(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lostcause.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#547 2 years ago

I was never going to buy a NIB but when a theme comes up you like and that theme happens to be your birthday, your wife says you have to have it!
Who am I to argue, so I put my name down on a CE. We are excited to get this

It’s a long wait but hopefully will be worth it.

1 week later
#722 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So who got 1031? LOL Great number to land.....

Hopefully me as it’s my birthday

1 week later
#1152 2 years ago

So that’s at least 2 in Wales then

#1186 2 years ago

Hope they do something with the lighting and shaker like on TWD prem/le, that thing gets creepy. They will need to dim those leds right down as it’s looking very bright to me to get a creepy atmosphere.

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

If there’s a place they did that while the ball was held, and it is quiet (for the most part), with a creepy scene, that would rock. They mentioned in an interview, there’s a mode where you’re trying to get away from Michael and making shots quickly is the key to success. This would be a good place for something like that. I also think that’s what the licensee wanted, so it’s not just repeating parts of the movie over and over. Just a guess.

I had BSD with a pinsound mix, the amount of times I was down in my pin room playing that late at night on my own looking over my shoulder and feeling pretty nervous I can’t tell you but this is what I want from this game. They can make this way more creepy I’m sure.

#1227 2 years ago

Good things come to those who wait…………………….

#1307 2 years ago

The layout doesn’t look that much different to say whitewater or less interesting than Twilight Zone for example, it will be good to see how the upper playfields flow/play out and how those inlane lifters work out during multiball. All I know now is that it sounds/looks good which is a big plus for me.
The code could make or break it, seeing as it’s Spooky’s most manufactured pin I’m sure they will do good by it.

#1375 2 years ago

It’s got a creepy sound track and I’m hoping they dim down those LED’s to create that dark atmosphere.
We need some good callouts to go with it, I want to be looking over my shoulder playing this!

1. Halloween Theme – Main Title (2:54)
2. Laurie’s Theme (2:05)
3. Shape Escapes (1:42)
4. Meyers’ House (5:35)
5. Michael Kills Judith (3:11)
6. Loomis and Shape’s Car (3:32)
7. “The Haunted House” (3:33)
8. The Shape Lurks (1:35)
9. Laurie Knows (3:01)
10. Better Check the Kids (3:27)
11. The Shape Stalks (3:08)

#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

In my version I had access to all the movies and all the characters, and still didn't have enough callouts to sustain a lasting experience. For a commercially licenced game you have to go with sound-a-likes or original cast members. Personally I hate sound-a-likes with a passion. I'm a pretty decent voice actor myself and can do a passable Donald Pleasence impression, but no way would I replace the man himself.
You don't always get the lines you need from the movies, but you get an authentic experience, which I value more.
I start my game with: "Death is coming to your town Sheriff....". Chills you to the bone.

I watched your version on YouTube the other week and thought it was quite good even though I’m not into virtual pin stuff.

#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm Well aware that the code is not done, but I do Agree with Cary on a few points he made regarding Halloweens repetitive sounds. One of the first things I noticed when watching the stream.

It has already been mentioned before his video on here and for all to hear on the stream including Spooky, pretty sure it will be addressed.
What I’m hoping they don’t do is put a lot more effort into Ultraman which is what it looks like so far, many more Halloween’s being made so keep everyone happy. I’m sure there is nothing to worry about and all will be good.

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think the reason there is more coded into UM at the moment is that Spooky had a access and permissions to use UM footage well before HWN. I am definitely not worried about as a HWN ce buyer.

Same here, it will be good. They need it to be good and will want it to be good for sure. So it will be good
CE for me too.

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Exactly, and we could see this coming from a million miles away. Buy the lower production game, claim it’s way better than the other and hope the secondary market price goes skyyyy highhh. Not saying everyone is doing that but I sense a few may be.

Think it’s called the ‘500’ club.

#1639 2 years ago

SpookyLuke has spoken, as I thought nothing to worry about

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I really can't see them going through all that troubles to draw out a slightly animated comic scene just for a place holder. I could be wrong and really hope I'm wrong as this is one aspect I don't particularly care for. It's like Avengers AIQ with still images with slight animations, the movie footage on a loop would be so much better.

Agree, just reminds me of Monty Python animation. Maybe it will be better once it’s finished, plus by the looks of what I have seen you need your eyes on the playfield anyway!

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

failing to complete the sequence after a set amount of time could shut down the flippers and you're dead, ball drained.

My Operation Thunder does this when you run out of fuel, it does add to the tension but its pretty annoying all the same. Especially for people less skilled.

#1711 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Waste of money. People mistake my clean glass for invisiglass.

Depends how much you pay, even then it’s worth it for the right glass. We have a group buy here in the UK for our glass. A guy in Hungary who runs the pinball museum there also owns a glass manufacturing company, he makes low reflection (both sides) ultra clear glass with lovely bevelled edges. Normal glass does not compare, you will reach out to touch the ball because you forget the glass is there after working on a machine. I bought 11 sheets for a £1k, best upgrade you can do for that price.

1 week later
#1888 2 years ago

The line between the mouth and nose on the pumpkin for the speaker and armour has been annoying me since I first noticed it which was straight away, does it really need to be there? Nobody has mentioned it yet. Must be just me.

Out of the two, Halloween looks much better to me

#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's from the movie yes.

Ahhh yes just found a picture, understand now.

50877EDD-0822-4843-ACD5-2E371C64795E (resized).jpeg50877EDD-0822-4843-ACD5-2E371C64795E (resized).jpeg
#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You could complain aboot them flipping the image on the other speaker panel though

Ha ha no I like that, now my complaint is the right eye isn’t Michaels head lol

33A67A30-9570-4F0D-B8C5-C15B65DFBB0B (resized).jpeg33A67A30-9570-4F0D-B8C5-C15B65DFBB0B (resized).jpeg

#1898 2 years ago

Was thinking what about a joint mod
Came across a clip and thought what about a mode with them being followed in the car with the tune Don’t fear the reaper which is playing on the car radio

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That is good news. I mean...yeah that is a really crazy thing to be bothered about...but I'd be (slightly) bothered. LOL

What about the side armour, can’t flip that about but guess it’s not in your face to annoy you enough.
The only thing about those speaker covers that was concerning me was that they cover so much of the speaker up but from some of the clips it doesn’t sound bad or muffled.

#1941 2 years ago

I can think of a few WPC games where the pop bumpers were a waste of space, Whitewater for one.

#1951 2 years ago

Artwork is fantastic, shame it will be in a line up mostly hidden.

#1990 2 years ago

Liking the single led boards and if they supply spare led boards that would be a nice touch.
Uplifters look nice and chunky, in fact the whole thing looks pretty damn good!

#2010 2 years ago

Some gameplay, sounds like the double annoying high pitched sound has gone from pumpkin to right lifter.

#2028 2 years ago

Are those wires twisted to help with interference?

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's what I was asking above. I think it's just to keep them orderly without having to sleeve them based on what someone else said in response. That way you don't have 4 separate loose wires going to every connection point for the LEDs.

I meant electrical interference, I’m sure I heard the driver board used could suffer from interference or something.

“ By twisting wires that carry an equal and opposite amount of current through them, the interference/noise produced by one wire is effectively canceled by the interference/noise produced by the other. A twisted pair also improves rejection of external electromagnetic interference from other equipment.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Depending on how much your raise the back levelers, around 87”.

Glad I used full 8ft sheets of plasterboard/drywall when I built my room!

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Not worried at all! Spooky will start cranking these out when full validation of new line/process is complete. It had been stated by Spooky this will take about 4 weeks. Production will then start slow and ramp up when parts order arrives, which will allow them to go to full production. 18 months still achievable.
Anyone getting their first Spooky don’t worry! Spooky is a great company that is upfront, honest and a pleasure to deal with. As a customer for over 7+ years, Spooky is #1 for me!

As a first time buyer that’s good to hear, my fang club package arrived today and it had me worried

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Powder coating on the CE is dark gold…it fits the theme very well IMO. I’d wait to make that decision until you see it In person.

Yeah, it’s autumn and works for me.

#2369 2 years ago

So what game is better now

#2374 2 years ago

Wish I could collect mine but it’s a bit far

#2427 2 years ago

The speed that’s playing I don’t think you will have a chance to see clips
Appreciate you filming gameplay, only 8 months ish until I get mine!

#2433 2 years ago

I have set of those protectors, very handy to have even to protect the black paintwork.

#2437 2 years ago

Remastered version out next month

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Just had the call #18 will soon be on a ship bound for the UK

Happy Halloween hopefully!

1 week later
#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Was only a matter of time before Kaneda tried to pick apart the one in order to pump up the price of the other to facilitate his Flip. Guy is pathetic.

Never listened or watched him before, you can see he wants to come across as laid back don’t give a fuck kind of guy. Some of the stuff he was coming out with was hilarious even my wife who could hear dissed him, hope he gets his million dollar property in New York

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Spooky better put lot's of more effort into this or I'm cancelling. I downgraded my C.Ed to a B.Sucker already. The insert not lighting up the text Halliween that Kaneda points out. Come on !! How could you miss that. Expecting mine to be shipped summer 2022 so they still have time to sharpen up.
//Matt

If you are talking about the topper, the ends now light up as they fixed it.

#2630 2 years ago

It’s been said they are trying to get much more content, the more the merrier!

#2632 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

This is what I’m thinking as well. I don’t think it’s an issue of they won’t but I’m wondering if they cant.

Lot of people saying they will deliver no doubt - I hope so - but what happens if they don’t/cant.

Then they will not be trusted on pre orders going forward and the people who bought in will be left wanting.

#2637 2 years ago

I think it will be ok, people are getting nervous or think they are missing out on something else and jumping ship.
It’s still the same game and getting better.

#2652 2 years ago

And B66 has the same insert quirk apparently.

#2853 2 years ago

I use a 15” Paradigm servo 15 sub on some of my pins, not sure how to stop the whole room and contents rattling except turn it down and that’s not happening
Having to fix rattling glass from too much bass is a good problem to have

1 week later
#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

<RD types out huge post>
<RD chickens out and deletes>
lol
rd

We’ve all been there
Mines normally so brutal it’s best not seen

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I don’t see how they could add staging with the current design. Ball goes in one of the scoops and goes down a subway to the lifter. Lifter is triggered, lifts the ball up to the flipper lane and releases. There is nowhere you could keep a ball staged. Right?

Keep ball in lifter until another ball is on its way down then rinse and repeat. They said they might add 2 more balls to the game to do this.
Works great in STTNG.

#3304 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

And how are you suppose to get the balls back to the staging state after a multiball?

They could add 2 extra balls that always stay in the lifter, so it ejects the ball in the lifter only when one comes down the subway to replace it.
Spooky said they were thinking about adding two more balls for staging, probably trying it out already.

#3309 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

When Stern fixes the ‘you ooze you loose’ and the ‘hair dick’ LOTR backglass.
Not a deal breaker is what I’m sayin’.

Also on the latest Batman I’ve been told

#3326 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Id really like an example of this. Ive owned BM66 for over 4 yrs and have never seen this. Catwoman's head was cut off by one of the ramps but that was corrected by production time. Its not a huge deal on HW but that should've never made it to production looking like that.

I don't know but someone on here who owns one only realised and never saw it until it was mentioned by me earlier, can’t remember who though.
It was Neil McRae who said there was a similar thing on Batman, I presumed it was BM66.

Edit: just looked at a pic and ringed the inserts, might be these.

97F3FE11-95D6-4279-A512-CFCBD9E2F3D7 (resized).jpeg97F3FE11-95D6-4279-A512-CFCBD9E2F3D7 (resized).jpeg
#3353 2 years ago

^^^ and then after that great moment in pinball while putting your name up play “Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper” to chill a bit

#3361 2 years ago

We love sheep in Wales, baaaaaahhhhhhh.

#3412 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

I am not going to let Kaneda tell me what is right or wrong about my game. . .

I will second that as you have mentioned his name, I don’t like mentioning dirty words.

#3414 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

That's it guys. Show us who the ADULTS in the room are!

Funny guy

#3416 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

It's called 'sarcasm to make a point' - not 'comedy', but thanks.

It’s not, but it was funny all the same

#3422 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Go get your shine box.

That’s very ADULT of you to put it in your words lol

#3438 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

THAT was a joke. So, I assume then your comments about Kaneda are just jokes? ...trying to keep up here.

Just messing, it’s all good. Be even better when I get my game.

#3439 2 years ago

I had BSD with pinsound and that was way more creepy than the TWD I have.

#3441 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, those THIR-TEE-MEEEEEELIOOOONN callouts are.

I love to hear that call out

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've never gotten it.
Also, I've played less than 25 games on BSD, ever. Got the 20's...never the 30's. Haven't laid hands on a BSD in about 6 years...talk about depressing.

I’ve got a video on YouTube doing it, not seen that for a while

#3487 2 years ago

Put the jukebox on earlier, 4706

67C00163-10F4-489F-B4E5-B1257053F352 (resized).jpeg67C00163-10F4-489F-B4E5-B1257053F352 (resized).jpeg
#3515 2 years ago

Should have this music playing doing his review

#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Welp. . . unfortunately. . that guy

Yeah, “that guy”. That name should never be written. I like that!

He will do what he has to do to get noticed no matter who he pisses off.

1 week later
#3716 2 years ago

Made my first pumpkin and my birthday is Halloween! Took me over half a century to do one lol

5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg
#3718 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

That's no pumpkin it's a Jack-o-Lantern, and a fine one at that!
Happy Birthday!

You see what do I know, of course it is
Thanks

#3720 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My son made the same pumpkin for his pumpkin-looks good. I let my son watch a little Halloween and my wife got pissed and put an end to it. Meanwhile she watches her chic flicks with sex scenes and that is ok? Weird that I try and protect my son from premature sexual awareness but feel violence is tolerable. My excuse is that he knows its not real.

Let my kids watch horror and did them no harm, agree about not letting them see sexual stuff.

#3743 2 years ago

^^^^ Come on spooky this tune is so much better than Godzilla

2 weeks later
#3812 2 years ago

Congratulations the first one in the UK and also getting on the VIP list
Long wait for mine about 750 ish.
Maybe a code update will get the topper working properly, also they did something to get the H and N lit up on the topper and there is a ramp upgrade with no screws sticking out you need to get I’m guessing.

Have fun!

1 month later
#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

When will the first devices with the CE mark for Europe be released?

One has already arrived in England.

#3888 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

I ask about Europe…..
I think the problem is the CE Marker.

We are in Europe, just not a member of the EU

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lostcause.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=Lostcause and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.