(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 82.
#3651 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Michael's death tableaux are pretty well established in the older movies. Taking the tombstone head and placing it in the bed, etc...
Also, teleporting has been around for the stalking slasher icons for a bit too...
I thought Halloween Kills was great fun, but I don't let the newer movies lessen my enjoyment of the originals, so even the bad ones don't bother me much.

Maybe it was the horrid acting from "grandmother," mom, and granddaughter setting expectations for the entire movie so low (not to mention overplayed virtue signaling masquerading as thoughtful social commentary)... but that ending, no matter how ridiculous and out of character for Michael, was satisfying.

If they left the franchise at this, I know I would be happy (and so would many others) - but then they wouldn't be able to make another 50 million on opening weekend in the USA for "Halloween Ends."

Who knows, maybe the mantra at the end of the next film is "evil wins tonight" - I can't be the only one that wants MM to "win" and live on in mythology.

#3652 2 years ago

“Virtue signaling” where the heck did you get that?

Also it’s been 43 years, pretty sure MM is going to live on in pretty much every way.

Quoted from P1nhead:

Maybe it was the horrid acting from "grandmother," mom, and granddaughter setting expectations for the entire movie so low (not to mention overplayed virtue signaling masquerading as thoughtful social commentary)... but that ending, no matter how ridiculous and out of character for Michael, was satisfying.
If they left the franchise at this, I know I would be happy (and so would many others) - but then they wouldn't be able to make another 50 million on opening weekend in the USA for "Halloween Ends."
Who knows, maybe the mantra at the end of the next film is "evil wins tonight" - I can't be the only one that wants MM to "win" and live on in mythology.

#3653 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.
Do yourself a favour and don’t watch/listen to other people’s opinions. Your life will be enhanced, I promise you.
I haven’t watched that one (and likely won’t ..) so I don’t know who they are or what they said.
But I’ll tell you that a lot of the people who do pinball podcasts and vids know very little about pinball. When I do listen, the incorrect statements and wrong facts I hear are quite amazing.
Then people who hear this info think it’s correct, and then they start repeating them as well. And a new reality is created. Crazy stuff.
So do yourself a solid … either turn them off or listen with a large grain of salt.
rd

but starting a podcast is the new cool thing to do...................... nothing like a guy in the hobby 1-4 yrs giving out his expert opinion.

#3654 2 years ago

I just read that HK pulled in $50 million at the BOX office, not including the $30 million Peacock paid for it. Holy hell. That movie cost $20 million to make. No wonder they keep making sequels.

#3655 2 years ago

Horror movies can be one of the best ROI in the movie industry if they hit. Newline Cinema was built on the back of Nightmare on Elm Street Movies. Blumhouse Production has quickly become of the most profitable companies in the industry with their spray and pray approach of giving unknowns small budgets and some of them occasionally blowing up, like Paranormal Activity or The Purge. The Halloween movies are relatively large budget for what they normally do.

#3656 2 years ago

I watched Halloween Kills last night.

Let's just say I'm glad I streamed it and didn't go to the theaters to watch it.

#3657 2 years ago

Part 1-3 are the only ones to watch. The rest is just a confusing mess of cash grab. 3 is a go to for me.. I have the 3 trick or treaters silhoutte tattoo'd on my arm for my 3 kids(my 3 trick or treaters) Carpenter was great. They live is another gem.

Like the last one, i will be avoiding halloween kills. Let Michael rest already

#3658 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Weird I haven't gotten my #79 invoice yet. Hopefully that means I will soon. Were you getting butter cab? I was getting standard.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

No butter. I’m sure your invoice is on the way, but may be worth a call tomorrow if you haven’t heard anything.

Glad you mentioned. I pinged Spooky today about my invoice and they said I should have gotten it on the 14th also. Weird they said that it showed I had opened it even when I definitely didn't receive. I've been checking my mail many times a day including spam. If I hadn't known you got yours I probably would have waited another week before pinging them, so thank you!

#3659 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You mean, like in the first one?

Quoted from icyjones:

Michael's death tableaux are pretty well established in the older movies. Taking the tombstone head and placing it in the bed, etc...
Also, teleporting has been around for the stalking slasher icons for a bit too...
I thought Halloween Kills was great fun, but I don't let the newer movies lessen my enjoyment of the originals, so even the bad ones don't bother me much.

Doesn't change the fact that both things are bafflingly stupid things to carry forward. That's like bringing the sack back instead of the hockey mask for Friday The 13th. Just because one movie does something doesn't mean they all need to. That's the problem with all of these movies, they're so caught up in giving winks and nods and using the same beats as the good movies that they forget to write a decent script along the way. It all comes off like fan fiction. Hell, more than half of the characters with dialogue in the movie are existing characters because they were too lazy to write new ones. What made the first movie work wasn't Michael teleporting around and smashing someone into a wall, it was the foreboding sense of menace that he's watching and following.

Then again maybe I'm just a grumpy bastard who wishes the studios would stop turning horror icons into pastiche jokes.

#3660 2 years ago

looks like they are using R&L carriers for me....Do they usually call and give you a heads up when they will be delivering?

#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Glad you mentioned. I pinged Spooky today about my invoice and they said I should have gotten it on the 14th also. Weird they said that it showed I had opened it even when I definitely didn't receive. I've been checking my mail many times a day including spam. If I hadn't known you got yours I probably would have waited another week before pinging them, so thank you!

Got my new invoice and paid for #79

#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

looks like they are using R&L carriers for me....Do they usually call and give you a heads up when they will be delivering?

Did you get a shipment email from R&L? How do you know they're using them for you?

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yes, they will call you to schedule.

#3664 2 years ago

Cool thank you. It stated R&L on the invoice, but they have not contacted me yet. Work is just giving me shit because I have no firm date I’m taking off yet for the delivery.

#3665 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Cool thank you. It stated R&L on the invoice, but they have not contacted me yet. Work is just giving me shit because I have no firm date I’m taking off yet for the delivery.

Check to see if you were given a tracking number with R&L.
You can get a lot of info from here.

https://www2.rlcarriers.com/freight/shipping/shipment-tracing

#3666 2 years ago

Thanks - Still a tad early as I just paid in full last week. I’m sure they’ll reach out to set a time to make sure I’m home.

#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Thanks - Still a tad early as I just paid in full last week. I’m sure they’ll reach out to set a time to make sure I’m home.

Ooohh okay. Squirrel will email you to see if you will be able to take delivery, then provide you with the shipment number for tracking it.
When it hits the local DC R&L should give you a ring to schedule delivery.

#3668 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I always request that they do, but it rarely happens. This time they called me and said they would be arriving in 2 minutes, then proceeded to take 30 mins to show up.

Edit, I guess you meant a call to schedule. Yes they do. I also ask for a call 30 minutes out since it is usually an 8 hour window.

#3669 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I always request that they do, but it rarely happens. This time they called me and said they would be arriving in 2 minutes, then proceeded to take 30 mins to show up.
Edit, I guess you meant a call to schedule. Yes they do. I also ask for a call 30 minutes out since it is usually an 8 hour window.

RL called and scheduled a 1-4pm drop-off last week. Luckily I stayed home that day because they showed up at 9 am and already had the pin in my driveway before ringing the bell!

#3670 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I watched Halloween Kills last night.
Let's just say I'm glad I streamed it and didn't go to the theaters to watch it.

Nailed it. The acting on this movie was pretty bad. The direction of the movie was all over the place. Funniest shit is the guy hunting for Michael Myers only armed with a baseball bat. Although Michael killed all of his lines.

#3671 2 years ago

I'm truly hoping for atleast double of the pumpkin modes. Bc there is just so much that is untapped in this game. Like the opening scene with the view from behind the mask, the school scene with the kids saying he's gonna get you. I believe with a minimum of 12 modes selectable. This will be a amazing game for sure

#3672 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I'm truly hoping for atleast double of the pumpkin modes. Bc there is just so much that is untapped in this game. Like the opening scene with the view from behind the mask, the school scene with the kids saying he's gonna get you. I believe with a minimum of 12 modes selectable. This will be a amazing game for sure

Yep totally agree with this - there are some pretty iconic scenes not yet being used and they could make for some really cool modes. Watching the last code update was super encouraging, so I'm assuming they are working hard on this and we still have a lot to see. Come on Spooky, you've made an awesome, unique layout and a killer theme - now let's have the most awesome code to match it!

#3673 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yep totally agree with this - there are some pretty iconic scenes not yet being used and they could make for some really cool modes. Watching the last code update was super encouraging, so I'm assuming they are working hard on this and we still have a lot to see. Come on Spooky, you've made an awesome, unique layout and a killer theme - now let's have the most awesome code to match it!

Absolutely. I truly feel they have just made a bare bones code right now and even SpookyLuke has said so. So all the haters need to just chill and let this baby mature. With atleast 12 selectable modes and about 30 clips overall, hands down top ten game PERIOD! But we shall see. The one thing that is hurting the progression is the double game aspect of programming and the approval process. But I believe in 12 months it should be totally fleshed out with all we could ever dream of with clips and modes.

#3674 2 years ago

I can't stop thinking how this could be incorporated into one of the tilt warning and tilt screens. . . you could even use custom speech. . .

#3675 2 years ago

Karl is livestreaming a Halloween play with live flipper temp testing now...

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#3676 2 years ago

Hate to cross post but got to play a CE today and I'm so excited to get mine. Love the game.

Jeff

#3677 2 years ago

Wish we could get an update as to progress, rate of production, that kind of a thing that we were sort of getting in the beginning. Hopefully SpookyLuke can give us all an update soon.

Thanks,
Jeff

#3678 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Wish we could get an update as to progress, rate of production, that kind of a thing that we were sort of getting in the beginning. Hopefully SpookyLuke can give us all an update soon.
Thanks,
Jeff

Update posted in the owners thread a little bit ago by SpookyLuke. Another code update coming soon, and sounds like Production will be increasing output.

#3679 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Update posted in the owners thread a little bit ago by SpookyLuke. Another code update coming soon, and sounds like Production will be increasing output.

Yep saw, thanks!!!

Jeff

#3680 2 years ago

For real? This sold in a day? For $15k?

49F0B235-96CC-4321-9E3C-343A0E833F2B (resized).png49F0B235-96CC-4321-9E3C-343A0E833F2B (resized).png
#3681 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

If true…too bad. This a family/friend…profiting off Spooky. Just not cool.

#3682 2 years ago

#3683 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If true…too bad. This a family/friend…profiting off Spooky. Just not cool.

Charlie / Spooky knows who of us has what #.... they know darn well to cut this person off if this was a total slap in the face. . .

#3684 2 years ago

Yep. We see this stuff.

#3685 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

Anyone else stressed seeing his battery life at 3%?

#3686 2 years ago

Halloween, the pin, IS NOT HYPE!!! I had a chance to play #10 on location last night, and I believe they have a home run on their hands. I am an average player that doesnt have a lot of pinball history behind me, so I cant say "This shot shoots like so and so" or it "Feels like" but I walked away very happy with my FOMO purchase. Not sure what software code was installed, but knowing this arcade, Electric Bat, it was up to date.

Art. We all know its amazing. Cab was non-butter and the decals looked great. Multiba ll did stand out now that I know what to look for. Not a big deal and kinda wish my 920 had the defective pf. Small details in the upper pf's and the "pathway sticker" that is on the 180 degree turnaround heading to the bushes really bring the art to life

Powder coating. Kinda hard to tell in the dark light, but it does not look overly goldish.

Sounds/callouts. Tons of call-outs, intense music helping build tension. Kinda hard to hear in the arcade, but in a home setting its going to really shine.

Animations/Video. Looks like animations are being sped up and look better than maybe I remember from the streams. I didnt have a chance to see much of the video, as I was the only one at the arcade at the time. Video sequences did end abruptly and almost too quick.

Shots. Spooky has been dinged previously for some tight shots. I am happy to report that I did not experience one tight shot and all felt very smooth.

Inlane lifters. Takes a while to get used to and doesn't overly slow down the game, but if they can manage to stage a ball, that would help.

LED's/lighting. No overly bright, but I am glad they can be turned down a bit. Some defusers might not be a bad idea for appearance sake, but Ill let others experiment. Overall playfield lighting colors were spot on and the orange is perfect.

Build Quality. They have a R&M next to HWN. Similar weight and overall solid feel to the pin.

The rest of the review could be machine specific

Clear drop targets. This pin had the same issues as others who are reporting they are not falling consistently or when they do, not level with the PF, and this was the case for me as well. Particularly the middle target was a bear to get down.

Airballs. The 3rd standup target from the left was throwing the balls all over the place and one ball got stuck near the "balcony". A ball search cleared it.

SDTM shots. Maybe it was the setup, but there are a couple of SDTM shots that happen if the shot isnt made. I had a couple in one game and it was somewhat frustrating.

"Dead Zone" somewhere under the upper pfs. I did a soft plunge and ball ball went up the shooter lane and floated somewhere under the upper pf's and just sat there. I am not sure where it was at, ball search did not trigger and probably would not have mattered, other than maybe causing a little vibration and knocking it loose. Eventually mine came out. Another player was not so lucky and tilted his game to get it out. There is somewhere under there where the ball must just kinda sit.

Anyway, I only put 5 games on and have no regrets getting FOMO on this pin. Overall I know its only going to get better from here and am extremely happy with this purchase. I am only going to play it sparingly until mine shows up(920) but its a winner!!!

Great job Spooky!!!

#3687 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Halloween, the pin, IS NOT HYPE!!! I had a chance to play #10 on location last night, and I believe they have a home run on their hands. I am an average player that doesnt have a lot of pinball history behind me, so I cant say "This shot shoots like so and so" or it "Feels like" but I walked away very happy with my FOMO purchase. Not sure what software code was installed, but knowing this arcade, Electric Bat, it was up to date.
Art. We all know its amazing. Cab was non-butter and the decals looked great. Multiba ll did stand out now that I know what to look for. Not a big deal and kinda wish my 920 had the defective pf. Small details in the upper pf's and the "pathway sticker" that is on the 180 degree turnaround heading to the bushes really bring the art to life
Powder coating. Kinda hard to tell in the dark light, but it does not look overly goldish.
Sounds/callouts. Tons of call-outs, intense music helping build tension. Kinda hard to hear in the arcade, but in a home setting its going to really shine.
Animations/Video. Looks like animations are being sped up and look better than maybe I remember from the streams. I didnt have a chance to see much of the video, as I was the only one at the arcade at the time. Video sequences did end abruptly and almost too quick.
Shots. Spooky has been dinged previously for some tight shots. I am happy to report that I did not experience one tight shot and all felt very smooth.
Inlane lifters. Takes a while to get used to and doesn't overly slow down the game, but if they can manage to stage a ball, that would help.
LED's/lighting. No overly bright, but I am glad they can be turned down a bit. Some defusers might not be a bad idea for appearance sake, but Ill let others experiment. Overall playfield lighting colors were spot on and the orange is perfect.
Build Quality. They have a R&M next to HWN. Similar weight and overall solid feel to the pin.
The rest of the review could be machine specific
Clear drop targets. This pin had the same issues as others who are reporting they are not falling consistently or when they do, not level with the PF, and this was the case for me as well. Particularly the middle target was a bear to get down.
Airballs. The 3rd standup target from the left was throwing the balls all over the place and one ball got stuck near the "balcony". A ball search cleared it.
SDTM shots. Maybe it was the setup, but there are a couple of SDTM shots that happen if the shot isnt made. I had a couple in one game and it was somewhat frustrating.
"Dead Zone" somewhere under the upper pfs. I did a soft plunge and ball ball went up the shooter lane and floated somewhere under the upper pf's and just sat there. I am not sure where it was at, ball search did not trigger and probably would not have mattered, other than maybe causing a little vibration and knocking it loose. Eventually mine came out. Another player was not so lucky and tilted his game to get it out. There is somewhere under there where the ball must just kinda sit.
Anyway, I only put 5 games on and have no regrets getting FOMO on this pin. Overall I know its only going to get better from here and am extremely happy with this purchase. I am only going to play it sparingly until mine shows up(920) but its a winner!!!
Great job Spooky!!!

Thank you!! Don't forget to go rate the game guys!

#3688 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

I was the buyer and yes it sold for the equivalent of 15k. I had a later number and wanted one in my house for my halloween party.

#3689 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I was the buyer and yes it sold for the equivalent of 15k. I had a later number and wanted one in my house for my halloween party.

Congrats and Happy Halloween!

#3690 2 years ago

Any pics of Halloween at Expo?

#3691 2 years ago

Anyone have any updates on their games shipping or received? Think the window has closed on getting mine by Halloween. Minor bummer, but not a big deal

#3692 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Anyone have any updates on their games shipping or received? Think the window has closed on getting mine by Halloween. Minor bummer, but not a big deal

# 80 got his shipping today - #78 here and Nothing yet. When invoiced, Spooky told me they are aiming to have mine ready on 10/28. hope still on track cause I have Friday off of work to sign for delivery -,praying it’s a one day transit since I’m only 2 1/2 hrs away and I can’t take Monday off of work.

#3694 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Hop over to the owner's thread...more updates over there.

#3695 2 years ago

I posted this on the other Halloween thread as well but figured I would post it here also.

I just received an e-mail from Spooky saying that mine would not be out for delivery until next week. I'm number #70 by the way. This is after receiving e-mails 2 weeks ago that it would ship last week or either this week. Now it is pushed to next week since I believe since Spooky is at the Expo. Not sure how #80 is shipped out before #70?

#3696 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

Not sure how #80 is shipped out before #70?

Butter?

#3697 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

I posted this on the other Halloween thread as well but figured I would post it here also.
I just received an e-mail from Spooky saying that mine would not be out for delivery until next week. I'm number #70 by the way. This is after receiving e-mails 2 weeks ago that it would ship last week or either this week. Now it is pushed to next week since I believe since Spooky is at the Expo. Not sure how #80 is shipped out before #70?

Same here. Mine is still on the line and won’t ship until next week.

#3698 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Same here. Mine is still on the line and won’t ship until next week.

Dang, sux that you won't get till after Oct 31st.

#3699 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, I had thought decent chance i'd get it before Halloween before, but paid invoice on #79 on 10/18 and haven't heard anything since.

#3700 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang, sux that you won't get till after Oct 31st.</blockquote

I know…oh well! Good news is of a chance I may have my GNR LE delivered this weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/74?hl=freakyvideoguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.