(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 2 years ago

I’m in for a CE. I like the look of the butter cabinet but I don’t feel it is worth it. It is my understanding that the finish on a butter cab isn’t repairable. Bumps and bruises happen on pins. I can always replace a decal. The same can’t be done on the butter cabinet.

1 week later
#594 2 years ago

The best Halloween movie is original but the “NBC” version of it. John Carpenter was asked to tweak the movie while filming Halloween 2 so the original could be shown on NBC. NBC aired a water down version of the movie and John Carpenter took that extra footage and released his own version later on. It’s hard to find the NBC version of the film that has the hard core horror scenes plus the extra footage but well worth it. It adds some depth to Loomis and Michael Myers.

#649 2 years ago

I purchased a Halloween CE with a distributor as soon as it was offered. Spoke with him yesterday about it. He is delivering first in first out (as they should all be doing). He couldn’t tell me when that was going to happen yet but said I will be part of his first shipment. My guess is around Halloween for the dramatic effect. I really think Spooky will try to make that happen.

1 week later
#743 2 years ago

Nitro just hooked me up with #138. I should be part of the first shipment to regular folks.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Any word on Nitro numbers yet?

Send him a pm. I got 138. You were a couple orders after me. I'm guessing 140 for you.

#988 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Does anyone have any idea (maybe from past game purchases from Spooky), if they would sell me an extra back glass. I am feeling greedy and would like one with Halloween on it, and also the one that will come with my CE. Would also be cool to get the extra signed at conventions and such.

I want one too. Can't run Halloween with the topper because of my low ceiling so I wanted to purchase the alternate backglass.

1 week later
#1253 2 years ago

Somebody put up a poll already. JCH, HWN or H78. Let the popular vote decide it. H78 seems the coolest and I’ve heard Spooky staff refer to it that way. Personally I don’t care what it is. All I care about is the fact that I got a game on order.

2 weeks later
#2012 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s an easy decision, ask yourself these questions.
1. Are you going to actually see the art or is it up against two other games? (me: no I will not)
2. Do you even care enough to drop an extra $1k (me: no)
3. If you havnt SEEN the butter..do you even know what your missing. (me: I don’t)
4. Does a butter cabinet make it a better GAME? (me: no)
5. Can you think of better places to spend that $1k (me: yes, definitely)
6. Are you just made of money and don’t really care and just want the most expensive thing just cuz? (me: no)

I would add one more item to your list.

7. Want something that looks good but isn’t repairable by the end user? Decals can be replaced if damaged, butter cabinets can’t be.

#2083 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I realize this is knit picky but when you look at the pin and all of the hardware (speaker grill, side armor, hinges, coin door, legs) are powder coated and then I see the shooter housing as crappy silver I become curious why no one says "hey, lets just throw this in with the rest and make it look complete" - I mean it is a collectors edition and the top of their line.
Don't get me wrong I am excited for the pin and actually have swapped twice now to move forward and get it sooner....just feel that it cant cost much more if anything more to add the shooter housing in the oven - I have all my pins powder coated and it does not cost me more to add one more item.
Sticks out like a sore thumb
[quoted image]

That isn’t how it will be in the final product. The cool knife shooter was removed for the show and replaced with a standard shooter assembly. The knife version is slotted so the blade handle won’t turn.

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

that makes sense - but is the housing on the final product going to match or still be silver? I looked at the spooky video and the housing with the knife is still silver and in my opinion would look way better with the matching powder coat

I just when back and looked also. I thought I heard that they figured out a way to keep the knife straight. If so, that means there is a different shooter housing that should be powder-coated to match.

1 week later
#2318 2 years ago

I don’t mind the gold but the pumpkins over the speakers should be orange. I’ll wait until I get mine before committing to the change.

2 weeks later
#2501 2 years ago

So what is the highest # that has been invoiced. I’ve only seen people in the teens so far.

2 weeks later
#3338 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Added orange anodized lock nuts in 6/32 and 8/32. Matches well with the orange plastic protectors.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This does look good. Do you have a count of how many of each are needed?

2 months later
#3893 2 years ago

The glass should clear the lockbar easily. Anyone having a issue needs to make sure the playfield glass is fully inserted into the top trim. Mine doesn't without a little help. I literally have to get a finger nail under the top lip of the trim as I am sliding in the glass.

#3895 2 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Whoever ‘bug’ is that inspects does not do a very good job. I had a few problems getting my lock bar out to as well as the GA wasn’t even working when they shipped it to me.

I'll bite - what is GA?

#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Don’t use a fingernail. Gently push down on the very center of the glass. It will slide right under

Not on my game. At least not yet. It will get there eventually. It takes awhile for the trim to sync up with the shape of the glass.

1 month later
#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Gonna sound dumb here. I put these on when I'm gonna raise the playfield correct? They don't stay on the machine?

Yes, they protect the art blades when you lift and lower the playfield. Just squirrel them away somewhere when not in use.

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Definitely scooping a set thank you

They work great but are a pain in the ass to fold when you get them. You'll see what I'm talking about when they arrive.

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I feel like I'm doing something wrong lol I've tried two of these digital levels and the app. Still getting a stuck ball at the top all the time and now the ball sometimes hits the left bumper before the flipper when it comes straight down from the start
<blockquote cite="#677
I feel like I'm doing something wrong lol I've tried two of these digital levels and the app. Still getting a stuck ball at the top all the time and now the ball sometimes hits the left bumper before the flipper when it comes straight down from the start

Do I put the level on the playfield or the top of the glass

The way Spooky does things - the front leg levelers should be all the way down and the rear should be about 10 turns up (about 3/4" exposed thread between the leg leveler and the bottom of the leg). Assuming your floor is level that should be about 6.5 degrees. The little cube type levels are really good for this. The phone app stuff is always way off.

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Also, are the small cube levels really capturing enough surface area to be consistent?

I have a crappy Chinese made one in my service bag for when I go out on calls. It works great and I'm not upset if I loose it. I've lost nicer ones but this one seems to stick around for some reason. The phone apps always seem to give me bad readings so I don't rely on them. Might be because my phone is in a case. A small bubble level is good for side to side level but the cube can do that too so I just use it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.