(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#331 2 years ago

Ordered our ce thru nitro at 7 am . Can't wait to recieve!! 2 friends also ordered same from nitro

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

My down payment just cleared for Halloween CE. Got in very quickly when it went on sale so I'm thinking I may have it in a month or two. Exciting times

Did you buy direct or thru a distributor?

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

My down payment just cleared for Halloween CE. Got in very quickly when it went on sale so I'm thinking I may have it in a month or two. Exciting times

Did you buy direct or thru a distributor?

Quoted from John-Floyd:

I went Direct as It was a frantic frenzy that morning and I wanted to make sure I got one. Later I found out my local guy is a spooky Dealer. Oh well...next time.
I know they are doing 50 friends/family/licensee special orders first. I believe they are then doing 50 distros...then 50 direct. I should be in the first 50 direct if my math is right.

Will be interesting to see how this happens. I ordered a ce at 7am from distributor, so hoping Im at top of his list too, but I have not ordered from them before so not sure how the process works.

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Good stuff Hayfarmer - we will now have 3 games shared in our collections! I appreciate you helping me get started with Led Zeppelin when I first joined this fine forum earlier this year. 1 machine turned into 3 awfully quickly!

Great , or crazy minds think alike!!

1 week later
#710 2 years ago
Quoted from Robodobro:

Game #1063 here

From who and what model? Thx,,,

#734 2 years ago

I ordered from a distributor at 7am sharp and haven't got my number yet. Not worried tho, it will come.

#738 2 years ago

AWESOME!!!!!!!

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Nitro just hooked me up with #138. I should be part of the first shipment to regular folks.

Damn. You beat me by 1. I was thinkin i was up pretty early

#759 2 years ago

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

so, here is a work in progress. . .
[quoted image]

Add #138 from nitro to yr list

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Add #138 from nitro to yr list

Edit. I see you did. Sorry

#1011 2 years ago

I'm #341 from nitro. If anyone who ordered from them wants to move back for any reason, I'd love to move up. Please let me know . Thx,,,

#1013 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210726-172453_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210726-172453_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

20-40 games per week

I vote for 40 a week

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

If anyone is interested , I am letting my spot go. Couple other pins came up to purchase and I am going that direction. We are moving next summer and figured I can pick up a used one once we are settled in.
Message me if interested.
It # 360 direct from spooky.
Dana

Dang. Wish you were in the 100s, id buy yours and sell my spot. Still hoping to move up from # 341. Good luck !

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

341??? I'm 908. My number will be up by the time my numbers up!!

Ya, but I was 139 for 2 weeks, then informed there was a mixup, and now I'm 341. I contacted 139 guy but he said he didn't wanna trade back.

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So cool. Thank you. Can you post a little more video?

Not mine. I copied from ultra thread

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I did get to play Ultraman today while the whole time transposing the theme and music in my head to Halloween. While playing and afterwards I did get to pick Spooky Lukes brain and Spooky Bug, two great guys and glad I purchased A HWN CE from this group.
Game play:
I was pleasantly surprised how well the game shoots and play, although we were allowed only one ball I was on long enough to post my name so I did have a good ball time for a few minutes. The flippers were a bit soft but that was set purposely that way as I was informed by the spooky crew as not to over stress the machine with all the plays it was about to see, even though they still felt good.
Those ball lifts are amazing and in a show environment very quiet lol, the ball just showing up kept catching me off guard but I like it. All the mech's seem to work really well and flow was real nice, lots of good shots and some great ball speed.
The sound system sound really really good. I even dare to say it sounded better then Sterns sound systems.
The cab and build seem very solid, love the armor feel and coating, just an overall pleasant surprise.
I will be extremely happy when my CE comes around, but at game #335 I was told not to expect it for Halloween lol, who knows maybe years end but it will be well worth the wait for sure.
** Edited ** Shit I forgot about the RGB lighting and effects: Once again Spooky knock it out of the park, I think that covers it lol. The lighting dots in person really didn't affect your vision while playing and really don't look that bad or should I say pronounced as you see in photos.
BTW the playfield was stunning, the clear was beautiful. I know Jersey Jack was around behind when I asked but fuck it I did, I ask if there were any issues like JJP were experiencing. Luke told me directly they have not seen anything like that what so ever on and R&M, Alice Cooper and even this Ultraman was cc'd and dried only for about 4 hours before they built the game on it for the shows and it was holding up extremely well.
Overall guys, I say we are going to love it. It was fun to play.
** BTW: Anyone have a R&M BSE they would like to sell me lol ***

Did spooky tell you not to expect your game by Halloween, or are you thinking you won't?

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did spooky tell you not to expect your game by Halloween, or are you thinking you won't?

Cuz I'm 6 spots behind you and was really hoping to see mine by then. Hoping,,,,, not expecting

#1078 2 years ago

Unfortunately I was told " Probably not " when asked if I would see it by Halloween. Oh well but don't think it will to far long off from then anyway when they get to good rhythm going. Still going to be worth the wait.

So. You're saying there's a chance? Hopefully things will roll smoothly for them and they can ramp up and get these things out.

#1090 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210730-202148_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-202148_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1121 2 years ago

Better than I was hoping for, and I was hoping for lots!! Great lookin pin, cannot wait!!!!!!!!

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The led strips shouldn’t be a major concern for anyone...too bright? Mask them. Hate em all together? Just take em out. Really not a big deal.

I would think they are adjustable in settings like gi and insert lighting? Maybe not, anyone know? I think they look great as is tho

#1202 2 years ago

HWN ,immediately you think Halloween. JCH, I'd have no idea in casual conversation what that means.

#1204 2 years ago

Jesus Christ Hayfarmer...
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f44ce5af926a4427b4f1f6cf75e9e56d7fc4d5d0-1627921449-1800"};
//]]>

Well, that works, I guess

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Anyone else catch the super cool knife mirror blade on the right hand side running up next to the shooter lane? Looked amazing hope it's in the game when they start shipping!!

Standard in ce

#1244 2 years ago

1251. I might post twice im so excited

#1261 2 years ago

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I'm sorry in advance but my vote is for HWN it just makes sense

Same

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

If someone wants to move up to CE #340, I'll certainly trade if the price is right

I have 341. Wanna swap?

#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I wonder what would happen if I wanted to let #68 slide for a later spot?
Nah, I want this game now.

I'm here for ya if you wanna move back

#1339 2 years ago

Screenshot_20210806-064934_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210806-064934_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1366 2 years ago

This pin is screwing with me. Was notified i had #139. Then a few days later was told it was a clerical error and moved to 341. Now today, someone wanted to move back and I bumped up to 245. Very happy there, they should have the game assembly down pat, and I should have it by Oct 31st!!

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just wait a few months when you get bumped back to 1150!

Heyyyyyyyyyyy. No bad karma bud!! I should down vote you haha

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Same thing happened to me. I was told I had #420 and honesty it made me feel like it was meant to be-I would almost pay a premium to have that number. Then another pinsider posted he had the same number? I then was bumped up because of clerical error? Seems I am not alone, and while mistakes happen I do think it is unprofessional and it burst my bubble.

I wasn't too worried either way, it was a crazy hectic day for spooky and the distributors. I dealt with Nitro and was very impressed how they handled it as I moved back and when I moved forward. Stuff happens, and not bein greedy, I'd still like to move up again I loved being in early on LZ, and seeing it progress, early issues and fixes are fun to work thru.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I tried the app. It doesn't cast from my phone. Only you tube so far. But I'll use the HDMI from my laptop.
#376 CE, I need to know if I should move up or down
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9629960d4ee559284d3af5b6d9fc243a5069dcd5-1628375755-1800"};
//]]>

I'm betting there will be no reason to want to move back. Nitro just traded me up 100 spots to 245, and I'd like to be lower number still!

#1482 2 years ago

Clearly UM is more polished as of now. But once HWN is finished , it will shine. Especially when movie clips and hopefully adult mode are added.

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Did anyone notice how many times they shot the ramp to get to upper playfield but ball didn't have enough velocity and kept coming back down?
Seemed like a lot. And that is with good players playing.
At least it does not fall sdtm.

I think it was just the way it was set up. UM seemed to shoot faster and when they were adjusting cameras, did you notice how well the ball was moving while they were just plunging? It was hitting skill shot by itself. So it looks like set up and level may be really critical on these 2.

#1550 2 years ago

Just watched again with headphones on and volume cranked. Sounds amazing !! So much I missed while watching live. The callouts are good, but the sound effects are awesome. Cannot wait till # 245 gets here,,,,,,,unless someone wants to trade down and I can move up!!

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Grating, piercing, repetitive and annoying are words that spring to mind.

Cary Hardy or Halloween?

#1630 2 years ago

#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

anyone else plan on painting or covering up the screw in the middle of the hand on the topper?

Ya, hoping they do it for us , but until its here I can't decide how to.

#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Going to watch the stream again this weekend when I've got more time ( pretty awesome the first go around)
Think a huge hidden plus with this type of lighting horsepower...blackouts, lightning effects, and all sorts of scenes can be added to the vibe..
Deep pulsing red for murders, a blue/white power mix for pulses/ shock value, etc. This thing could easily bring serious terror to gameplay.
Whole package looks very strong to me!!

Completely agree. If they showed all their cards on the first stream, what would we have to look forward to? Game looks and will be killer!! Watch it with headphones, sooooo much better.

#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Where would you get it?

Any stern distributor will have it. Well, should have it,

#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Waste of money. People mistake my clean glass for invisiglass.

Not really if you have side by side. No comparison. Now ,would I buy invisiglass? No, but I do like it on the machines that came with it.

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's VERY dependent on the your set up I think. In my basement there is very little diff'rence you can tell, side by side.
Perhaps in a more lit area with more sunlight/windows happening it would stick out more.
That's what I've always assumed listening to people say "sometimes I reach out becasue i think there's no glass."
I mean I want to believe, but these same folks probably need pinstadiums to see the ball so whom knows

Its more the lack of reflection is why people like em so much. But, I won't pay 250+ for it. Cheaper to just dim backbox lights down to 10% during gameplay and have them come back to 100% when game is over .

#1723 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Good to know. I'm gonna have to ask that guy what kit he's using then. They were *SUPER* nice looking. Very smooth.

SpeakerLightKits.com has amazing kits. Have em in all ours

Screenshot_20210514-211735_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210514-211735_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1752 2 years ago

Are you hiring? Hell, I'll work for free to get mine sooner!

#1799 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Yeah the code and the machines should be well dialed in. So long wait, but it should be ready out of the box with updated code. Even though I have a standard, I still think it's fair that the CE and BSE get their machines first. It's only fair if you are paying more money.

Well said. While I am in for a ce, mainly because I liked topper and did not want to wait a year, I understand when toys hit a threshold on how much you are willing to spend. I could not buy a signature edition jjp or stern, and have bought a le for 9k, but that's as far as I can go too. Unless its a grail theme

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I found out one of my friends is getting a Halloween. It’s his favorite movie, so I’m glad he is getting it.
The collections are moving around to accommodate. Just watch.

Yup. Sold 2 to make room

#1853 2 years ago

Has anyone been asked about butter cab yet, meaning their order is getting close to ship? Been pretty quiet lately,,,

#1858 2 years ago

Now I just need the correct machine to put it on!

20210819_102613 (resized).jpg20210819_102613 (resized).jpg20210819_102619 (resized).jpg20210819_102619 (resized).jpg
#1859 2 years ago
#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Haha Just got mine in the mail too!

First!!!

#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Looks like troops on the ground at the SFGE who are doing setup are reporting that there is 1 Halloween and 1 Ultraman game on the floor. Can't wait to see both of them tomorrow afternoon!

Shoot some video of Halloween if possible please!!

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I believe the goal is to hit each standup target, then the scoop, then the exit to the shooter lane as a bonus.

Hopefully after this show, we'll have more video and answers..

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Honestly I don't really know. Got pretty deep into the multiballs. at the end of the game it Told me I defeated Michael, so maybe there's more. It's way to loud now maybe tomorrow morning when game bringers get the extra hour I can focus on what I'm accomplishing.

No video?

#1945 2 years ago

#1983 2 years ago

Both are great lookin, can't go wrong with either choice.

#1993 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

One BIG con with this pin is no video clips from the movie, just crappy still animations wtf. It could be the cheapest animations ever in a pin.

Cmon, its so early in its code, maybe 50% .And if they revealed everything they had, what would we have to look forward to? Very excited for this to arrive, can you guys at spooky work faster?

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Maybe I misread it but from what I remember it was your name on one of the gravestones on the playfield.... which seemed totally awesome yet hard to pull off with 900 + CE machines. Just was curious if it was true/rumor... either way it'd be great if they did...if not "like" the idea of a tombstone plastic with names on it as well.

It would be fairly easy to take tombstone out and have it engraved. Only problem is it limits resale, unless you have an original replacement..personally, I don't want to see my headstone!

#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I'm having one made with my mother-in-laws name

Just don't show her!

#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No, I have one of the early friends and family games. They said it would be ok if I mentioned it or showed it.

Not interested in dick pics or waving, but id like to see pics of your game. Impatiently waiting for # 245 here!

#2058 2 years ago

I posted several pics a couple pages back. Lots of closeups of the playfield.

Ya saw those. Thought maybe I missed one you took down.

#2067 2 years ago

Here’s a couple.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great pics. Thx for sharing !

#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

what is that black thing at the top of the playfield glass?

Screenshot_20210824-083028_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210824-083028_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2143 2 years ago

Looks like #2? More importantly, how did it play?

#2146 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So it would appear. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but will soon

How can you wait?

#2153 2 years ago

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

He’s coming home.
[quoted image]

Congrats! What number are you?

#2157 2 years ago

Very cool!! Hope more pics are coming soon! Now only 233 more till mine is made

#2168 2 years ago

Omg, too funny!! Looks like a cool video I'd love to see it

#2182 2 years ago

So, you're liking the spooky pins? Great lineup!

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Feels like a vinyl sticker. I plan to put an EL panel there and make it orange…like the R&M portal done by hooked on pinball.

What is an EL panel? I agree there needs to be a bit of contrast there

#2226 2 years ago

Looks great, thanks.

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

With so many upper playfields, I see your concern. But rest assured, the design is solid. A ton of fun to play, fast, and smooth. The mini playfields are fun to shoot…there is a ton of variety packed into those playfields. There’s some ass kicking, but not like R&M that can make casual players discouraged. Really, a great balance.

One more video today,,,please?

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here ya go. This is Michael hedge multiball. Near the end she hits the trapped Judith Myers ball and has an extra one flying around. This was shot with some of the windows open, so there’s more glare. I didn’t get great shots of the playfield…because I wanted to show the topper. It’s VERY early in integration. Certain shots set it off. It’s lights aren’t implemented yet. Not sure why others have lights with their pics. New code will turn on the lights of the topper soon…along with the speaker lights.

Very cool, thx for posting this !!

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just doing some planning here... Anyone know who spooky uses for freight, how much the shipping costs are at checkout, and how long it would approx take to arrive near chicago? I live about 2-1/2 hrs away and wondering if I should just rent a truck and pick it up myself…possible LTL shipping damage are of concern or should I not worry about that…

Oh hell ya, go pick it up. Just the experience of going there is worth the drive

#2326 2 years ago

I'd love to pick ours up in Benton. But its 1747 miles each way. Maybe I'll buy a canopy for my pickup and do it,,,,, talkin myself into it

#2336 2 years ago

Awesome. Keep them vids comin!!

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys just wanted to jump in and say we cleared 30 games to go out the door this week. Many of them already boxed. On a daily production schedual now so you will see games going out every week from here on out! Appreciate all the kind words and feedback. This has truly been a dream come true for all of us.

How many do you anticipate shipping each week?

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

More than once they've said 20 - 40 per week. Avg is 30/wk. Ratio is 2.5 HWN to every UM.

I know what they've said, looking for conformation is all. And wondering if they have ramped up yet.

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Looking to start 5 per day this week. We work four 10 hour days. At the beginning we always have some days where we miss the mark. As we go we will increase to 6 then 7 then 8 then 9 etc. It's never an exact science.

Great to hear this. Thx

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

We’ve been playing this more. Just an incredible game. We’ll try get more video and explanations tomorrow. The sound effects are really awesome. And even though some of the noises are a bit grating (heck, that’s a horror movie), they are vital in a multiball to know when a ball is coming up one of those risers to the flippers. You need a distinct sound to get your ears to hear the warning above the craziness of the multiball.

Cant wait to see more!!!

1 week later
#2541 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just watching Kaneda review at jack bar of Halloween - software and movie integration sounds like the biggest disappointment so far. Animations not looking good.
I really hope this code is just WAYYYYY early

I just hope he goes awayyyyyyyyy

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

When I have a new game on order and arriving soon, I always try and think of ways I can mod it. I have not thought of anything I really want to add to this game? It really is loaded, and when I saw it in person I thought-they even already have the perfect flipper topper stickers that tie in with playfield art-stunning. The Backalley sculpted props are perfect! The only thing I can think of adding as of now is a set of orange superbands and an under cabinet color changing red/orange/yellow special effect light?
This game is already a masterpiece and does not need much

I think the modders will come up with something for the balcony area, I know Medisinyl is waiting for his game to start working on them. Looks great from factory tho for sure

#2714 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Kinda scared to do anymore video . It’s just me, my wife, and an iPhone…and very average players.

No, keep em coming please!!

#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks for doing the stream .Also didn’t know about your place I’m 1 hr away might swing by tomro to play it

Yes go do and give us more feedback. Please

2 weeks later
#3483 2 years ago

John got the best number out there!!

1 week later
#3563 2 years ago

#78 is the ultimate fan number, I would think someone will grab this soon. Good luck!!

2 weeks later
#3698 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Same here. Mine is still on the line and won’t ship until next week.

Dang, sux that you won't get till after Oct 31st.

#3702 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I know…oh well! Good news is of a chance I may have my GNR LE delivered this weekend.

You are goin to freak when you get it. But be warned, it sounds like shit. Order pinwoofer now, biggest improvement of all games I've used it on.

1 month later
#3898 2 years ago

GI?

1 month later
#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

They work great but are a pain in the ass to fold when you get them. You'll see what I'm talking about when they arrive.

Used a long straight edge, wasn't bad,,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hayfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=Hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.