

Real knocker on BS and CE.

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not sure who he is, but I'm guessing he isn't to pinball.

Nick Castle played Michael Myers (the shape) in Halloween.

#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Like future added modes will have more chances to open up the 2nd playfield.

Yeah, that would be nice. It would be a shame if you only see that upper most playfield during Jirahs/House Attack. I'm sure they will come up with some cool uses for it. I always think I could design pinball rules well, but I surely can't code them lol. Would be cool if one mode made you go up top, hit something specific, the purposefully drop to 2nd level, qualify something there, then purposefully drop again and finish a sequence on the main level.

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

As stated previously Tsubaraya was totally on board with handing the Ultraman reins to Spooky. They've probably been waiting for this for a long time.

Agreed. I'm sure this is why Ultraman is so much further, asset wise. Tsubaraya will hopefully benefit from all the non Japan exposure to the franchise.

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I find Roman glass to make a huge difference.
I mistakenly assumed my UMCE would come with some sort of antiglare glass. What gives SpookyLuke? Why is this not included with the collector's edition like all other companies? Big bummer.

This is Spooky's first ever CE model and they have never had any type of anti glare glass even as an a la carte option. It also was not listed in any of the promo material. It sure would be cool. I have no idea what that stuff might cost in bulk. Anyone have any info on that? Spooky is the perfect company to offer something like that though. Spectral Glass, Ghost Glass, Class 5 Free Roaming Vapor Glass

#1718 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

the lack of HD glass just a minor frustration...not a big deal. It's awesome that it comes w a topper, kickass side rails, speaker covers, and lighted speakers so its a little give and take.

Yep. Easily $800 worth of stuff that you would have to add to the Stern equivalent.

#1721 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Clench up your buttholes, if Kaneda is right Godzilla LE is going to be 10k....or more.

Do recent Stern LE's not come with that? I was at a local guy's house this other week that had like the last 5 LE's and they all had really nice lit speakers. I thought they had to be factory, but maybe I was wrong?

Stern LEs come with a colorful plastic ring around the upgraded Kenwoods, but no lights.

#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You got in yesterday and got #500? How did you pull that off? Did you buy someones preorder spot? Congrats. I am #790

Distributors still have spots with pre allocated numbers.

#1731 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well I went with the wrong distributor apparently lol

My theory is that everyone was sleeping on Nitro. Rob and Joe and Chris got bombarded and Nitro still had a bunch left after the initial onslaught. Now folks saw the stream and they go to Nitro to get one and he has spots in each of the distributor blocks of 50. He must have some slots open in earlier blocks.

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LOL...ok that's the funniest thing I've seen today.
Sorry guys...it just rubbed me wrong that with SO many extras being added to the CE, people are still not satisfied. Trust me, I get wanting my cake and eating it too. Snapped back harder than I needed to though.

I think we are all satisfied. Nothing much left to do, but wait and pick nits, lol.

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Why can’t other editions of the games, BSE and standards, be built at the same time? If you have an order and your ## in line just build it.

Not that it's a bad thing, but being built first is a selling point of the CE along with the other cool additions. They keep to their word over there in Benton.

#1836 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Why are people flipping this game for so little? Is it going to be that bad lol
Not even sure why they bought in the first place, probably thought they could flip for more! I do not think they intended on keeping the game.

People are backing out. I wouldn't call most of the spots for sale "flipping". There are still games available from a couple distributors, so no on will be making big money on a flip right now.

#1899 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Aww crap. That's going to set my OCD off big time! I get the want for symmetry in most cases, but not in a case like this. It's like when people put on a Star Trek emblem mirrored. It's just wrong. I really hope that's a separate piece and we are able to flip it.
Is this a real complaint? No. But it's one of those goofy little things that will slightly annoy me. That pumpkin is so iconic that I'm really surprised Spooky (or the license) would let mirroring it fly.

The grills are definitely separate and should be powder coated on both sides, so you should be able to flip it around.

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

So I have a couple of questions.. maybe it's a statement but either way. I'm in on a CE got lucky and got one of the last available spots in the 900's I know I'll be waiting and totally accepted that when I made my purchase... however Post 2011 from Kingpin games saying they have spots available in the 620's and 700's available. Seems a tad unfair (I know boo hoo poor me) that I got in line all be it at the end of it, and am patiently waiting but someone today could possibly buy a machine and get their machine several months before me but buying after me... kinda feels like cutting the line. If it is what it is so be it, I will still have an awesome machine to play (1st Spooky) but what say you the masses and Spooky fair or not? Also I saw/read a rumor that the CE buyers might get their name put on one of the grave stones? I'd actually love to see that and even if I had to throw a touch more $$$ to do so I'd gladly do so.

Distributors got pre-allocated spots. Spooky did too, but they sold faster than distributors. I saw in the mod thread that someone was talking about getting their name on a tombstone plastic to place next to the Judith Meyers. Is that what you may be talking about?

#2049 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You’re incorrect, but what do I know. [quoted image]

They sell prototypes right off the show floor?

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I realize this is knit picky but when you look at the pin and all of the hardware (speaker grill, side armor, hinges, coin door, legs) are powder coated and then I see the shooter housing as crappy silver I become curious why no one says "hey, lets just throw this in with the rest and make it look complete" - I mean it is a collectors edition and the top of their line.
Don't get me wrong I am excited for the pin and actually have swapped twice now to move forward and get it sooner....just feel that it cant cost much more if anything more to add the shooter housing in the oven - I have all my pins powder coated and it does not cost me more to add one more item.

I thought the same thing, myself. Make the shooter housing match everything else on BS and CE since they do their own powder coating in house.

#2101 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I dont know much about this kinda thing, but I'd assume they have the rights to Jamie Lee Curtis's image since she is on the cabinet and plastic art. It could well be different from the film clips, but it would see odd if they could put her in the art, but not use film clips with her.

She was so young in that movie, she likely has no rights to say anything about how it is used. Pretty sure that is why the Star Wars game has basically the whole original trilogy in it. I don't know for a fact, of course.

Meaning young actors didn't think about that kinda stuff back then.

3 weeks later
#2498 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am kind of surprised I have not received an invoice yet being number 61 at the rate they say they are building them..

Number 61 Halloween will be the 80 something game since Ultraman is mixed in. I believe they are still under the original 50. Last communication was 20 in boxes and 20 on the line, I think.

#2655 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Or the walking dud... lol

I chuckled at that one. Lyman saved it, though. Phew lol.

#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We already knew that, but what length and when they are implemented is the question of the day. 19, 1 second clips is not the same as 19, 4 second clips and how often they are used.

They posted in one of the threads that the clips are 3-6 seconds long.

#2935 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I didn't watch through the whole stream, but do we know that "the big guy" is from Spooky and not from the license holder? Maybe it doesn't matter in the end, since it could have the same end result, but I know licensing for some games is more difficult then others.

That's what I was wondering, as well. I couldn't make myself keep watching that stream. Not a fan of glass off gameplay. Too noisy. I did hear that he has submitted a bunch of animations that have yet to make it in. And he talked about an animation moving into the jack o lantern and seeing the candle inside. Guessing this would be the intro to pumpkin modes, maybe? Sounded cool, though. I'd wager he will deliver some good stuff, being so passionate about the film.

#2971 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

sorry - he said he was UM # 53. Looks like some skipping here and there. At 17, I would have thought you'd have gotten the email weeks ago...odd.

Maybe one of the VIPs requested an out of order number.

#3033 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’m buying this game
I’m legit torn between the blood sucker and the collectors cause i want the god damn topper it’s sick
I seriously can’t find a page that shows the differences in the two beyond that
Anybody have a link?

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/spooky-announces-halloween-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

...and this is the powder that comes on the BSE

#3267 2 years ago

Update looks great. I especially like the multiball restart rule change to where you only get it if you didn't get to collect the super. Love the idea of trading blood for perks.

3 months later
#3927 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Yes they are listed on the market portion of pinside , just search Halloween

You thinking of doing an Ultraman set too? Nudge nudge.

1 month later
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Is there a CE blue edition? I saw that on someones post.

CE Blue is for Ultraman. They use the same sheet for both games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=RC_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.