(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 82.
#3801 2 years ago

Butter cab , #83, arrived yesterday

IMG_20211109_150112674 (resized).jpgIMG_20211109_150112674 (resized).jpgIMG_20211109_150123648 (resized).jpgIMG_20211109_150123648 (resized).jpg
#3802 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Wow... That looks amazing even in the pictures...

Jeff

#3803 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That should be marked NSFW

#3804 2 years ago

So wonder what number has last been shipped? Is spooky in the 100’s now yet?

#3805 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

#101 was on the line on Nov 4 according to this pic on their FB page.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3806 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

#101 was on the line on Nov 4 according to this pic on their FB page.
[quoted image]

Ok, thanks for posting! Is this pretty much the schedule R&M had? This is my first spooky pin.

#3807 2 years ago

https://tinyurl.com/Halloween-tracking

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Looks fantastic, congrats. How many of your 40 pins are setup at Cafe One?

#3810 2 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

SO glad I ordered butter. Wow that looks nice.

You should post those on the owners thread.

#3811 2 years ago

Evil has come to the 'Pinball Shed'!
#18 finally arrived and set-up, upper (top) right flipper did not work a quick call to Spooky to see where it connects into then metered the wire all OK, put connector back on and its working.

Topper works in test but does not move during attract or game play is this normal?

Loving it, its quite addictive as you wanna get that bit more into the game, code is (as we know) early but still loads of fun to play, looking forward to it evolving.

Thanks to Phil over at Pinball Heaven.

20211116_202512 (resized).jpg20211116_202512 (resized).jpg
20211116_202521 (resized).jpg20211116_202521 (resized).jpg
20211116_202529 (resized).jpg20211116_202529 (resized).jpg
20211116_202554 (resized).jpg20211116_202554 (resized).jpg
20211116_202606 (resized).jpg20211116_202606 (resized).jpg

#3812 2 years ago

Congratulations the first one in the UK and also getting on the VIP list
Long wait for mine about 750 ish.
Maybe a code update will get the topper working properly, also they did something to get the H and N lit up on the topper and there is a ramp upgrade with no screws sticking out you need to get I’m guessing.

Have fun!

#3813 2 years ago

during the attract mode, if you hit the flipper button you should hear some music, a callout, as well as the knife should rotate a little bit.

#3814 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

SO glad I ordered butter. Wow that looks nice.
You should post those on the owners thread.

Technically that thread is supposed to be for people who have the pin. Too late for butter, but my decision is sealed. Butter it is!

#3815 2 years ago

Has anyone in Canada received their Halloween yet? Waiting for #136!

#3816 2 years ago

Has anyone run across a short happening in your game? My game keeps rebooting. AJ and I are both scratching our heads as to what’s going on. He’s going to send some replacement parts as they come in. Thought I’d just check in to see if anyone else has been having a reboot issue.

#3817 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Has anyone run across a short happening in your game? My game keeps rebooting. AJ and I are both scratching our heads as to what’s going on. He’s going to send some replacement parts as they come in. Thought I’d just check in to see if anyone else has been having a reboot issue.

Happened to me once, but directly from boot. Just cycled a second time. Never when playing, and only the one time. I think I finally have my game pretty much tweaked to where it needs to be. Just need to confirm with any new code that some of the drop target issues (minor) are physical or software oriented.

#3818 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Happened to me once, but directly from boot. Just cycled a second time. Never when playing, and only the one time. I think I finally have my game pretty much tweaked to where it needs to be. Just need to confirm with any new code that some of the drop target issues (minor) are physical or software oriented.

I can’t finish a game about 95% of the time

#3819 2 years ago

That sucks. I hope you get it figured out quickly. I am certain Spooky will get it fixed for you.

#3820 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Did you measure 5 and 12volts on the power supply?

#3821 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you measure 5 and 12volts on the power supply?

Yeah, things are looking good there.

#3822 2 years ago

Is this running a PC connected to the Pinotaur board? If so, try re-seating the RAM on the PC. If you have compatible RAM, swap in yours and test. Memtest the RAM if possible. Re-seat any SATA connectors. Clone the SSD to a new drive and swap that in and test.

Seems that around 1% of PC hardware tends to crap out early... could be a component in there lasted long enough to pass Spooky tests but is failing now.

#3823 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is this running a PC connected to the Pinotaur board?

It does use a PC, but it's a single-board PC; no removable RAM.

#3824 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Has anyone in Canada received their Halloween yet? Waiting for #136!

I'm #137, I've payed but waiting for my shipping in from Nitro when it leaves Spooky....

#3825 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Happened to me once mid game, I figured bug in code...

#3826 2 years ago

I hit up the Electric Bat arcade in Mesa to check on code progress. Can't wait for 920!! This pin is made for a home environment.

#3827 2 years ago

My machine is still unplayable I replaced the computer today. It’s still crashing. Today it looks the box in the back left went out completely. The led isn’t coming on anymore. When I boot the machine now it looks like the power supply, the board on the right (power distribution board), and the amp are powering on. I attached a picture of the box that doesn’t seem to be receiving power anymore.

spookypower (resized).jpgspookypower (resized).jpg
#3828 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

My machine is still unplayable I replaced the computer today. It’s still crashing. Today it looks the box in the back left went out completely. The led isn’t coming on anymore. When I boot the machine now it looks like the power supply, the board on the right (power distribution board), and the amp are powering on. I attached a picture of the box that doesn’t seem to be receiving power anymore.
[quoted image]

Have you contacted Spooky Support?

#3829 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Have you contacted Spooky Support?

Yeah, I've been in contact with them since I received the game. We've been chipping away as to why it won't work.

#3830 2 years ago

Bit quiet in here. HEAVY HALLOWEEN theme at 3:47. Like massive heavy.

#3831 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Bit quiet in here. HEAVY HALLOWEEN theme at 3:47. Like massive heavy.

I LOVED this, this was one of many hilarious things Jordan is doing on 2 Minutes to Late Night. Their pandemic covers are often quite good, and the return to the “talk” show format is kind of hit or miss via Zoom but it’s still good to see things moving along

#3832 2 years ago

It’s really the best shit

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I LOVED this, this was one of many hilarious things Jordan is doing on 2 Minutes to Late Night. Their pandemic covers are often quite good, and the return to the “talk” show format is kind of hit or miss via Zoom but it’s still good to see things moving along

#3833 2 years ago

Has anyone seen the butter and decal in person next to each other .I was hoping they would’ve been at expo to help me decide .It’s hard to tell from pictures .

#3834 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone seen the butter and decal in person next to each other .I was hoping they would’ve been at expo to help me decide .It’s hard to tell from pictures .

I've seen them both. The decals look fantastic. The butter looks even better. I did not go with butter.

#3835 2 years ago

Any new word on when the next code update is coming? I've been playing the one at Vaporosity and it's a refreshingly different and beautiful game.

#3836 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I've only seen side by side pics, but the butter did stand out from non-butter. Their was a clear difference. I'm going butter.

#3837 2 years ago

I've seen them both side by side. Decals are high gloss looking and sticky to run your hand over. Butter was matte like finish with more depth of color and was butter-like smooth to run your hand over.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

#3838 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I've seen them both side by side. Decals are high gloss looking and sticky to run your hand over. Butter was matte like finish with more depth of color and was butter-like smooth to run your hand over.

I wouldn't call the regular decals "sticky". They are smooth and glossy, very similar to modern Stern decals. The overall fit and application is MUCH nicer than Stern though. Very clean seams, edges, etc.

Butter seems to be more like the finish of a nice playfield to me (which makes sense being direct ink and clearcoated). It's beautiful, but I wasn't able to justify the price increase. That said, there is and always will be a tiny part of me wishing I would have sprung for it!

Seriously though, the decals are very nice on their own. No complaints.

#3839 2 years ago

Curious what’s going on with this game lately, the thread seems to have slowed down, and I’m flabbergasted at the Ultraman CE which is just sitting. I know this was a big reach for Spooky and I am here for it, looking forward to a future date when the code matures

#3840 2 years ago

Spooky was waiting on a shipment of pinataurs and has 50 games ready to be shipped when they arrive. They’ve hired a second programmer and both HWN and UM are about to get another code update very shortly.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Curious what’s going on with this game lately, the thread seems to have slowed down, and I’m flabbergasted at the Ultraman CE which is just sitting. I know this was a big reach for Spooky and I am here for it, looking forward to a future date when the code matures

#3841 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Spooky was waiting on a shipment of pinataurs and has 50 games ready to be shipped when they arrive. They’ve hired a second programmer and both HWN and UM are about to get another code update very shortly.

Wow, well glad they did this relatively early on, it’s very expensive and confusing to add somebody to a project like this, but way easier the earlier it’s done. Hm, now I need to look at what a Pinataur is..

#3842 2 years ago

It’s Ben Hecks new board that HWN UM run on.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, well glad they did this relatively early on, it’s very expensive and confusing to add somebody to a project like this, but way easier the earlier it’s done. Hm, now I need to look at what a Pinataur is..

#3843 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s Ben Hecks new board that HWN UM run on.

Aaah thanks

#3844 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

[quoted image]

Do you have a multimeter? The two leads on the left are hot and neutral and should be around 120v. If there's no line power in, that's why the 5v/12v power supply isn't working. With that one out, basically all your accessories that run on 5v/12v are out in the game.

I don't know how they're breaking out the line power to the large power supply and the small one, but I'd definitely check the wiring back to the plug.

#3845 2 years ago

Animator posted about a new batch of clips being included in this code update but it sounded like this HWN code was basically a bug fix and that the next one would have new animations and clips. Anyone have any insights here? Maybe his new animations need to be cleared by the licensor before being included in an update?

573FA6DA-BEFB-4625-B6D3-96C7E3E45F66 (resized).png573FA6DA-BEFB-4625-B6D3-96C7E3E45F66 (resized).png
#3846 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Animator posted about a new batch of clips being included in this code update but it sounded like this HWN code was basically a bug fix and that the next one would have new animations and clips. Anyone have any insights here? Maybe his new animations need to be cleared by the licensor before being included in an update?
[quoted image]

That could be read that he is delivering the new animations tomorrow for a future code update. Not necessarily delivering them for tomorrow's code update. I would temper expectations and stick with what Luke and Bug said, that this week's planned update is for bugs only and more content would come later. If we end up with more than just bug fixes right now, bonus!

#3847 2 years ago

Right on, that’s what I figured. I’d expect some people to misunderstand his post and get bummed though. Will be looking forward to seeing what’s he’s accomplished since last update.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

That could be read that he is delivering the new animations tomorrow for a future code update. Not necessarily delivering them for tomorrow's code update. I would temper expectations and stick with what Luke and Bug said, that this week's planned update is for bugs only and more content would come later. If we end up with more than just bug fixes right now, bonus!

#3848 2 years ago

I'm aiming to do a stream around 4 pm central today. Will be at twitch.tv/fsumassey

#3849 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wouldn't call the regular decals "sticky". They are smooth and glossy, very similar to modern Stern decals. The overall fit and application is MUCH nicer than Stern though. Very clean seams, edges, etc.
Butter seems to be more like the finish of a nice playfield to me (which makes sense being direct ink and clearcoated). It's beautiful, but I wasn't able to justify the price increase. That said, there is and always will be a tiny part of me wishing I would have sprung for it!
Seriously though, the decals are very nice on their own. No complaints.

Put it on your tombstone one day. He loved the butter but spent his life playing with decals.

#3850 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:Put it on your tombstone one day. He loved the butter but spent his life playing with decals.

and the Aliens that found that just rejected reincarnating his poor tired bones for one last day of pinball. . .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/77?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.