(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 82.
#3851 2 years ago

I streamed the update today for close to 3 hours. They ironed out a lot of the bugs. There's some stuff here and there. I sent a detail report of the issues to bug. You'll hear me call them out on the vod too if yall want to watch it. It'll be up for 2 weeks. I made a recording as well. If there's interest I'm sure I could post it on Youtube or something.

Here's the link https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1225281504

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I streamed the update today for close to 3 hours. They ironed out a lot of the bugs. There's some stuff here and there. I sent a detail report of the issues to bug. You'll hear me call them out on the vod too if yall want to watch it. It'll be up for 2 weeks. I made a recording as well. If there's interest I'm sure I could post it on Youtube or something.

Thanks. Nice work.

#3853 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice. Can't wait to get it here

#3854 2 years ago

What number?

Quoted from vilant:

Just paid my invoice. Can't wait to get it here
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a07b528a78de1a35f69415ae274f619c36550142-1639019330-1800"};
//]]>

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Thanks. Nice work.

Thank you!

#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Overall how do you find the game? That upper playfield looks super frustrating is it in person when playing? Really interested in Halloween but it’s almost impossible to try a spooky game before buying here in the U.K.

#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Overall how do you find the game? That upper playfield looks super frustrating is it in person when playing? Really interested in Halloween but it’s almost impossible to try a spooky game before buying here in the U.K.

It definitely needs some tuning but I'm really enjoying what's there. It doesn't feel like anything I've really played before. I had to make some changes to the house playfield and I still need to lower the flipper a bit more. Once these things get dialed in you'll enjoy it a lot more. I still might find a way to slow the ball down on entry to that field. If it's coming in at a good speed it'll hit that rubber for the pretzel shot and instantly drain down to the sanitarium playfield. You won't even get a chance to hit it.

Overall, I really do enjoy the game. The modes are fun and fit the theme so well. I will honestly probably have this bolted down to the floor.

#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

What number?

#3861 2 years ago

Halloween CE #169 invoice received.

#3862 2 years ago

Tracking spreadsheet should be current. Let me know if anyone's info is not there
https://tinyurl.com/HWNtracking

#3863 2 years ago

ETA tracking date delivery Dec 23 for #143

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

ETA tracking date delivery Dec 23 for #143

You got in before the lock!

#3865 2 years ago

Are they locking down the border again?
I'm not sure if it has left the States yet, it was tracked in Montgomery, NY state at 7:AM today, so it may have hit Canada? Unsure until tracking updates.

#3866 2 years ago

I heard they fixed the hedge multi ball insert, does anyone know what number they will start the new playfield fix on?

#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Tracking spreadsheet should be current. Let me know if anyone's info is not there

I’m 955. Purchasing through Pinballstar

#3868 2 years ago

Here's a vod of a stream I did tonight

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1237301990

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

#163 was delivered on 12/17. We haven’t set it up yet. It does have the knife shooter.

#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’m 955. Purchasing through Pinballstar

He was spooky's first distributor. Bought my NIB Rob Zombie from him, and Alice Cooper, and Halloween. Gotta say I was surprised his allocation was in the 900s.

#3871 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

He was spooky's first distributor. Bought my NIB Rob Zombie from him, and Alice Cooper, and Halloween. Gotta say I was surprised his allocation was in the 900s.

Distributor allotments were interleaved. Pinballstar got earlier games, the 955 game is in a later batch. Check that owner google spreadsheet to see the groupings.

#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I have preorder #583

#3873 2 years ago

#125 due in CA on 12/23!

#3874 2 years ago

Awesome thanks for this! It's been so great watching the code/gameplay come along.

#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Distributor allotments were interleaved. Pinballstar got earlier games, the 955 game is in a later batch. Check that owner google spreadsheet to see the groupings.

Interesting. The email I got showed 30+ pins in the 900s. Figured that was it.

#3876 2 years ago

So there's about 200 of the machines out in the wild... so far so good? I guess I'd expect more folks posting on here about the game, but I suppose not everyone's on pinside.

#3877 2 years ago

Wasn’t Spooky supposed to be building an average of 100 a month? 18 months x 100 games = 1,800 total games. . Spooky started delivering games around August, so 4.5 months elapsed and maybe 200 games shipped. They are probably getting into low gear about now and should be cranking games out at a hot and heavy pace through 2022.

#3878 2 years ago

By the end of this week 300 games shipped between both titles. The only thing throttling production at this point are the pinotaur boards. We have a great crew now easily capable of over 30 a week. We have an order of 1300 pinotaur boards we are waiting on. Once we get those we can really stretch our legs. Electronics parts seem to be a total mess right now but it sounds like the chips we needed for the pinotaur boards have been secured by the manufacturer for the rest of the whole run now so it's just a matter of how fast they get the rest built. We have 200 more pinotaurs in stock now which will bring us to a total of 500 games. Super annoying but we have a solid plan in place and I believe we will still make the build window of 18 months we promised.

#3879 2 years ago

I will also note I did hold back production to very very slow for the first 2 months. We really wanted to mitigate as many early issues as possible on this run and make sure employees were trained very well. This definitely upset some people with our manufacturing speed out of the gate but it did lead to our best quality out of the box ever. We are shipping the best quality games we have shipped overall this run. It's all give and take.

#3880 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I will also note I did hold back production to very very slow for the first 2 months. We really wanted to mitigate as many early issues as possible on this run and make sure employees were trained very well. This definitely upset some people with our manufacturing speed out of the gate but it did lead to our best quality out of the box ever. We are shipping the best quality games we have shipped overall this run. It's all give and take.

I completely understand the impatience when it comes to getting games - because the wait can be pretty excruciating. However, I'd much rather this happens, and the builds get throttled back in favor of better quality even if it means an extra couple of months added to the wait time.

#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Interesting. The email I got showed 30+ pins in the 900s. Figured that was it.

Naw, looks like Star actually got the first non-Spooky batch starting at #100. Spooky cycles through their distributors multiple times throughout the run.

#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

By the end of this week 300 games shipped between both titles. The only thing throttling production at this point are the pinotaur boards. We have a great crew now easily capable of over 30 a week. We have an order of 1300 pinotaur boards we are waiting on. Once we get those we can really stretch our legs. Electronics parts seem to be a total mess right now but it sounds like the chips we needed for the pinotaur boards have been secured by the manufacturer for the rest of the whole run now so it's just a matter of how fast they get the rest built. We have 200 more pinotaurs in stock now which will bring us to a total of 500 games. Super annoying but we have a solid plan in place and I believe we will still make the build window of 18 months we promised.

When will the first devices with the CE mark for Europe be released?

#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

When will the first devices with the CE mark for Europe be released?

One has already arrived in England.

#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

One has already arrived in England.

I ask about Europe…..
I think the problem is the CE Marker.

#3885 2 years ago

Any one else having issues with their lock bar on their halloween? I recd #177 on 12/23 and I having multiple issues with my Lockdown bar.

First, I can't get the lockdown bar to clear the Glass on the left side. It hits the glass. It appears my glass is cut unevenly-see photos. But even when I take the glass out of the machine the lockdown doesn't fit correctly.

Second issue, the lockdown bar is extremely tight but not on the sides like they normally do. The bar will not pull up and out. It rubs on the left side by where the latch grabs it(see photos) and it prevents the lockdown bar from lifting up and out. I tried adjusting the plate that receive the lock bar but there is not wiggle room there.

Third issue, is the latch on the Right Side hits the bottom of the playfield. Will not allow me to wiggle it at all. -see photos.

Extremely frustrated. I have 16 pins and never once have issues with a lock bar let alone all of these issues at once.

IMG_9435 (resized).JPGIMG_9435 (resized).JPGIMG_9436 (resized).JPGIMG_9436 (resized).JPGIMG_9399 (resized).JPGIMG_9399 (resized).JPGIMG_9441 (resized).JPGIMG_9441 (resized).JPGIMG_9414 (resized).JPGIMG_9414 (resized).JPGIMG_9444 (resized).JPGIMG_9444 (resized).JPGIMG_9445 (resized).JPGIMG_9445 (resized).JPG

#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Any one else having issues with their lock bar on their halloween? I recd #177 on 12/23 and I having multiple issues with my Lockdown bar.
First, I can't get the lockdown bar to clear the Glass on the left side. It hits the glass. It appears my glass is cut unevenly-see photos. But even when I take the glass out of the machine the lockdown doesn't fit correctly.
Second issue, the lockdown bar is extremely tight but not on the sides like they normally do. The bar will not pull up and out. It rubs on the left side by where the latch grabs it(see photos) and it prevents the lockdown bar from lifting up and out. I tried adjusting the plate that receive the lock bar but there is not wiggle room there.
Third issue, is the latch on the Right Side hits the bottom of the playfield. Will not allow me to wiggle it at all. -see photos.
Extremely frustrated. I have 16 pins and never once have issues with a lock bar let alone all of these issues at once.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On the last pics you need to make sure the latches are up before fully dropping playfield or I usually just push up on the playfield and push latches past the playfield and let playfield drop down an inch again.

16404527508792711071911219684353 (resized).jpg16404527508792711071911219684353 (resized).jpg1640452781484592102335373791710 (resized).jpg1640452781484592102335373791710 (resized).jpg
#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

On the last pics you need to make sure the latches are up before fully dropping playfield or I usually just push up on the playfield and push latches past the playfield and let playfield drop down an inch again.

That doesn’t work. The only go to a 90 degree angle.

#3888 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

I ask about Europe…..
I think the problem is the CE Marker.

We are in Europe, just not a member of the EU

#3889 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

That doesn’t work. The only go to a 90 degree angle.

Lift the playfield with your right hand by about 1/2”, then hold the latch up with your left hand through the coin door while you lower the playfield. For the glass…make sure your cab is level side to side. If you really think it’s your glass, remove the glass and put a square on the corners to see.

#3890 2 years ago

You can tweak the left tab of your lockdown bar at the base of it, towards the playfield, that will allow the bar to move away from the playfield just slightly and clear the glass. Had this issue on my RM so much that the glass got chipped. Bending it towards the playfield helped.

#3891 2 years ago

I noticed if it's not perfectly level, you can't get the lockbar to slide behind the glass. Put your level across the machine, right above the lockbar. If it's even a hair off, you can't get the lockbar down, at least I couldn't.

#3892 2 years ago

Whoever ‘bug’ is that inspects does not do a very good job. I had a few problems getting my lock bar out to as well as the GA wasn’t even working when they shipped it to me.

#3893 2 years ago

The glass should clear the lockbar easily. Anyone having a issue needs to make sure the playfield glass is fully inserted into the top trim. Mine doesn't without a little help. I literally have to get a finger nail under the top lip of the trim as I am sliding in the glass.

#3894 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The glass should clear the lockbar easily. Anyone having a issue needs to make sure the playfield glass is fully inserted into the top trim. Mine doesn't without a little help. I literally have to get a finger nail under the top lip of the trim as I am sliding in the glass.

Don’t use a fingernail. Gently push down on the very center of the glass. It will slide right under

#3895 2 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Whoever ‘bug’ is that inspects does not do a very good job. I had a few problems getting my lock bar out to as well as the GA wasn’t even working when they shipped it to me.

I'll bite - what is GA?

#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Don’t use a fingernail. Gently push down on the very center of the glass. It will slide right under

Not on my game. At least not yet. It will get there eventually. It takes awhile for the trim to sync up with the shape of the glass.

#3897 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I'll bite - what is GA

Sorry GI lighting

#3898 2 years ago

GI?

#3899 2 years ago

Georgia Lighting .It’s new

#3900 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Georgia Lighting .It’s new

Yeah. It’s a thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/78?hl=jakedistel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.