(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 82.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Still ahead of me......and believe me I was lined up the second the word Ultraman came across my screen. I'm just paying a "poor tax" lol

I still can't believe you are selling (sold?) your Iron Man!

I just sold mine recently too. I think you and I have owned that pin longer than just about anyone I know. I think Rarehero still owns his.

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats Mark!
I went with UMCE. I had given up on it and was going to wait this one out but then I received a notification that my order actually went through! I am near the back of the pack though.

So good to see you Rob!!! Been too long since we've crossed in the threads....shall PM To catchup....

Couldn't pass on this one. 1st Spooky for me, AND an iconic slasher theme at that!!!!

UM is a great theme as well. Memory lane for me on that one!!!

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I still can't believe you are selling (sold?) your Iron Man!
I just sold mine recently too. I think you and I have owned that pin longer than just about anyone I know. I think Rarehero still owns his.

What?

I've owned Iron Man for about 2 months, bro.

I never intended to keep it long term, I bought it because I missed playing Iron Man, and I wanted to try to get to DOD MB (pfft lol). I'm doing some fixes to it that honestly needed to have been done by prior owner before I sell it though....replacing hammered magnet cores, adding magnet protectors, putting in the shooter lane protector (arguable if it matters at this point but it'll stop it from degrading further), and plan to sell it for what I have in it, zero profit for me. Loss if you consider my time to fix this stuff.

Plus, I found out a location near me has one that I can effectively play for free anyways, long as I want to drive 20 minutes to get over there.

#354 2 years ago

I'm in for a CE. Ended up going through Nitro as well because Spooky was giving me too many red x's.

I'm really interested to see how they approach the rules in this one. I had some ideas that I threw out before really seeing the game, just considering the theme and movie, but now i'm not very sure. I will say, not playing as Michael in any way, that seems pretty obvious, but I wonder if we'll be taking on a role in the game.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm in for a CE. Ended up going through Nitro as well because Spooky was giving me too many red x's.
I'm really interested to see how they approach the rules in this one. I had some ideas that I threw out before really seeing the game, just considering the theme and movie, but now i'm not very sure. I will say, not playing as Michael in any way, that seems pretty obvious, but I wonder if we'll be taking on a role in the game.

Skill Shot
Use flippers to change location of skill shot. Then launch and shoot fast!

Hedge Multiball
Lock a ball behind each hedge to start Hedge Multiball. Reveal Michael behind each hedge by shooting the left ramp, then hurry to shoot Michael Jackpots!

Shoot the Michael Super Jackpot to complete mode.

Sanitarium Mode
Shoot the right ramp to get to the Smith Grove Sanitarium Playfield, then shoot the scoop to start Sanitarium Mode. Complete all red lit shots for Michael to escape! Then gather patients for Super Jackpot.

House Mode
Qualify House Mode when Hedge Multiball and Smith Grove Sanitarium have been visited, then shoot the center ramp twice to start House Mode.

Now get to that uppermost playfield! Complete orbits to battle Michael and shoot the balcony to win!

TIP: Hold the flipper on the upper playfield orbit for a wicked combo!

Pumpkin Modes
Start Pumpkin Modes by shooting either left or right orbit and clear the center drop target bank, then shoot the pumpkin to start mode.

Follow directions and shoot lit shots to help Michael get victims or help Laurie Strode escape!

Play and fully complete all Pumpkin Modes to light Jack-O-Lantern Multiball.

Boogeyman Mini-Wizard Mode
After visiting Hedge Mode, Sanitarium, House Mode, and all Six Jack-O-Lantern Modes, the Boogeyman Mini-Wizard mode will begin. Lock all 7 balls in the order given to you to complete Boogeyman Wizard mode, the enjoy your victory lap multiball!

Night He Came Home Wizard Mode
If you’ve played and fully completed all modes to their fullest extent, Night He Came Home Wizard Mode will be lit!

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Congrats man. Halloween is my wife's favorite horror series and she really liked the trailer. Hope to get to try one someday. Yegpin 2022?

#357 2 years ago

Hopefully got a CE through Joe @ pinballstar.com. He sent me a email blast ordered it and $2060 PayPal withdrawal from my card. Fingers crossed.

#358 2 years ago

My local arcade just stated they bought a HWN CE to route

#359 2 years ago

I showed some non-pinhead friends the promo video today. They said "the hedges"!
I replied, "Spooky had my money when I saw the hedges" hahahahah

#360 2 years ago

Scored a SE. 3rd Spooky title for me!

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Hopefully got a CE through Joe @ pinballstar.com. He sent me a email blast ordered it and $2060 PayPal withdrawal from my card. Fingers crossed.

If the Paypal went through you got one, congrats!!!

#362 2 years ago

Does Spooky allow pick ups from their factory? I figured it would be a much longer drive from Louisville, but only about 8 hours. Could make a cool long weekend road trip for when the time comes.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Does Spooky allow pick ups from their factory? I figured it would be a much longer drive from Louisville, but only about 8 hours. Could make a cool long weekend road trip for when the time comes.

I believe so. That's what I'm planning on doing.

#364 2 years ago

I will be picking mine up as well, gonna make a mini vacation of it.

Quoted from finnflash:

I believe so. That's what I'm planning on doing.

#365 2 years ago

I'm so hyped for this! MASSIVE fan of the original movie and this game looks unreal. Stayed up past my bedtime here in Oz to secure a CE. With this and Ghostbusters, I just need an Alien and a BTTF (someone please make a new one of these) to complete my dream theme movie collection!

#366 2 years ago

This is amazing, CONGRATS!!!

#367 2 years ago

Are there any decent pictures of the standard edition? What is it missing?

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Address there any decent pictures of the standard edition? What is it missing?

I know the topper, trim level and shooter handle. Translite( bg?) is different. Otherwise, not sure.

#369 2 years ago

I heard the SE also doesn't have the knive by the shooter lane. Is that true?

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Only the CE has it.

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Yep, that is the extra toy that is mentioned.

#372 2 years ago

Will the CEs have an actual backglass instead of a translite?

#373 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Will the CEs have an actual backglass instead of a translite?

All Spooky pins have backglass

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Quoted from manadams:

Only the CE has it.

Nothing a quick trip to Walmart/Target won’t fix ....

rd

#375 2 years ago

Here's the mockups Spooky posted of the BSE and SE models.

!cid_462877f0-11af-431c-9f79-b29a80d2ebea (resized).jpg!cid_462877f0-11af-431c-9f79-b29a80d2ebea (resized).jpg!cid_8f4158c5-8786-4daa-aa44-2cbab303459d (resized).jpg!cid_8f4158c5-8786-4daa-aa44-2cbab303459d (resized).jpg!cid_dd97d262-2f53-46d2-8cce-b21d35ff6572 (resized).jpg!cid_dd97d262-2f53-46d2-8cce-b21d35ff6572 (resized).jpg!cid_789785fd-5890-45a1-966f-5815500d62c9 (resized).jpg!cid_789785fd-5890-45a1-966f-5815500d62c9 (resized).jpg
#376 2 years ago

Anybody else excited to see what kind of inner artwork people come up with for the standard? I have faith it'll be at least as good as the factory artwork.

#377 2 years ago

I still cannot believe they sold out of these (and UM) SO quickly! Really crazy.

This theme is so up my alley, I am a little pissed I let myself miss the boat on it. Too much else going on at home, but still-

I love that hedge mech! That’s a very cool idea

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I still cannot believe they sold out of these (and UM) SO quickly! Really crazy.
This theme is so up my alley, I am a little pissed I let myself miss the boat on it. Too much else going on at home, but still-

You didn't miss the boat. Pinball Star and Nitro still have games.

#379 2 years ago

I am since I am in on the SE - I figured Id go SE and customize it the way I want.

Quoted from JeffF:

Anybody else excited to see what kind of inner artwork people come up with for the standard? I have faith it'll be at least as good as the factory artwork.

#380 2 years ago

Just saw this, looks insane! I want one.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Just saw this, looks insane! I want one.

Pinballstar has them.

-Mike

#382 2 years ago

Any chance we are going to get a "Do you like what you see?" two ball multiball? Asking for a friend.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's also possible Chris at Kingpin has games.

#384 2 years ago

Just a thought, it would be cool if the OP can add a purchase poll with the three models so we can get a feel of what the breakdown looks like. I think more CE's were purchased then any other model.

#385 2 years ago

Other than the distributors, Spooky sold out in 33 minutes before the market place closed out for Fang Club. This is the 3rd title I've bought from them and the website only method made this a great roll out! How do we start strong arming them to look into an Evil Dead title next? =p

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

^^^^^This!!

Chris has been very responsive to emails, nights and weekends, Chris quickly responded.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I am since I am in on the SE - I figured Id go SE and customize it the way I want.

I’m seeing stainless legs that look like knives and Colson’s Illusion Cherry powdercoat on the rails and speaker panel…maybe even a few drops of it GB-style at the top of each leg.

#388 2 years ago

My apologies if I missed it but do we have any info about the build schedule by chance? I'm in absolutely no rush but I'd like to get at least a feel on when I "might" get my Halloween CE.

Thanks,
Jeff

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

My apologies if I missed it but do we have any info about the build schedule by chance? I'm in absolutely no rush but I'd like to get at least a feel on when I "might" get my Halloween CE.
Thanks,
Jeff

50 for location, then 50 for spooky customers, then 50 to distros...

Depending on when you ordered, you could be waiting a few months or a year-plus

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

Ce first
BSE second
Standard last

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

50 for location, then 50 for spooky customers, then 50 to distros...
Depending on when you ordered, you could be waiting a few months or a year-plus

Roger that I'm in group 3, the distros. Works for me, don't get me wrong I'd like to get the game "now" like everyone else but I've got a full schedule coming up so for me the longer I have to wait the better...

Jeff

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

All Spooky pins have backglass

Thanks for that info, I was wondering that... I was able to grab a Standard one, didn't know if it would have a backglass or not.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You didn't miss the boat. Pinball Star and Nitro still have games.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks folks - this is shocking news for my wallet.. LOL

#394 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#395 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

Only Info i have seemed to gather is they are ready to start building them now.

They are waiting on a big shipment of parts they expect on Friday 7-9-21.

Also as of right now they are at around 20 games per week production. But they expect to increase that productivity over time.

#396 2 years ago

SE might be the best bang for your buck in NIB pinball for 2021. Fully featured game with a real back glass and total access to the license’s assets for $7k, I hope this is the beginning of a new trend!

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What?
I've owned Iron Man for about 2 months, bro.
I never intended to keep it long term, I bought it because I missed playing Iron Man, and I wanted to try to get to DOD MB (pfft lol). I'm doing some fixes to it that honestly needed to have been done by prior owner before I sell it though....replacing hammered magnet cores, adding magnet protectors, putting in the shooter lane protector (arguable if it matters at this point but it'll stop it from degrading further), and plan to sell it for what I have in it, zero profit for me. Loss if you consider my time to fix this stuff.
Plus, I found out a location near me has one that I can effectively play for free anyways, long as I want to drive 20 minutes to get over there.

Well hell, who did I mix you up with then??

#398 2 years ago

Any idea of the height of the machine (hwnce) with the topper? (Ballpark)

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Any idea of the height of the machine (hwnce) with the topper? (Ballpark)

I would plan at least a foot for the topper. Apparently the knife stroke is so long, there is supposed to be slit in the top of the backbox for the knife to fit through.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well hell, who did I mix you up with then??

I mean...I've played a TON of Iron Man...I practically might as well have owned it. We had a IMVE on location for one of our local leagues for a VERY long time before we lost that location. Hell, at the new location that has it, I got 2 shots off finishing Jericho the other day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/8?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.