(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,078 posts
  • 425 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by Completist
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg
IMG_20220209_222021.jpg
IMG_20220209_140259.jpg
IMG_E9844 (resized).JPG
29906170001_3963512893001_video-still-for-video-3963419346001 (resized).jpg
DCFA53C4-EE23-404F-9C8F-9CA3718D00E1 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 82.
#4001 6 months ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Is there a CE blue edition? I saw that on someones post.

CE Blue is for Ultraman. They use the same sheet for both games.

#4002 6 months ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Your left side art blade looks dinged, did you do that or did that come from the factory like that?

I absolutely murdered mine cause I'm a noob but spookys customer service has been over top. Now I just gotta figure out how to install them

PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
#4003 6 months ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

I think that signifies Ultraman.

#4004 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I absolutely murdered mine cause I'm a noob but spookys customer service has been over top. Now I just gotta figure out how to install them
[quoted image]

I'm in the minority on this, but removing the playfield is the easiest way to do it...Just slide it to the end, leave the harness plugged to back box harness and prop on a couple of stools.

Then just line up and install your side art...Easy peesy...I've done it on about 10 of my pins over the years, and it's way easier than any other method I've tried.

#4005 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

[quoted image]

I can’t recommend these enough (though they are OOS right now):

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I’d say buy these or make something similar yourself before installing new ones. More than likely you will do the same to those right away if not soon after.

As for installing, I spray the back with windex and slide them into place with the playfield up. Then wipe them down. Some people don’t like doing this because of the liquid but I have never had an issue after several installs.

#4006 6 months ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I’d say buy these or make something similar yourself before installing new ones. More than likely you will do the same to those right away if not soon after.
As for installing, I spray the back with windex and slide them into place with the playfield up. Then wipe them down. Some people don’t like doing this because of the liquid but I have never had an issue after several installs.

Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a good idea for those who work on their machines a bit. Just purchased a set. Nitro Pinball was the only one I found that had them in stock.
https://nitropinball.com/products/interior-cabinet-game-blade-protector-set

#4007 6 months ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Gonna sound dumb here. I put these on when I'm gonna raise the playfield correct? They don't stay on the machine?

#4008 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Gonna sound dumb here. I put these on when I'm gonna raise the playfield correct? They don't stay on the machine?

Yes, they protect the art blades when you lift and lower the playfield. Just squirrel them away somewhere when not in use.

#4009 6 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Yes, they protect the art blades when you lift and lower the playfield. Just squirrel them away somewhere when not in use.

Definitely scooping a set thank you

#4010 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Definitely scooping a set thank you

They work great but are a pain in the ass to fold when you get them. You'll see what I'm talking about when they arrive.

#4011 6 months ago

They work great but are a pain in the ass to fold when you get them. You'll see what I'm talking about when they arrive.

Haha greeeaat

#4012 6 months ago

Used a long straight edge, wasn't bad,,

#4013 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Used a long straight edge, wasn't bad,,

Completely agree and also can't recommend these highly enough!!! They form their shape pretty quick and an absolute must have if you have blade art you want to protect while working on your game.

I learned the hard way on a couple of mine ( replaced decals)...but some of this artwork can be unobtantium, depending on the machine...

#4014 6 months ago

Did I buy the wrong level lol

PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
#4015 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Did I buy the wrong level lol
[quoted image]

Never seen one of those before.....Pic of mine attached...overkill, but I use on other things..( had it for years)

Pretty sure guys are using phone apps that are pretty good for this now

( remember to check at top and bottom of pf)

20220214_203712 (resized).jpg

#4016 6 months ago

Can anyone tell me how to relight the pumpkin modes? I feel like I keep shooting the orbits but I can't get the drops to come up again. Any help?

#4017 6 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Can anyone tell me how to relight the pumpkin modes? I feel like I keep shooting the orbits but I can't get the drops to come up again. Any help?

There is some weird behavior with 1.05 code. That will be corrected in the new update. Prior to 1.05 it was one orbit per mode previously completed that ball.

#4018 6 months ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

No.

#4019 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:Never seen one of those before.....Pic of mine attached...overkill, but I use on other things..( had it for years)
Pretty sure guys are using phone apps that are pretty good for this now
( remember to check at top and bottom of pf)
[quoted image]

I feel like I'm doing something wrong lol I've tried two of these digital levels and the app. Still getting a stuck ball at the top all the time and now the ball sometimes hits the left bumper before the flipper when it comes straight down from the start

#4020 6 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There is some weird behavior with 1.05 code. That will be corrected in the new update. Prior to 1.05 it was one orbit per mode previously completed that ball.

Yeah I noticed it took a lot of shots to get the targets back up. I just figured you were Battletoading the pumpkin difficulty til the wizard mode was ready...

To make the target/mode relight more interesting, maybe have the player shoot either orbit to light a hurryup on an upper playfield, counting down (quickly) from the prior mode total score. Make the hurryup and the drops reset. Fail and orbits relight for the same, except hurryup starts half the mode total, and the targets reset whether the hurryup is made or not. This also makes the modes potentially more valuable for skillful players.

#4021 6 months ago

For real though, the Turbo Tunnel music is sick.

#4022 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I feel like I'm doing something wrong lol I've tried two of these digital levels and the app. Still getting a stuck ball at the top all the time and now the ball sometimes hits the left bumper before the flipper when it comes straight down from the start

I worry that device ( or a phone) can't really measure true level (left to right, not the pitch) as it's footprint is very small.

This game is definitely one of those that has to be absolutely level at the back and front or could potentially cause what you are talking about.

Just a guess, but good practice and a place to start anyway.

For leveling, still hard to beat the bubble..(3' version shown....sometimes I use a torpedo w it if I'm being super OCD)

20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
#4023 6 months ago

True level

true level (resized).png
#4024 6 months ago

<blockquote cite="#677

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I worry that device ( or a phone) can't really measure true level (left to right, not the pitch) as it's footprint is very small.
This game is definitely one of those that has to be absolutely level at the back and front or could potentially cause what you are talking about.
Just a guess, but good practice and a place to start anyway.
For leveling, still hard to beat the bubble..(3' version shown....sometimes I use a torpedo w it if I'm being super OCD)
[quoted image]

Do I put the level on the playfield or the top of the glass

#4025 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Always on the playfield itself.

#4026 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

<blockquote cite="#677

The way Spooky does things - the front leg levelers should be all the way down and the rear should be about 10 turns up (about 3/4" exposed thread between the leg leveler and the bottom of the leg). Assuming your floor is level that should be about 6.5 degrees. The little cube type levels are really good for this. The phone app stuff is always way off.

#4027 6 months ago

The way Spooky does things the front leg levelers should be all the way down and the rear should be about 10 turns up (about 3/4" exposed thread between the leg leveler and the bottom of the leg. Assuming your floor is level that should be about 6.5 degrees. The little cube type levels are really good for this. The phone app stuff is always way off.

Kind of standard for all games....does Spooky spec this, or do you work for them ( honestly dont know)...surprised in the phone ap comment...I've seen a couple that work quite well.

Also, are the small cube levels really capturing enough surface area to be consistent?

#4028 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kind of standard for all games....does Spooky spec this, or do you work for them ( honestly dont know)...surprised in the phone ap comment...I've seen a couple that work quite well.
Also, are the small cube levels really capturing enough surface area to be consistent?

I use the PinGuy App and is always has worked great for the last 5 years

#4029 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have a crappy Chinese made one in my service bag for when I go out on calls. It works great and I'm not upset if I loose it. I've lost nicer ones but this one seems to stick around for some reason. The phone apps always seem to give me bad readings so I don't rely on them. Might be because my phone is in a case. A small bubble level is good for side to side level but the cube can do that too so I just use it.

#4030 6 months ago

The way Spooky does things - the front leg levelers should be all the way down and the rear should be about 10 turns up (about 3/4" exposed thread between the leg leveler and the bottom of the leg). Assuming your floor is level that should be about 6.5 degrees. The little cube type levels are really good for this. The phone app stuff is always way off.

So my phone app says my machine is 6.5 but the box level is saying like 7

#4031 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

So my phone app says my machine is 6.5 but the box level is saying like 7

I looked up that cube.....trust the app..

#4032 6 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Ok thanks - I was wondering I kept hitting the orbits and the targets never popped up.

#4033 6 months ago

I have a crappy Chinese made one in my service bag for when I go out on calls. It works great and I'm not upset if I loose it. I've lost nicer ones but this one seems to stick around for some reason. The phone apps always seem to give me bad readings so I don't rely on them. Might be because my phone is in a case. A small bubble level is good for side to side level but the cube can do that too so I just use it.

Definitely get that...we have a "benchmark" level ( and DMM)at the shop to compare the field tech's to...surprising how much garbage is sold out there.

Suspect new owner might have some other issue w his game....just noticed this machine to be pretty picky on the level aspect...

#4034 6 months ago

The decals peeling off at the corners is unacceptable for this quality game at the asking price. Is this being corrected?

#4035 6 months ago
Quoted from blbarchik:

The decals peeling off at the corners is unacceptable for this quality game at the asking price. Is this being corrected?

Of course! We don't want to see a decal issue at any price. If you look at the owners thread you will see several people mention their decals were perfect. Unfortunately decals do rely on human error to an extent so they can be trimmed poorly. However when done well I think the way we do our decals is the best look in the business. Very nice full coverage and wrapped front edges. If there is an issue we make it right!

#4036 6 months ago
Quoted from blbarchik:

Oh calm the f*** down... JFC...

Jeff

#4037 6 months ago

Just really frustrating I've used 2 different digital level box people suggested, I've used the Android app now after like 800 games when the ball comes down the lane at the start of a ball 9 times out of 10 it's hitting the left bumper before hitting the flipper. What am I doing wrong here I've been on my knees all day trying to fix this.

#4038 6 months ago

Sometimes you have to just lean 1 way or the other. It may play better not level.

#4039 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Just really frustrating I've used 2 different digital level box people suggested, I've used the Android app now after like 800 games when the ball comes down the lane at the start of a ball 9 times out of 10 it's hitting the left bumper before hitting the flipper. What am I doing wrong here I've been on my knees all day trying to fix this.

Maybe something with the left orbit worked its way out of alignment now? Not sure how easy it is to adjust it a bit side to side.

#4040 6 months ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I would get your slope where you enjoy the speed of the game. From there I would start launching balls from the plunger...over and over. What is happening? If you can take a video and send it to [email protected]. I'm sure we can come up with a solution.

#4041 6 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would get your slope where you enjoy the speed of the game. From there I would start launching balls from the plunger...over and over. What is happening? If you can take a video and send it to [email protected]. I'm sure we can come up with a solution.

Sometimes it goes right by with plenty of room sometimes it just Taps the end of the bumper
Sometimes hits right in the middle

#4042 6 months ago

I have tinkered with my Halloween more than any other game I have ever had. I have the slope correct, the machine itself is level but the playfield has been a real PITA. I get it level but the ball says otherwise and I think there is some parts of the playfield that are not in tolerance (level) when other parts of the playfield are. I think there is truth in the previous statement where it may play better not perfectly level and you may have to dial it in to where it plays the best wherever that might be.

#4043 6 months ago

The first thing I'd try to check is if the ball is riding the left orbit all the way to the end. You may be able to push in on the ball guide right near where the wire that pulls down the drop ramp. That's a bit counter intuitive, pushing in, but if that's out too far the ball may not be following the correct trajectory. I'd also look for any lose wire or debris in the orbit. If the ball is following that guide all the way down and the orbit feed is clean, then I might just give the end of the guide a slight bend outward. Perhaps just bend the guide slightly past 90. There is a CNC spotted mounting screw right near the end, so I'd be a little hesitant; but, if you've tried everything else, and it's still not working, a little bend outward will for sure make a big difference.

#4044 6 months ago

Deleted.

Jeff

#4045 6 months ago

Just to be fair (cause I ripped on spooky about the decals) every Stern I have bought NIB has similar decal issues... mainly at the coin door and under the lockdown bar.

I'm still waiting (almost a year) to get a replacement decal for Mandolorian LE and they outright refused to replace the razorcrest that came broken out of the box (there was no protective packing around it).

The key difference between Spooky and Gary Stern? Charlie et al are not in the manufacturing business, they are in the pinball business.

#4046 5 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Thanks for the pics. Sorry for your issues. Really surprised it left the factory like that. I have only had Chicago Gaming/JJP/Stern all NIB but have never seen those kind of issues before. Hate to see you (or I) have to spend 1k more for butter.

My Star Trek LE had both head decals peeling off right out of the box. Glued them but the Schmeg caught in the old adhesive ruined them even with new glue. Stern ignored my request for new decals. I eventually used alcohol and goof off to clean them manually and reapplied. Still looked like shit.

2 weeks later
#4047 5 months ago

Not to sound like a idiot but what the process for update ? I have it on the USB what usb slot do I use? Do I turn the machine off first etc was looking for instructions was hard time finding them

#4048 5 months ago

Email them, don’t try it without instructions. You will brick your game.

Quoted from Bobster123:

Not to sound like a idiot but what the process for update ? I have it on the USB what usb slot do I use? Do I turn the machine off first etc was looking for instructions was hard time finding them

#4049 5 months ago

Anybody know what numbers we are on?

#4050 5 months ago
Quoted from Bobster123:

If you've followed the instructions for getting the .pkg file onto your USB drive then all you have to do is plug the USB into the game. We update every single game in the factory using the extender cable inside the coin door, but you can also plug them directly into any of the slots on the computer inside of the backglass. It doesn't matter if your game is on or off when you plug in your USB drive. Obviously if you plug it in when the game is off you just have to turn it back on for the update to start. Otherwise, when the USB is plugged in the game will recognize the USB stick and start the update automatically. When it's updating all the lights on the game will turn red. When it's done updating all the lights on the game will turn green. When the update is finished you need to remove the USB and restart the game by powering off and powering it back on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Charles, IL
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
There are 4,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!