(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrisCrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Thanks guys, I bit the bullet and put in my preorder for a CE. With the number I got they said it will be possibly a year at the rate they are producing, but gives me time to prepare home space for it! Excited!

what number did you end up with?

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Supposed to be #716

nice, thats not too bad, you sprung for the CE?

#2430 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

The playfield is in tight (not a bad thing). Just a friendly reminder to protect the interior art blades with these…
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html
I use them every time I pull out or lift the playfield on all my pins.
And, the right lockdown latch needs to be in the correct position when you replace your field so you can latch the lockdown bar. Otherwise it’ll end up under the playfield and you can’t use it.
These are NOT problems, just nuances that are helpful to know about.
[quoted image]

I wish I had some of those protectors years ago, ordered!

1 week later
#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

So what is the highest # that has been invoiced. I’ve only seen people in the teens so far.

im wayyyy up there #933, I'll have mine last lol

#2730 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Streamed actual gameplay today. Uploading to YouTube now. Game shoots really well. Animations are fine to me. Few rules need tweaked, combo exploit should be corrected. Game is tough but fun. Sorry didn’t talk much while playing if people want more explanation and stuff I can do another one sometime soon.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1153482511

well that makes it look much better already! thanks for the video, it showcases a lot more of what's already in there

#2732 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Do you have a link to this video you refer to? Thank you.

its on page 53

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What do you think isn't lined up? I don't see anything wrong

its less obvious but same flaw, light dosnt fill the window

#2907 2 years ago

Not that anyone cares what I think but everyone's worried far too much about what the final product is going to be. Video cutscenes, animations, it doesn't really matter, I truly believe that everyone at spooky is truly committed to making this a masterpiece. It's one thing to have input and suggestions, but this thread has gotten somewhat ridiculous. Either you're along for the ride, or you're not, Quit bitchin!

#2914 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you watched the animation creators vid and heard what he said, you might be concerned. He kinda said "the boss" didn't want a bunch of videos assets in the pin. That sets direction, regardless of code maturity. Hell, he said play the movie in the background if you want Halloween. Not really what we are expecting.

I did watch, both times when he was streaming live on twitch. Yeah it looked rough, but he made it look that way, the video quality, his playing ability, and the way he was in general was quite cringe. That being said, I've watched other people videos since and am not the slightest bit concerned with what it is currently or spooky's end vision will mature into. IMO everyone needs to chill with the nitpicking until you have one in your game room.

#2915 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Think this would be great if www.Sparkypinball.com could make a TV or Video screen for this game. Could have a bunch of real assets going during the game play. Works wonders for other games. I feel it would work very well with this title. Hey Sparky you have been challenged. Lol
@sparkypinball
[quoted image]

theyre pretty easy things to make, lots of sources for kits or tiny lcd screens to build em'

edit: also great use for old phones and ipods, you can 3dprint a tv housing for it (this is what ill be doing if i can find a place for it or might install it in the apron)

#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Easier to add suggestions now, before you can't. If everyone waited for anything, or until you owned it, nothing would get better. It's not nitpicking, it's letting the maker know what the market wants.

then how about ill give you my number way up in the 900s and you can give me your most likely much lower number and ill be happy with the game "as is" while you wait for improvements

#2919 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think you are 912, I'm 920 lol You are welcome in advance for my nitpicking!

damn... no, I'm #933, thought you were way farther up. Regardless, the video and animation stuff can be changed. the only real gripe would be the insert, but if that can't be fixed, it is what it is. The cabinet is gorgeous, the playfield looks great, and so far people say the game is fun. Just relax and enjoy the ride

#2926 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Not sure if this was posted here yet, but a collectors edition is available for play at the West Hills AYCE Gogi in the LA area. Spent some time playing it and really liked it. One thing that doesn't translate well to the online streams is the audio, in person it sounds great!
[quoted image]

that's exactly what I mean, I think the game is far more amazing in person than anyone in here aside from the people that have played, it are giving credit for! I have faith in what spooky is up to with this project

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Gotta remember the original Halloween film is 2:35 (widescreen), most phones are closer to 1:85 standard movie (and tv) ratio. Any housing will have to cover the top and bottom black bars on a phone screen.

yeah, that's easy enough, I actually just used the spare phone I had for another project and have since ordered a mini lcd panel

2 weeks later
#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:You can click the link and watch the video without signing up for Facebook... it won't bite you.

not for me, says "you must log in to facebook to continue"

2 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrisCrow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=CrisCrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.