(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 82.
#3901 2 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with extreme air balls off the three drop targets? When I hit them the ball catches air every time. It’s almost as if they are being catapulted back to me.

#3902 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Has anyone had any issues with extreme air balls off the three drop targets? When I hit them the ball catches air every time. It’s almost as if they are being catapulted back to me.

No, check your rubber level on your flippers.

#3903 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

No, check your rubber level on your flippers.

I changed the rubber thinking it would help but it is still happening.
Should I lift them up higher on the flipper? I have them pushed all the way down to the notch in the flipper.

#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I changed the rubber thinking it would help but it is still happening.
Should I lift them up higher on the flipper? I have them pushed all the way down to the notch in the flipper.

Yes, try a little higher.

Just a little

#3905 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yes, try a little higher.
Just a little

It helped just a bit. the ball consistently lands at the bottom left scoop.

#3906 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

It helped just a bit. the ball consistently lands at the bottom left scoop.

Little adjustments, make a big difference.

#3907 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Little adjustments, make a big difference.

Yeah I have been adjusting here and there for a week or so and did what was suggested by Soooky but no change. I will keep at it.

#3908 2 years ago

It looks like the cabinet decal goes into the corner joint on the cabinet?
Looking at the pictures in post #3885 and #3886, is this right?

Namnlös (resized).pngNamnlös (resized).png
1 week later
#3909 2 years ago

#169 arrived in Scottsdale, AZ. Unboxing tomorrow. I'm not one for lengthy reviews, but I will give you my first impressions. I will tell you that it seems to be packaged REALLY well. There is even a moving blanket around it. This is my first NIB from Spooky, so I'm not sure if this is normal, but I appreciate it!

#3910 2 years ago

Well, #169 CE unboxed and set up. There were actually TWO brand-new moving blankets along with other great wrapping. I wonder if the moving blankets were just for the 'butter cabinet' or if they do that for all of their games.

It is definitely cool looking, and I just played two games. My drop targets are not resetting properly, and a couple of them are also not going down all the way, so it disrupts one of the ramp shots. I know this is something that should be easy to fix tomorrow...likely an easy adjustment. I also have not yet balanced the game, so even this two-game mini-review isn't worth much.

The code definitely needs more polish. The atmosphere with the music is excellent. That is one of the reasons I wanted this...something with a bit of a more serious horror feel. They succeeded, however, when the voice actor (not great) comes in, all the sounds drop out for a bit, and it is jarring. When I got to a movie clip ("Hedge Multiba"...haha), the end audio of the clip was 'clipped'. It just feels like it needs more polish, which I'm sure will be forthcoming. The FLOW feels nice, and I had fun shooting the Hedge locks. I only made it to the second level, but I am looking forward to working on it. If they can really make this feel properly finished, and assuming I can make these drop targets work correctly, I think we have a keeper. It is certainly original in a lineup. My son's fiancée (around 29 years-old) is a horror fan, and she is VERY excited to see and play it. Overall...looks like another unique and fun title, and the quality is there. It is nice to order a game and have it actually show up and in such great condition with zero playfield or other issues (that I can see at this point, at least). Thanks, Spooky!

Halloween packaged (resized).jpgHalloween packaged (resized).jpgHalloween 1 (resized).jpgHalloween 1 (resized).jpgHalloween3 (resized).jpgHalloween3 (resized).jpgHalloween 2 (resized).jpgHalloween 2 (resized).jpg

#3911 2 years ago

Nice Pictures…
Looks like „chrom“ optik

#3912 2 years ago

One more thing I should have mentioned: The flippers feel GREAT on this game. I wish I had flippers this solid on my Rick & Morty.

#3913 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

One more thing I should have mentioned: The flippers feel GREAT on this game. I wish I had flippers this solid on my Rick & Morty.

After I changed the bushings on my flippers for R&M they are perfect…made a big difference.

#3914 2 years ago

The flippers are great. I'm generally a Stern guy and even B/W flippers feel off to me...much less something like JJP. Thankfully these feel perfect! Honestly, everything just feels great in general on this game. Literally my only real complaint is that I didn't spring for the butter. The cab is gorgeous with standard decals, but I can't help but wish I would have upgraded.

Also worth noting, I have heard a lot of people mention that Spooky games cannot stage flip. Not sure if R&M could yet, but you definitely can on Halloween (and I'm assuming UM)!

#3915 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

After I changed the bushings on my flippers for R&M they are perfect…made a big difference.

I noticed how great Halloween felt as well. So much more solid than my R+M. Fast forward, I just got another R+M after missing mine, installed the bushings and man, that game feels so much better. I still think Halloween takes it but it's a MAJOR diff from stock. Shame that needs to be done by the consumer but hey, that's pinball.

#3916 2 years ago

I appreciate the comments and tips.

#3917 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have heard a lot of people mention that Spooky games cannot stage flip. Not sure if R&M could yet, but you definitely can on Halloween (and I'm assuming UM)!

Stage flipping is fine on Rick and Morty, except in two specific dimensions

#3918 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Stage flipping is fine on Rick and Morty, except in two specific dimensions

Ugh I hate the chimp flip and reverse flip dimensions.

#3919 2 years ago

Chimp flip cost me a 100M game... had 90-something, wound up in this dimension and drained when I needed to make a left-right slapsave and they chimped instead. Tied with the swamp as the most difficult dimension to play through.

#3920 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:Chimp flip cost me a 100M game... had 90-something, wound up in this dimension and drained when I needed to make a left-right slapsave and they chimped instead. Tied with the swamp as the most difficult dimension to play through.

I hate the Swamp. I imagine that it is exactly what people with night blindness experience when trying to drive after sundown.

#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Chimp flip cost me a 100M game... had 90-something, wound up in this dimension and drained when I needed to make a left-right slapsave and they chimped instead. Tied with the swamp as the most difficult dimension to play through.

Fleep! Fleep! Fleep!

Also, those crazy dimensions will only show up if you're deeeeep into the game. Congratulations!

#3922 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Fleep! Fleep! Fleep!

haha... that's where that came from, priceless!!!

#3923 2 years ago

Here is a nice cover up decal set for the metal bridge that connects the upper playfield staircase to the left dump ramp. The floor decal is solid non transparent decal but the roof/shingles and shrubs/grass decals are printed on clear transparent vinyl so you can still see the ball. I think they add character to a few areas on the playfield that were kind of plain.

EB5935CF-5FC0-4F4E-AFFF-8F22AF80E605 (resized).jpegEB5935CF-5FC0-4F4E-AFFF-8F22AF80E605 (resized).jpeg50457489-1C75-4419-B7CB-80D8FDE6C4DC (resized).jpeg50457489-1C75-4419-B7CB-80D8FDE6C4DC (resized).jpegBE5F0158-D64E-49B3-90F7-3EA7C0D9358D (resized).jpegBE5F0158-D64E-49B3-90F7-3EA7C0D9358D (resized).jpeg8E1B6015-F1C5-454D-AD4B-AD50730C34A0 (resized).jpeg8E1B6015-F1C5-454D-AD4B-AD50730C34A0 (resized).jpeg8B930260-ED16-4D8F-9A6C-26B27197A613 (resized).jpeg8B930260-ED16-4D8F-9A6C-26B27197A613 (resized).jpeg

#3924 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Here is a nice cover up decal set for the metal bridge that connects the upper playfield staircase to the left dump ramp. The floor decal is solid non transparent decal but the roof/shingles and shrubs/grass decals are printed on clear transparent vinyl so you can still see the ball. I think they add character to a few areas on the playfield that were kind of plain.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you selling these? Looks pretty good.

#3925 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great! good stuff!

#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are you selling these? Looks pretty good.

Yes they are listed on the market portion of pinside , just search Halloween

#3927 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

You thinking of doing an Ultraman set too? Nudge nudge.

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Looks great. Price is a bit steep for me unfortunately.

#3929 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

#169 arrived in Scottsdale, AZ. Unboxing tomorrow. I'm not one for lengthy reviews, but I will give you my first impressions. I will tell you that it seems to be packaged REALLY well. There is even a moving blanket around it. This is my first NIB from Spooky, so I'm not sure if this is normal, but I appreciate it!

Hmm the packing job looks to be very much ymmv. My initial game arrived with very minimal packing just a thin layer of foam and a couple layers of shrink. There was significant wood damage, pretty sure it was dropped from a forklift.

Spooky was really awesome in taking care of me, and I got a replacement game eventually and just got it setup today. The packing was still very minimalist though. Even less then a stern, with no thicker foam corner protectors in box. Just the very thin foam layer and shrink.

It's weird I had watched an unboxing video that also has an awesome packaging job like yours with moving blankets. I wonder what accounts for the discrepancy.

#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

It's weird I had watched an unboxing video that also has an awesome packaging job like yours with moving blankets. I wonder what accounts for the discrepancy.

Butter/no butter.

rd

#3931 2 years ago

Full Color Decal Set for Knife- I think it adds a little Something Something. Even ties in the topper.

89296962-1283-4F4B-A2FC-11C0C73DCEE7_1_201_a (resized).jpeg89296962-1283-4F4B-A2FC-11C0C73DCEE7_1_201_a (resized).jpegIMG_9765 (resized).JPGIMG_9765 (resized).JPG

#3932 2 years ago

Can someone please measure the height of the topper?

#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:Full Color Decal Set for Knife- I think it adds a little Something Something. Even ties in the topper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s cool. Link?

#3934 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Full Color Decal Set for Knife- I think it adds a little Something Something. Even ties in the topper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would consider a blood decal on that same knife. My wife played this at Pintastic and her one negative comment was that the knife looks fake. I have to replace this with a real knife. That was part of the deal to order the game.

#3935 2 years ago

#3936 2 years ago

I noticed in the pic of game #169 the Hedge MultiBA is still not fixed, did they fix / address this in the #200’s yet ?! Any one have a fixed playfield insert ?! My number is coming up soon just curious. If it’s not fixed on my game when received it is what it is.

And for those that don’t know WTF I’m talking about see pic attached.

162337FC-C675-4760-8438-54889E48304C (resized).jpeg162337FC-C675-4760-8438-54889E48304C (resized).jpeg
#3937 2 years ago

Just the topper or the total height.

Total height you need a minimum of 90”

Quoted from Svente69:

Can someone please measure the height of the topper?

#3938 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Just the topper or the total height.
Total height you need a minimum of 90”

Thx. 228 cm…. I need a new place….

#3939 2 years ago

just cut a hole in the ceiling, that’s what I did.

Quoted from Svente69:

Thx. 228 cm…. I need a new place….

DCFA53C4-EE23-404F-9C8F-9CA3718D00E1 (resized).jpegDCFA53C4-EE23-404F-9C8F-9CA3718D00E1 (resized).jpeg
#3940 2 years ago

Whatever you have to do to make it fit....

29906170001_3963512893001_video-still-for-video-3963419346001 (resized).jpg29906170001_3963512893001_video-still-for-video-3963419346001 (resized).jpg
#3941 2 years ago

Its the little things that make a big difference.

IMG_E9844 (resized).JPGIMG_E9844 (resized).JPG
#3942 2 years ago

I should have my game tomorrow. (CE #219, no butter), but I need to push this expense to later in the year.

I'd sell it outright for what I have in it, or someone could get this game now, and I'll take your spot later down the line.

#3943 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I should have my game tomorrow. (CE #219, no butter), but I need to push this expense to later in the year.
I'd sell it outright for what I have in it, or someone could get this game now, and I'll take your spot later down the line.

PM sent.

#3944 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Butter/no butter.
rd

Mine was butter and wrapped like they were transporting the United States Constitution so Dave is spot on here. It was impressive - although even more so unwrapped!

#3945 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

just cut a hole in the ceiling, that’s what I did.
[quoted image]

Why didn't you cut a hole for the TFTC topper?

#3946 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why didn't you cut a hole for the TFTC topper?

Maybe because the TFTC topper is meh.?

#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Mine had the green inserts in the head and I put a green lcd strip inside and it lights up green and ties into the back box lighting and works really cool on mine..

#3948 2 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

But it still completes the game and the room.

#3949 2 years ago

I have a tftc topper that my wife made just haven’t put it in yet. I have the green inserts as well.

#3950 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

They are definitely stronger than Godzilla when I played one. Launched a few air balls from the flippers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.