(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chief_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2842 2 years ago

Good day fellow pinheads. I have one on order and believe in Spooky and this game. I only have one concern and it is about the sound system. My Rick and Morty sound was so awesome, but the bass made the PF glass rattle big time, that became rather annoying quickly. Any inputs? Hopefully that has been remedied for this game.
Thanks, Dave

#2845 2 years ago

Yeah, I tried that on RnM and it worked somewhat, but did not eliminate it. Plus it made removing inserting glass very tight. Probably operator error...
Maybe I just use external sub if I have the same problem. Thanks for the input.

#2846 2 years ago

Epic is correct word for sound system, blows all others away IMO.

#2851 2 years ago

Maybe Spooky Luke can get the sub spacers and felt installed in while it's being fabricated? Don't think these parts would be big dollar additions. Much easier to do it now and save your loyal customers the extra work. Just a thought, don't think I'm asking too much for $10K.

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I use a 15” Paradigm servo 15 sub on some of my pins, not sure how to stop the whole room and contents rattling except turn it down and that’s not happening
Having to fix rattling glass from too much bass is a good problem to have

I agree it's a good problem, just hate working on new out of box machine, I'll live if they can't fix it, the ROI is totally worth it. These machines kick ass.

#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is an issue on most games that have powerful/upgraded sound. You'll want to add some "rattle tape" to the glass, or to the sides of the glass channel in order to keep it from rattling.
I upgraded my Monster Bash and I use guitar picks on the top /bottom of the glass on both sides, which also works great. You just want to keep the glass from rattling in the channel.

Thanks for the input

#2859 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Amen literally caused multiple people to bail on this amazing game with his attitude and lack of common sense as he didn't realize that all of us are paying spooky customers and have every right to question the only weak part of the game which HE is leading.such a shame as spooky is top notch in my book and personally I truly hope they replace him sooner rather than later as they are the best in the business when it come to community and customer service and he obviously doesn't fit that criteria and we all know they can do much better. Being a die hard fan doesn't make you a good animator. Some of his are absolutely top notch like the scene with judith myers tombstone and then you have they horrid sanitarium animations and the moving hand. It just doesn't look professional in 2021 in a 10k game that has amazing artwork everywhere else except on the lcd screen. BUT No Matter what. IN SPOOKY WE TRUST

Couldn't agree more. C'mon Spooky. You can do it!!!

Extend the clips/scenes and add more, reduce or eliminate some of those those corny animations.

Think about the RnM code with the long clips, it works, and how that pulls that game together, it's incredible. Please do that to Halloween. So many scary scenes in that movie.

I'm rooting for you!

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I use the zip tie method under the glass rails and it fixed it permanently.

A permanent fix sounds awesome. How’s that work exactly?

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Buy a pre amped external subbox nothing is better .

That’s what I was thinking and just turn down bass in game. Thanks

#2872 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Something tells me the licensor wouldn't allow something like that. It could be cool at the end, but it's altering the artistic beginning of the film. Now if they put it in without added info in place of the original text, maybe that could work. I just keep thinking back to a podcast where Charlie said, the licensor didn't want something that was a running movie in the game. I think this may have something to do with the movie clips as well, but it's just a guess.

You’re probably right, I’m no business major or minor. Just know that more movie would be better. Maybe make another pitch to licensor and show them how cool the game could be. It’s making an ancient HWN movie relevant again, especially with the new movie outit’s a win win IMO and an opportunity lost on licensor side too.
But what the hell do I know, just a retired crusty Air Force Chief.

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cut the ends of 4 - 6 zip ties - the pointy bit. Jam them under the bottom part of the black plastic glass channel - distribute evenly along - 2 - 3 each side.
Make sure its UNDER the channel, in between the channel and the cabinet wood, not in the channel.
I think its in the RnM thread somewhere - thanks to Whysnow

Thanks

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I just saw a YouTube video yesterday and it was every scene from H78 that showed Myers. The whole video was only 3 1/2 min long. If Spooky gets 2 min of that footage in I think they're on the right track.

You’re on point!!!

This is what the game needs. Animations detract from the game big time …

#2909 2 years ago
Quoted from Chief_G:

You’re on point!!!
This is what the game needs. Animations detract from the game big time …

This is the Cleeland code everyone desires basically, the dilemma other companies don’t understand, aren’t getting the hint, or just don’t care. Give us the full package man!! We’ll pay up for it. Get the assets, that’s what makes the game killer. It’s why RnM soared and AIQ was an awesome layout that fell short because the call outs, music, and assets was less than desirable.

#2911 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't really agree with that. Nobody wants do just see the same movie clips over and over, animations should fill in the gaps. But they need to be high quality animations to improve the experience. I have never seen a ACNC, but from what I can tell, those animations were top notch. Why not bring him or her back on board, or why were they not there in the first place? The current guy has me worried, and it's not just his ability, but attitude that is most concerning.
I'm 920 though, so no doubt it's going to be fleshed out by then!

This is a cult classic slasher movie, it’s all about the movie clips. The movie is the pin, the pin is the movie.
We can respectfully disagree.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So you want the movie to basically be looped, with no animations in between?
Hmmm. Luckily, that's not what's going to happen.

Hmmm.
No, minimal animations that are much better and extended clips that rock, like RnM, which set the bar much higher than this. That’s it.
BTW, I love Spooky and want this game to kill it..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chief_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome?tu=Chief_G and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.